What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (15 Viewers)

Little league here.  I'm looking at 21.83 shares.  Also the cash is $4.24 cash and $7.09 special dividend.  I assume that is for tax purposes on long vs. short term.  We lost 59 cents a share in the final arbitrage.
Also if the conversion was to happen today, your account will go down $12 x the number of TDOC shares you will get.

Why does tech like Biden so much? No antitrust stuff?
I think so. Trump had a hard on for Amazon and it seemed like Cruz and others were big proponents of splitting them up.

I do think the markets are also reacting to Republicans appearing to maintain the Senate majority. Having a split could mean some of the more draconian tax changes to say capital gains (big on Wall Street) won’t happen. Just conjecture though. 

Little league here.  I'm looking at 21.83 shares.  Also the cash is $4.24 cash and $7.09 special dividend.  I assume that is for tax purposes on long vs. short term.  We lost 59 cents a share in the final arbitrage.
Maybe, it’s in my IRA so no tax issues for me.

I think so. Trump had a hard on for Amazon and it seemed like Cruz and others were big proponents of splitting them up.

I do think the markets are also reacting to Republicans appearing to maintain the Senate majority. Having a split could mean some of the more draconian tax changes to say capital gains (big on Wall Street) won’t happen. Just conjecture though. 
Calmer waters are good for the majority. 

Think I went a little too risky in my day trading account.  TQQQ has now become my largest holding (market cap).  Followed by RIDE, DKNG, NRGU.      

You knocked years off your retirement age today.  Congrats!
Not so much.  This is my play money, taxable account, that I use the profits on toys and house/land projects, so it's only 10's of k's, not 100's.  Also did a lot of buying down on RIDE, DKNG and NRGU so I didn't nail the bottoms with huge massive buys.  

Think I went a little too risky in my day trading account.  TQQQ has now become my largest holding (market cap).  Followed by RIDE, DKNG, NRGU.      
Yeah, that’s risky, but may not be a big deal if your day trading is a small part entire portfolio. My 401ks are about 15% of my overall investments and my least risky, so while I’m on the aggressive side of my brokerage accounts my actual risky part is portfolio is like 2%. It was 10% at one time when CYDY was rolling. That was uncomfortable.

I was wondering why tech likes the lack of a result so much. 

But the Senate might make sense but we don't know the majority yet.
As soon as the next stim comes out I'll be buying a Pixel 5 with my Biden Bucks.   The Donny Dollars got invested and later spent on non-tech house projects.

Last edited by a moderator:
As soon as the next stim comes out I'll be buying a Pixel 5 with my Biden Bucks.   The Donny Dollars got invested and later spent on non-tech house projects.
I’ll just twittle my thumbs and watch other people get money. I did order two iPhone 12s and one 12 Pro last night from AT&T. Sweet ### deal turns the three 8/8+s on my account into those for a $240. Not bad. $420 worth of trade ins for $2650 in new 5G phones. My wife’s company and mine pay for a good portion of our bill so free new phones works for me.

I assume lots of people defecting so AT&T finally going to the subsidies. Used to love the $99 new iPhone every two years thing from years ago.

Ours just goes to college funds.

Until the government decides to pay for all college. (Could happen)

Unloaded 25% of my RoyaltyPharma.  15% gain in a a few days.
Doing the same on FLGT.  25% gone for 15% profit.  

Also day traded STNG for 2.5% gain.  Was hoping for a better pop as it looked oversold this morning but it stalled.  Don't want that exposure with earnings in the next day or so.

Unloaded 25% of my RoyaltyPharma.  15% gain in a a few days.
I knew I should have bought a little. I’m not buying more of anything today. Just enjoying today and then see where it goes. NARI was the same, saw it go under $60 last week and was going to buy some but never got around to it and it’s up 20%. I think too much sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have my TDOC shares and cash but it looks like Fidelity shorted me the 0.2 shares as I got 59 shares and the exact cash for 100 LVGO shares. I’ll let it settle because there’s a 3rd line in process with no value so maybe that’s cash for the 0.2 shares.

I knew I should have bought a little. I’m not buying more of anything today. Just enjoying today and then see where it goes. NARI was the same, saw it go under $60 last week and was going to buy some but never got around to it and it’s up 20%. I think too much sometimes.
You generally win big when you do pull the trigger.  Your thinking approach has served you well.  I take smaller entry positions and DCA down aggressively or DCA up in nibbles on something like SEA where I want a longer term position.  I'm 100% in a non-tax account so I have that luxury.    For example, I made 7 different buys on CVS last week to get it to 2.4% of my portfolio.

I have my TDOC shares and cash but it looks like Fidelity shorted me the 0.2 shares as I got 59 shares and the exact cash for 100 LVGO shares. I’ll let it settle because there’s a 3rd line in process with no value so maybe that’s cash for the 0.2 shares.
Check 11-3 history.  I have a return of capital line there.  Doing the math now.

I got 19.96 a share.  Seems like I got .83 shares in cash at the close price of $215.  Remember the  $11.33 was split into two payments and the fractional share got dumped in with one of those.

just sold all my TZA and flipped it for UVXY,  have to imagine the gap gap between the NAS and the R2000 close in the next couple of days.

You generally win big when you do pull the trigger.  Your thinking approach has served you well.  I take smaller entry positions and DCA down aggressively or DCA up in nibbles on something like SEA where I want a longer term position.  I'm 100% in a non-tax account so I have that luxury.    For example, I made 7 different buys on CVS last week to get it to 2.4% of my portfolio.
Yeah, we usually see the good price points. I tend to make larger entry positions because while I’m not wealthy, buying $500 of something isn’t going to make enough of a dent to be worth the maintenance. That tends to make me think too much. I’m not sure I believe in this rally though so just let what I have ride and see.

Why does tech like Biden so much? No antitrust stuff?
Antitrust, the chance for gridlock to mean corporate taxes won't increase, a greater chance for stimulus (though I'm not sure I agree with this one. I think there's a good chance Trump pouts and flips everyone the bird)

I got 19.96 a share.  Seems like I got .83 shares in cash at the close price of $215.  Remember the  $11.33 was split into two payments and the fractional share got dumped in with one of those.
19.96 shares? I got the 11.33 per share in cash as expected in two parts for my 100 shares. My only issue is that the share conversion was .592 and I got 59 shares and no .2 shares or .2 shares worth of cash. Not a huge deal but as of now Fidelity pocketed that $40. I will wait to see if it hits at some point. That’s why I mentioned a 3rd line with no value yet marked in process.

19.96 shares? I got the 11.33 per share in cash as expected in two parts for my 100 shares. My only issue is that the share conversion was .592 and I got 59 shares and no .2 shares or .2 shares worth of cash. Not a huge deal but as of now Fidelity pocketed that $40. I will wait to see if it hits at some point. That’s why I mentioned a 3rd line with no value yet marked in process.
I think Your .2 is in the 11-3 payment.  It stood out like a sore thumb to me because I had .83 share and was dealing with 21 shares of $11.33 split up.

I think Your .2 is in the 11-3 payment.  It stood out like a sore thumb to me because I had .83 share and was dealing with 21 shares of $11.33 split up.
No, the 11-3 payment was $709 and the 11-4 was $424. That’s the $11.33 a share for 100 shares. There’s still a missing 0.2 shares unaccounted for and I’m very good at math. Since I had 100 shares it’s all pretty easy. I should have gotten $1133 and 59.2 shares. I got $1133 and 59 shares.

No, the 11-3 payment was $709 and the 11-4 was $424. That’s the $11.33 a share for 100 shares. There’s still a missing 0.2 shares unaccounted for and I’m very good at math. Since I had 100 shares it’s all pretty easy. I should have gotten $1133 and 59.2 shares. I got $1133 and 59 shares.
Hmmm, where are you seeing this third line?

Hmmm, where are you seeing this third line?
In my activity/history. One line for $709 on 11-3 and two lines today. Still says processing on both and one is $424 and one is “- -“. There’s no amount but why would there be a processing line for nothing. I figured I’ll check once it is done as maybe it was going to be cash based on the closing price? Not sure but I’ll wait to give them the benefit of the doubt, otherwise I go all Better off Dead newspaper boy on their ### for my $40. 

In my activity/history. One line for $709 on 11-3 and two lines today. Still says processing on both and one is $424 and one is “- -“. There’s no amount but why would there be a processing line for nothing. I figured I’ll check once it is done as maybe it was going to be cash based on the closing price? Not sure but I’ll wait to give them the benefit of the doubt, otherwise I go all Better off Dead newspaper boy on their ### for my $40. 
Keep me posted....I'm looking at $160 in that case.

Sideshow Bob said:
Nice. Another one I thought about grabbing under $200 on Monday. Dumb ### me thought about buying it in the $60s in March. I bought a bunch then but shoving my chips all in That said, I’ll live. 9 of my stocks were up 8% or more! Hell of a day all around.

Nice. Another one I thought about grabbing under $200 on Monday. Dumb ### me thought about buying it in the $60s in March. I bought a bunch then but shoving my chips all in That said, I’ll live. 9 of my stocks were up 8% or more! Hell of a day all around.
Not bad when Amzn at 5% is your dog.

BassNBrew said:
Keep me posted....I'm looking at $160 in that case.
Still nothing. Feel like we got bent over, you more than me. Can’t believe the pulled the Superman 3 on us and not even with fractional shares. I mean our $200 didn’t just disappear. Fidelity rolled all there’s up got full TDOC shares and divvied up less than they got. By my calculations, the brokerages just split up tens of millions in profit. Unless you had 1000 shares or more, you got Pryor’d. That 3rd line got processed but the amount was — at the end.

Still nothing. Feel like we got bent over, you more than me. Can’t believe the pulled the Superman 3 on us and not even with fractional shares. I mean our $200 didn’t just disappear. Fidelity rolled all there’s up got full TDOC shares and divvied up less than they got. By my calculations, the brokerages just split up tens of millions in profit. Unless you had 1000 shares or more, you got Pryor’d. That 3rd line got processed but the amount was — at the end.
Are you going to call?

I had 30 shares of LVGO and now I have 17 shares of TDOC and $339.90. 

Is that right?

Users who are viewing this thread