What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (9 Viewers)

I actually think logic would dictate a rally tomorrow assuming things don't escalate tonight and it opens red. Protests aren't great but what are really the economic consequences from them? But I still think this is a fragile market. So may not take much to tip it over. I know people cite the money on the sidelines (money market funds) and HF positioning which is relatively light as meaning there could still be a catchup trade. But I think HFs may still want to push it down. Retail may freak out which could cause some selling. Imagine that RobinHood accounts will think this is the end of the world. That said, I don't think retail is as big a contributor to this rally as I thought it was. 

But like I said on Friday, it's also lazy to attribute things to one event. Heck, the 2nd derivative of all this unrest is that it likely increases the likelihood of Trump losing which is probably a -ve fr the markets. At the very least it will create uncertainty and also talk that Biden may end up taking someone more progressive now. So everything doesn't happen in a vacuum. 

Between covid, the riots/protests, the general issues with cities these days (higher cost of living, traffic issues,  the politics)--I think the motivation of people to leave highly dense areas and move into rural areas and just accelerated even more.  I know I'm very late to the game in regards to RV stocks--but I'm thinking that there still might be lots of room for stocks like Winnebago and Thor to go up.   Any thoughts--and does anybody have a preference out of those two names?

Between covid, the riots/protests, the general issues with cities these days (higher cost of living, traffic issues,  the politics)--I think the motivation of people to leave highly dense areas and move into rural areas and just accelerated even more.  I know I'm very late to the game in regards to RV stocks--but I'm thinking that there still might be lots of room for stocks like Winnebago and Thor to go up.   Any thoughts--and does anybody have a preference out of those two names?
If you are going to take advantage of the moving from cities outward then I think you’ll get much better returns with the cloud/tech stocks than RV sales. I think the work from home movement would fuel additional gains way more than RVs.

Winnebago stock bottomed out at $16.94 in March.  It is now $54.40.  It's 52 week high was $63.45 attained in February.  Low gas prices and RV travelling being a socially-distanced form of travel could mean record breaking sales over the next 12-18 months.  I wish I would have thought of this stock in March.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are going to take advantage of the moving from cities outward then I think you’ll get much better returns with the cloud/tech stocks than RV sales. I think the work from home movement would fuel additional gains way more than RVs.
Totally agree.  Already have been investing in tech/cloud stocks and if I get any more--I'll probably a bit too tech heavy for my liking. Just looking to diversify a bit. 

Winnebago stock bottomed out at $16.94 in March.  It is now $54.40.  It's 52 week high was $63.45 attained in February.  Low gas prices and RV travelling being a socially-distanced form of travel could mean record breaking sales over the next 12-18 months.  I wish I would have thought of this stock in March.
Yeah--and lets not forget low interest rates.  These are very expensive vehicles--so low fuel prices, low interest rates, socially distanced form of travel--and frankly--I could see people buying them as temporary forms of housing.  I know 3 different people that have all purchased plots of land in rural areas--and they plan on building homes on them.  Granted--they already own their own RV's--so they won't be buying new ones--but the plan is that they will reside in their RV's while they build their homes.   I agree that it might be a little late to go to the party--but part of me really feels like that sector has more to give in the medium term. 

THOR stock has also skyrocketed from their March low of $32.30 to their current price of $86.20.  THOR might be a better investment than Winnebago because they make Airstreams which are hipper among Generation X who love all things vintage and are now entering the age when they would consider buying an expensive (brand new) RV or trailer.

Futures up :doh:
I don't think the civil unrest would necessarily have a huge impact on big market stocks tomorrow.  Unfortunately a lot of the business casualties of the unrest will undboubtedly be in the small business sector.   Certainly--you'll have some large retail stocks that could have some negative effects-Target and things like that--but a lot of them have web based platforms that they can still keep going.   Don't get me wrong--I do think that general disharmony in the public probalby can and will bleed into our stock market---but I think any major move tomorrow would probably be more symbolic than truly fundamental.  However-it is still relatively early in the evening and there is more time for things to get really bad.  

Totally agree.  Already have been investing in tech/cloud stocks and if I get any more--I'll probably a bit too tech heavy for my liking. Just looking to diversify a bit. 
I probably am as well but it’s been good to me. I wouldn’t be thinking about buying anything if I wasn’t a dope and just bought all the other stocks I was watching at great prices in March. 

Monday a bloodbath?

Gundlach said 2 weeks ago the social unrest from having so many unemployed was being underestimated and quite dangerous. I didn’t really see it until this weekend, but he might be spot on. By far my favorite talking head, noted him in here a bunch of times.
Dude...when faced with following Gundlach or BassNBrew from the inner webs...welll let's just say you should have learned your lesson by now.

I don’t see the correlation between protests/rioting and the stock market at all. 
^ Smart man.  Pro tip FC; listen to the creator of funny NBA Thread Titles from Footballguys when looking for financial advice.

I doubt it.  Expect a positive day.

https://www.cytodyn.com/newsroom/press-releases/detail/436/cytodyn-to-present-at-wall-street-reporters-livestream

CytoDyn to Present at Wall Street Reporter’s Livestream Event on June 2, 2020 at 12:30 pm ET / 9:30 am PT
Jack Marcks sucks.  I much prefer when Christine Corrado does the interview.  Christine is dreamy.

So Bruce Patterson again won't be at tomorrow's presentation.  But a "representative of Amarex Clinical Research, the Company’s CRO," will be there.  Wonder what that means?

Anybody else having problems with fidelity?

Edit...I guess so.  I cant see or do anything.  It was fine 20 minutes ago

Fidelity's website hasn't been working well for me all morning.
I've never had an issue with Schwab.  And my brokerage account is linked to a checking account that has zero fees, zero atm fees anywhere in the world, and zero foreign transaction fees for purchases made outside the country.  So if you travel outside the US, it is amazing.

I don't get the love for PFE - it's been kind of a mediocre performer for awhile. If I was closer to retirement, maybe I'd get it for the dividend income, but otherwise - meh.

I wonder if this is another sell at the open and buy when it drops back down day.
I would have done it if the stock had popped more.  But the poor remdesivir trial results should help CYDY's stock price a bit.

EDIT: I just looked at remdesivir's results.  They're not great but they're not bad.  Not sure why Gilead's stock would fall from it.

Users who are viewing this thread