Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

1 minute ago, lod001 said:

Once again, don't trust ANYTHING anyone in China says.

Yeah...I already learned that lesson and get to see it everyday I log into my account...

00846L101AGFEED INDS INC COM

n/an/a

92833U202VISIONCHINA MEDIA

n/an/a

17 minutes ago, humpback said:

Luckin Coffee shareholders may want to stay away from sharp objects this morning.

I just bought in at a little over $4

11 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

What’s going on with this one?

My boss owns it, we have a one on one this afternoon... I’m sure he’ll be in a great mood.

Buy some before the meeting, then brag to him about your entry point.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 5

5 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

92833U202VISIONCHINA MEDIA

n/an/a

Holy blast from the past!  :lmao:

That one is hanging out there in one my my accounts as my only total investment failure to date.  

Posted (edited)

CPE is priced to go out of business and it appears to be fully held by institution.  Risky since WLL just filed for bankruptcy.

CPE had insiders buying, WLL did not. Dead money for a while though

1 minute ago, SayWhat? said:

That one is hanging out there in one my my accounts as my only total investment failure to date.  

You can double up your # of BKs with CPE. :D I'm actually buying some. 

Edited by lod001

On 3/27/2020 at 1:51 PM, commoncents said:

Started up a position on Tuesday for oil tankers. I also followed Kuppy's blog and read the six or seven posts that he had on the subject dating back to early 2019. I'm currently in:

DHT, EURN, TNK, INSW and have smaller positions in NAT, STNG and DSSI. Followed Kuppy's advice to go with a basket of companies as the industry's management has historically been inept, destroyed shareholder value, and has questionable morals. Just writing that all out, it seems like a no go, but it's very difficult to ignore that management has been buying back shares and insiders are purchasing stock.

This was a Bloomberg article from yesterday touching on the lack of storage space for the oil glut. Bloomberg

These large VLCC's break even at around $30 - $35K/day. YTD they are at $80.5K. 3 weeks ago they were at $217K; last week $183K; this week $143K. Rates

Huge opportunity moving forward, especially if Saudi's continue to pump and/or lockdown is longer than expected. Supply will get constrained and then these tanker companies stand to benefit.

Still think there’s room to grow here? 
I work in oil and gas in the Marcellus, and a customer of ours has a growing concern that there isn’t a market or storage for their well pad produced condensate (think low quality oil) and they may need to shut in production.  Have to think this sort of situation only helps the tankers, right?

3 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

Probably not a bad buy. They fabricated sales of $300M but it looks like they are running over $3B in sales so around a 10% lie. Probably worth a dabble for me as well DCA my purchase down to say $6-8 a share and hold.

I own around 100 shares so might be worth @$1k to get 300 more and get my DCA to $9 a share.

This is from last summer but relevant still - Push for US-listed Chinese firms to comply with financial oversight. 

Chinese law requires the business books and records to be kept and maintained in China, and it restricts the auditors’ documentation of work performed in China from being transferred outside the country, they said.

China is being accused of fudging coronavirus numbers this week as well.  I guess buyer beware of buying stocks of Chinese companies.  BABA is one I've looked at in the past but the price was always high for me to want to get in.  Their numbers are really good too but who really knows what's going on?  

I wouldn't want to own thousands of shares of stock in a company if it was possible that one day the Chinese gov't could just swoop in and take over the company, shareholders be damned.  

Just now, Random said:

I remember FEED :bag:

Ugh, there have been a few dogs.  Cobalt anyone? 

Played around with some LK in November/December, was kicking myself for selling too early and missing the pop to $50. That 15% profit I took doesn’t look so bad now. :eek:

12 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Lol. I own some, but it was only $2k so while it sucks, I will just sit on it. Really glad I didn’t by a lot. The premarket CYDY move covers this entirely.

Me, too. 100 shares. Guess the covered calls I sold are safe. I also think LK was my choice in the 2020 FBG stock challenge. Woops. I'll probably buy another couple hundred shares to reduce my cost basis and sit on it.

29 minutes ago, humpback said:

Luckin Coffee shareholders may want to stay away from sharp objects this morning.

Lord......taken to the woodshed this morning. Wow.

I'm willing to pick up 100 shares of LK near the end of today to see what happens.

Just now, pecorino said:

Me, too. 100 shares. Guess the covered calls I sold are safe. I also think LK was my choice in the 2020 FBG stock challenge. Woops. I'll probably buy another couple hundred shares to reduce my cost basis and sit on it.

Yep, that’s exactly what I posted. No point in selling at this amount doesn’t net me enough to even buy a quarter share of AMZN. I can triple my shares for $800 to bring the cost basis way down. A couple years of not lying and continued growth and getting back to $20 isn’t out of the question. 

27 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

Someone in here not too long ago was recommending this one, definitely remember that.  Yikes.

That was me, it was recommended to me but i never bought in. 

4 minutes ago, djmich said:

Lol still sitting there losing money. 

5 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

4 minutes ago, Random said:

I remember FEED :bag:

2 minutes ago, djmich said:

SBLKSTAR BULK CARRIERS CORP COM USD0.01(POST REV SPLIT)

$5.720+$0.08

$5.72 looks nice right?  Post reverse 1:100 split.

PRGNFPARAGON SHIPPING INC CL A ISIN #MHY6728Q2025

$0.007$0.00

Paragon didn't reverse split.  I'm hoping it gets back to a penny.

:bag:

Just now, Capella said:

Right next to the cryptocurrency. 

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, identikit said:

CYDY after hours is @ $3.35 up $ .28

I was wondering if there was more news this morning.    

CCL down to $8, might have to take a nibble pretty soon.

Posted (edited)

Hopped out of 2/5 of my CYDY position @ $3.37, hoping to buy in back closer to $3 before some more good news tomorrow or over the weekend.

Edited by Harris

50 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

Better than a DCA of $12ish.  :kicksrock:

Well, hopefully, we'll both see nice returns over ther next couple years in CCL.

• Like 1

Zoom really f'd themselves with this privacy thing. And me for buying in at a high point. Looks like I'm in this one for the long haul to try and head back up.

4 minutes ago, Harris said:

Zoom really f'd themselves with this privacy thing. And me for buying in at a high point. Looks like I'm in this one for the long haul to try and head back up.

Man, not a great day for me. ZM, LK and SHOP getting dinged. I did buy ZM in the 60s so not going to complain. The only stock in a bunch I looked in October that has held up completely is TDOC and of course I didn’t buy that when it was also in the 60s. SMH sometimes you just miss.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Shula-holic said:

I feel the same way.  When I was in college and right after I graduated I would go with friends sometimes and it was much better quality.  I probably haven't been to one in 8-10 years.

When I was in college I worked at an Applebee's for about 3 years or so. Back in January, I went to one for the first time in years after getting a gift certificate for Christmas. I realized I hadn't missed the place much. 

40 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

Damn. I love a double up half an hour into the open.

• Like 1

I got out of 3/4 of my CYDY and wishing I hadn’t...  we shall see.  I’ll leave the rest rolling. 

• Sad 2

Pretty terrifying interview from Gottlieb today. CYDY didn't get a shout-out but sounds like our hopes rest on a treatment.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/02/former-fda-chief-scott-gottlieb-coronavirus-drug-needed-by-fall.html

“If we don’t have it, this virus is going to come back in the fall and it’s going to continue to shut down parts of our lives,” Gottlieb said on CNBC’s “Squawk Box.” 

“We really need to figure that a vaccine might be two years away,” argued Gottlieb, a CNBC contributor who sits on the boards of Pfizer and biotech company Illumina. 

21 minutes ago, The Lost One said:

Well, hopefully, we'll both see nice returns over ther next couple years in CCL.

Probably close to Hindernberg stock after 1937, when people flocked back into zeppelin travel.

• Like 3
  • Laughing 9

2 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

Probably close to Hindernberg stock after 1937, when people flocked back into zeppelin travel.

SWEET!

3 minutes ago, sporthenry said:

Pretty terrifying interview from Gottlieb today. CYDY didn't get a shout-out but sounds like our hopes rest on a treatment.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/02/former-fda-chief-scott-gottlieb-coronavirus-drug-needed-by-fall.html

“If we don’t have it, this virus is going to come back in the fall and it’s going to continue to shut down parts of our lives,” Gottlieb said on CNBC’s “Squawk Box.” 

“We really need to figure that a vaccine might be two years away,” argued Gottlieb, a CNBC contributor who sits on the boards of Pfizer and biotech company Illumina. 

Took 'em long enough to figure that out. I've said from day one, you will need a treatment or a vaccine or this never ends.

Just now, Don Hutson said:

Fukcin Coffee up to $9.63

Anyone jumping on at this price?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Anyone jumping on at this price?

Better decide quickly if you're going to do it.  It's likely day traders pushing it up and it could plummet when they take their profits.

Edited by Don Hutson

1 minute ago, Don Hutson said:

Better decide quickly if you're going to do it.  It's likely day traders pushing it up and it could plummet when they take their profits.

yep.  pump and dumb in the afternoon looks like.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jayrok said:

yep.  pump and dumb in the afternoon looks like.  

I’ll wait on it. It was over 6 the first chance I got to look. I’m not a pre-market trader. I would have bought in the 4s, but unless you have full time to watch that you never got that in normal trading.

1 hour ago, lod001 said:

It has shown staying power. If momentum and pump and dumpers had a hold of it, it would be back under 2 by now.

Agreed.  I've played and followed enough OTC's throughout the years and witnessed that huge jump, pump & dump many times.  I like what I'm seeing happening with CYDY here.  

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Otis said:

I got out of 3/4 of my CYDY and wishing I hadn’t...  we shall see.  I’ll leave the rest rolling. 

Always room to jump back in a bit lower and buy some nice steaks with the take-out steak (been reading that online steaks thread and now I'm hungry)

57 minutes ago, Capella said:

Sorry guys. Feel awful about that.  I'm the anti-Chet :bag:

• Laughing 2

Back into BRMA at $8

Good chance they start up mass testing soon

48 minutes ago, Harris said:

Sold my ZM this morning, a little scared off by privacy issues.  Got in at a good time so was still up, will take my chances somewhere else.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

LK down to $6.85.  Luckin is suckin.

$6.50

Hard laying off this right now....

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

LK down to $6.85.  Luckin is suckin.

What got people following LK?  Never heard of it.  See it had to pause today for volatility.  

Lucken Coffee shares are trading lower after the company announced that a special committee brought to the attention of the board information that the COO fabricated certain transactions.

Edited by beef

CytoDyn says coronavirus patients treated with leronlimab show initial improvements after three days

https://www.proactiveinvestors.com/companies/news/916491/cytodyn-says-coronavirus-patients-treated-with-leronlimab-show-initial-improvements-after-three-days-916491.html

CytoDyn Inc (OTCQB:CYDY) announced Thursday that eight severe coronavirus (COVID-19) patients being treated with its drug leronlimab have shown a significant improvement after three days in several important biologic markers. 

Initial patient test data has shown improvement in cytokines — proteins released by the immune system that can cause inflammation in high quantities  — and a more normal ratio of helper T cells to killer T cells in the immune system, known as the CD4/CD8 ratio.

Leronlimab has been administered to 10 severely ill coronavirus patients in the New York City area under an emergency Investigational New Drug application granted by the US Food & Drug Administration (FDA).

CytoDyn is also enrolling patients in a Phase 2 trial for coronavirus patients with mild-to-moderate indications and a Phase 2b/3 trial for patients who are critically ill.

Bruce Patterson, the CEO of CytoDyn’s diagnostic partner and advisor IncellDX, is impressed with the results so far.

“We are very pleased with our most recent laboratory data for patients treated with leronlimab for COVID-19 infection,” Patterson said in a statement.

“We continue to see increases in the profoundly decreased CD8 T-lymphocyte percentages by day three, normalization of CD4/CD8 ratios and resolving cytokine production including reduced IL-6 correlating with patient improvement. The current data suggests a trend toward the restoration of immune function and mitigation of the cytokine storm. This is consistent with prior laboratory results in the first four patients treated for COVID-19 with leronlimab.”

Seeing leronlimab’s initial success, CEO Nader Pourhassan and his team are also examining how best to distribute the drug across the country.

“As leronlimab continues to provide hope for many patients, our management team is focused to ensure we can distribute the drug across the country in a timely fashion,” Pourhassan said. “These results, although anecdotal, appear to be very promising.”

In addition to its use as a potential coronavirus treatment, leronlimab has other therapeutic indications as a treatment for HIV and certain breast cancers.

• Like 2