What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (4 Viewers)

So Cramer did a “deep dive” on $NNOX last night, and by “deep” I mean “shallow AF.” Basically just gave a recap of events, mentioned the short sellers, said they were smart but didn’t agree or disagree, said they have a binary event (the demonstration at the conference) which is more risk than he can handle, and basically didn’t take a stand. I think that’s why it’s getting dinged today.

So Cramer did a “deep dive” on $NNOX last night, and by “deep” I mean “shallow AF.” Basically just gave a recap of events, mentioned the short sellers, said they were smart but didn’t agree or disagree, said they have a binary event (the demonstration at the conference) which is more risk than he can handle, and basically didn’t take a stand. I think that’s why it’s getting dinged today.
I forgot, he did say he thought management did a good job of responding.

Every time I do a ticker search on Twitter anymore, it seems like it’s 80% people telling me to sign up on WeBull or join a discord chat. 

So, what is your strategy for a stock like this? Or anyone else for that matter?

Do you guys hold this for a home run (say over $1 a share), or if it hits .10 you get out?
I think they said this will get into the dimes (so I'm out at .10 if it gets there).  

All you penny stock chasers - got an alert from an online acquaintance on CBBT - scooped up a small amount at .007 - he thinks it can run well into the dimes - don't know much about it but he has a great track record on these so if you want to throw some play money into it, go for it. Something about a letter of intent to buy another company (yes, I know that's usually fake news or misleading) and something about an ex Apple executive investing through notes convertible at .10  -  sure, he could be a bad apple  :)
CBBT just hit $0.021.  It has tripled since you bought!

McBokonon said:
It sure seems that way. I’m holding off, want them to show me a quarter. If I have to catch them on the way back up, that’s ok.
Had a not so good day today since some of the tech high fliers came down a bit and some of the SPAC type stocks got hit, but I’m going to pause for a bit. Between the ZM and FSLY sales (seem to be timed well so far), I’ve freed up a nice amount of cash to see if any deals arise. I think I’ve got enough in SPAC/IPO stuff to not double down on anything, so more long term holdings. Definitely feel like it might be a little rougher on some earnings. TSM is something I bought pre earnings last week (or week before) and they beat bottom and top lines be a good margin and the stock is flat. I think that unless you have a ZM like blowout for a stock that’s popped this year it could be a down day.

@Todem EXC has been a huge win.  Do you have an exit point or and other under valued utility companies we could diversify into?
Huge? It’s up 10% since he recommended. That’s nice but pretty sure he had a much higher target closer to $60 on it. It’s diversification for me but why get out so soon?

Huge? It’s up 10% since he recommended. That’s nice but pretty sure he had a much higher target closer to $60 on it. It’s diversification for me but why get out so soon?
I'm up 16% in one account and  24% in another.  That's big for me for a utility.  My target was $50, but I'll gladly take the profits like we did on PPL and move into something else.

It hit $0.022 today.  That is pi times more than your initial investment of $0.007.
Love the pi reference. I treaded carefully and bought 250,000 shares (of course wish I bought 1,000,000) so I’m tempted to hold for a possible buck or just watch it go to zero. 

I’m holding CBBT for at least a dime. May actually buy more at .02. Might hit a buck but probably not. 
I'll caution you to not get greedy. The market cap of this company is $2.8M, yes, not quite 3 million and that's after tripling. There's no real news. What could they possibly be acquiring with that market cap? Congrats on the run up, but if CYDY taught me anything, it's set an exit price that isn't crazy. I remember getting chastised for saying I'd be happy with a $9 buyout when the stock was around $3 and hadn't run up. I still made a real nice amount and sold at the next two peaks after the top, but had I stuck with that thought, I would have gotten out at the top. People were saying, no, a buyout at $9 would suck because it could go to $20. The day it went over $9 was the only day at that price.

This isn't a good company with great future prospects. It's a small enough company that people getting enough folks interested, like yourself, you could actually move the price. Problem is, when others feel they got enough, it could lose a large percentage over night.

Also, getting to a buck would mean an over 100x jump. That's not a common thing and typically it's a juggernaut like Netflix, Tesla or Amazon. Not a stock with no earnings reported since 2018 that is acquiring a teensy/nothing company.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys I think I found our next money maker.  SESN. It’s a stock I made some money on in 2018 then moved on but kept it on my watch list. It seems to be picking up steam again as it gets closer to possible FDA approval for its bladder cancer drug Vicinium, which is in phase 3. They just signed an exclusivity agreement with Cardinal Health for third party logistics related to Vicinium. As you guys know these things take a while so folks get impatient and the stock sells off, the company dilutes a bit for cash, etc so the stock chart can look ugly with a slow and steady decline for a year or two. It could still go down a bit but I have the feeling we’re in the early parts of the Phoenix rising stage. I’m not up to speed on how much cash they have on hand, need to do more research. They may have announced the Cardinal Health PR so they can dilute some. I’m taking a starting position tomorrow and am looking to accumulate at least $10,000 worth. I think this is worthy of returning moatloads. 

Interesting. I got a rec for Square in June (it was at $80 SMH). It seems way too rich now for me to buy, kind of like SE. I like it but I missed the boat thinking it wouldn’t keep going up. If JPM can undercut and provide the same service then that could be interesting. JPM obviously has a lower multiple but SQ is growing way faster with a fraction of the revenue. That said, SQ has slightly more than 1/4 the market cap.

There seems to be a full-on assault on $SQ this morning. There’s this, Paypal launching a crypto service, and Visa rolling out tap to phone payments - all three of these are in the news this morning.

This tells me, yes, competition, but also that Square knows what they’re doing and everyone else is playing catch-up. 

Guys I think I found our next money maker.  SESN. It’s a stock I made some money on in 2018 then moved on but kept it on my watch list. It seems to be picking up steam again as it gets closer to possible FDA approval for its bladder cancer drug Vicinium, which is in phase 3. They just signed an exclusivity agreement with Cardinal Health for third party logistics related to Vicinium. As you guys know these things take a while so folks get impatient and the stock sells off, the company dilutes a bit for cash, etc so the stock chart can look ugly with a slow and steady decline for a year or two. It could still go down a bit but I have the feeling we’re in the early parts of the Phoenix rising stage. I’m not up to speed on how much cash they have on hand, need to do more research. They may have announced the Cardinal Health PR so they can dilute some. I’m taking a starting position tomorrow and am looking to accumulate at least $10,000 worth. I think this is worthy of returning moatloads. 
Bought 10,000 SESN at 1.21. Long term hold for me. Will buy another 10,000 if drops below 1.00

High flying tech having their semi-monthly sell off. 

$NNOX catalysts are first FDA decision (Any day?) and their demo 12/2. Both binary events (FDA could have others like asking for more info.) Might want to just ignore it until then or sell it if you’re watching it every day. It’s better to think of it as a biotech with no product waiting for approval or denial. 

I'm surprised this didn't cause a pop in stock price today.  I guess everyone is focused on the effect of the stimulus bill.
Everyone hates financials and this feels like when JPM decided to stop badmouthing crypto or tried their own payment app way after the fact (ChasePay which is discontinued) - they're late on some things and they haven't always executed. Great bank, best in class and all, but this feels reactionary. 

DHT in the low $4.90s.  Just added another nice stash but keeping ammo to load up lower.  P/E now at 3.09.   :lol:    Yearly dividend $1.92.  They can cut this in half and it's still a table pounding buy.

Sold half (2,500) at $2.40 this morning, up ~50% from $1.63. Just bought them back for $1.71. 

I only share good news. 
Probably should have taken the quick 20% but I’m not a good day trader. Too many meetings/work. It’s back at $2 so I’m basically flat. I’m just waiting for the data because it’s either going to be a nice pop or a sell and forget!

I really hate these short term stocks like NNOX as well, although with good news they could actually turn into longer term stocks. They move so much and you spend way too much time watching them.

Users who are viewing this thread