What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (11 Viewers)

So it's at like 7 bucks.  Why is everyone going bananas again?  I know I'm on tape delay.  I'm out there churning to make the engine work, no time to sit and watch it work.
It dropped from $10 to under $5 in about 5 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
More info:  It was a coordinated short attack from guys who have been getting murdered with this run up.  
Just curious, is your approach for selling or not selling future shares any different than it was this morning?

Asking for a friend.

So it's at like 7 bucks.  Why is everyone going bananas again?  I know I'm on tape delay.  I'm out there churning to make the engine work, no time to sit and watch it work.
Check out the day range today. It went from 9.50 to like 4.65 in about 15 minutes.

Reminds me of Tyson's quote. Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.

I'm strategy-less right now.
If you can afford to, hold or accumulate. Nothing has changed about the company or the drug as far as we know. In that regard, short attack is the best answer you/we could have hoped for. It's market/transactional manipulation. If you can not afford to, you need to rethink what you have in it in the first place.

imo

If you can afford to, hold or accumulate. Nothing has changed about the company or the drug as far as we know. In that regard, short attack is the best answer you/we could have hoped for. It's market/transactional manipulation. If you can not afford to, you need to rethink what you have in it in the first place.

imo
Maybe we can get another one??

Reminds me of Tyson's quote. Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.

I'm strategy-less right now.
yup.  I panic sold half for a "decent" profit, but closer to the low.  Left with 1000 shares and kicking myself for logging in today.   :kicksrock:

More info:  It was a coordinated short attack from guys who have been getting murdered with this run up.  
I have to assume they pushed it down to get out? More palatable to cover at 3-5x loss than 9-10x. But can't imagine they have that much more ammo? 

imo
a voice of reason. thank you!

rebuilding a position. have 3,700 shares. will buy more on dips and attempt to trade a small portion on volatility.

I'm a total dolt on this stuff and even I recognized it as a buying opportunity.  

Added 33% at 5.81.  

I guess that is probably easier to stomach when the shares are in the 10s instead of the 10000s    :)  

ETA:  I don't mind risk if there is upside.  If I did have 1000s of shares, I might now be dead of a heart attack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys I don't know much, but what I do know is that selling my CYDY too early once already cost me a Ferrari.  I won't do that again.

HODL HODL HODL HODL 

Yeah, I got scalped for a $1 but bought more at the $5.80 than I sold in the $4s so probably came out about even in those transactions. 
I came out ahead. Once it hit the low seven dollar range I just started selling 100 shares a minute until I saw her make the turn back. I started buying 500 share blocks on the rise through the five. All total I’ve probably gained a dollar on my cost basis. But it still hurts seeing shares sold in the four dollar range being bought back two minutes later and the five dollar range

I can't wait to see what happens at close today.  This thing is going to run up again.  

I was in a meeting with my law partner with a plan to sell half of my position at 9.50+.  That was a costly 15 minutes, but I have a good feeling this will reach double digits again in the near future.  HOLD #notselling

So I assume for CYDY we're not expecting any major news until they release the results of the trials in a few weeks?  What are the inflection points coming up in terms of news that can really move the stock?

I just assumed that CYDY dipped on the news of the possible new swine flu coming out of China. Then it went back up based on the fact that CYDY can probably cure that too. 

Tell me what this means like I'm an idiot and in the midst of a work zoom meeting.
I'm sure Chet can more eloquently defend the stock. It looks like he's just piggybacking off the Culpeper stuff. Not a whole lot of new info in there. But Citron and Left are legit. A lot don't like them but he can move stocks with his research. I presume he was one of the big guys shorting it earlier. Now they release a report hoping to push it down further. Stock isn't falling out of bed but in my experience, it's not a guy you want on the other side. Has enough clout, he can go on CNBC and destroy it. 

Tell me what this means like I'm an idiot and in the midst of a work zoom meeting.
I'm sure Chet can more eloquently defend the stock. It looks like he's just piggybacking off the Culpeper stuff. Not a whole lot of new info in there. But Citron and Left are legit. A lot don't like them but he can move stocks with his research. I presume he was one of the big guys shorting it earlier. Now they release a report hoping to push it down further. Stock isn't falling out of bed but in my experience, it's not a guy you want on the other side. Has enough clout, he can go on CNBC and destroy it. 
This sounds not good.

We had to know an article would coincide with the short attack today.  This is rehashed stuff they've taken shots at already.  NP sold millions of shares in early May, pointing to Culper hit pieces from the past.  They blame CytoDyn for manipulating the stock the last few days, blah blah blah.  

They talk about lack of data.  Well, duh... trial data is coming.  Maybe it's why they chose today to launch the attack and this article, there may be others from Culper research, to get these out before the trial data is released.  

Scaring investors into dumping shares... so their paying clients can pick them up before good news is released?  who knows.  

Users who are viewing this thread