What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (13 Viewers)

$2.54 and climbing
I was in the midst of entering a stop limit order to sell one tenth of my position when the price was well over $3. I intended to put the order to sell if the price dropped to $3. Got a call at work and couldn't place the order. That call, so far, has cost me $500.

SOme crap is going on with fidelity where it wasnt letting me sell.  Tried at like 2.75  I am royally pissed.  It days I dont have enough shares, but my account shows 1000 shares.  I was trying to sell 1000.  Tried like 4 times.  What the everloving ####

Real glad I made ####### ZERO on that ####.  Thanks fidelity

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to register as a day trader if you make more than five round trip trades in a set period of time. A round trip trade is one where you buy and sell on the same day. That is my understanding of it.
How may here are registered day trader?

You need a 25 k balance and they do some other check right ?

I have the balance covered. What kind of check do they do? How long does it take ?

Sold 40% of my holdings at $3.17 (was trying to sell at $3.50 but was in the wrong account!  :lmao: ) which locked in a 30% gain on my original investment.  Going to free roll the rest.  

What were all selling CYDY? I’m in at 1000 shares at 1.04. Wasn’t the thought rolling the dice and going for 10 time return. 

Don’t worry. The overall market did the same thing. Popped but already looking down. I’m on a conference call and my part ended and it was a blink before it went from 3.36 to high 2s.

ZM, CYDY and AMZN have been good to me through this downturn. Everything else definitely took big hits. Beating the S&P by around 10% (down a little less than 15%) even though I didn’t seek off. Nice to have some winners offset some big hits.

That said, I do have some cash so I’m not going to hate a little bit of a downturn in some stocks I’d like to have more of but that might not happen. Not really sure. 

I'm still all-in for 5k shares @ $0.98 WA.... I'm banking on continued progress and some good FDA news  :mansion:

ETA: Well done to those who sold and the top, now you can average-cost your way back in as it drops

####. Just looking at the market. Nice work all on this. Had to do a double take seeing my portfolio up meaningfully despite the market overall being in the red. 

Do we sit and HODL?  Sell?  I missed the peak....

I really enjoy doing this day trading thing at an amateur level. I know it's dumb but it scratches my gambling itch. I feel others here play it that way as well. If you can afford it it's kind of a fun thing to mess around with.

Just so I'm not doing this wrong is everyone here a registered day trader? Should I even worry about it?

####. Just looking at the market. Nice work all on this. Had to do a double take seeing my portfolio up meaningfully despite the market overall being in the red. 

Do we sit and HODL?  Sell?  I missed the peak....
Market in the red???  I am seeing up over 1%

Stay on target...stay on target...
Yep. It’s a nice pop. Others who got in earlier are up way more, but I’ll take up 1.5x since I bought an extra 5k not long ago. That said, if the news continues to look good, doubling from here wouldn’t surprise me. I’m holding for the potential.

@chet I know the Covid-19 stuff is great news. How’s the rest of the stuff going? Is this taking over or delaying the HIV/cancer trials/filings?

Day in the life of a noob.  Every single investment that is currently in my account is in the red............market up over 1%
Amazon is the biggest part of my portfolio, it’s up over 2%. It’s a big part of the S&P. Maybe Apple, Microsoft and Google are up too? Those guys drove the bus before. 

Users who are viewing this thread