Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, JoeSteeler said:

What is the best site to get the most current stock prices? I have been on Marketwatch.com but not sure what else is out there. Thanks.

I open up the yahoo page for every stock I am looking at.  The stock price updates in real time in the tab even when I'm not looking at the page.  It doesn't update in real time during extended hours or with an OTC like CYDY.

Edited by Don Hutson
  • Thanks 1

I have $10,000 cash burning a hole in my pocket. What should I buy that will earn me at least 10% by the end of June? TIA.

• Laughing 1

13 minutes ago, JoeSteeler said:

What is the best site to get the most current stock prices? I have been on Marketwatch.com but not sure what else is out there. Thanks.

I just use the brokerage website, for me that’s TD and Schwab. I also use TD’s Think or Swim app

• Thanks 1

On 5/20/2020 at 2:21 PM, skycriesmary said:

Yep, that's what caught my attention. What kind of scalp % are you looking for? 

INSG at 10% win right now but I'm holding it.

Just now, lod001 said:

INSG at 10% win right now but I'm holding it.

I had a limit sell at 10.27. So yeah, I missed most of the upside as I was looking for 5%, since I bought yesterday. A sliding stop would have been better in this scenario. 

Anyone looking into grabbing cannabis stocks?  Was looking at Planet 13 (PLNH.F).  Only $1.23 per share could see great growth!

Posted (edited)

So over the past 6 months I finally started in the investment game with the purchase of my first few stocks (CYDY for the win!  a 10 bagger for my first purchase!  Thanks @chet) the intent was to try to learn a bit and start putting some money to work for me.  I’ve recently been advised by an acquaintance who is done fairly well over the last few years investing. He told me that I need to get into option trading. I’ve done some reading recently on it watched a few YouTube videos as well but would love to tap in to the collective wisdom here. What advice would some of you experienced investment traders say to a newbie like me wanting to start option trading? Any books or videos you suggest watching as well? TIA!

Edited by dkp993
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Lost One said:

Anyone looking into grabbing cannabis stocks?  Was looking at Planet 13 (PLNH.F).  Only $1.23 per share could see great growth!

Just did a 4th round of TLRY.

15 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

So over the past 6 months I finally started in the investment game with the purchase of my first few stocks (CYDY for the win!  a 10 bagger for my first purchase!  Thanks @chet) the intent was to try to learn a bit and start putting some money to work for me.  I’ve recently been advised by an acquaintance who is done fairly well over the last few years investing. He told me that I need to get into option trading. I’ve done some reading recently on it watched a few YouTube videos as well but would love to tap in to the collective wisdom here. What advice would some of you experienced investment traders say to a newbie like me wanting to start option trading? Any books or videos you suggest watching as well? TIA!

I asked the same question last week. @FreeBaGeL pointed me to Option Alpha on YT. While the guys an obvious dork, he explains it pretty well if you like to be slowly spoon fed. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lod001 said:

Just did a 4th round of TLRY.

4th round today?!

4 minutes ago, skycriesmary said:

I asked the same question last week. @FreeBaGeL pointed me to Option Alpha on YT. While the guys an obvious dork, he explains it pretty well if you like to be slowly spoon fed. 

Great thanks.  Have you put any of that knowledge to work yet or still working to figure it out?

BMLN coming back to me.

4 minutes ago, skycriesmary said:

4th round today?!

No. 2 yesterday, 2 today. I want to keep it so badly though. Its traded 30 million today and the float is 80 million.

Prostitute approached Bossman last night ...

He explained to her "I like my woman the way I like my money .... free"

#sellingnervputsforthewin  #fatstacksyo #freemoney

• Laughing 2

15 minutes ago, lod001 said:

BMLN coming back to me.

No. 2 yesterday, 2 today. I want to keep it so badly though. Its traded 30 million today and the float is 80 million.

Nice! I bought back BLMN in at $10.84. You were warned.

17 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Great thanks.  Have you put any of that knowledge to work yet or still working to figure it out?

Still figuring it out. I lack the confidence and conviction to trade just yet. Probably should be doing some paper trading in the meantime.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, skycriesmary said:

Still figuring it out. I lack the confidence and conviction to trade just yet. Probably should be doing some paper trading in the meantime.

That makes sense and makes me feel better at the same time. Spent the last two days digging in pretty deep and I’m still pretty overwhelmed by the numbers, terminology and how it’s all fits.  Puts I still don’t fully understand, I understand the mechanism I just don’t understand the concept (for lack of a better description).  For calls I completely understand why it makes sense to have something at a lesser value that increases, I see the value there.  For puts I don’t understand how it makes sense to have something at a higher value than it’s worth, who would buy it then? Why is it good to have a put at 200 a share for example and have that value be dropping to say 140. Why is that a good thing and who the hell wants to buy it at 200?

2 minutes ago, Polish Hammer said:

@Todem What's this Dutch Auction nonsense with PEO?

I buy and sell it with no issues. 

What is the problem you are having. 

39 minutes ago, lod001 said:

BMLN coming back to me.

Hence why I think it will take off to newer highs since the low of 3/23. A ton of runway to sprint.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Todem said:

I buy and sell it with no issues. 

What is the problem you are having. 

Got an email from Schwab with a link that took me to a page that said this:

We're writing to let you know about a Dutch tender offer that you may participate in.

Offer Details: 

·The Bulldog-Ancora Group (the Group) is offering to purchase for cash up to an aggregate purchase amount of $70 million of the outstanding common shares of Adams Natural Resources Fund, Inc. (the Fund) through a Dutch Auction process.

·In the offer, shareholders can offer (or bid) a specific percentage of not less than 83% of the net asset value (NAV) and no more than 88% NAV, based on the NAV per share at the close of regular trading on the New York Stock Exchange on the expiration date of the offer. 

·Holders wishing to maximize the chance that the Group will purchase their shares, can elect to tender at the price determined pursuant to the tender offer (no bid).  However, that election could mean those holders will be deemed to receive the minimum percentage of 83% NAV per share.

·The Group will then determine, from the various bids submitted, the purchase price based on the lowest single percentage specified (not less than 83% NAV) that will allow them to purchase shares having an aggregate purchase amount not to exceed $70 million.  

What this means for your account and shares:

Holders may elect to:

·Tender with Bid:  Tender all or a portion of your shares at a percentage specified by you (in increments of one percentage point), subject to proration.

·Tender with No Bid:  Tender all or a portion of your shares at the percentage determined by the Group, subject to proration. 

·Decline/Take No Action:  If you do not wish to participate, no further action is required and your shares will remain in your account.

¨Please note: If you submit instructions to decline the Offer, you will not receive further reminder notifications for this specific offer.  If no response is received, you will receive reminder notifications up until the Schwab cut-off date.

I'm guessing go with the "decline" option?

Just now, Polish Hammer said:

Got an email from Schwab with a link that took me to a page that said this:

I'm guessing go with the "decline" option?

No.

That group is trying to buy shares from people who want out at a better price at the current NAV.

Hold.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, skycriesmary said:

Nice! I bought back BLMN in at $10.84. You were warned.

Back in it myself. 

6 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

That makes sense and makes me feel better at the same time. Spent the last two days digging in pretty deep and I’m still pretty overwhelmed by the numbers, terminology and how it’s all fits.  Puts I still don’t fully understand, I understand the mechanism I just don’t understand the concept (for lack of a better description).  For calls I completely understand why it makes sense to have something at a lesser value that increases, I see the value there.  For puts I don’t understand how it makes sense to have something at a higher value than it’s worth, who would buy it then? Why is it good to have a put at 200 a share for example and have that value be dropping to say 140. Why is that a good thing and who the hell wants to buy it at 200?

Understanding Options - Michael Sincere is a book I recommend to understand how options work and how to trade them.  It's a quick read and easy to understand. 

For a comprehensive book on all things options, there is Options as a Strategic Investment by Lawrence McMillan.  This book is huge and not so easy to understand.  Some call it the Bible of options.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, matuski said:

ALL over this, very familiar with company.

Competed against for years.

When can I buy it?

Did you get in on NARI?  Opened at $41.30 went as low as $39.55 and is now at $47.  

2 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Did you get in on NARI?  Opened at $41.30 went as low as $39.55 and is now at $47.  

Just got home.

crap.

1 minute ago, matuski said:

Just got home.

crap.

Didn't put in a limit order?

1 minute ago, McBokonon said:

Didn't put in a limit order?

I didn't figure it out before I left, nope.

Just now, Don't Noonan said:

Oh, I thought you put in a limit order at $40

Ran out of time.. I was making a customer wait and just didnt do it lol.

3 minutes ago, matuski said:

Just got home.

crap.

You’d buy it at 40 but not 47?

Just now, pecorino said:

Didn't say that.. hold on lemme finish up my follow up and ill look at it lol.

NARI coming back down a bit now.  Appreciate the heads up @matuski, I wouldn't have looked into it otherwise.  

Just now, matuski said:

Didn't say that.. hold on lemme finish up my follow up and ill look at it lol.

Just asking. You have me curious.  I know nothing about it.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, pecorino said:

Just asking. You have me curious.  I know nothing about it.

New (ish - like last 5 years or so) medical device company.  Making incredible inroads and on every shelf I see. Interventional (minimally invasive) clot removal from veins.  

The CEO has a magic touch.  If I recall he has sold his last few companies to Medtronic and EV3 and Angiodynamics.

Also - my brilliant vision allowed me to turn down a job offer with them several years ago.  Such a stupid call.

Edited by matuski
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, pecorino said:

OK, my answer here is definitely buying... but my greed is telling me to wait and see if it falls another bit?

I dunno - the stock timing/pricing isn't my expertise.  Just fully confident in the company.

1 minute ago, matuski said:

OK, my answer here is definitely buying... but my greed is telling me to wait and see if it falls another bit?

I dunno - the stock timing/pricing isn't my expertise.  Just fully confident in the company.

Below 45. Thanks for the info. 

6 minutes ago, matuski said:

New (ish - like last 5 years or so) medical device company.  Making incredible inroads and on every shelf I see. Interventional (minimally invasive) clot removal from veins.  

The CEO has a magic touch.  If I recall he has sold his last few companies to Medtronic and EV3 and Angiodynamics.

Also - my brilliant vision allowed me to turn down a job offer with them several years ago.  Such a stupid call.

This is the description from the IPO.

Inari Medical operates as a medical device company.  The company offers catheter-based technologies for the treatment of venous thromboembolism.  Inari Medical develops solutions that enables the safe removal of large clot volumes from big vessels without the use of thrombotic drugs.

Posted (edited)

In for 200 NARI @ $44.75

My 3rd largest holding now (BA, MAR, NARI, DFS)

The only thing I have bought without @Todem's guidance.  Wish me luck :lol:

Edited by matuski
  • Laughing 3

Can you guess when the dude on CNBC said TSE not only has an 8% yield but could double or triple when the economy comes back?

• Laughing 1

CYDY seems to start high almost every morning and then go lower.  I think next week I'm going to sell my shares right after opening every day and buy back later in the day.  It could net me 1%-2% each day.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SFBayDuck said:

Can you guess when the dude on CNBC said TSE not only has an 8% yield but could double or triple when the economy comes back?

Yeah, the 8% spike a 45 minutes ago. Robinhooders activate.

2 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Yeah, the 8% spike a 45 minutes ago. Robinhooders activate.

The top 10 list on Robinhood is a who’s who’s of #### dog with fleas stocks save for MSFT, APPL, DIS and CCL. The rest are garbage. No wonder the average retail investor makes less than a 2% average annual return. 

Lousy stock selection and emotional panic selling.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lod001 said:

BMLN coming back to me.

In at 10.85. Wish I was in the $8-9 range like the rest of you. 

4 minutes ago, Todem said:

The top 10 list on Robinhood is a who’s who’s of #### dog with fleas stocks save for MSFT, APPL, DIS and CCL. The rest are garbage. No wonder the average retail investor makes less than a 2% average annual return. 

Lousy stock selection and emotional panic selling.

I figure they were all over TLRY yesterday & today.

Back in BLMN at 10.84.

I sold all that I bought last week around this price.  May as well try again on a 4-5% dip.   

3 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

Back in BLMN at 10.84.

I sold all that I bought last week around this price.  May as well try again on a 4-5% dip.   

We will get the next leg pop to 12....if we get to the 12 range I will sell for a healthy 33% gain.

Sold RRR at 10 on Monday. It's powered to 13.11 and left me in the dust.  

5 hours ago, Steeler said:

I just put in a stop limit order on BLMN to lock in 7.5% for a trade I held a week (if it triggers today).  

I'm out!  Good luck to you guys still holding.  I'll be in again on the next dip.

6 hours ago, Capella said:

Can’t believe the market is doing this China trade thing again. Sheesh. 

I have a bit of YUMC (spun out of YUM a while back) and... oof.

1 minute ago, Sand said:

I have a bit of YUMC (spun out of YUM a while back) and... oof.

My buddy recommended this to me a while ago. He said the Chinese love fried chicken and junk fast food, when he was over there on business travel he couldn't believe how many restaurants had popped up, and they were all packed. You think this 43-44 price is a good entry point?