Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

13 minutes ago, Todem said:

Stocks go up

:ptts:

Biggest news of the last two months - US just signed up to secure enough vaccine for the country.  Stocks sunk on the news.  That concerns a bit, considering the Oxford vaccine candidate seems to be the best out there right now.

On a random note I can't wait to hear the wails and gnashing of teeth over who gets the first doses.   There is going to be some serious screaming over that.

@chet  Prior to COVID what was the indication for leronlimab that everyone was excited about?  Just in case the COVID treatment doesn't work out what are the other clinical trials that were showing positive results?  Tried to search but there are too many posts with CYDY mentioned.

Fortunately I'm surrounded by old people

1 hour ago, beef said:

1/3 In at 26.9999

In right at 27 for a bit.  I'm hoping this turns out better for me than the DBX ipo.  I think I still have some of that dog laying around.  

3 minutes ago, Sputnikv8 said:

In right at 27 for a bit.  I'm hoping this turns out better for me than the DBX ipo.  I think I still have some of that dog laying around.  

It at $27 as well for a smallish stake. My first IPO!

21 minutes ago, SouthJersey said:

@chet  Prior to COVID what was the indication for leronlimab that everyone was excited about?  Just in case the COVID treatment doesn't work out what are the other clinical trials that were showing positive results?  Tried to search but there are too many posts with CYDY mentioned.

There are 32 and growing indications.  Combination HIV has filed the last required paperwork and will be approved within 6 months.  The biggest opportunity, however, is cancer.  Their trials have slowed because of COVID-19 but the results have been fantastic and are expected to continue.  I'd suggest going to cytodyn.com and perusing their presentation and press releases.

6 hours ago, Don Hutson said:

If you quit your job, you'll pay a significantly lower percentage.  I believe anyone who makes less than $40,000/year pays a short term capital gains tax of 10%.

what if I quit my job and make $0 per year, but I make over $40k in two months selling NERV puts?

#freemoney #iwinagain #stonkoptionsforthewin

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

24 minutes ago, Bossman said:

what if I quit my job and make $0 per year, but I make over $40k in two months selling NERV puts?

#freemoney #iwinagain #stonkoptionsforthewin

Explain to me like I'm a 6 year old how to make over $40k in two months selling Nerv puts

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Challenge Everything said:

Haven't seen much talk at all about physical silver, bars, coins, etc. Metals were way down but seem to have stabilized to where they've been (silver and gold) although gold is up from the previous years while silver is hovering where its been the last couple of years. Anything to watch or is this money fools' gold?

@Todem or others have thoughts?

I bought two 100oz silver bars for just under $1800 each about one year ago. It's been dead money, but a good long term hold. 

Pretty cool conversation piece as well.

7 minutes ago, lod001 said:

39 million unemployed in 9 weeks.

Nothing to worry about.  Let's see those stocks at right around the same valuation as before the virus when the unemployment rate was under 4%.

2 hours ago, Bossman said:

My first follower. I'm so excited.

NERV $5 puts still paying $0.80 = 16% ... on a stock that's trading mid $14's today. = Free money.

If you're looking for more risk / reward ... the $10 puts are paying $2.80 = 28% 

I'd recommend staying put with yours and selling more NERV puts today before the premiums melt any further.

(disclaimer; I'm am not and will not be held responsible for you making more money)

Hard to say what next week will bring so I don't have anything better than this. 

Thanks. Dues for the newsletter are in the mail. I'm good on NERV. Sold 12 puts and I don't want to any more than 1200 shares deep into it. I'll wait for the next one you find and I'll let you know if I unearth one.

On 5/1/2020 at 5:57 AM, BassNBrew said:

I was just studying TZA and the current price is roughly around where it was at when the market was at a peak.  Is there that much decay in 6 weeks or is something else going on I'm missing?

TZA is viable for quick in and out trades only when downside volatility begins to ramp up. Super dangerous investment vehicle.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Random said:

Went to a truck lot over the weekend and the salesman was talking about MGM, CCL, FUN and a few others we discuss here.  

Did you ask if he followed the FBG stonks thread?

• Like 2
  • Laughing 2

So, with the information we have that many are gambling in Stonks (like me, to be honest) with fun money, how can we take advantage? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Random said:

Went to a truck lot over the weekend and the salesman was talking about MGM, CCL, FUN and a few others we discuss here.  

Was waiting for the CYDY recommendation.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

On 4/30/2020 at 10:00 PM, The Lost One said:

Looking for feedback on these higher yield dividend stocks.  Anyone buy into them or have an opinion on them?

Brookfield Infrastructure Partners (BIP)

Lazard Ltd. (LAZ)

AbbVie Inc (ABBV)

Eaton Corp PLC (ETN)

Raytheon (RTN)

Texas Instruments (TXN)

Solid list, Lost One. 

I'm currently building a semi-retirement portfolio list of 5% yielding stocks. Holding ABBV and DOW right now. 

ABBV, PSX, BG, MMM, AVGO, DOW, RTX, IBM, VZ, SO, DUK, JPM

Edited by Ron_Mexico

21 hours ago, McBokonon said:

I've had SE (Sea Limited) on a watchlist for a while and decided to start a position today because I can't watch it move up anymore. Digital platform based in Singapore, they kind of do everything. E-Commerce, gaming, and digital payments. Outside of CYDY this is going to be my other speculative home run swing as I try and be the @Capella of SE Asian non-China Amazon. I'll put a stop in but giving myself some leeway to average in. Anyone else watching this company? Not a lot of coverage.

https://www.seagroup.com/home

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/stockdetails/nys-se/fi-a22qp2

Anyone take a look at this? Up another 6+% today on heavy volume. Added a little more.

5 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

Anyone take a look at this? Up another 6+% today on heavy volume. Added a little more.

I'll look to buy this on a dip. Up 50% in a month?!

4 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

Same boat, discovered it in the high 30's, didn't pull the trigger. Expecting a pullback, but it's running strong these days. I like their business model.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, lod001 said:

This is the stuff that pisses me off. Trying to buy votes and not stimulating anything. Instead of solely working on unemployment and failing businesses, we give out hundreds of billions that go right into bank accounts and stimulate nothing and of course we exclude a few percent of the population. I’d love to get my free money and throw it at some stocks too. SMH.

1 minute ago, skycriesmary said:

I'll look to buy this on a dip. Up 50% in a month?!

I kept waiting for a dip and it never happened so I just decided to scale in. $0.00 commissions are great. If it dips, great, but if it doesn’t I’ll ride up.

6 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

You guys saw this in here, right?  https://www.complex.com/life/2020/05/cannabis-could-prevent-covid-canadian-study

Weed stocks seem to be waking up after getting pulverized the last yearish.

Lol. We go from human clinical trials to tests in labs being the cure to this:

The existing research was performed on artificial 3D models that mimic parts of the body that are impacted by COVID-19, like airways and intestinal tissues. At this point, there’s no way of knowing for sure whether these strains of cannabis that worked on the 3D models in a lab would act the same way on real people.

• Laughing 1

9 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Lol. We go from human clinical trials to tests in labs being the cure to this:

The existing research was performed on artificial 3D models that mimic parts of the body that are impacted by COVID-19, like airways and intestinal tissues. At this point, there’s no way of knowing for sure whether these strains of cannabis that worked on the 3D models in a lab would act the same way on real people.

:lmao:

POT STONKS GO UP PLEASE!

12 minutes ago, Bluto Blutarsky said:

I’ve been working on that theory for months, GM

<<<——

lol....I'm gonna be JUST fine!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, NajehHejan said:

Explain to me like I'm a 6 year old how to make over $40k in two months selling Nerv puts

Interested now? I would be too if I were reading my posts.

$40k will depend on Put prices next month, hopefully I can repeat ... but here you go

This month:

NERV 6/19 Puts sold;

80 $5's @ $1.25 = $10,000 premium

20 $7.50's @ $2.50 = $5,000 premium

20 $10's @ $4.20 = $8400 premium

Total $23,400 premium this month.

Of course this is all assuming the stock price holds and these all expire.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

lol....I'm gonna be JUST fine!

Sativa please, otherwise I'm going to be Indica couch!

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

You guys saw this in here, right?  https://www.complex.com/life/2020/05/cannabis-could-prevent-covid-canadian-study

Weed stocks seem to be waking up after getting pulverized the last yearish.

Thanks for that. Jumped in TLRY quickly for a win. Just went from a losing day with NVDA to a win for the day. 

Edited by lod001

Who is still holding BLMN? 

This is looking the highest close this stock has had in over 2 months. I know intra day it touched 13.50 and change a few weeks back. 

I am starting to rethink the 13 target.......mmmmmmm. 27% inside a week is nice. But this can be breaking out to new highs here in the next few days. 

Mmmmmmm 

2 minutes ago, Todem said:

This is looking the highest close this stock has had in over 2 months. I know intra day it touched 13.50 and change a few weeks back. 

I am starting to rethink the 13 target.......mmmmmmm. 27% inside a week is nice. But this can be breaking out to new highs here in the next few days. 

Mmmmmmm 

I have 400 shares at 9.19 thanks to you. I sell when you sell 😊!  Thanks again, this is my first rodeo. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Thanks for that. Jumped in TLRY quickly for a win. Just went from a losing day with NVDA to a win for the day. 

:hifive:

I have so many downtrodden pot names in my portfolio that I'm going to need this to cure not only Covid, but cancer, blindness and erectile dysfunction before I'm the black on these names. :lmao:

• Like 2
  • Laughing 7

Grabbed some JPM for a long term hold. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Todem said:

Mmmmmmm 

200 @ 9.30

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Anytime it’s a red day for the market as a whole and your number 1 holding is in the red - but you in the green because 2 & 3 were up that’s a win

Edited by The Ref
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Jobber said:

Grabbed some JPM for a long term hold. 

Started this last week, added a little today.

IRA's now have JPM, CRM, SE, CYDY, AAPL, MSFT, V, SLQT, ABT, NFLX and way too much cash but I'm picking spots. Watch list is MA, PYPL, COST, CVS, one of ATVI/TTWO/EA* and some others.

401K is all mutual funds that I pretty much leave alone.

*Is there a video game ETF? Yeah my Google works but just asking here first.

Edited by McBokonon
forgot NFLX
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Todem said:

I'm in for this round but was late to the party so I'm "only" up ~12%

Thanks for your contributions to this thread!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

:hifive:

I have so many downtrodden pot names in my portfolio that I'm going to need this to cure not only Covid, but cancer, blindness and erectile dysfunction before I'm the black on these names. :lmao:

Flipped it again. the stock market is better than the craps bubble machine at the Luxor.

Edited by lod001

Posted (edited)

Stupid f'n work...  Missed out on DKNG dipping to 27.53.  I've been waiting for a dip to add a little more.  

And the pot stocks!  CGC made me a lot of money in 2018.  Lost a lot of profits letting some ride too.

Edited by beef

16 minutes ago, Bossman said:

Interested now? I would be too if I were reading my posts.

$40k will depend on Put prices next month, hopefully I can repeat ... but here you go

This month:

NERV 6/19 Puts sold;

80 $5's @ $1.25 = $10,000 premium

20 $7.50's @ $2.50 = $5,000 premium

20 $10's @ $4.20 = $8400 premium

Total $23,400 premium this month.

Of course this is all assuming the stock price holds and these all expire.

If my math is correct, my break even stock price is $4.30. Seems to low. Maybe someone smarter than me can confirm or straighten me out.

NERV is trading today mid $14's ...so seems that it would take a catastrophic event in the next 4 weeks for me to lose.

$75K in margin to make $23K in premium (30%) would typically be much more risky than $4.30 break even on a $14 stock that continues to gain each day

... at least in my limited experience.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, lod001 said:

I never got in on TLRY and will never understand it's rise into the 200's.  Watching that was was insane.  It was like someone gave the keys to the Fort Knox to a bunch of stoners and they traded all the gold for bud.  

Edited by beef
  • Laughing 3

Just now, Bossman said:

If my math is correct, my break even stock price is $4.30. Seems to low. Maybe someone smarter than me can confirm or straighten me out.

NERV is trading today mid $14's ...so seems that it would take a catastrophic event in the next 4 weeks for me to lose.

$75K in margin to make $23K in premium (30%) would typically be much more risky than $4.30 break even on a $14 stock that continues to gain each day

... at least in my limited experience.

Does it have Phase III data coming out for roluperidone in that window? It seemed like it but I just did a cursory look. If the results suck, that'll do it.

13 minutes ago, beef said:

Stupid f'n work...  Missed out on DKNG dipping to 27.53.  I've been waiting for a dip to add a little more.  

And the pot stocks!  CGC made me a lot of money in 2018.  Lost a lot of profits letting some ride too.

DKNG is trading at 28.35 AH if that works for you.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Todem said:

Mmmmmmm 

I'm holding some right now, didn't get in as low as you. What's the sell target? Right now I have an open order in to sell half at $12.50, then that alert will have me watch it to see when I want to sell the rest. Think I should change that strategy?

1 minute ago, McBokonon said:

Does it have Phase III data coming out for roluperidone in that window? It seemed like it but I just did a cursory look. If the results suck, that'll do it.

Yes, the report is due sometime in June. I'm hoping LATE June ... or extending the report date due to covid.

If they do report, could be good news or even moderate news ... but I'm fine with no news as the stock seems to keep crawling upward in anticipation.

They have 3 drugs in the works ... so hopefully they hit on at least one of them.

quote;

Feb 5, 2020
Minerva Neurosciences, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of a portfolio of product candidates to treat CNS diseases.  

Minerva’s proprietary compounds include: 
roluperidone (MIN-101), in clinical development for schizophrenia; 
seltorexant (MIN-202 or JNJ-42847922), in clinical development for insomnia and MDD; 
MIN-301, in pre-clinical development for Parkinson’s disease.  

Minerva’s common stock is listed on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol “NERV.”

http://www.minervaneurosciences.com/

1 hour ago, Jobber said:

So, with the information we have that many are gambling in Stonks (like me, to be honest) with fun money, how can we take advantage? 

My, "Magic Football Winnings," account:

ALSK / APPS / DAC / DSKE / EDN / LK  / NRT / WTI

@Captain Fantastic, I believe, recommended DSKE, bought 100 at $1.27 each. Now at $2.54, will hold for a little while longer. Positive news has been coming from them the last few weeks. 52W High is $5.17 

Can't remember if @BassNBrew or Oz threw it out, but, WTI is performing well.

ALSK pays a good dividend. EDN is a three month thing. APPS is a three month thing. NRT has an ex-divided coming soon. Same with DAC. LK is a loser right now. 

:banned:

Finally got off my ### and rolled over my old 401k into an IRA today. S&P 500 ~2950 is a decent level to sell at for a couple of days as it transfers. Of course, now it frees me up to do even riskier stuff :lol: 

• Like 2
  • Love 1