What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (11 Viewers)

30% is far too much in EM, IMO. but some diversity makes sense. I get that the US companies both have done well and many have large international exposure, and the world is more connected than ever. But I figure the US will stop being King at some point. Hopefully not in our lifetimes but I think we'd be fools to think it's impossible for us to start falling relative to other countries, or to overlook the chances that other countries grow faster than the US over the next 50 years. 
Yeah I keep going back and forth on this. I feel the same but nailing the time frame is tough. 

So how do we get in on the IPO? 🤣🤣
By the way, I'll let you know if I hear about this one. I would definitely invest just because I'm sure it would pop. This week, I threw in for Academy Sports and Immunome as IPOs that price on Thursday, so should IPO on Friday.

By the way, I'll let you know if I hear about this one. I would definitely invest just because I'm sure it would pop. This week, I threw in for Academy Sports and Immunome as IPOs that price on Thursday, so should IPO on Friday.
Are you sticking to the holding period so you get access to later IPOs or do you not have that restriction?

Good point and I will do that at times.  I'm not really bummed about this one since I believe it will hit 30 again and really wasn't expecting 27.50 to hit today.  DPHC can swing so much in a day that had it hit I would have set a buy limit right away on for a downswing.  
FWIW, I'm not selling this one yet. Target price is more in the $60+ range. Maybe higher. May take some off the table at $45-50, but mostly sitting on it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sticking to the holding period so you get access to later IPOs or do you not have that restriction?
Yep. 15 days, definitely want to keep getting access. I think the Laird Super Foods one, I'll keep for a while, but the Pactive one I will be selling soon.

Sold my AMZN up 5% or so.  no more margin, sold it all.

Just keeping my pot plays through the election.

Holding HRVSF about even and MJ down 16%

Adding MJ tomorrow

Also, I'm not just making stuff up. Can't get into details but unless you are day trading this my move would be to hold. But I also realize I'm just some random guy from the internet with zero track record, so there's that. 
You’re still talking dphc here? Sorry had a few vodka drinks tonight 

Ok what’s the deal should I be going all in on dphc? Other than them being a shell company with no revenues, huge losses, and the polish hammer saying “ trust me, wink wink”, anything else I need to know?

Ok what’s the deal should I be going all in on dphc? Other than them being a shell company with no revenues, huge losses, and the polish hammer saying “ trust me, wink wink”, anything else I need to know?
Sounds up our ally.  im in 🍺

Yeah I keep going back and forth on this. I feel the same but nailing the time frame is tough. 
My thought is that it's more useful to just keep an eye on the relative markets (domestic and International) and move more into international when a trend starts forming. Sure, you might miss some on the way up but the international markets as a whole are slower moving because there are so many equities that just waiting for a 2-3 quarter trend of them doing better than they have is enough to then start accumulating. 

FWIW, I'm not selling this one yet. Target price is more in the $60+ range. Maybe higher. May take some off the table at $45-50, but mostly sitting on it. 
Thanks, I also have DPHCU in my Roth that I'm planning to go long on and see through the unit conversions.  

Only speaking on the interview that guy had a thing for Andrew
Didn’t see the interview, just making the joke. But looking at it now and it seems like Martha is on the board for AppHarvest, who is merging with a SPAC already listed - $NOVS. Up 25% in premarket to 12.75 for those who like to play these.

NajehHejan said:
They are going to merge with Lordstown Motors, then trade under a new ticker, RIDE. Unlike Nikola they have an actual manufacturing base with real vehicles and 40,000 preorders. And support from GM. If you look at the multiple that Nikola had reached, it gives you an idea of what DPHC can turn into. That's why I'm holding tight. Merger had been scheduled (I think) for Q4 of this year. Nothing significant seems to be in the way of it occurring at this point. I mean, the whole market could tank, but then that's the whole market.

Again, I'm a total newbie at this and generally following the lead of a friend of mine. But the research I've since done checks out on this.

I thought this one actually made a case for EM, but I don't recall. Listened to another yesterday that definitely pointed to EM in an inflationary environ (together with PMs, commodities).
I would say regarding international exposure that EM makes more sense to me than huge, established companies and markets, in terms of correlation with the US. 

FLGT up nicely
SMH. I made a nice chunk of change on that but darn it if I shouldn’t have just held on. Oh well. I also watched it go a couple bucks under my sell price. I think my worst calls so far have all been selling too soon. LK sucked but it was a small investment and heck even my free IPO money covered that loss. It’s funny because there have been other stocks like APPN and SWAV where they dipped well below where I bought but hung on and now I’m up 30-40% and I’ve only owned them for 11-14 months so in the end great returns for that timeframe. I just gotta remember why I bought and split fundamentals issues like LK and just share price drops.

CNBC yesterday evening with all four or five gentlemen heavily pimping Medtronic. Rarely have I seen them so unanimously effusive. Trading around $102. Pays a 2% dividend. Lots of free cash flow. A bit rich at P/E of 31 but what isn’t?

With such a low beta (0.69), I am thinking about a long term call. The January 2022, $80 strike call is selling for $26.40. That’s a break even of $106.40. Very reasonably priced calls, albeit the dividend hurts. Just wanted to put this trade out there. Good luck to all. 

CNBC yesterday evening with all four or five gentlemen heavily pimping Medtronic. Rarely have I seen them so unanimously effusive. Trading around $102. Pays a 2% dividend. Lots of free cash flow. A bit rich at P/E of 31 but what isn’t?

With such a low beta (0.69), I am thinking about a long term call. The January 2022, $80 strike call is selling for $26.40. That’s a break even of $106.40. Very reasonably priced calls, albeit the dividend hurts. Just wanted to put this trade out there. Good luck to all. 
I'm not qualified to evaluate the trade, but MDT is rock-solid if you're looking for exposure to medical devices. And although the dividend hurts you in this case, it helps to make the stock popular,  because they can be hard to come by in this sector.

Most, not all. Yes, I'm looking at you BEEM.🤬
They aren’t really a solar stock. They are an EV stock, more specifically an EV charging stock. The more I think about it, the less I like them. I think there will be other companies making way more inroads in energy storage and solar breakthroughs that they’ll be a very very niche market or just disappear.

There’s a bunch of true solar stocks out there if you are looking. My big one is SEDG.

They aren’t really a solar stock. They are an EV stock, more specifically an EV charging stock. The more I think about it, the less I like them. I think there will be other companies making way more inroads in energy storage and solar breakthroughs that they’ll be a very very niche market or just disappear.

There’s a bunch of true solar stocks out there if you are looking. My big one is SEDG.
Thanks for your input. I've got a handful of stocks like this where I'm down 10-20% on average and have been waiting to see if I can get back to even before selling. Half tempted to sell everything regardless of haircut just to reinforce plan of sticking with the ratio of spy, metals, bonds, etc as mentioned before (taking emotion out of trading/investing). Also can't shake the feeling the markets going to #### the bed before the election. I know, I know, the market usually does the opposite of what the herd thinks. 

Thanks for your input. I've got a handful of stocks like this where I'm down 10-20% on average and have been waiting to see if I can get back to even before selling. Half tempted to sell everything regardless of haircut just to reinforce plan of sticking with the ratio of spy, metals, bonds, etc as mentioned before (taking emotion out of trading/investing). Also can't shake the feeling the markets going to #### the bed before the election. I know, I know, the market usually does the opposite of what the heard thinks. 
Obviously your decision but I know the stocks you’ve mentioned are very speculative. I owned a bunch of CYDY for a while but the amount invested was still around 2% of my portfolio. It got to a lot more but I was never negative at any point. I’ve got some SPACs and some speculative stocks but the risky stuff is less than 1%. I’ve limited the upside if they go nuts but at this point I’m looking for 10%+ yearly gains to try and double my portfolio in 5-10 years and be done working. Not sure if I’ll get there but that’s my goal. It’s hard to think like that with some individual stocks going crazy. People nowadays aren’t looking for slow normal yearly gains.

Also, it’s herd and I’ll be honest I was assuming you were going to say the market always does the opposite of what you think. ;)  

I used to work for them. Have a decent chunk of the stock as a result. Very solid company that is well run, fairly diversified, and financially sound. How high they can go over time I'm really not sure, but they don't strike me as the kind of company you'll lose money on in the long haul.

What are people doing with RLFTF?  Anyone still holding?  What's the longer-term outlook?
Congressman and doctor Andy Harris has been talking up RLF-100's potential.   He is on NeuroRX's DSMB.  NeuroRX is the company working with RLFTF on RLF-100.  Harris has been very anti-mask, anti-Stay-at-Home, and very pro-Trump.  He is friends with Dr. Javitt from their time working together at Johns Hopkins.  Harris clearly has connections that could help get an EUA.  Dr Javitt applied for an EUA last week.  I think it's based on the results of the first 4 patients so it might be a longshot.  But maybe not with Andy Harris and the Covid situation looking dire.  RLF-100 has been around since the 1970's so its safety profile is well-established.  It's also an incredibly cheap drug to produce which would benefit everyone involved.  Dr Javitt will be interviewed by Dr YoMTVraps! tomorrow at 9:00 AM EST.  Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKwoVEB7dk8

Ok, since there wasn’t much online that I could find, anyone know about Immunome or Oncorus? Both available as IPOs and cancer treatments in very early stages. Immunome is antibodies so similar to Humanigen/Cytodyn. Oncorus looks like viral delivery. Not really sure I want to go down that road again.

Obviously your decision but I know the stocks you’ve mentioned are very speculative. I owned a bunch of CYDY for a while but the amount invested was still around 2% of my portfolio. It got to a lot more but I was never negative at any point. I’ve got some SPACs and some speculative stocks but the risky stuff is less than 1%. I’ve limited the upside if they go nuts but at this point I’m looking for 10%+ yearly gains to try and double my portfolio in 5-10 years and be done working. Not sure if I’ll get there but that’s my goal. It’s hard to think like that with some individual stocks going crazy. People nowadays aren’t looking for slow normal yearly gains.

Also, it’s herd and I’ll be honest I was assuming you were going to say the market always does the opposite of what you think. ;)  
Yeah, I appreciate what you're saying. Multi tasking isnt the best for spelling correctly.😉

What are people doing with RLFTF?  Anyone still holding?  What's the longer-term outlook?
I’m still in it and will stay in it for awhile.

Also thinking about upping my stake a bit in RVVTF as well. I’m in so cheap with both of these that it is worth the gamble.

Users who are viewing this thread