Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Well know I wish I would have just bought last week instead of waiting for another dip. I'll be rooting for you guys 😀

Who are DKNG competitors? Do they have any in this space? Finally took a look, nice work you guys that have quadrupled your money. Being late to the game I don’t know that mows the time for those like myself to jump in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CR69 said:

Well know I wish I would have just bought last week instead of waiting for another dip. I'll be rooting for you guys 😀

You might have your dip right here...trade deal comments sinking futures

• Thinking 1

1 minute ago, djmich said:

You might have your dip right here...trade deal comments sinking futures

WHITE HOUSE TRADE ADVISER PETER NAVARRO SAID ON MONDAY THE TRADE DEAL WITH CHINA IS “OVER,”- RTRS

I don't think it's going to impact CYDY much. But I hear ya. Obviously I've been bearish. But I feel like it doesn't take much to tip over a market like this. Once the tide goes out, you find out who is swimming nekkid. 

Have a few $ to play with the Onion in the morning. 

1 minute ago, sporthenry said:

WHITE HOUSE TRADE ADVISER PETER NAVARRO SAID ON MONDAY THE TRADE DEAL WITH CHINA IS “OVER,”- RTRS

I don't think it's going to impact CYDY much. But I hear ya. Obviously I've been bearish. But I feel like it doesn't take much to tip over a market like this. Once the tide goes out, you find out who is swimming nekkid. 

Oh, I didnt realize that comment was about CYDY, thought it was overall market.  Yah, dont see impact to cydy.

6 minutes ago, djmich said:

Oh, I didnt realize that comment was about CYDY, thought it was overall market.  Yah, dont see impact to cydy.

Trade deal over.  So what will this impact negatively?  Positively?

Will my BLMN go down cause of this 😯

• Thinking 1

2 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

As long as we keep the trade deals with Australia open, should be plenty of Bloomin Onions and Fosters.

• Laughing 8

2 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

One would think hardware tech will get smoked. Like AAPL. Suppose the rest of tech may be a bit more resilient. SMID cap domestics that can benefit from an onshoring are probably getting smoked due to coronavirus. 

Honestly, the fact we aren't hitting limit down is pretty amazing. I suppose that shows you either how much trust folks have in the Fed or how much they fade the administration on what they say publicly. 

Yeah it's pretty surprising it hasn't dropped more. Anyone want to bet $5 that we're green by open? 🤣🤣

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, CR69 said:

Yeah it's pretty surprising it hasn't dropped more. Anyone want to bet $5 that we're green by open? 🤣🤣

Dow futures down only 40 points now. :lol: 

CNBC: Stock futures recovered earlier losses after White House trade advisor Peter Navarro clarified that the U.S.-China trade deal is not over.

“My comments have been taken wildly out of context,” Navarro said in a statement. “They had nothing at all to do with the Phase I trade deal, which continues in place.”

Earlier in the session, Dow futures had dropped about 400 points. Futures plunged after Navarro’s Monday interview on Fox News’ “The Story.”

Fox’s Marth MacCallum asked, “Do you think that the president sort of- I mean, he obviously really wanted to hang onto this trade deal as much as possible. And he wanted them to make good on the promises, because there had been progress made on that trade deal, but given everything that’s happened and all the things you just listed, is that over?”

“It’s over. Yes,” Navarro responded.

:lmao: 

Edited by caustic
  • Laughing 1

4 minutes ago, caustic said:

Dow futures down only 40 points now. :lol: 

CNBC: Stock futures recovered earlier losses after White House trade advisor Peter Navarro clarified that the U.S.-China trade deal is not over.

“My comments have been taken wildly out of context,” Navarro said in a statement. “They had nothing at all to do with the Phase I trade deal, which continues in place.”

Earlier in the session, Dow futures had dropped about 400 points. Futures plunged after Navarro’s Monday interview on Fox News’ “The Story.”

Fox’s Marth MacCallum asked, “Do you think that the president sort of- I mean, he obviously really wanted to hang onto this trade deal as much as possible. And he wanted them to make good on the promises, because there had been progress made on that trade deal, but given everything that’s happened and all the things you just listed, is that over?”

“It’s over. Yes,” Navarro responded.

:lmao: 

This is just crazy. Never would have guessed we'd be green like 10 minutes after I posted that. 

38 minutes ago, CR69 said:

I mean given the market is all they have, I do expect the administration to talk it up. It is pretty amazing how much negative things they say that the market just brushes off. But I think I'm ready to capitulate. If this headline doesn't push markets lower then what will? 

6 minutes ago, sporthenry said:

I mean given the market is all they have, I do expect the administration to talk it up. It is pretty amazing how much negative things they say that the market just brushes off. But I think I'm ready to capitulate. If this headline doesn't push markets lower then what will? 

Yeah at this point I would expect an imminent astroid strike would push the S&P to new highs lol. 

25 minutes ago, CR69 said:

Yeah at this point I would expect an imminent astroid strike would push the S&P to new highs lol. 

That would be good for my ZM. I’d assume that after an asteroid strike that even more people would be working from home. Can’t go outside with the radiation and dust cloud. It should hit $300 within a week.

• Laughing 3

55 minutes ago, CR69 said:

Imagine the infrastructure bill. And the rare earth (asteroid) metals we would find. 

• Laughing 4

5 hours ago, jvdesigns2002 said:

I'm pretty bearish on covid for the short and medium term for the markets. I'm willing to disclose this now (I told @chet and @fantasycurse42 about this a long time ago and they can verify for those of whom don't believe me)--but i am of the belief that covid 19 was evolved/manipulated in the Wuhan virology laboratory.   I'm disclosing this now to the masses because a few days ago (many weeks after I told Chet and fantasycurse about it) Bret Weinstein went on the Joe Rogan podcast and touched upon it.   

I don't have the personal knowledge, but I have a family relative who is the chair of medicine at a top 20 medical university and a good friend who is senior pulmonologist at another university.  Both have offered unsolicited statements of "no, this was not created in a lab".  Both also acknowledged that there is a lot that we don't know about this virus, and more importantly that how we are handling it is asinine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, caustic said:

I think it would depend on how much you're wanting to buy (and how many other MLPs you're invested in). I have BEP in my Roth because it's my only MLP and I don't own nearly enough to eclipse the $1,000/year UBTI threshold. A lot of folks recommend keeping MLPs in taxable accounts, but that advice seems geared towards people who have a lot of money in these things. 

Yeah, thanks. Did some more research myself on the tax angle, not really worried about that anymore. Seems better to keep my limited Roth space on more speculative ideas. This whole space of similar companies to BEP is interesting. 

28 minutes ago, rascal said:

I don't have the personal knowledge, but I have a family relative who is the chair of medicine at a top 20 medical university and a good friend who is senior pulmonologist at another university.  Both have offered unsolicited statements of "no, this was not created in a lab".  Both also acknowledged that there is a lot that we don't know about this virus, and more importantly that how we are handling it is asinine.

The virus itself was not created in a lab--it was most likely manipulated in one. Watch the clip that I have linked below my post. A respected biologist/professor who studies bats explains why it's very unlikely that the virus jumped from bats to humans so quickly and succcesfully. With that said--I will stop there--as I only put that post in here relative to its potential impact both economically and politically solely in regards to the  markets and I want to avoid getting sucked in to any discussions that are not market related.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jvdesigns2002 said:

The virus itself was not created in a lab--it was most likely manipulated in one. Watch the clip that I have linked below my post. A respected biologist/professor who studies bats explains why it's very unlikely that the virus jumped from bats to humans so quickly and succcesfully. With that said--I will stop there--as I only put that post in here relative to its potential impact both economically and politically solely in regards to the  markets and I want to avoid getting sucked in to any discussions that are not market related.  

I watched it, and found it interesting.  I concur with keeping this focused on economics and markets.  Mostly because I have a better chance of understanding that.

I called Merril to find out why they won’t let me Buy ARKF...apparently it is classified as an “actively managed ETF”.which Merril doesn’t like.  

Guess I’ll jump into Robinhood with the millennials. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

I called Merril to find out why they won’t let me Buy ARKF...apparently it is classified as an “actively managed ETF”.which Merril doesn’t like.  

Guess I’ll jump into Robinhood with the millennials. 

Fidelity is pretty sharp!!!

• Thanks 1

Good?

Easy to win?

Looks like another green day based on premarket. Will be interesting if it holds. I’m getting more nervous every up day, but who would want to be on the sideline? Since 6/12, it’s been like 10-15% up.

So when this crashes, where are we hiding our money?

14 minutes ago, rascal said:

So when this crashes, where are we hiding our money?

Maybe Cav will start another crypto hedge fund?

• Laughing 1

7 hours ago, TripItUp said:

Current SPACs I’m in 

SHLL 

ARYA 

HCCH 

INSU 

LACQ

OPES 

I’m familiar with OPES being Burger Fi.  What about the others?

15 hours ago, matuski said:

Buying LMAT tomorrow at open.

Acquired a company/product I love.

Any concerns that it will slip on the news?

10 hours ago, CR69 said:

Great call.

• Like 1

I hope some of you joined me on the FSLY rocket. Based on premarket, it’s up about 50% in a week and that’s after quadrupling since the March lows. Wish I wasn’t worried about another steeper drop. Bought only a 100 more when it was at 11 in March. That’s up 600% based on the premarket price of 78. Even the first purchase in November at 19 is way up.

• Like 1

Anyone still trading LK?  It's set to open down 15%.

I think I'm getting ready to bail. None of this makes sense, and we've gone from extreme fear to extreme greed. We're up big today bc some meaningless trade deal that never had any teeth is still on... Think about it, this almost daily we're up big on nothing. This is exuberance and my gains are incredible, as I think anyone with a pulse and a brokerage account is too. We've got double digit unemployment and that isn't letting up anytime soon. A good percentage of those jobs aren't coming back in the near future and it'll be years and years until we get down to where we were.

Either we're due for a huge pullback, or this time is different and the Fed has changed the game completely (which would mean this really isn't a market). Personally, I don't think there is much middle ground between those two.

Someone talk me off the ledge and tell me not to sell. 

• Like 1

I do love how Navarro backtracked and said this "They had nothing at all to do with the Phase I trade deal, which continues in place. I was simply speaking to the lack of trust we now have of the Chinese Communist Party after they lied about the origins of the China virus and foisted a pandemic upon the world."

That doesn't seem very bullish and speaks to escalating tensions. But those soybeans will fund the stock market. 

if someone did think there is a huge drop coming, where is the smart place to put $$$? Pretty much cash is the best option?

13 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

I think I'm getting ready to bail. None of this makes sense, and we've gone from extreme fear to extreme greed. We're up big today bc some meaningless trade deal that never had any teeth is still on... Think about it, this almost daily we're up big on nothing. This is exuberance and my gains are incredible, as I think anyone with a pulse and a brokerage account is too. We've got double digit unemployment and that isn't letting up anytime soon. A good percentage of those jobs aren't coming back in the near future and it'll be years and years until we get down to where we were.

Either we're due for a huge pullback, or this time is different and the Fed has changed the game completely (which would mean this really isn't a market). Personally, I don't think there is much middle ground between those two.

I'm close to capitulating on the other side. Just going to find some places to park cash that is not in the $ and see what happens. The bolded is where I shake out. I do think the Fed is hoping things are recovering as they begin QT so as the balance sheet starts to shrink, the fundamentals can pick it up from there. Obviously, that wouldn't bode well for future returns. As you allude to, it won't really be a market, at least in the historical sense. Equities will be fixed-income like returns and your historic returns are likely 3-5%. Heck, folks on CNBC are just saying, invest as long as the Fed provides liquidity. That is the epitome of moral hazard. I guess I've become a bit of a Fed truther. But it seems like apart from a few folks that I've sought out on Twitter, nobody seems to care that we've turned into a central planning economy that manipulates its currency. Guess nobody cares as long as they're making money. But history says, central bank intervention likely doesn't end well. That or the system that we've been using for the past hundred years has been wrong. I'd take your comment one step further and if we don't get a huge pullback, we're headed for MMT where there are no taxes. 

Man, there are a lot of posts the past few pages that are keeping me bullish as a contrarian.  Too many people are bearish which is usually a good sign for stocks.

YTD

1.2 trillion into cash

81 billion into investment grade and high yield bonds

36 billion into gold

24 billion into government bonds

30 billion out of stocks

Too much money in cash so any dip we see there is support.  I think we continue to see volatility but the March lows are long gone.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

Sell off gradually into the strength to a certain allocation.  

The problem is that 2/3 the market is still down 40%+ from 3 months ago and doesn't have far to fall, the other 1/3 leading the rally is stocks we want to hold longer term.  This rally continues until people are willing to sell their FANG.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Don't Noonan said:

Man, there are a lot of posts the past few pages that are keeping me bullish as a contrarian.  Too many people are bearish which is usually a good sign for stocks.

YTD

1.2 trillion into cash

81 billion into investment grade and high yield bonds

36 billion into gold

24 billion into government bonds

30 billion out of stocks

Too much money in cash so any dip we see there is support.  I think we continue to see volatility but the March lows are long gone.

Fed balance sheet up $3T. That is the issue. That makes most of those other numbers rounding errors. You're essentially just investing in the Fed at this point. I know the tail is wagging the dog at this point and Powell seems stuck on this stock market impact on GDP. Of course the Fed likely won't tank the market but they could tighten just as easily as folks could chase momo. 

1 minute ago, sporthenry said:

Fed balance sheet up $3T. That is the issue. That makes most of those other numbers rounding errors. You're essentially just investing in the Fed at this point. I know the tail is wagging the dog at this point and Powell seems stuck on this stock market impact on GDP. Of course the Fed likely won't tank the market but they could tighten just as easily as folks could chase momo. 

Correct I meant to mention the Fed in my post.  Don't fight the Fed is very evident again.  I just don't see the Fed tightening anytime soon.

What are some key dates / announcements for CYDY? We seem to be building toward something here 

20 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

30-35% of the value in our markets (outside of maybe big tech and the select companies that thrived during the lockdown) is basically a product of an artificial propping up by the Fed  and the future dilution of the dollar.   In March our Dow hit a low of 18k and change and since then we've risen roughly 45%.    With that said--I do think the future dilution of the dollar will act as a backstop to a huge pullback--and I do think that the current administration will do anything and everything they can to at least keep the market propped up to the election.  I do agree that at some point--the fundamentals will have to catch up--and there will probably be some painful days in the near and mid term.   Personally I'd expect the market to bounce around in an overall sideways fashion for a while unless we get some geo-political stuff that sends things lower--which is one of my biggest fears.  My advice is not to bail out completely--but to pick and choose the solid names you like --and roll with those for a while.  If you want to take some profits to lower your costs or to re-balance into strong names that you do have full confidence in--that's not a bad idea.

Just now, [icon] said:

What are some key dates / announcements for CYDY? We seem to be building toward something here 

Moving on up to the big leagues. Uplisting.

Draftings rebounded nicely.  Wish I had bought more end of the day yesterday.  

9 minutes ago, The General said:

Moving on up to the big leagues. Uplisting.

Has this been firmed up / confirmed? Sorry been traveling and am out of touch this past week. 

Went all in on cydy. Had to wait until today for funds to settle. Had small amount of shares at $3. Now many more at $4.45. Wished I made the big decision earlier, but better to be in now than later. At least that is what I am repeating in my head over and over and over.....

3 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Draftings rebounded nicely.  Wish I had bought more end of the day yesterday.  

I'm actually thinking about selling some for a slight profit.  Have you been buying and holding or are mainly buying and flipping for a quick profit?   My biggest fear is that it feels like all 3 of the major sports seem to be having setbacks in regards to trying to get their seasons figured out.  

15 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Sell off gradually into the strength to a certain allocation.  

The problem is that 2/3 the market is still down 40%+ from 3 months ago and doesn't have far to fall, the other 1/3 leading the rally is stocks we want to hold longer term.  This rally continues until people are willing to sell their FANG.

I don't think your 2/3 number is right. In fact, I think it's really wrong unless you've seen something recently. For one, I've harped on how dilution and debt aren't 'free.' But beyond that, the Russell 3000, which accounts for ~98% of US equities is only down ~8.4% since Feb 19 peak. It peaked at $35.3T which would now mean it's at about $32.3T. So you're still down ~$3T. When I looked a few weeks ago, while FAANGM has been resilient, AMZN was the only stock that added massively to its market cap and that was $250bn. So the rest of the market likely isn't down much more than 10%. 

You obviously have the $3T from the Fed. I read somewhere that during the closure, we lost ~$1T/month but that number seemed finger in the air. So I suppose you can justify we can go back to ATHs, get that $3T back since the Fed essentially backstopped the $3T we lost during the shutdown. Now this is all under the assumption that it is a V-shape.