What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (12 Viewers)

I sold that when it popped to .63 weeks ago after cutting lose the last of my CYDY.
Nice. I have so little in it dollar wise since my cost basis is only .22

So I can wait it out some. Looks like the news today is similar to what we have seen everywhere on these therapeutics - it may be awhile yet before we see approval on anything. 

My first attempt at this, so be gentle.

CLCT 

Could be a fun one to watch. The parent company of PSA, the leading card grading company. Already insanely increased the last six months, but the company just announced a ton of new price increases and they are still so backlogged they can charge whatever they want.

This bubble of sports cards might pop at anytime, but there is still a ton of long term buzz over not only sports cards, but Pokemon, MTG cards and even things like Garbage Pail Kids cards. All of us old guys with money to burn are dipping into nostalgia and the want for those pieces of cardboard to be graded and value locked in has never been higher. Sports cards are the new art investments.
Beginner's luck. Up 17% today based on a solid earnings call. Still think this one gets to $100 a share.

What happened with them? 
From what I can tell something got published in Sweden about test results coming the first of the year. I think people were expecting results in October and then approval shortly thereafter.  That's based off what I could find on the Yahoo message board.

So it looks to me like people panicking and just selling off, but I really have no idea. To me it looks like all the others - the FDA is waiting to approve these therapeutics, or at least get them into more people's hands and are just being patient waiting on data. 

Everyone should drink today whenever they hear a CNBC host utter the words "The election results are already priced in".  

What a day.  NRGU and the inverse NRGD are both up.  Nordstrom posed 10%, ING and INN both up over 5% today alone.  

My first attempt at this, so be gentle.

CLCT 

Could be a fun one to watch. The parent company of PSA, the leading card grading company. Already insanely increased the last six months, but the company just announced a ton of new price increases and they are still so backlogged they can charge whatever they want.

This bubble of sports cards might pop at anytime, but there is still a ton of long term buzz over not only sports cards, but Pokemon, MTG cards and even things like Garbage Pail Kids cards. All of us old guys with money to burn are dipping into nostalgia and the want for those pieces of cardboard to be graded and value locked in has never been higher. Sports cards are the new art investments.
Bought this at $58.26.  Big pop today and sitting at $69.45.  Nice work there, Bogie!  @Bogart

RLFTF took a big dump at the open.

Coming back now. Sort of. 
I just bought back into RLFTF.  Huge bargain at 40 cents.  It has the most potential of any of the Small Pharma anti-Covid stocks in my mind.  Great anecdotal evidence and super cheap and easy to make.  And a Trump buddy on the DSMC.

Finally going for a RIDE today!

Was there news?  I am still underwater on it but thinking of getting out on the pop before it fades back to 13 and I kick myself for trying to wait for break even.

Was there news?  I am still underwater on it but thinking of getting out on the pop before it fades back to 13 and I kick myself for trying to wait for break even.
No news, just a general good day and stocks like that which took a complete dump going up nicely. Still underwater as well but I’m not sure if this is the end of a short term rally. It’s a long term stock. If you don’t think you’ll hold till late next year when they actually have product then today’s a good exit.

I meant to post earlier but I sold a bunch of Uber/Lyft puts today.  California voting decision plus upcoming earnings have IV sky high, and even in worst case scenario I am OK getting assigned owning a bunch of Uber with a cost basis in the high 20's and Lyft the high teens after premium collected is factored in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy Moly....

NASDAQ 100 Fut (Dec'20) (@ND.1:CME:Index and Options Market) 

+ WATCHLIST

*Data is delayed | USD

Last | 10:17:47 PM ESTVolume

+441.25 (+3.92%)

Trump way ahead now looks like futures traders are anticipating that means covid will be with us for a while and stay at home stocks get another run.

Holy Moly....

NASDAQ 100 Fut (Dec'20) (@ND.1:CME:Index and Options Market) 

+ WATCHLIST

*Data is delayed | USD

Last | 10:17:47 PM ESTVolume

+441.25 (+3.92%)
I should have just pushed all in.  This Trump thing was so predictable.  People are beyond stupid and polls are useless. 

Trump way ahead now looks like futures traders are anticipating that means covid will be with us for a while and stay at home stocks get another run.
I think stay at home stocks are here to stay. Not quite the same runs but like I replied not that long ago, I’d never take BAC over AMZN over the next 5-10 years.

Hope you held it. Pre-market up over 10% again. No idea if it holds but usually this close to opening the pre-market is pretty accurate for opening.

Spoke too soon. Still solid but only up 6%. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope you held it. Pre-market up over 10% again. No idea if it holds but usually this close to opening the pre-market is pretty accurate for opening.

Spoke too soon. Still solid but only up 6%. 
Never mind up over 13%. Tempted to sell some stuff but a divided government is typically a good thing.

I could have unloaded UVXY at the open for a 1% loss, and perhaps I should have. I'm actually pretty happy to be wrong, so far, and I'm willing to be wrong through the week, I think.

I bought into some TQQQ and SOXL on a dip a while back.  Does anyone hold these longer term or look to exit quickly?  While more risky, seems like if you like QQQ you would love TQQQ or am I missing something?

I could have unloaded UVXY at the open for a 1% loss, and perhaps I should have. I'm actually pretty happy to be wrong, so far, and I'm willing to be wrong through the week, I think.
I'm down 12% on this.  I'm OK with that, it's a small hedge.  I feel better holding that over selling stocks to raise cash.

What I'm not happy with is getting cute on NRGD with a limit order.  Should have taken the market order when it was lagging NRGU's direction.

Finally a great day. Up almost 5%. I’m sure it won’t end that way, but cuts the losses in half from the peak. Still so unsure about trimming some stuff after watching SEDG lose 30%+ from peak. FSLY and ZM were my first good trims this year. I reinvested nicely on those sales and some before but I’ve had some (TTD in particular) where I sold a big chunk and it skyrocketed.

Anyone else Living still in lock down mode?
Depends on lock down. Not picking up food and still wiping down delivered stuff, no. Wearing masks and trying to be safe in a small circle, yes. Kids going to school two days and wife is safe but doing more. It’s been 8-9 months now, I couldn’t imagine having been truly locked down. I’m already looking forward to our multi-family house on the beach in Hilton Head trip on the 4th of July because this past one was a great week. Still isolated since we were in a house and the beach wasn’t crowded, but it was nice to relax and be at the beach and kids were having a great time. CYDY also hit $10 a share before I got to sell and plummeted same day.

For those of us that are still board members of NERV, it's up 10% today.  First big spike in months.  Is there news?   I can't really find anything new today.

Depends on lock down. Not picking up food and still wiping down delivered stuff, no. Wearing masks and trying to be safe in a small circle, yes. Kids going to school two days and wife is safe but doing more. It’s been 8-9 months now, I couldn’t imagine having been truly locked down. I’m already looking forward to our multi-family house on the beach in Hilton Head trip on the 4th of July because this past one was a great week. Still isolated since we were in a house and the beach wasn’t crowded, but it was nice to relax and be at the beach and kids were having a great time. CYDY also hit $10 a share before I got to sell and plummeted same day.
Sorry...auto correct Living/Livongo.

Sorry...auto correct Living/Livongo.
Lol. Such a different question but the autocorrect question was pertinent maybe better suited in the other thread. That said, yes it appears to be locked down and unavailable. Still wondering how many actual shares I will get since it works out to be 59.2 shares plus the $11+ in cash. I was wondering if I’d just get the .2 in cash or get fractional shares.

Lol. Such a different question but the autocorrect question was pertinent maybe better suited in the other thread. That said, yes it appears to be locked down and unavailable. Still wondering how many actual shares I will get since it works out to be 59.2 shares plus the $11+ in cash. I was wondering if I’d just get the .2 in cash or get fractional shares.
Little league here.  I'm looking at 21.83 shares.  Also the cash is $4.24 cash and $7.09 special dividend.  I assume that is for tax purposes on long vs. short term.  We lost 59 cents a share in the final arbitrage.

Users who are viewing this thread