What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (8 Viewers)

lol GILD went up $0.50 when they announced FDA approval for remdisivir and then $5 when CNBC mentioned it like 20 minutes later.

beef said:
• Limelight Networks (NASDAQ:LLNW) is expected to report quarterly earnings at $0.02 per share on revenue of $58.94 million.

They report after the bell today.  Something get leaked saying they missed?  Opened at 6.22, now under 6.

DCA, wait for $4/sh, or run?    

Edit:  I ran.  Double whammy of missing earnings and cutting future guidance.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Good catch earlier.  Should have bailed.

Longer term the uptick in revenue looks good.  Amazon and Tesla bled money for years and went up on revenue increases.

Damn, been a bit of a bad week. I need to start sticking to the main stocks I like and not taking chances. I don’t think the results were awful, but we are in a you need to blow out area.  

Damn, been a bit of a bad week. I need to start sticking to the main stocks I like and not taking chances. I don’t think the results were awful, but we are in a you need to blow out area.  
I'll keep LLNW on the watchlist for a future run.  You're right, they didn't miss that bad.  Seems like a bit of an over-reaction to drop under $5.  

So how does this after hours trading work for Fidelity?  I put in an order on LLNW.  Nothing happening.   I did set a limit though.

However, I bought 1 share at market, nothing happening

So how does this after hours trading work for Fidelity?  I put in an order on LLNW.  Nothing happening.   I did set a limit though.

However, I bought 1 share at market, nothing happening
You have to go through a totally different menu on Fidelity for after hours.  At least that's how it works in their software (not sure about on the website).

In ActiveTrader you go to "Trades & Orders -> Directed Trades and Extended Hours" and put your trade in using the window that pops up from that.

You also cannot do a market order after hours.  Has to be a limit order.

You have to go through a totally different menu on Fidelity for after hours.  At least that's how it works in their software (not sure about on the website).

In ActiveTrader you go to "Trades & Orders -> Directed Trades and Extended Hours" and put your trade in using the window that pops up from that.

You also cannot do a market order after hours.  Has to be a limit order.
Cool will try.  Thanks

What caused it to gap down today?
They basically reported in line revenue and earnings and had no news on 7nm production. That latter part is where AMD is eating their lunch. Last quarter they also beat numbers hence the pop. While they exceeded numbers, it's just not a good future call. That’s why they are down. It’s starting to look like an old tech stock which is more of a dividend type stock and not a growth one.

I should have bought more Ford when I did a few months ago. It's been doing well. 

ACI (Albertson's beat with 60 cents vs. 26 consensus.  Barely a yawn.  At 40 cents a quarter moving forward you have a 9 P/E ratio, well below the industry average.

anyone getting back into FSLY?
Not me. I sold 75% at $135 and I’m Ok with the 100ish shares left. I had no idea about the revenue guidance down a couple days later but I already thought it was frothy and that’s why I sold. I wish I sold it all but I’m good with what I have left and letting it ride for a few years.

:lol:

No. I was being sarcastic - as in - it's really nice getting kicked in the sack today by my portfolio. 
Lol. I’ve barely ever paid attention to it, but it was on some Motley Fool list at one point so I immediately assumed it was that company. I was pondering what I was missing. No earnings reported, no bad news, legitimately stumped.

ACI (Albertson's beat with 60 cents vs. 26 consensus.  Barely a yawn.  At 40 cents a quarter moving forward you have a 9 P/E ratio, well below the industry average.
I feel like I remember reading something about how they have a ton of debt compared to their competition though?

Fidelity analyst score - Very Bearish....and Very Wrong

Just dumped that last share as I don't see it dropping to a range I feel comfortable again.  I really don't see what's changed to increase the price by 30% in the last month or two while the banks languish.
I'm tempted to sell off my long term shares of DFS at this value. 

Probably won't, but it's tempting to move from DFS, possibly add KO or just to the other companies already on the list. 

Anyone buying LLNW near 4.30?
Thinking about it. I mean they are selling right now for 2.5 times revenue and they should have 15% growth in revenue this year over last year. SNOW is growing a bit over 100% but their price to sales is 200. People are jumping ship and SNOW is clearly a better company, but stock price wise SNOW has a 2 PS/Growth and LLNW is 0.2. Again, some stocks have built in premiums but that’s a factor of 10 difference.

They exceeded the revenue numbers but from the report they were clearly investing in more edge computing and missed the earnings. Compared to most tech stocks, with a caveat that they aren’t growing gangbusters like some tech stocks, their price to sales is really low. I think I may buy some more to lower the cost basis since I only bought a 1/3 to 1/4 share. It could be a nice hold for a year or so and easily double from here.

Anyone buying LLNW near 4.30?
Just doubled up around 4.20. Only $2k, lowers my basis and from what I read they missed earnings because of some sort of debt reduction/offering which reduced earnings by exactly how much they missed but also gives them more capital to make more investments. That’s a type of miss that’s OK so I think beating revenue still growing by 15% is well worth buying a 32% drop.

Just doubled up around 4.20. Only $2k, lowers my basis and from what I read they missed earnings because of some sort of debt reduction/offering which reduced earnings by exactly how much they missed but also gives them more capital to make more investments. That’s a type of miss that’s OK so I think beating revenue still growing by 15% is well worth buying a 32% drop.
doubled mine too, down to 5.19, has some work to do.

doubled mine too, down to 5.19, has some work to do.
At this point it’s a longer term hold. If the investments they are making get them to a consistent 15-20% growth, the stocks really cheap. As I posted above a stock growing even 15% a year should have a bigger than 2.5 price to sales multiple in tech. Definitely won’t change much until the next earnings.

Started a position in $IPHI. 5g play, picks and shovels. Not expecting any major pops soon, just want to add on pullbacks over the next 6 months or so.

Well, it was nice to beat the market today. Surprised to be up about 1% with LLNW and DOHC ####ting all over themselves.

DPHC changes tickers on Monday.  Seems like lately SPACs have been fading pretty hard after the ticker change (HYLN, VLDR, TTCF).  Maybe people were selling in anticipation of that.

Users who are viewing this thread