Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

49 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Just checking the S&P and realizing that I've likely already got a big chunk of the big tech just based on their weighting. Always knew it, but hadn't actually calculated it.

I spent some time the other day trying to figure out if there was a calculator online where I could tell "if I own X shares of SPY I thus own Y shares of AAPL / AMZN etc.". Didn't feel like trying to calculate it myself / didn't find anything so gave up. Perhaps I should create said website.

Have you guys looked at RLFTF? 

Someone in the Covid thread posted something about RLF-100 as a Covid drug.

Up a ton today and only about .17/share at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, eaganwildcats said:

I spent some time the other day trying to figure out if there was a calculator online where I could tell "if I own X shares of SPY I thus own Y shares of AAPL / AMZN etc.". Didn't feel like trying to calculate it myself / didn't find anything so gave up. Perhaps I should create said website.

SPY top 10 holdings

MSFT 6.02%

AAPL  5.79%

AMZN 4.51%

FB  2.13%

GOOGL  1.66%

GOOG  1.61%

JNJ  1.44%

BRKA  1.35%

V  1.27%

PG  1.15%

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

Funny though, this is why I had been avoiding the FAANG stocks for a while. Cost me money by trying to diversify instead of just buying the companies I wanted.

I've got enough AMZN to cover me! No worries there. Probably should have added some of the rest, but got enough exposure.

2 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

SPY top 10 holdings

MSFT 6.02%

AAPL  5.79%

AMZN 4.51%

FB  2.13%

GOOGL  1.66%

GOOG  1.61%

JNJ  1.44%

BRKA  1.35%

V  1.27%

PG  1.15%

That's what I saw, basically with the big tech guys (top 5) you've got about 20% so a simple 20% of index funds you hold.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, hooter311 said:

$29.00

Eta:

$23,000 bitcoin target / 1030 * 1.3 (premium)= $29.

And those are my most conservative Bitcoin target and gbtc premium estimates.

Might be worth a shot in the dark for me. You know the crypto space way better, but it definitely feels like money will be moving there. Maybe not forever, but that doesn't always matter.

8 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

Have you guys looked at RLFTF? 

Someone in the Covid thread posted something about RLF-100 as a Covid drug.

Up a ton today and only about .17/share at the moment.

Up to .19 now.

5 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

Up to .19 now.

when trying to buy at Fidleity I get some sort of foreign transaction fee charge that is around $50?

Posted (edited)
Just now, JoeSteeler said:

when trying to buy at Fidleity I get some sort of foreign transaction fee charge that is around $50?

Yeah, I got a commission fee at Schwab but I've already blown past that number. Cost was $50.

Edit: not sure if I'll regret that or not, but it's up 11% since I bought it 16 minutes ago.

Edited by ChiefD

13 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I've got enough AMZN to cover me! No worries there. Probably should have added some of the rest, but got enough exposure.

My single biggest investing regret is selling Amazon back in 2001. I forget how much I had but I remember it being significant for a 25 yo LT. 

hoping SE makes up for it. :whistle:

1 minute ago, ChiefD said:

Yeah, I got a commission fee at Schwab but I've already blown past that number. Cost was $50.

is that the same as Estimated Foreign Settlement Fee?

Just now, JoeSteeler said:

is that the same as Estimated Foreign Settlement Fee?

I'm a noob. I have no idea. :lol:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

Up to .23 now. 

Back down to .19

E-Trade only cost $4.95 to buy. 

In for a few shares.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

Back down to .19

In for a few shares.

Good to know. Thanks.

No idea if this one will turn out to be good, but worth a shot...at least at the small amount I bought. 

40 minutes ago, eaganwildcats said:

Morningstar portfolios will do that for you if you input all your holdings. It's under their X-Ray feature, called Stock Intersection. You may have to be a member. So even though I don't own any shares of Microsoft or Apple in my retirement accounts, they are my two biggest holdings, at 3.06% and 2.38%. 

42 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

SPY top 10 holdings

MSFT 6.02%

AAPL  5.79%

AMZN 4.51%

FB  2.13%

GOOGL  1.66%

GOOG  1.61%

JNJ  1.44%

BRKA  1.35%

V  1.27%

PG  1.15%

This is good info 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Capella said:

This is good info 

It is as of June 30th.  With the recent earnings of AAPL and AMZN they may well be higher now.

21 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

My single biggest investing regret is selling Amazon back in 2001. I forget how much I had but I remember it being significant for a 25 yo LT. 

hoping SE makes up for it. :whistle:

Ouch. I don’t think regret is quite the word I’d use. It was around $6 back then based on today’s price/pass splits. $1k back then is half a million now. We all missed it back then, just glad to have jumped in during the mid triple digits.

29 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

Back down to .19

In for a few shares.

Saw that article this morning and didn't think a lot about it.  Stock was .07 this morning.  :bag:

• Sad 1

Freaking FSLY. Why didn’t I buy more when it was at $11? I added another 100 shares to a bunch I got in November at $19, but damn never saw this run up.

• Like 2

Thank you Bloomin for doing your thing yet again.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2020 at 2:14 PM, BroadwayG said:

Got back into TXRH for a handful of shares.

Sold 1/3 of this prior to earnings. Solid 12% in two weeks.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Once a viable vaccine is out (we hope by year end? I am a glass half full kinda guy) this puppy will shoot to 14 range easy. 

While it is a great stock to day trade (and we had done that plenty) my last buy in was for a longer hold to get a nice 30-40% percent hit.  So for those holding. Sit tight. Matter of time and some good news on the virus front to propel the stock into the mid to high teens again. 

As far as the Master list. All holds for the long term. All solid monsters of rock!!!

Edited by Todem
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Todem said:

Once a viable vaccine is out (we hope by year end? I am a glass half full kinda guy) this puppy will shoot to 14 range easy. 

While it is a great stock to day trade (and we had done that plenty) my last buy in was for a longer hold to get a nice 30-40% percent hit.  So for those holding. Sit tight. Matter of time and some good news on the virus front to propel the stock into the mid to high teens again. 

As far as the Master list. All holds for the long term. All solid monsters of rock!!!

Curious way you feel BLMN is a long term hold, but something like LUV isn't? 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Charlie Harper said:

I said longer hold.....not long term.

HUGE difference. 

I have been in and out of this stock 6 times within 3 months. My last buy....I will look to hold longer to make a nice chunk. The moment I see that pop to the low to mid teens (I will define that as $13 or higher) I will probably get out. And this is with my funny money. I am not putting my serious, long term life savings into this stock. That is all in the master list. 

Airlines revenue has been demolished far worse than a chain like BLMN. They are burning cash beyond belief and the layoffs and fallout has not even started yet. I am not getting into airlines still. I can’t stand those stocks. But the select few will present a great upside opportunity when this is all behind us . The select few than can survive. 

I am no airlines stock expert and do not pretend to be. The only one I will even consider because of how they are managed and their balance sheet (with is eroding fast as well) is DAL. I played around with SAVE for a trade and got right out.  The easy money was made a while ago.

Which brings me to BA. It will take time for this giant to recover. But when the airlines do....this stock will shoot to the moon again. I rather own BA than airlines. 

Edited by Todem
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Charlie Harper said:

I don’t want to speak for him but people will always eat. I can’t say the same thing about flying for work and/or vacations. Driving more for vacations might be the norm and traveling less for work might be as well. I think beyond employees not wanting to travel right now, employers are seeing the amount of $$$s they are saving. My company had a town hall and they were very open about saying that they might downsize offices based on how much employees have said they like working from home. They obviously also see the long term cost savings.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

I don’t want to speak for him but people will always eat. I can’t say the same thing about flying for work and/or vacations. Driving more for vacations might be the norm and traveling less for work might be as well. I think beyond employees not wanting to travel right now, employers are seeing the amount of $$$s they are saving. My company had a town hall and they were very open about saying that they might downsize offices based on how much employees have said they like working from home. They obviously also see the long term cost savings.

Yeah and that too. People simply like to go out and eat. And they have a solid brand of restaurants.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Greedy here was waiting for single digits again.  Good hit for those who got in when it was down 10% at one point today though.

17 minutes ago, Todem said:

I've turned into a huge PPL fan.  I sold out once and rebought to lower my cost basis but am hesitant to do so again.  This may be one to just sit back and collect the cash flows.  That yield is beating anything I can find on real estate investing right now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Shula-holic said:

I've turned into a huge PPL fan.  I sold out once and rebought to lower my cost basis but am hesitant to do so again.  This may be one to just sit back and collect the cash flows.  That yield is beating anything I can find on real estate investing right now.

On that one I'm happy getting 6.5% forever.  Don't need much capital appreciation.  I hope it gives us another good drop so I can max out.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Shula-holic said:

You all got me in this one.  Just going to let her sit for a good long while in the roth.    :thumbup:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sand said:

On that one I'm happy getting 6.5% forever.  Don't need much capital appreciation.  I hope it gives us another good drop so I can max out.

I bought in my biggest chunk at $24.37. Sold that lot at $26.02 then re-entered at $25.22. While that definitely worked, the better play long term likely would have been to just buy another lot at $25.22 as I still have capital I need to deploy. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Todem said:

I said longer hold.....not long term.

HUGE difference. 

I have been in and out of this stock 6 times within 3 months. My last buy....I will look to hold longer to make a nice chunk. The moment I see that pop to the low to mid teens (I will define that as $13 or higher) I will probably get out. And this is with my funny money. I am not putting my serious, long term life savings into this stock. That is all in the master list. 

Airlines revenue has been demolished far worse than a chain like BLMN. They are burning cash beyond belief and the layoffs and fallout has not even started yet. I am not getting into airlines still. I can’t stand those stocks. But the select few will present a great upside opportunity when this is all behind us . The select few than can survive. 

I am no airlines stock expert and do not pretend to be. The only one I will even consider because of how they are managed and their balance sheet (with is eroding fast as well) is DAL. I played around with SAVE for a trade and got right out.  The easy money was made a while ago.

Which brings me to BA. It will take time for this giant to recover. But when the airlines do....this stock will shoot to the moon again. I rather own BA than airlines. 

24 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Read an article where Kramer was saying the restaurant business will change forever towards a takeout model.  Pretty convincing as he's in the sit down business.

Regardless, I'm holding a chunk of Blmn to hit Todem's target and buying chunks overtime it drops 20-25 cents and selling them on the rebound.  This is one of the few non-bio tech stocks that has this type of volatility.  Even the airlines don't bounce as much within a day.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Ouch. I don’t think regret is quite the word I’d use. It was around $6 back then based on today’s price/pass splits. $1k back then is half a million now. We all missed it back then, just glad to have jumped in during the mid triple digits.

Yeah, I can get over it. But when you're right about something (I did think it would be huge) and sold off because I moved to an entirely ETF plan. That kinda stings. 

4 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Read an article where Kramer was saying the restaurant business will change forever towards a takeout model.  Pretty convincing as he's in the sit down business.

Regardless, I'm holding a chunk of Blmn to hit Todem's target and buying chunks overtime it drops 20-25 cents and selling them on the rebound.  This is one of the few non-bio tech stocks that has this type of volatility.  Even the airlines don't bounce as much within a day.

We actually ate at Outback on Sunday.  Sitting in there with everyone distanced and compare it to the "old days" makes you realize what a challenge it will be until we get to the other side.  

4 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

Yeah, I can get over it. But when you're right about something (I did think it would be huge) and sold off because I moved to an entirely ETF plan. That kinda stings. 

Ouch part deux. I do remember when my IT guy at a job a while back told me he was going all in on Google when it IPO’d. I didn’t invest a penny. Not quite the same run up but still a 30-40x return that he handed me that I ignored. He was so sure and I’m sure he did phenomenally or he sold it too soon, who knows.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

Probably cost you a third,l comma

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Probably cost you a third,l comma

Most likely just This lake house.

But you never know these things.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ChiefD said:

Up to .19 now.

I’ll go in on another of these.  Should we fire up it’s own thread?

• Laughing 2

3 minutes ago, bshell27 said:

I’ll go in on another of these.  Should we fire up it’s own thread?

Yes I was just reading about that. Didn’t seem like special news. Any thoughts? Cheap enough but not interested in that 50 dollar fee. 

5 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Forever is a long time. Don’t see it. People like to leave their house and have an activity and many people are too lazy to do something interesting most of the time (not excluding myself from that)

23 minutes ago, Tool said:

Forever is a long time. Don’t see it. People like to leave their house and have an activity and many people are too lazy to do something interesting most of the time (not excluding myself from that)

A week is a long time for me.

• Laughing 2
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, BassNBrew said:

A week is a long time for me.

Two minutes is a long time.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Two minutes is a long time.

Whoa buddy...no need to bring my sex life into this.

• Laughing 6

Thoughts on the strategy of writing slightly out of the money covered calls on fairly stable (if there is such a thing in this market) high dividend paying stocks like utilities (WMB, PPL, VZ..) to hopefully ~double the effective dividend.

Good idea/bad idea/not worth the trouble?

3 minutes ago, Lacey said:

Thoughts on the strategy of writing slightly out of the money covered calls on fairly stable (if there is such a thing in this market) high dividend paying stocks like utilities (WMB, PPL, VZ..) to hopefully ~double the effective dividend.

Good idea/bad idea/not worth the trouble?

I do it all the time, usually two weeks out if they have weeklies. And like you said, only on stable ones.

My buddy who was in WKHS and then pointed me in the direction of MARK has another. He said this is more speculative than MARK, but (naturally) has more upside. Ticker is AERG and he has been buying in when it hits 0.30, don't know a ton about it - just passing on what he told me.

• Like 2

Any thoughts on LYSCF? 

Lynas Corporation is Australian company that just got a USGOV contract to open a rare earth metals mine in Texas, the only one of its kind outside China. Currently our advanced weapons systems (and lots of other tech) are dependent on China supplying these resources. 

Currently 1.77 OTC