What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (12 Viewers)

I'm long, but just my opinion - short sellers are circling everywhere like starved, methed out vultures right now, looking for anything to pounce on.  I have to imagine the short interest will explode on this one.  

I'm long, but just my opinion - short sellers are circling everywhere like starved, methed out vultures right now, looking for anything to pounce on.  I have to imagine the short interest will explode on this one.  
I can’t think of a higher risk short than a drug that shows promising results for CV-19. Most will win, but those that bet against the proper play will go bankrupt fast.

I actually want the short interest to explode. If there is another batch of successful news, it’ll rocket that much higher. 

Like if you’re shorting 10 stocks that are rocketing on trials, and 9 of them fail, the one that succeeds will bring so much losses that you’ll prob still go bankrupt.

Like if you’re shorting 10 stocks that are rocketing on trials, and 9 of them fail, the one that succeeds will bring so much losses that you’ll prob still go bankrupt.
Right, this may turn out to be garbage and it’s a risky long but in this environment (covid) its a  crazy risky short

My average is almost half of that and I hate myself.

So we all basically have 5k shares?

If it did pan out, we're talking a price target that easily makes our 5k shares worth 6 figures, imo. Plus the other stuff, you know, the stuff we supposedly bought it for like HIV and Breast Cancer treatments.
I have $30k at 1.05.  Wish I got in at 0.60

I mean it’s basically a bet on Chet lol, a guy who I don’t know...but I’ve been on these boards for an eternity and he’s got cred in my book.

Lifes a gamble and I’m a FBG so a complete loss is not desired but not gonna change things for me (other not liking Chet any more)

I can’t think of a higher risk short than a drug that shows promising results for CV-19. Most will win, but those that bet against the proper play will go bankrupt fast.

I actually want the short interest to explode. If there is another batch of successful news, it’ll rocket that much higher. 
I hope for the same, just urging caution as there are going to be forces actively working against this one.  Hope we punch their lights out but they will be there. 

So I assume that means yes?  I asked this before, the ceiling for CyDy is 20s-30s?
I thought I saw current market cap is 300-400M.  So 20x would put it valued at $6B.

That feels high, I think $10 would fantastic... obviously

My math may be wrong.

In part answer is depends on timeframe.  10yrs yah it could be 30

Since I am a stock noob I have a few questions, and I want to use something like CYDY as an example, but not asking about this stock specifically. 

So is there a way to tell if a stock like this is trending up or down from it's current stock price BEFORE markets open, and where?  For example sometimes on the Yahoo finance when I look at a stock at night it has a future number next to it.  Is there any accuracy in that?  If it shows red will the stock likely open lower than it's current price?

On the flip side of that say a stock has explosive news in the off hours.  Say for example a ridiculous amount of good news came out about CYDY and everyone and their brother wanted this stock monday morning.  If you were confident this stock would hit $3 monday and go up even more after that, how high of a limit would you have to put in to realistically get the stock?

If a stock price is $1.50 right now and it's going to have a ridiculous demand when trading opens, does a limit of say $2 assure you of getting the stock?

dkp993 said:
The answer is maybe, it will only buy at that price if it opens at that price or hits that price within the time frame you set.   
If I set the price right now at 1.37 (which is where it's currently at), would it be guaranteed to execute?  Or should I set the price a little higher (say 1.45)?

Short answer: no you are not guaranteed to get that stock at the closing price. The term is “gap up “which means that there could be a discrete jump from the closing price Friday to the opening on Monday. Not exactly sure how after hours and pre-market works on that but nonetheless it is very possible to put in a limit order and have the share price jump right over it.

Since I am a stock noob I have a few questions, and I want to use something like CYDY as an example, but not asking about this stock specifically. 

So is there a way to tell if a stock like this is trending up or down from it's current stock price BEFORE markets open, and where?  For example sometimes on the Yahoo finance when I look at a stock at night it has a future number next to it.  Is there any accuracy in that?  If it shows red will the stock likely open lower than it's current price?

On the flip side of that say a stock has explosive news in the off hours.  Say for example a ridiculous amount of good news came out about CYDY and everyone and their brother wanted this stock monday morning.  If you were confident this stock would hit $3 monday and go up even more after that, how high of a limit would you have to put in to realistically get the stock?

If a stock price is $1.50 right now and it's going to have a ridiculous demand when trading opens, does a limit of say $2 assure you of getting the stock?
No.  It could gap up beyond $2. Ya just never know.  I mean look this is a drug that potentially treats HIV, Canver, Covid-19 and Erectile Dysfunction (many of us have a hard on lasting 4+ hours).  A number of years ago I purchased stock in $ACAD, a pharma company with a potential break-thru drug.  Bought at $1.80 or so and in less than 12 months it was in the mid $30's.  The first gap up went from $2 - $6 overnight.  I've also bought plenty that had seemingly a lot of potential that went totally bust.  These things are gambles.  Play 10x you likely lose 9 of them, and hopefully this one is a home run.  The future on this is far from known.  But exciting nonetheless.

Last edited by a moderator:
1.80 to 30’s is sick!   CYDY is my first individual stock purchase ever, hopefully I have a story like yours to tell with it.  🤞

McBokonon said:
No. You're going to need to set a limit price for whatever you want to buy it at and hope it fills. If you're up in time, you can try to trade in the early market but that's still using limit prices. 
That's what I did. No idea if it will fill, if not there's other plays out there. 666 shares 🤔 (low number for now because my money hasn't completely transferred from my old account)

1.80 to 30’s is sick!   CYDY is my first individual stock purchase ever, hopefully I have a story like yours to tell with it.  🤞
That would be great but don’t count on that type of a move. I could easily see a move up to $10 if this Covid-19 treatment is successful. Just based on the skyrocketing of over biotechs recently. $30 means a $12-14B market cap. A $3-4B market cap is a lot but not a huge stretch of the treatment continues to show well.

As mentioned above, I hope we all make some serious coin because it would be great to have a treatment that helps with what’s going on now.

That would be great but don’t count on that type of a move. I could easily see a move up to $10 if this Covid-19 treatment is successful. Just based on the skyrocketing of over biotechs recently. $30 means a $12-14B market cap. A $3-4B market cap is a lot but not a huge stretch of the treatment continues to show well.

As mentioned above, I hope we all make some serious coin because it would be great to have a treatment that helps with what’s going on now.
Totally agree 

win win

fantasycurse42 said:
I was reading the post, it was like the 3rd article down, I saw the headline and I was just like it couldn’t be.... I spit my coffee out and I haven’t stopped giggling since.

@chet I should buy more Monday, right?
Happy that it might work but I would think this is actually much less of a revenue event for the drug company than you might think. Maybe I'm wrong. 

Some reading on CYDY that exposes some Potential risks. 

Potentially hard to scale And DPA COULD be used to make share recipe with other drug cos to ramp production

Of interest in replies: 

"

The concept isn’t new. We’ve known for a long while that T-helper cells play a major role in the immune cascade that can cause inflammatory overdrive. This includes knowledge of their involvement in the cytokine storm described in SARS.

What is new is that the FDA just two weeks ago gave approval for emergency IND (investigational new drug) use outside of the upcoming trial that CytoDyn has been designing since January.

While leronlimab shows great promise (backed by phase 2 and 3 trials) for other diseases (HIV, breast cancer, etc), it is on fast track and it isn’t readily available or easy to get yet (like hydroxychloroquine is, for example).

There are several other monoclonal antibodies, notably the IL-6 modulators, which are being used as part of COVID trials as of this week. You will hear of many others in the coming weeks and months.

This is exciting. To me, monoclonal antibodies are the best shot at effective treatment."

I just looked, it's showing CYDY is slightly down right now. Interested to see where it's at. 
Where are you looking to see that?

Edit.....just looked at marketwatch.  Yep. Shows down to 1.35 right now

Everything I looked at was down.  

Yup

And yup, so which way does it go since then...
Well, has anyone heard anything about it on any mainstream networks?   I have not.

Probably up but could it really shoot up over 2 bucks 1 second after the market opens?  Are the folks in this thread going to combine to buy a million shares?  🤑

Some reading on CYDY that exposes some Potential risks. 

Potentially hard to scale And DPA COULD be used to make share recipe with other drug cos to ramp production

Of interest in replies: 

"

The concept isn’t new. We’ve known for a long while that T-helper cells play a major role in the immune cascade that can cause inflammatory overdrive. This includes knowledge of their involvement in the cytokine storm described in SARS.

What is new is that the FDA just two weeks ago gave approval for emergency IND (investigational new drug) use outside of the upcoming trial that CytoDyn has been designing since January.

While leronlimab shows great promise (backed by phase 2 and 3 trials) for other diseases (HIV, breast cancer, etc), it is on fast track and it isn’t readily available or easy to get yet (like hydroxychloroquine is, for example).

There are several other monoclonal antibodies, notably the IL-6 modulators, which are being used as part of COVID trials as of this week. You will hear of many others in the coming weeks and months.

This is exciting. To me, monoclonal antibodies are the best shot at effective treatment."
:tinfoilhat: here, but the anointed king in all of this, Dr. Fauci is a massive massive proponent of vaccines.  Despite tons of evidence, "anecdotal" and otherwise, use of drugs like chloroquine and now leronlimab, or things as novel as intravenous vitamin C, that have seen tremendous rates of treatment success have been largely downplayed, if not entirely ignored by our mainstream medical authorities.  Remember, Fauci is a career medical politician and is clearly calling the shots with regards to the narrative on this entire pandemic.  He and Trump continue to contradict each other with regards to severity and treatment protocols.  I've come across some stuff that shows Fauci with industry ties to Moderna (symbol: MRNA) who coincidentally produces RNA-based drugs.  I think they may be one of the front runners to come out of this with the "miracle vaccine" that the world is tripping over themselves for.  

My completely inexpert opinion is that while other drugs are showing great promise for treating Covid-19, there's too much internal politicking to think any will catch on with the mainstream authorities, as they continue to bide there time until a vaccine can be hurriedly developed.  I think something like CYDY can def be getting the publicity/stock pop for its positive PR on treatment potential, but I'm not so sure I could see them rising to the top as "the one" for the corona cure, so the chances of that big time run up into double digits seems way less likely than the classic penny stock rollercoaster patterns.  

Here's an article from Bloomberg discussing Fauci's focus on vaccine development:

Link

CYDY's drug Leronlimab starting to get mainstream press coverage.  Articles in NY Post and DailyMail on Friday.  Was mentioned on Fox & Friends this morning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLCSMNuND04&feature=youtu.be

Around the 10:30 mark
Not a comment on CYDY, hoping it works out because I want an effective treatment and for FBG’s to make boatloads.

I wouldn’t describe any of this as mainstream. The Daily Mail is complete trash. Not saying they are lying, but they didn’t really dig here - just reported what they were told - presumably by CYDY themselves but they don’t say in the original article. The NY Post merely repeats the Mail. The woman on Fox and Friends most likely just read the above and regurgitated. 

Not a comment on CYDY, hoping it works out because I want an effective treatment and for FBG’s to make boatloads.

I wouldn’t describe any of this as mainstream. The Daily Mail is complete trash. Not saying they are lying, but they didn’t really dig here - just reported what they were told - presumably by CYDY themselves but they don’t say in the original article. The NY Post merely repeats the Mail. The woman on Fox and Friends most likely just read the above and regurgitated. 
I've thought about that too.  Some of the worst news sources covering this but at least it does get the word out.   Basically a short term bump seems assured, nothing more than that.

The other thing that I've thought about since all I have these days is time to spend on the internet is that this sample size is ridiculously small.  Even if two patients got off ventilators,we  know very little about these patients, how long they had been on ventilators and if they weren't just ready to come off them because the virus had passed naturally.  We really know nothing except I guess that this leronlimab did not cause any immediate negative affects.

The other thing that I've thought about since all I have these days is time to spend on the internet is that this sample size is ridiculously small.  Even if two patients got off ventilators,we  know very little about these patients, how long they had been on ventilators and if they weren't just ready to come off them because the virus had passed naturally.  We really know nothing except I guess that this leronlimab did not cause any immediate negative affects.
Absolutely, if the sample size was larger it would be at $3 (for illustration)

Or her main field might be 3 triple xxxx breast cancer like she said.

Isn't the COVID-19 aspect literally a bonus value added at this point, especially if you bought 2 months ago?
Bonus value for sure, just not sure if its a sell the news event.  Everyone in here should be up on this trade tomorrow.

The biggest positive I can see is that it has been promoted to the "fast track" process by the FDA.  So at least we know its going to be reviewed in a short time frame.

Or her main field might be 3 triple xxxx breast cancer like she said.
Maybe? I don’t really know. But, and I don’t want to go too far down this hole here, but the current leader of the current administration is trying to downplay the COVID-19 threat. FOX News is sympathetic to him. They often have pundits come on their shows to carry the preferred narrative. Daily Mail -> NY POST -> Fox Panelist is a very common information laundering pattern. I’m just saying be wary on this very specific news item.

That said, unless it pops ridiculously in the morning, I’m absolutely throwing some gambling money into this tomorrow.

Been burned so many times by penny stocks that I'm permanently scalded.  I am going to be the wet blanket and predict a gap open and a red close on the day.  Hope to be proven wrong, but I have no faith anymore.  Shorts are going to be all over this one. Again, hope I'm wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread