What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (10 Viewers)

Goldman capitulating on tech - GOLDMAN: "As multiples have expanded across our coverage group, we adjust our price targets across our .. coverage universe to reflect higher peer multiples, lower interest rates," and reduced equity risk premium.

Reduced equity risk premium. While that may justify near-term higher stock prices, I don't think folks understand the long-term implications of that. Or they just don't care. 

Heck yeah! I’m positive overall on the day and it is 100% due to CYDY. Not selling at all but damn if I’m not tempted just based on the real money I’m up. 
I'm not up today but beating the market by a full percent and that stock is a big reason why.

I'll take down days like this anytime.

I'm not up today but beating the market by a full percent and that stock is a big reason why.

I'll take down days like this anytime.
I’m up 0.55%, mainly because of CYDY but a bunch of my other stocks turning green like AMZN which helps. I’ve been up on the S&P 1-2% daily the past week and a half. It’s been a phenomenal past couple weeks.

AMZN, TDOC... 

Was hoping CYDY would temporarily fall today. Oh well, maybe one of y'all can invite me to your yacht or beach house. 

AMZN, TDOC... 

Was hoping CYDY would temporarily fall today. Oh well, maybe one of y'all can invite me to your yacht or beach house. 
It’s not too late, but I can understand the worries about hopping in late. I will say that the action is incredible and not to sound all conspiracy theory but you know that there are people in the know and this isn’t RH or Portnoy driving it. I sure as #### wasn’t thinking it would hit 4 that quickly and touch 5 today. I know others want to see the moon shot of 30, but I’d be all in on a buyout at say 10 just to feel like I pulled out money at the top. That said I hope the moon shot guys are right and with an up listing, all it would need is good trials considering how CV has crept back into everything.

AMZN, TDOC... 

I've missed out on a decent chunk of gains myself and I am debating saying screw it to buy back in at this much higher cost basis.

It’s not too late, but I can understand the worries about hopping in late. I will say that the action is incredible and not to sound all conspiracy theory but you know that there are people in the know and this isn’t RH or Portnoy driving it. I sure as #### wasn’t thinking it would hit 4 that quickly and touch 5 today. I know others want to see the moon shot of 30, but I’d be all in on a buyout at say 10 just to feel like I pulled out money at the top. That said I hope the moon shot guys are right and with an up listing, all it would need is good trials considering how CV has crept back into everything.
Is it possible results of the cydy trials are trickling out.  A lot of money to be made getting that info.

Whats crazy is that if the trial comes back positive its hard to not think this movement is just the tip of the iceberg.  Parabolic is a possibility.

Simultaneously, I wouldn't be completely shocked if Nader is a fraud and there are bad actors involved.  Just too much bull#### to rule it out completely.

#notselling

Same here. A little delay put me in at 4.94 
It's a fiver! I have to say that I was skeptical when chet was pimping CYDY six months ago but it has been absolutely spectacular. Full disclosure, I sold 1/8 of my position when it hit 5 today but will hold the bulk until 10 is in sight.

It's a fiver! I have to say that I was skeptical when chet was pimping CYDY six months ago but it has been absolutely spectacular. Full disclosure, I sold 1/8 of my position when it hit 5 today but will hold the bulk until 10 is in sight.
I think it is still fair to call it a gamble. But since i am playing with house money, i am letting it ride.

Is it possible results of the cydy trials are trickling out.  A lot of money to be made getting that info.

Whats crazy is that if the trial comes back positive its hard to not think this movement is just the tip of the iceberg.  Parabolic is a possibility.

Simultaneously, I wouldn't be completely shocked if Nader is a fraud and there are bad actors involved.  Just too much bull#### to rule it out completely.

#notselling
Nader does not come across well, but I haven't quite reached the point of thinking he's smarmy. 

Patterson is the dude. If it weren't for him, I wouldn't have added to my original 1k shares. 

The narratives that are leaking slowly are compelling. And the fact that this drug has a history of being used safely may actually be its greatest attribute right now. We don't know how effective the drug is. But we do know it doesn't hurt people. As cases climb and the government scrambles, LL has to be considered among the treatments.

Annnnnnd I'm back in. Was fully divested at $3.75 average sell cost only to buy back in for a few more shares than originally at $5.04. That's how you're supposed to do stonks, right? Miss the gap ups and FOMO your way back in? #whydidisell #inchetwetrust

Just imagine if you had a million shares. 

Hey @chet maybe you can use your stature to convince them to let you see any press releases / slides before they release them. Maybe at 2 billion we won't have any typos anymore. I would also be willing to do such a task for the bargain basement price of like 1K shares. 

Hindsight 20/20 but can't help but think I definitely had like 20K I could have dumped into this in December. SMH

Last edited by a moderator:
AMZN, TDOC... 

I can't pick you up in a Ferrari and toast some Dom Perignon on a Yacht while cruising the ocean.  But the Fiero got a fresh rattle-can paint job and there will be some some ice cold BUD in the row boat on the pond (when it's done).   

What was the twitter account that wrote the white paper about shorting $CYDY.  Are they still short?  Did they say when they covered?

#notselling
Correct but here is where it gets interesting for folks looking to get in. Obviously you could scale it, as some have. But at a $1 or $2 with seemingly a floor on the stock, there was less downside. We've gone straight line from $3 to $5. Some may say that is the stock just catching up to the news but could argue it's up on air or anticipation of a trial that could easily be negative. At $5, for folks to get real skin in the game, you would be looking at losing real money. The risk / reward here is tough for a penny stock where a month ago, the CEO was paying the company's bills via exercising his warrants. I appreciate the folks that aren't selling and imagine most are fully invested but would or is anyone adding at $5? 

#notselling
Yeah, there is that worry that I’ve made a lot. Not as much as chet and the high rollers but probably more than most in here. It’s tangible money right so so it’s hard to not want to take the profit and run. I do think good news is likely leaking out. Even though it’s blind you have to know that if most people are getting better and deaths are way down that it’s working. The trial is still real people with nurses and doctors, etc., so you can’t hide the results.

If there is an up listing and great results that blow away that steroid and remdesivir, it can blow up like the other biotechs. Nothing would make me happier than to have an actual drug solution (not quite 100% cure) that helps the US right now and puts a lot of money in our pockets. Wouldn’t it be nice to see the stock blow past $10 so even @pecorino can’t sell at his schedule?

Any way I can get a re-do on the sale of CYDY I made on that first run up into the $3’s?  Sold enough to cover my cost basis +20%, but wishing I that one back.  Unreal.  This one has been incredibly fun to follow along.  Thanks @chet!

Correct but here is where it gets interesting for folks looking to get in. Obviously you could scale it, as some have. But at a $1 or $2 with seemingly a floor on the stock, there was less downside. We've gone straight line from $3 to $5. Some may say that is the stock just catching up to the news but could argue it's up on air or anticipation of a trial that could easily be negative. At $5, for folks to get real skin in the game, you would be looking at losing real money. The risk / reward here is tough for a penny stock where a month ago, the CEO was paying the company's bills via exercising his warrants. I appreciate the folks that aren't selling and imagine most are fully invested but would or is anyone adding at $5? 
I've got 4,000+ shares. Not sure what my average is. I'm thinking of adding 1-2k shares.

Any way I can get a re-do on the sale of CYDY I made on that first run up into the $3’s?  Sold enough to cover my cost basis +20%, but wishing I that one back.  Unreal.  This one has been incredibly fun to follow along.  Thanks @chet!
Mate, don’t get greedy. 😂 

I did the same as you (selling at 3.xx to cover my investment plus a bit on top) and believe me: don’t stress about it.

Yeah, there is that worry that I’ve made a lot. Not as much as chet and the high rollers but probably more than most in here. It’s tangible money right so so it’s hard to not want to take the profit and run. I do think good news is likely leaking out. Even though it’s blind you have to know that if most people are getting better and deaths are way down that it’s working. The trial is still real people with nurses and doctors, etc., so you can’t hide the results.

If there is an up listing and great results that blow away that steroid and remdesivir, it can blow up like the other biotechs. Nothing would make me happier than to have an actual drug solution (not quite 100% cure) that helps the US right now and puts a lot of money in our pockets. Wouldn’t it be nice to see the stock blow past $10 so even @pecorino can’t sell at his schedule?
And potential market for leronlimab is global, keep in mind. 

Wonder to what extent manufacturing capacity is a limiter.

Bear in mind, I've got a not-so-great track record on plays like this. See Northfield from 15 years ago.

I've got 4,000+ shares. Not sure what my average is. I'm thinking of adding 1-2k shares.
I’ve got enough that the only recent add (yesterday) I made was dumping the LK shares I didn’t want anymore. I am glad I added about 50% more shares a little under $3. Cost basis went up but up 60%+ on those now. Up 400% on the $1 shares which are 2/3rds of what I have.

And potential market for leronlimab is global, keep in mind. 

Wonder to what extent manufacturing capacity is a limiter.

Bear in mind, I've got a not-so-great track record on plays like this. See Northfield from 15 years ago.
Oh I know. I’m just saying that great trial results is actually great news to reduce actual deaths. That would be amazing in and of itself regardless of the money we make.

Well hot damn the market took a hard left. CYDY and Amazon being down less than 1% has me just a little red, way better than the market.

Looks like I didn't time moving some of my CYDY shares earlier very well---but I'm thrilled to still have some in my name --so thank you @chet .   Looking at the broader market in general--what is the sentiment on today's drop?    For me it feels like an overly optimistic and somewhat artificially bloated market kinda got a sense of reality that the virus is going to be around for a while---but I feel like this information is nothing really new.   Is this just some healthy profit taking? 

Finally got into SE, albeit a very small amount as I haven't seen 5% pullbacks often with this. Those looking to add, it's currently down about 6%.

Mate, don’t get greedy. 😂 

I did the same as you (selling at 3.xx to cover my investment plus a bit on top) and believe me: don’t stress about it.
Oh, I’m not being greedy.  It was more a post in jest.  I was damn well happy at the time to free roll 60% of the shares that I originally bought.  Still am. 👍🏼

I added a couple thousand shares earlier this week. Wanting a little dip to add more, but that may not happen for a while when it dips to $28

My main holding still green today? Kroger. :bag:

Thanks to CYDY, my trading account is up $7. 

Adam Mancini

@AdamMancini4

Were back at that 3060 battleground in #ES_F and losing it now- this was tested 2x last week, recaptured Sunday, back-tested Monday night exactly on the China news and is key line in the sand. Bulls need to get back above this today otherwise next supports are the 200dma & 2970

Lol. Man the RHs are just morons. Hertz is up today on news that Carmax and Auto Nation May swoop in. Well if you actually read the article it says this:

Mazari said the most obvious way for auto dealers CarMax and AutoNation to "swoop in" would be to bid for 150,000 of Hertz's used cars, which are likely to be sold to pay off lenders

So basically, still going through bankruptcy but these guys may purchase their cars so they can settle with debtors. Still doesn’t help stockholders. SMH.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/hertzs-stock-soars-after-jefferies-says-carmax-autonation-may-swoop-in-2020-06-24?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo

Boy I wish I would have trusted my gut and got out of BLMN yesterday at a minimal loss when it was at 11.10.  

Some sort of news we don't know about out there?   

HTZ up 60%.  Geeze.  So silly

CYDY all I have left in the green. Company stock hammered, portfolio hammered, and the yellow rock is falling... Prob going to avoid looking at anything else for the rest of the day. 

Users who are viewing this thread