What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (16 Viewers)

Who is selling and who is holding?  I feel like this thing could just be getting started.
Bought 900 on a whim for. 19. I think I have 15_20k shares now at about. 56. Holding. Maybe still accumulating. My fidelity 401 to IRA conversation about would not let me but more than 4999. Bought all the rest in TD without the $50 fee.

Bought 900 on a whim for. 19. I think I have 15_20k shares now at about. 56. Holding. Maybe still accumulating. My fidelity 401 to IRA conversation about would not let me but more than 4999. Bought all the rest in TD without the $50 fee.
They charge 6.95 for the OTC fee and then $15 for the FTF. 
took a day for the 15 to show up in mine. 

I have a purchase today showing up for $143 with no commission but the cost basis on my fidelity positions page shows $193.  Is this something I should be concerned about? 

I don't want to work, much less for the govt. But I would consider buying an extra 10k /mo for x amount. 
I haven't ever looked into annuities, but I've heard that you can buy inflation adjusted ones. But they often aren't worth the price.

Annuities are largely designed to make money for the people who sell them. But there are exceptions, and they can make sense depending on situation. I haven't researched reverse mortgages, but I suspect they can be similarly categorized.

I haven't ever looked into annuities, but I've heard that you can buy inflation adjusted ones. But they often aren't worth the price.
I don't trust annuities. at least the guys holding the money and promising to pay me back. What happens if it goes broke through no fault of their own. F that

McBokonon said:
The Quicken Loans IPO $RKT is tomorrow. Anybody thinking about getting in? I’m not sure I have a spot for it.
I was thinking to hold off for the big run up, then dump.  but I thought I'd try 100 shares and got them at $18.  Thanks

Watch how the executive order tonight about TikToc and ByteDance can have knock on effects. Some commentators have said it seems to ban business with Tencent as well. Tencent is one of the largest companies in the world and owns significant stakes in many video game developers in the US.

Watch how the executive order tonight about TikToc and ByteDance can have knock on effects. Some commentators have said it seems to ban business with Tencent as well. Tencent is one of the largest companies in the world and owns significant stakes in many video game developers in the US.
Tencent has a 20 or 30% stake in SE, too.

We can’t get rid of this Banana Republic [REDACTED TO AVOID ANOTHER LENGTHY TIMEOUT] fast enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone in Fitbit?  It's all hinging on the Google buyout, which should get approval but EU could slow it down.  Apparently, once that happens all the shares get bought out for $7.35 the agreed upon sale price to Google. 

Watch Trump force Hasbro or Disney to buy them.  "These are wonderful games, some of the best video games around.  Barron loves them!  we just want them to be American and they are going to pay us..."

So do I eat my losses on Fastly and move on?
I’d wait until TikTok is sold or it’s resolved. The bad is built in so you’d probably get a pop if good news happens. I’m also in a different place as I’m still up 422% on FSLY so I’m willing to ride out some ups and downs. Heck, earlier in July it was in the 70s.

I got whacked again last night with Alteryx. Down 20% but only about a 1/3 of the holding FSLY was. My cost basis is $100 so still up 40% even with the drop and Alteryx is one of the few techs I have where their business was legitimately impacted by CV. Not every software/hardware company got through unscathed. I think the more enterprise type software lost business due to budget cuts/layoffs. Still beat estimates but lowered ones. I’m holding as they should get a nice bump when companies return to spending.

TTD did well so hopefully that covers most of AYX since I’ve got way more of that.

Nonfarm payrolls increased by 1.763 million in July and the unemployment rate fell to 10.2%.

Both numbers were better than respective Wall Street forecasts of 1.48 million and 10.6%.
Amazing what happens when the incentive not to work is going away.  Hopefully the next package is a happy medium of taking care of displaced workers but not to the point that it would be stupid to go to work.

Company called tZERO has plans to fix this. Lofty goal, but the old ways need to die. We aren’t doing transactions via NYC bike messengers these days, but it’s not too far from it.
Good.  I can buy and sell intraday today, but I'm not supposed to sell most of what I bought yesterday until Monday.  That seems really dumb.

RLFLAMFAO looks to be down about 12% pre-market, but VERY low volume. 

Anybody got a buy target in mind?  I don't know if it will retrace all the way back into the .50s, but if it does, I think Imma buy.

RLFLAMFAO looks to be down about 12% pre-market, but VERY low volume. 

Anybody got a buy target in mind?  I don't know if it will retrace all the way back into the .50s, but if it does, I think Imma buy.
I'm going to start dripping off some CYDY. Time to just cut some bait there and apply it somewhere else.

CYDY looks like a REALLY long play to me, and that money can make up some ground other places without the frustration. 

I'm going to start dripping off some CYDY. Time to just cut some bait there and apply it somewhere else.

CYDY looks like a REALLY long play to me, and that money can make up some ground other places without the frustration. 
I don't disagree with you.  I am just so damn stubborn, I don't want to take a loss.

I am holding way more than I want right now, but that is for another thread.  

RLFTF now at .66 pre market  bid .8  ask .628.  Should be an interesting open in a few minutes

I don't disagree with you.  I am just so damn stubborn, I don't want to take a loss.

I am holding way more than I want right now, but that is for another thread.  
Yeah, this is why I've hung in so long.

I do have some shares I bought in the 4:40 range and low 5's, so those will go first just to recoup some positive/break even dough. 

PENN at almost $50. I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry. Those $50 call options may be in the money. Although adding some more shorts in the $40 to bring my basis up. 

I'm crying
WYNN is down today. You still like that trade? Even MGM has Asian exposure. Need to look at valuation but pretty sure PENN is getting close to being as 'valuable' as WYNN. Seeing as how well the US is handling this, Japan is sending fans to baseball games whereas we won't have a season, it may make sense to buy some international gaming exposure. 

I’d wait until TikTok is sold or it’s resolved. The bad is built in so you’d probably get a pop if good news happens. I’m also in a different place as I’m still up 422% on FSLY so I’m willing to ride out some ups and downs. Heck, earlier in July it was in the 70s.
Kind of bizarre to me that FSLY can get crushed day after day because of the potential that they MIGHT lose a contract that makes up 12% of their business.

Meanwhile a few days ago LVGO actually DID lose a contract that made up 18% of their business and the stock was up bigly on the day.

Just crazy in this market the potential for bad news hanging out there is worse than the actual bad news happening and being over and done with.

NET is up around 5%-6%, basically the only one out of FSLY, DDOG, FTNT, AYX, etc. that reported earnings, beat numbers, and isn’t getting taken to the woodshed, though it didn’t have the same kind of run. Call was very bullish, doing a lot of hiring.

Kind of bizarre to me that FSLY can get crushed day after day because of the potential that they MIGHT lose a contract that makes up 12% of their business.

Meanwhile a few days ago LVGO actually DID lose a contract that made up 18% of their business and the stock was up bigly on the day.

Just crazy in this market the potential for bad news hanging out there is worse than the actual bad news happening and being over and done with.
Alteryx beat top and bottom and had 17% growing revenues, drops 25%. Disney misses top line estimates by $1B, drops revenue by 50% and is up 10%. It’s never that simple. As soon as stocks move the herd/algos get involved and the fun starts. ROKU was very cautious last quarter and earnings were great and the stock went down. Same thing this time although I’m between it gained a ton. Earnings can be all over the place in terms of reactions but then cooler minds take over. 

Users who are viewing this thread