Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

4 minutes ago, jvdesigns2002 said:

Totally agree.  Already have been investing in tech/cloud stocks and if I get any more--I'll probably a bit too tech heavy for my liking. Just looking to diversify a bit. 

I probably am as well but it’s been good to me. I wouldn’t be thinking about buying anything if I wasn’t a dope and just bought all the other stocks I was watching at great prices in March. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, The Lost One said:

I just looked, looked like they are up. No?

Of course.   Stonks Go up.

my by tomorrow AM is going to be AOBC.

guns going to do real well

On 5/30/2020 at 9:49 PM, fantasycurse42 said:

Monday a bloodbath?

Gundlach said 2 weeks ago the social unrest from having so many unemployed was being underestimated and quite dangerous. I didn’t really see it until this weekend, but he might be spot on. By far my favorite talking head, noted him in here a bunch of times.

Dude...when faced with following Gundlach or BassNBrew from the inner webs...welll let's just say you should have learned your lesson by now.

On 5/30/2020 at 10:09 PM, Capella said:

I don’t see the correlation between protests/rioting and the stock market at all. 

^ Smart man.  Pro tip FC; listen to the creator of funny NBA Thread Titles from Footballguys when looking for financial advice.

On 5/31/2020 at 12:13 AM, BassNBrew said:

I doubt it.  Expect a positive day.

• Love 1
  • Laughing 3

Wall Street doesn't care about the riots ... or the covid ...

Buy the stonks and sell the puts.

CYDY up 9.16% in Germany

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

https://www.cytodyn.com/newsroom/press-releases/detail/435/cytodyn-files-request-with-fda-for-priority-review-of-bla

CytoDyn Files Request With FDA for Priority Review of BLA for First Approval

https://www.cytodyn.com/newsroom/press-releases/detail/436/cytodyn-to-present-at-wall-street-reporters-livestream

CytoDyn to Present at Wall Street Reporter’s Livestream Event on June 2, 2020 at 12:30 pm ET / 9:30 am PT

Jack Marcks sucks.  I much prefer when Christine Corrado does the interview.  Christine is dreamy.

Edited by Don Hutson

28 minutes ago, identikit said:

CYDY up 9.16% in Germany

Up 13.74% right now

FWIW

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, identikit said:

Up 13.74% right now

FWIW

I wonder if this is another sell at the open and buy when it drops back down day.

18 minutes ago, identikit said:

Up 13.74% right now

FWIW

The US closing price was a bit higher so while up 10% there it’s about 6-7% here. I’ll take it. Still not feeling as good about it as I was. Not sure if I want to take some off the table yet.

1 minute ago, Don Hutson said:

That’s good but it would be nice if we got a push somehow. C’mon good guys, jump on the opportunity.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, identikit said:

Up 13.74% right now

FWIW

It's up 10.69% now but wth volume of 6,500 so it doesn't mean much

Edited by Don Hutson
  • Thanks 1

So Bruce Patterson again won't be at tomorrow's presentation.  But a "representative of Amarex Clinical Research, the Company’s CRO," will be there.  Wonder what that means?

4 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

So Bruce Patterson again won't be at tomorrow's presentation.  But a "representative of Amarex Clinical Research, the Company’s CRO," will be there.  Wonder what that means?

These presentations do nothing for the stock. 

• Like 1

Just now, stbugs said:

These presentations do nothing for the stock. 

That's not true.  Sometimes the price goes down.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 5

4 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

That's not true.  Sometimes the price goes down.

lol

Fidelity's website hasn't been working well for me all morning.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Anybody else having problems with fidelity?

Edit...I guess so.  I cant see or do anything.  It was fine 20 minutes ago

Edited by ghostguy123

1 minute ago, ghostguy123 said:

Anybody else having problems with fidelity?

Edit...I guess so.  I cant see or do anything.  It was fine 20 minutes ago

Until about 5 minutes ago I couldn't load my account positions.  Now it's loading slowly.  Haven't tried to trade yet.

2 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Fidelity's website hasn't been working well for me all morning.

I've never had an issue with Schwab.  And my brokerage account is linked to a checking account that has zero fees, zero atm fees anywhere in the world, and zero foreign transaction fees for purchases made outside the country.  So if you travel outside the US, it is amazing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Until about 5 minutes ago I couldn't load my account positions.  Now it's loading slowly.  Haven't tried to trade yet.

Yeah.  A little bummed.  I was going to pick up some more BLMN when it was at like 11.15.  Darn you fidelity.  

I hate DKNG stock :lol: 

Still waiting for that pullback but I might just grab some today.

1 minute ago, Steeler said:

I hate DKNG stock :lol: 

Still waiting for that pullback but I might just grab some today.

The Robinhooders might prevent a pullback.  It seems like a stock that they would love.

12 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

The Robinhooders might prevent a pullback.  It seems like a stock that they would love.

#### man I might prevent it. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Posted (edited)

Bought some PFE this morning.  On Todems list and down about 7%.

Edited by Random
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Don Hutson said:

🤣 market doesn’t budge. Guess were on to the next thing. All in on a vaccine. 

• Like 1

Sold the SAVE I acquired 12 days ago for 45% profit.  Put the money into PFE.

4 minutes ago, Steeler said:

Why did PFE gap down ~7% ?

Trial fail.  I assume this is not uncommon for a large drug company like Pfizer.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

Robinhooder here. I can confirm my love for this stock.

• Like 2

I don't get the love for PFE - it's been kind of a mediocre performer for awhile. If I was closer to retirement, maybe I'd get it for the dividend income, but otherwise - meh.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

I wonder if this is another sell at the open and buy when it drops back down day.

I would have done it if the stock had popped more.  But the poor remdesivir trial results should help CYDY's stock price a bit.

EDIT: I just looked at remdesivir's results.  They're not great but they're not bad.  Not sure why Gilead's stock would fall from it.

Edited by Don Hutson

Looks like GAN had an analyst upgrade yesterday...only justification I can find for the pop.

eSports stocks popping too.  

17 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

I would have done it if the stock had popped more.  But the poor remdesivir trial results should help CYDY's stock price a bit.

EDIT: I just looked at remdesivir's results.  They're not great but they're not bad.  Not sure why Gilead's stock would fall from it.

It’s no better than say learning that if you have someone roll over on to their stomach type results. It’s like cold medicine, it makes you feel better a little sooner. It’s disappointing in terms of it being lauded as a potential cure. These were moderately ill patients that would have likely recovered anyway.

My issue seems not knowing when to sell. I am up 120% on DKNG and part of me feels like I should sell some but part of me feels like it could go much higher and wants to hold.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, stbugs said:

It’s no better than say learning that if you have someone roll over on to their stomach type results. It’s like cold medicine, it makes you feel better a little sooner. It’s disappointing in terms of it being lauded as a potential cure. These were moderately ill patients that would have likely recovered anyway.

True but their previous trial results were equally unimpressive.

Edited by Don Hutson

1 minute ago, JoeSteeler said:

My issue seems not knowing when to sell. I am up 120% on DKNG and part of me feels like I should sell some but part of me feels like it could go much higher and wants to hold.

That news that California is moving toward legalizing sports betting is huge.  There might be room for more short term gains.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JoeSteeler said:

That news that California is moving toward legalizing sports betting is huge.  There might be room for more short term gains.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, JoeSteeler said:

I'm a newbie to individual stock but what about a trailing 10% stop for 1/2 your shares?  Then you can continue this ride up with all the shares, lock in profits with half your shares on a dip, and free roll the remaining shares (the @Todem method 🙂 ).

Edited by Steeler
clarity (I hope)

Having another solid day. Always helps when Amazon is positive but ZM, ZS and FSLY are rolling again. Those might be my best stocks outside of the CYDY at $1. Bought a sizable amount of each and they are combined up 164%. Amazing run considering I bought most of it in October/November. I only bought an extra 100 shares of FSLY in March.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

True but their previous trial results were equally disappointing.

Any time there are below expectation results the stock will take a hit.

6 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

I only see speculation, didn’t read anything concrete. 

3 minutes ago, Steeler said:

I'm a newbie to individual stock but what about a trailing 10% stop for 1/2 your shares?  Then you can continue this ride up with all the shares, lock in profits with half your shares on a dip, and free roll the remaining shares (the @Todem method 🙂 ).

It’s not a bad idea especially if you don’t see the stock continuing to grow. Right now, it might be a wee bit frothy so it could be a good choice. That said, if I sold half of my ZM at $130 and half my FSLY at $34, I would have missed out on another 50% and 33%. I’m also holding for a few years on both so it’s your timeframe on the stock that could decide when to sell. You don’t lose selling at a profit but you can also miss out on huge gains if you picked the right dog like Apple or Google or Netflix or Amazon, etc. Sometimes for some unique companies it was an amazing time to buy more after a 100% gain. Anyway, I think @Todem’s advice is very sound but there are many multi-baggers out there that you just want to ride even if they dip 50% in March 2020.

Anyone else noticing how unstable many online platforms are right now.  Just this morning I had a problem with Fidelity.  Now my bacnk is saying documents unavailable and then they are available seconds later.  Wondering if all this remote access is bogging down many of these platforms and if there's a potential play here besides Amazon?

3 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Anyone else noticing how unstable many online platforms are right now.  Just this morning I had a problem with Fidelity.  Now my bacnk is saying documents unavailable and then they are available seconds later.  Wondering if all this remote access is bogging down many of these platforms and if there's a potential play here besides Amazon?

I did have some weirdness with Fidelity as well, portfolio wouldn’t show but logging out and closing the app fixed it.

• Like 1

Can someone please explain something to me like I'm 5: ARVN tanked on Friday on news of a trial that didn't fail, but wasn't as successful as they'd hoped. Today they were upgraded by Citigroup to a buy, with a target of $45. Does that mean Citigroup expects the stock to hit $45 within a year? If not, what timeframe?

7 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

I've had some issues getting into work related networks.