What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (26 Viewers)

How long does it usually take a SPAC to find someone to merge with?  PSTH/U now has options which gives a way to get in to it a bit longer without tying up as much cash.  Furthest dated option is 3/19/2021 though which seems a bit soon for a SPAC to find a partner, no?
That does seem early — I know they’re usually given 18-24 months in the charter and often get extensions beyond that. I’m not planning on messing with PSTH for at least a year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Short term RLFTF in a pretty standard lower highs/lower lows channel.  I think the traders are in it now and just trading it into the channel.  Close to breaking out of it though.

Currently bouncing off that first support line almost to the micro-penny.  If it breaks the bearish channel off of that it would be a good sign.

I bought some after it went down a bit. I am a sucker for following along just so I have a vested interest in the conversation. Should have just bought yesterday, but I am often just a little late. Then again, I bought CYDY at $1, so while late, still can be good. Just a short term play and I've got my secure email open so I can work on getting my fee waived.

Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos this week has sold more than $3.1 billion worth of shares in his company, according to filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission compiled by OpenInsider.

The sales were part of a prearranged 10b5-1 trading plan, according to the filings. Earlier this year, Bezos sold more than $4.1 billion worth of shares in the company. The sales this week bring his total cash out in 2020 to slightly more than $7.2 billion so far. He still owns more than 54 million shares, worth more than $170 billion, making him the richest person in the world. 

By way of comparison, Bezos sold $2.8 billion worth of shares in 2019. Bezos has previously said he’s selling about $1 billion of Amazon stock a year to fund his space exploration company, Blue Origin.

Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos this week has sold more than $3.1 billion worth of shares in his company, according to filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission compiled by OpenInsider.

The sales were part of a prearranged 10b5-1 trading plan, according to the filings. Earlier this year, Bezos sold more than $4.1 billion worth of shares in the company. The sales this week bring his total cash out in 2020 to slightly more than $7.2 billion so far. He still owns more than 54 million shares, worth more than $170 billion, making him the richest person in the world. 

By way of comparison, Bezos sold $2.8 billion worth of shares in 2019. Bezos has previously said he’s selling about $1 billion of Amazon stock a year to fund his space exploration company, Blue Origin.
To us mortals, that is similar to selling stocks to buy a decent used car.

I was thinking how it’s going to get the piss shorted out of it but that $50 a trade for rlftf has to prevent some shorters right? Kinda wish I bought more now. 

I think a single commodity would be a poor choice for that, unless you call silver a. commodity. I think the fund I listed is designed to hedge a falling market.
I bought a small amount of your recommendation, and a larger position of DBC. Unfortunately, neither have coffee in their holdings I'll have to switch platforms to get any JO or MJ because Merrill sucks balls. 

My top 5 returns: 

AMD- 383%

IRBT- 306%

BAC- 296%

COST- 134%

AMRN- 76%

Of what I am currently holding. AMRN was a recent buy from their dip. BAC and IRBT have been long time holds. COST is a couple years old and AMD is prob about a year or so old. (I have some ugly buys too)

My top 5 returns: 

AMD- 383%

IRBT- 306%

BAC- 296%

COST- 134%

AMRN- 76%

Of what I am currently holding. AMRN was a recent buy from their dip. BAC and IRBT have been long time holds. COST is a couple years old and AMD is prob about a year or so old. (I have some ugly buys too)
It's probably a sign that I move my funds too often but my current largest gain is VUG, at 214% gain. 

Well, it was until RLFTF netted 300% in less than 2 days. 🤔

It's probably a sign that I move my funds too often but my current largest gain is VUG, at 214% gain. 

I've got Quest at 43% as my top dog.  That's less that my YTD return.

Nice! 

My best was TLRY. I don't even know what my return was when I sold. It prob was pushing 1,000% return... and kept going up after I sold before coming down. That was silly awesome. (I have lost about the same amount on other MJ stocks that I reinvested in and have taken a beating on)

AAPL
AMZN
DOCU
GOOGL
IIPR
NTRS
PYPL
SQ
TDOC

BABA

CEF

QCOM

EDV - LT treasury bond etf

GTBC

GSG - commodity etf

TAIL

Big bucket of previous metals AGF, SLV, NEM

Big Bucket of Contrarians UVXY FAZ  SPXU  DQLL SQQQ

Pretty bizarre mix. Newly retired and feel certain a correction is coming. A big one. I think I am positioned to withstand that, then revert to more traditional portfolio that I should get at a discount when this is all over.

I bought a small amount of your recommendation, and a larger position of DBC. Unfortunately, neither have coffee in their holdings I'll have to switch platforms to get any JO or MJ because Merrill sucks balls. 
First, it wasn't a recommendation. It's the etf I have  to hold a 7.5% position in commodities. If found it in the lazy portfolio I read about. I also try to keep at least 35% bonds be and 20% min in previous metals.

BABA

CEF

QCOM

EDV - LT treasury bond etf

GTBC

GSG - commodity etf

TAIL

Big bucket of previous metals AGF, SLV, NEM

Big Bucket of Contrarians UVXY FAZ  SPXU  DQLL SQQQ

Pretty bizarre mix. Newly retired and feel certain a correction is coming. A big one. I think I am positioned to withstand that, then revert to more traditional portfolio that I should get at a discount when this is all over.
"Don't time the market"

🙄 

I get it, I'm a bit nervous here too. We're not retired and will be fine as long as it's not a lost decade or two. But March sucked enough, don't really want to go through that again - as I'd suspect many feel the same. 

"Don't time the market"

🙄

I get it, I'm a bit nervous here too. We're not retired and will be fine as long as it's not a lost decade or two. But March sucked enough, don't really want to go through that again - as I'd suspect many feel the same. 
I'm certainly not timing it very well, as I have had some variation of this mix since April, while the market has roared back as if nothing happened and there will be no repercusions, since it was nobody's fault. 

I've got Quest at 43% as my top dog.  That's less that my YTD return.
You're the day trader here.

I've just switched brokerages too often. Except the TSP of course. My longest holdings at the same brokerage are the kids college funds which I've mostly left alone until this year.

I'm certainly not timing it very well, as I have had some variation of this mix since April, while the market has roared back as if nothing happened and there will be no repercusions, since it was nobody's fault. 
Fwiw, I told myself when we get back to Feb levels (our accounts, not the overall market) I'd cut to an overall 80/20. Which is nowhere near your allocation and probably not even that conservative. (For retirement planning, half our "assets" are the pension which is basically fixed income) But we're 90/10 now. It probably makes sense to move to our goal allocation now. Or at least move towards it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Fwiw, I told myself when we get back to Feb levels (our accounts, not the overall market) I'd cut to an overall 80/20. Which is nowhere near your allocation and probably not even that conservative. But we're 90/10 now. It probably makes sense to move to our goal allocation now. Or at least move towards it. 
Are you talking bond mix? 

I'm not sure that's a valid portfolio component with 0 rates. It's very confusing and difficult to predict. I don't know if there head ever been a period where a retiree should shun bonds. I'm unsure how much gold, Bitcoin and real estate I'm comfortable with dominating my portfolio

Fwiw, I told myself when we get back to Feb levels (our accounts, not the overall market) I'd cut to an overall 80/20. Which is nowhere near your allocation and probably not even that conservative. But we're 90/10 now. It probably makes sense to move to our goal allocation now. Or at least move towards it. 
Speaking of timing the market... I went all cash in February and bought a boatload of TVIX. So that turned out pretty well.

Are you talking bond mix? 

I'm not sure that's a valid portfolio component with 0 rates. It's very confusing and difficult to predict. I don't know if there head ever been a period where a retiree should shun bonds. I'm unsure how much gold, Bitcoin and real estate I'm comfortable with dominating my portfolio
20 being a combination of bonds, RE, and commodities. 

I have similar feelings with the bonds, but the bonds are for stabilization. Which can possibly be had with the other classes. 

It would be so much easier to just say "all in on VT" and stop thinking about it.

20 being a combination of bonds, RE, and commodities. 

I have similar feelings with the bonds, but the bonds are for stabilization. Which can possibly be had with the other classes. 

It would be so much easier to just say "all in on VT" and stop thinking about it.
I wish the govt sold inflation protected annuities.

Users who are viewing this thread