What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (16 Viewers)

Citron is run by Andrew Left who is a notable short seller. He isn't always right and is very brash / abrasive. He essentially plays the Don't Pass line and instead of Ackman buying stock and pumping it on CNBC, he shorts a stock, releases a report to push it down and then who knows? I'm sure he probably covers some of it on the way down. 

His most notable work was he called Valeant/Bausch right. In healthcare, he seems pretty good although as I mentioned, this piece was pretty weak IMO. Didn't actually go into the details on the drug itself and relied on Culpeper which seemed very sketchy. I don't know where he stands on TSLA. He probably was shorting it but not as big as Chanos/Einhorn from what I can tell. I'm not saying he is right but he is a credible voice in the finance world unlike Culpepper. 
I might be mistaken, but didn't I read that Cytodyn bought the leronlimab molecule from Valent?

EDIT -- I was mistaken.  They bought it from Progenics https://www.cytodyn.com/newsroom/press-releases/detail/33/cytodyn-announces-entry-into-agreement-with-progenics

Last edited by a moderator:
Citron is run by Andrew Left who is a notable short seller. He isn't always right and is very brash / abrasive. He essentially plays the Don't Pass line and instead of Ackman buying stock and pumping it on CNBC, he shorts a stock, releases a report to push it down and then who knows? I'm sure he probably covers some of it on the way down. 

His most notable work was he called Valeant/Bausch right. In healthcare, he seems pretty good although as I mentioned, this piece was pretty weak IMO. Didn't actually go into the details on the drug itself and relied on Culpeper which seemed very sketchy. I don't know where he stands on TSLA. He probably was shorting it but not as big as Chanos/Einhorn from what I can tell. I'm not saying he is right but he is a credible voice in the finance world unlike Culpepper. 
I might be mistaken, but didn't I read that Cytodyn bought the leronlimab molecule from Valent?
Wait, what!

Just had a smaller limit order go through that I was not expecting to go through at 5.61

Is anyone confident this will rebound to where we were earlier today???

Going to buy more at the bell. 
Didn’t happen got a phone call. 

Will be watching close at open would like more. 

That is a decent close. Interested to see what it does in Europe tomorrow. Will be interested to see if they bid it up again or they get scared. 

Days like today are why I couldn't stomach that much :lol:
Days like today suck but since my cost basis is around $1.70, it’s easier to stomach, especially since it’s still way up from a week ago. Just sucks that people can manipulate it so easily and lose days of huge gains. Maybe if I wasn’t on vacation I would have sold some around $10. It was in the 5s the first time I looked after opening jump.

Days like today are why I couldn't stomach that much :lol:
Worse part was when the big drop happened I was sitting in a dentist chair getting the drill.  I got the ticker going on my phone, peaking out from the shaded glasses each time the Dentist lady needed to retool.  I'm making some "err, ahh" sounds from watching CYDY drop, not because of the drill, and she stuck me again with the needle!  That was 4 hours ago and my jaw is still f'n numb!  Glad I got a 2nd chance to buy back in though. 

Yeah. Put in another order at 5.15 that never got filled. It is annoying to trade this with limit orders and auth codes from Merrill :angry:  
Yes, that sucks balls. As mentioned earlier, I ended up paying almost a buck more per share (which I ended up selling later for a small loss later).

Bought in at the end. All said and done I made my cost basis worse by a dollar a share. Stupid lesson learned to not panic like I did, then panic buy to try and fix it. 

I royally effed up today. But I did get 900 shares at near close for 5:18.Sitting on I think 5600 shares or so.

Bottom line: I believe this thing has a legit shot across several critical medical fronts. The stock aspect of it all is a different game, one that I should be mindful of but not a hostage to. 

For those of us keeping score, looks like chet sold 100,000 shares near $10 and likely bought back those shares around six? That’s a cool gain of $400,000 in one day. Puts my little enterprise into perspective.

Have a buddy who absolutely refuses to believe notorious shorts are pushing CYDY down via hit pieces to profit from short positions because "it's impossible to short OTC stocks" 

I thought our hero said he was part of a group that was buying 100,000,000 shares.
I think he's part of a group (or knows others) with 1MM shares each.

I think the company CYDY is going to put to a vote to issue 100MM (15%) more shares.

Chet sold and re bought 100,000 shares today.

cosjobs said:
HGEN up 27% since I bought Friday. Added 1000 more
This thing hung in fairly well despite from my perspective, seemingly doing a similar thing to CYDY. Not really sure what to make of it but hard to imagine CYDY drops and this thing doesn't or vice versa. 

Users who are viewing this thread