What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (11 Viewers)

My honest answer is, pretty much all of it. The mention of the CEO felonies may have been over the top. A few high level thoughts.

Broken promises. Lots of talk from the CEO, maybe speak less as the drug approval process is not straight forward. He speaks as if there is no competition-there is.

Fire CMO? Not a good look to me.

Partner with Vyera? Do you think that’s the best choice to commercialize and get top value from a new drug? What do we think sharing 50% of sales with them might indicate about projected sales?
Good thing this never happens in business.

I really hope you guys aren't putting more than 1% of your investment assets into a penny stock.
This I agree with in totality. I won’t be upset if this thing goes up 10x and I only have 5000 shares. That one guy saying he and his wife have over 100k is crazy. That’s the same guy who starts some oddball thread and mentions he gambled behind his wife’s back. Maybe it works out or maybe he’s just lying on a message board. Even Chet has way more assets so that if this went to zero, I’m sure he’d be fine. I’m good with my less than 1% skin in the game.

Not trying to interrupt the conversation on CYDY, but I am interested in opinions on Royal Dutch Shell and Exxon Mobil Corporation as an investment over the next 5 to 8 years?
Really tough.  Alternative energy growth rates are down, but energy demand is still increasing.  Yet we have huge pawns all over the board moving with respect to oil prices, which makes it incredibly hard to see where that market is going.  XOM is pretty debt heavy and RDS has a massive debt load (right there with T in the "oh crap" pile).  CVX has been driving theirs down (I own a decent bit of CVX). 

Honestly, my little personal perspective - right now great swing trade.  I think oil companies will reflate after the virus item.  Once CVX hits 120+ again I'm selling and waiting until it drops near 110 to buy again.  I see a lot of yo-yo in this market continuing.  

This I agree with in totality. I won’t be upset if this thing goes up 10x and I only have 5000 shares. That one guy saying he and his wife have over 100k is crazy. That’s the same guy who starts some oddball thread and mentions he gambled behind his wife’s back. Maybe it works out or maybe he’s just lying on a message board. Even Chet has way more assets so that if this went to zero, I’m sure he’d be fine. I’m good with my less than 1% skin in the game.
This was my exact point on the previous page. Same here on my 5,142 shares. When Chet steps in and buys 50k shares, it is different than someone else buying 50k shares. He is clearly a believer and I'm sure his faith here is strong, but I'm also pretty sure everything he has invested won't change his life if this goes to zero.

ETA: & yes, when I read someone else who doesn't have Chet money buying over 100k shares, I can only shake my head. If I was to lose $125k on this stock, it wouldn't be pleasant. 

Last edited by a moderator:
This was my exact point on the previous page. Same here on my 5,142 shares. When Chet steps in and buys 50k shares, it is different than someone else buying 50k shares. He is clearly a believer and I'm sure his faith here is strong, but I'm also pretty sure everything he has invested won't change his life if this goes to zero.

ETA: & yes, when I read someone else who doesn't have Chet money buying over 100k shares, I can only shake my head. If I was to lose $125k on this stock, it wouldn't be pleasant. 
This is exactly what motivated me to register an account and post.

Powell says Fed must use forward guidance, purchases in future downturn. “Our traditional tool, of course, is interest rates. And low rates are not really a choice anymore: They are a fact of reality. So we will have less room to cut. That means it’s much more likely that we’ll have to turn to the tools that we used in the financial crisis when we hit the lower bound. Which is forward guidance – which says it will keep rates low – and then it’s also large-scale asset purchases of longer-term securities to drive longer-term rates down and support the economy. We will use those tools, I believe we will use them aggressively should the need arise to do so. There’s no need to do that now. But we will use those tools aggressively
If you don't understand why I love gold, I don't know how else to explain it, but I'll do my best since the hypothesis has only gotten stronger in the past 2 years since I started building my hoard:

1) The Fed (and all CBs really) have almost turned the US markets into the safe haven. This is an extremely dangerous game. While people are truly starting to believe that recessions and bear markets are impossible, lulled to a sense of safety (by the same people who said the subprime crisis was well contained nonetheless), the central banks are creating an environment that can only end in disaster, they're truly ####### morons. One day in the future (who knows when), the chickens will come home to roost. When they do, you'll see printing on a scale we haven't seen before. Gold can only be mined, it can't be created from thin air. I will sell my gold one day, but not until the chaos created by CBs comes to fruition. Based on this bull market and gold rising step by step with equities, I can only believe a lot of smart money sees it the same, otherwise, gold would be under $1k, prob closer to $500.

2) Interest rates won't rise until we've printed too much debt that the demand isn't strong enough to support it... It will happen one day, it's a simple law of supply and demand, but again, who knows when and prob not for a long time. Yield historically has been the argument against gold, but we love in a world where yield is disappearing, so gold is only getting stronger. 

3) When they turn the printing presses on aggressively again (and right now they're covertly on, disguised as a fix for the repo market), your dollars will be worth less. 

Put these almost undeniable facts together and gold is a hedge against central banks, imo. Your dollars will absolutely be worth less, but your gold will be worth more.

I did learn a valuable lesson though in speaking with my accountant, gold is taxed as a collectible, not as an equity for long term gains, 28% :kicksrock:  ... This is why my new purchases are in miners and not the underlying metal or ETFs, and Barrick to me is the best. Kinda sucks that I will be slaughtered by Uncle Sam as I move out of the gold ETFs. 

So, you stumbled upon a fantasy football website and happened to start on page 330 of the investments thread?

Makes sense.
No, I’ve been a subscriber for years. I’ve sporadically read the forums and have learned from posts like fantasycurse’s above. So I thought I’d add my perspective.

Maybe no one wants to hear a different point of view? 

I just find it increasingly difficult to back fossil fuel companies over any time frame. If yield you seek, perhaps have a look at MLPX, though midstream plays are seemingly as sensitive as the exploration companies to the vicissitudes of oil prices these days.
I've had RDSA for several years, and I was planning to sit on it and just take the 7% dividend for a good long time. And yet the longer I hold it, the more I think about selling it. I've been hedging during fuel price dips with airlines. SAVE is the latest, though that's definitely a trade and not an investment (sub-9 P/E, sub-.8 PEG, no China or 737MAX exposure, low fuels prices and no fuel hedge iirc for them). As much as anything, owning it feels more and more incompatible with my world view. One of the reasons I bought a Tesla was to support advancements towards less dependence on fossil fuels. Yet here I sit owning Shell? You may have spurred me to make Shell and Spirit a package deal. When one goes, the other does, too.  

No, I’ve been a subscriber for years. I’ve sporadically read the forums and have learned from posts like fantasycurse’s above. So I thought I’d add my perspective.

Maybe no one wants to hear a different point of view? 
I always want to hear different POVs. It's just curious timing. And I'm more skeptical than most. And ###hole enough to voice it.

I don't think you know how much $ Cav has so not sure you need to worry much about him saying he bought 125k shares.

And they just announced their China deal.
The market response to this send relatively tepid. What are ramifications for current holders? Does this partnership dilute our share value?

BRIEF-Cytodyn Signs Letter Of Intent For The Joint Development And Licensing Of Leronlimab In China With Longen China Group

REUTERS - 9:17 AM ET

Feb 12 (Reuters) - Cytodyn Inc (CYDY):

* CYTODYN SIGNS LETTER OF INTENT FOR THE JOINT DEVELOPMENT AND LICENSING OF LERONLIMAB IN CHINA WITH LONGEN CHINA GROUP

* CYTODYN INC (CYDY) - CO, LONGEN WILL BEGIN EXPLORING OPPORTUNITIES FOR LERONLIMAB FOR TREATMENT OF 2019 NOVEL CORONAVIRUS AND CANCER Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:

(c) Reuters 2020. Al

I always want to hear different POVs. It's just curious timing. And I'm more skeptical than most. And ###hole enough to voice it.
This. 3 times last night I went to post the question you posed of how he found our little little thread on our FF forum but ultimately didn’t as Chet and him were having an interesting discussion.  Glad you did though.  

This is petty, but I am curious why you direct this at me and not the person who made the original comment that I replied to? 
because it keeps getting brought up and you specifically called him out for "not having Chet money"

EDIT: honestly, I skimmed the post you replied to and didn't see the comment originally. that was not necessary either IMO.

just feel like this thread is getting sidetracked by too many people expressing concern over GB Cav's enthusiastic investment here. Let's move on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm generally strongly opposed to gossipng about other people in here. 

Also you have no idea what his percentage stake is. It could be less than yours.

General advice is great, targeting other posters with judgements, not so much

The market response to this send relatively tepid. What are ramifications for current holders? Does this partnership dilute our share value?

BRIEF-Cytodyn Signs Letter Of Intent For The Joint Development And Licensing Of Leronlimab In China With Longen China Group

REUTERS - 9:17 AM ET

Feb 12 (Reuters) - Cytodyn Inc (CYDY):

* CYTODYN SIGNS LETTER OF INTENT FOR THE JOINT DEVELOPMENT AND LICENSING OF LERONLIMAB IN CHINA WITH LONGEN CHINA GROUP

* CYTODYN INC (CYDY) - CO, LONGEN WILL BEGIN EXPLORING OPPORTUNITIES FOR LERONLIMAB FOR TREATMENT OF 2019 NOVEL CORONAVIRUS AND CANCER Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:

(c) Reuters 2020. Al
I think this deal has been expected to happen for a bit and it was also mentioned in the video Chet posted on the last page, so it was probably already priced in with the market is my thoughts on why it didn’t move a ton.  

I'm generally strongly opposed to gossipng about other people in here. 

Also you have no idea what his percentage stake is. It could be less than yours.

General advice is great, targeting other posters with judgements, not so much
No I don’t, but I do legitimately worry and/or have a bit of disbelief. It’s an anonymous message board and I take a lot with a grain of salt.

Also, I’m not judging, just saying that in reading some of his posts and threads that if true, seem to make it more risky than others in here.

Anyway, I’ll refrain from making anyone all upset. If he loses his shirt somehow, I won’t care, it’s could be his last shirt or maybe a tiny portion of his huge wardrobe of shirts. I won’t care and won’t comment. Sound good?

because it keeps getting brought up and you specifically called him out for "not having Chet money"
 That one guy saying he and his wife have over 100k is crazy. That’s the same guy who starts some oddball thread and mentions he gambled behind his wife’s back. Maybe it works out or maybe he’s just lying on a message board. 
So that quote didn't bother you enough to elicit a reaction, but me assuming someone doesn't have as much money as our possibly most wealthy poster did? If he does have Chet money,, good for him! It was an assumption, and if it offended Cav I'm sorry to him. I find your chain of logic singling my comment odd here. Just my .02, but we can leave it there. 

No I don’t, but I do legitimately worry and/or have a bit of disbelief. It’s an anonymous message board and I take a lot with a grain of salt.

Also, I’m not judging, just saying that in reading some of his posts and threads that if true, seem to make it more risky than others in here.

Anyway, I’ll refrain from making anyone all upset. If he loses his shirt somehow, I won’t care, it’s could be his last shirt or maybe a tiny portion of his huge wardrobe of shirts. I won’t care and won’t comment. Sound good?
Cool. Also let's not bring up long ago, likely drunken posts where we talk about our spouses

So that quote didn't bother you enough to elicit a reaction, but me assuming someone doesn't have as much money as our possibly most wealthy poster did? If he does have Chet money,, good for him! It was an assumption, and if it offended Cav I'm sorry to him. I find your chain of logic singling my comment odd here. Just my .02, but we can leave it there. 
please see my edited post. thanks.

Cool. Also let's not bring up long ago, likely drunken posts where we talk about our spouses
Let’s get serious. It’s a message board, don’t post stupid things if you don’t want people bringing them up. Sorry I remembered some of his (or your?) posts and legitimately wondered if he was doing something way too risky. Maybe I actually genuinely worried. If I was an #######, I’d be hoping for a huge dive and then reply to his post with a 🤣

I bought 4-5k shares on NVDA on the recommendation of another poster, I don't know 7-8 years ago or something, maybe a 20k total investment, and another prominent poster that hasn't been around in many years PMed me I was crazy and to dump it.  The person who PMed had made a fortune in the stock market so I valued his opinion and sold.

STILL

HURTS

fwiw

Why do you hate Cav?

I’ve upped my position to 90% of my portfolio.  If this crashes do any of you have a garage me an my family can move into?  
I live in NYC, unfortunately my house is comparable to a shoebox. I can rent out some space behind one of my strollers under the staircase in the hallway for about $1,700 a month. If a garage is a must, this one sells spots for $200k and they only have a monthly carrying charge of $300 a month on top of the initial investment. Norah Jones lives across the street, so you've got that going for you.

I live in NYC, unfortunately my house is comparable to a shoebox. I can rent out some space behind one of my strollers under the staircase in the hallway for about $1,700 a month. If a garage is a must, this one sells spots for $200k and they only have a monthly carrying charge of $300 a month on top of the initial investment. Norah Jones lives across the street, so you've got that going for you.
As I live in So-Cal your offer makes living in the tunnel below freeway look pretty attractive.  Though the Norah angle does give me pause.  

dkp993 said:
If CYDY crashes maybe we together could kick out the current “residents” and take it over.  If we sleep in shifts I think it’s relatively safe.  
I'm only interested if it has a lap pool... Lap pool is a must for me!

Users who are viewing this thread