Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Great job today everyone - keep the recommendations coming - let's keep making some green! Be safe and have a great weekend.

24 minutes ago, Todem said:

Typical Friday selloff at the close.

And I think we get our third Monday Bloody Monday in a row. Be ready.

Oddly I'm hoping so

Carly Fiorina of get this Carly Fiorina Eneterprises on CNBC. What a loser. So toxic, no one will hire her so she has to create her own company.  Probably created in 3 weeks ago and is looking for a bailout.

1 minute ago, lod001 said:

Carly Fiorina of get this Carly Fiorina Eneterprises on CNBC. What a loser. So toxic, no one will hire her so she has to create her own company.  Probably created in 3 weeks ago and is looking for a bailout.

That call was so choppy I could only hear every fourth word or so

3 hours ago, JerseyToughGuys said:

GB FBG wanted FBG vetting

I have a name. 

Just looking for thoughts anyone here may have. Don't know the industry. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Todem said:

We are in BLMN at $6.42

This will be a glorious trade.

So you're saying I shouldn't have sold out at the close? 

Not a bad gain overall, half in at 6.59, another half at 6.41, 2.5% gain.

I'll probably buy back in Monday.

2 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

So you're saying I shouldn't have sold out at the close? 

Not a bad gain overall, half in at 6.59, another half at 6.41, 2.5% gain.

I'll probably buy back in Monday.

Got some also.

Closed at 666

Perfect

Just now, ghostguy123 said:

Got some also.

Closed at 666

Perfect

Exactly what I had my limit sell set at.

I haven't done options before, don't know if I will.

Posted (edited)

welp ...guess I shouldn't have taken that walk.  I gave up on a sell off and left the house.  I don't trade by phone so SOL.  I just wanted to buy for longer term so it's no great loss, but still frustrating.  

ETA:  not trying to "time" it, so trying to buy a little for the next few weeks so I don't miss "it" if we don't go lower

...while thinking we are going to go lower.

Edited by Binky The Doormat

Posted (edited)

Things are looking great in China right now with Coronavirus infections.  I think that is why the market rebounded this week.  The US is going to get hit really hard over the next few weeks with Coronavirus deaths but that could be the end of it.  I'm keyed in on whether a second wave of infections happens in China, Iran, or Italy.  That would bring the markets tumbling down again.

Edited by Don Hutson
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, McBokonon said:

MGM looks interesting, but I'm going to wait until next week and look at selling a bunch of January 2021 puts, maybe even as low as a 5 buck strike price.

Selling cash-secured puts? I wouldn’t want to commit to tying up cash in this environment. On margin, sounds like a smart trade. 

6 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

Things are looking great in China right now with Coronavirus infections.  I think that is why the market rebounded this week.  The US is going to get hit really hard over the next few weeks with Coronavirus deaths but that could be the end of it.  I'm keyed in on whether a second wave of infections happens in China, Iran, or Italy.  That would bring the markets tumbling down again.

I actually agree with you but when you got unlimited fund propping it up, how can it get much lower.  I don't know what we are dealing with but it is nothing close to a free market.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

27 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

I think once any restrictions on self-isolation or quarantine are lifted, a second wave is inevitable. 

• Thinking 1

2 minutes ago, Maik Jeaunz said:

I think once any restrictions on self-isolation or quarantine are lifted, a second wave is inevitable. 

This evening Trump said we are in Day 8 of isolation and expects all of us to get back to work within two weeks (six more days). (paraphrased)

3 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

This evening Trump said we are in Day 8 of isolation and expects all of us to get back to work within two weeks (six more days). (paraphrased)

He is not accurate.  Obviously.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

NC gov just issued 30 day stay at home starting next Monday.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

not to get political, but I wouldn't trust him if he said the sky was blue.

• Like 3

I anticipate, like others have experienced already, that I, as a teacher, will be doing remote teaching for the remainder of the school year.  I don't think we make it back to our classrooms. Standardized testing is toast. 

9 minutes ago, The Lost One said:

I anticipate, like others have experienced already, that I, as a teacher, will be doing remote teaching for the remainder of the school year.  I don't think we make it back to our classrooms. Standardized testing is toast. 

My wife's district went to virtual as of yesterday.

2 hours ago, NajehHejan said:

It's crazy. I felt dumb for bailing at 1.75 when I could have had 1.89 but it's so hard to hit a homer on those. Just glad I made some scraps. I'll be eyeing it up Monday morning as well. If it's a bloodbath like  everyone thinks, we could be seeing an open around 1.30 or so - I'll be looking to perhaps jump in for another quick ride. 

I saw your post, bought at 1.72, and sold for 1.84. I bought it back right before close at 1.62. I'll  be following Monday morning. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Todem said:

OK this restaurant stock just caught my attention.

BLMN

Who thinks Outback, Carabas, Bonefish Grill are going under? 

If you don’t this stock just suspended it’s dividend (who cares....we are buying it for a massive turnaround pop trade) and drew down it’s entire credit facility to sit on 400MM in cash.

They will get through this. I can’t see this huge chain brand just going under. The first thing people are doing.....once this is past us is going back out to eat. Big time.

Thoughts?

Don’t they carry a ton of debt (~2 billion)?

16 minutes ago, pecorino said:

Don’t they carry a ton of debt (~2 billion)?

Yes.......but at these levels? This stock will bounce back strongly into the low to mid teens for an easy double IMO. This is a short term trade for me. 

• Love 1

How do some of you buy and dump multiple stocks in a day? Is there some day trader thing that you have to be approved for? Or do you have an account that you trade with in. 

Sorry if it’s a dumb question. 

Just now, Wooderson said:

How do some of you buy and dump multiple stocks in a day? Is there some day trader thing that you have to be approved for? Or do you have an account that you trade with in. 

I’m a noob. Let me answer your question with pure confidence.  If you have more than 25k in your account you can make unlimited moves.   If not your stuck with 5 per week

29 minutes ago, Shula-holic said:

My wife's district went to virtual as of yesterday.

My district has been virtual for 2 weeks. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Online brokerage account.  I use TD Ameritrade.  Fidelity is another popular choice. 

Edited by beef

1 minute ago, Big League Chew said:

I’m a noob. Let me answer your question with pure confidence.  If you have more than 25k in your account you can make unlimited moves.   If not your stuck with 5 per week

You have to register as a day trader if you make more than five round trip trades in a set period of time. A round trip trade is one where you buy and sell on the same day. That is my understanding of it.

13 minutes ago, Todem said:

Yes.......but at these levels? This stock will bounce back strongly into the low to mid teens for an easy double IMO. This is a short term trade for me. 

If BLMN is short term, what is a good target price?  Everything else I have is long term, as you know.  

1 hour ago, Don Hutson said:

I don't think so. We're just stretching things out imo. Which is best for the hospitals, but people won't stop getting infected for a while. 

41 minutes ago, The Lost One said:

The whole state of Alabama is going virtual / remote for the rest of the year. Which works fine for our district, in an engineer / tech hub, but most parts of the state aren't as capable.

Just now, The Lost One said:

If BLMN is short term, what is a good target price?  Everything else I have is long term, as you know.  

I am looking for 100% plus gains. So I have a $13 price target. Once it get’s there we start doing 10% trailing stop losses till the ride ends. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, pecorino said:

You have to register as a day trader if you make more than five round trip trades in a set period of time. A round trip trade is one where you buy and sell on the same day. That is my understanding of it.

Interesting. Ok that’s even better

1 hour ago, pecorino said:

Selling cash-secured puts? I wouldn’t want to commit to tying up cash in this environment. On margin, sounds like a smart trade. 

IRA so can’t do margin. Just locking up some. I have more for buying days but I’m more cautious on airlines/cruises/hotels etc. 

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Todem said:

I am looking for 100% plus gains. So I have a $13 price target. Once it get’s there we start doing 10% trailing stop losses till the ride ends. 

Learning this stuff is pretty cool. I've seen trailing stop losses in the drop downs when I've purchased stocks but obviously have never had to execute anything like it yet. So, i assume you start that once the stock hits $26?

And obviously a short term buy isn't set for dividends to be reinvested, rather going straight to cash. 

Edited by The Lost One

6 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

So how bloody do you guys expect monday to be?

Going to be a bleep show.

up 2.5%

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 2
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, The Lost One said:

Learning this stuff is pretty cool. I've seen trailing stop losses in the drop downs when I've purchased stocks but obviously have never had to execute anything like it yet. So, i assume you start that once the stock hits $26?

And obviously a short term buy isn't set for dividends to be reinvested, rather going straight to cash. 

No. Bought at 6.50. 

1 hour ago, Random said:

No. Bought at 6.50. 

Sorry, i think it's settling in, you set the trailing stop loss for what you bought it for?

Once companies realize they don't need to be paying high city rents and that this work from home thing is just as productive, gotta imagine commercial real estate starts taking a hit.  I'm sure this is a year or two out before we start really seeing the effects of it but anyone know any good companies that specialize in these type of properties that I can research?  Unfortunately Wework is not an option to bet against but I'd be all in there.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

So now CYDY gonna keep blowing up?

🤞

Another restaurant to watch is CAKE.  Cheesecake Factory.

Their last quarterly was very positive.

52 wk hi is 51.15. now at 16.18.

My daughter runs the BOH (deposits, food ordering, HR, etc) at the Boise store.   Before the virus hit, they had 97 grub hub orders for $7k on a Saturday.  They are still doing a solid take out/pick up biz right now to keep the cooks employed.   

Low for year is $14.52.   If it hits $12, I'm buying.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

Another restaurant to watch is CAKE.  Cheesecake Factory.

Their last quarterly was very positive.

52 wk hi is 51.15. now at 16.18.

My daughter runs the BOH (deposits, food ordering, HR, etc) at the Boise store.   Before the virus hit, they had 97 grub hub orders for $7k on a Saturday.  They are still doing a solid take out/pick up biz right now to keep the cooks employed.   

Low for year is $14.52.   If it hits $12, I'm buying.

Aren’t they not capable of paying their rent right now?

ETA: https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/26/business/cheesecake-factory-april-rent-coronavirus/index.html

Edited by fantasycurse42

4 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

Yes they told their landlords to piss off. Not sure I’d want to be on that one. 

Just now, fantasycurse42 said:

I think they saw an opportunity to not pay it.  At least that's the way I interrupted it.  They had net income of $48.71mil in 2019.  $20k/mo rent is only $4.4mil.  $20k is an estimate by me.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

ETA: https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/26/business/cheesecake-factory-april-rent-coronavirus/index.html

Negotiating tactic with their landlord, IMO.  This is why REITs have been absolutely nosediving.

Other companies have been invoking force majeure clauses to stop paying rents.

6 minutes ago, Capella said:

Yes they told their landlords to piss off. Not sure I’d want to be on that one. 

6 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

I think they saw an opportunity to not pay it.  At least that's the way I interrupted it.  They had net income of $48.71mil in 2019.  $20k/mo rent is only $4.4mil.  $20k is an estimate by me.

They are capable of paying it.

Really good article here on them:
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4334410-retail-reits-quake-cheesecake-factory-goes-on-strike

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sand said:

Negotiating tactic with their landlord, IMO.  This is why REITs have been absolutely nosediving.

Other companies have been invoking force majeure clauses to stop paying rents.

This is the way I took it also.   They are incredibly strong tenants in most leases for 20 years with escalation clauses.