What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (16 Viewers)

If you plan on being it in the long run, I'm going to dollar cost average buy a little once a day for the first week and then a little more each week for the first 2-3 months.  
So in this scenario you would buy ~15 times.  If this is a long term play you like, what % are you willing to put into it?    I seem to have a bunch of stocks worth ~.5% of my total portfolio/1-2% of my individual funds.  If I stuck with those type of percentages and divided my purchase up into 10-15 pieces, i would be buying a couple hundred bucks a pop on this.  I’m curious for you and others if you put higher percentages into less stocks or if you may just be working with more $.

Flipped some cydy for a $5.25 gain.  5 minutes closer to retirement :lol:  I don’t know why I get such a rush trading this dog. Every time I buy I immediately have buyers remorse and can’t wait to dump it. 
Pop into the CYDY thread, there may be some good news. MAYBE.

Need AMZN to be green tomorrow to sell some for the AIRBNB ipo.
Bezos says no Airbnb for you. Probably should lot at Airshed 

Started a position in CGRO warratns symbol CGROW a they are taking Israel based Innoviz public.  Innoviz is a LIDAR sector company.
Nikola introduced me to SPACS but only issue have to keep money locked up for a good period of time to really reap the benefits.

I hold warrants of East Stone Acquistion Corp symbol ESSCW at .29 cents

I also hold shares and warrants of Apex Technology Acquisiton Corp taking AvePoint public symbols are APXT/APXTW (14.40/share price and 3.54 warrant price are my cost basis)

Hold warrants in AMCI Acquisition Corporation taking Advent Technologies public symbol AMCIW hold warrants at 1.07

I am also looking at Interprivate Acquisition (IPV) to take another Lidar company public called Adeva

I am also looking at VGAC VG Acquistion Corp headed by Richard Branson

Watching Bridgetown Holdings symbol BTWN which is Peter Thiel's latest SPAC
Thanks for this. Never met a Spac I didn’t like. Some of these are up big premarket

As long as they don't hire away Bozos to run the operations they should be in good shape.
AMZ profits > TSLA profits > more AMZ stock. The circle of profits.  

🤝

🤝      💰      🤝

🤝

Any reason I’d be crazy not to load up on BTWNU (has warrant)? It’s up 2% and the BTWN stock is up 20%. We’ve seen this happen before. 

Dips on no news with high flyers could be buying opportunities - funds might be selling just to raise cash for all of the IPOs this week and not for any other reason.

$U, jeez. 

Not I. They did guy buy TopGolf which is the only reason it's on my radar - hold a decent amount of $DS (Drive Shack) - a Top Gold competitor. 
Yeah, it looks like it could go way higher than it is now. Bought in November @$17.05 am am enjoying the run up. Topgolf was one reason I bought. Plan on holding long term, for me at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
Noob here.

Is there an easy way to know something is a SPAC on the trading platforms or you just figure it out with some DD?  So you're speculating, which could be up to a couple years of having your money tied up, that they'll acquire a private company and bring it public?  You will hold your shares all the way through the process?

Noob here.

Is there an easy way to know something is a SPAC on the trading platforms or you just figure it out with some DD?  So you're speculating, which could be up to a couple years of having your money tied up, that they'll acquire a private company and bring it public?  You will hold your shares all the way through the process?
If your brokerage has a company description and describes the ticker as a “blank check company” it’s a SPAC.

Noob here.

Spactrack.net is a good site to check. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Noob here.

In related news IPOC-IPOF are all having good days again.  I'm well up on these and will continue to hold.

Dips on no news with high flyers could be buying opportunities - funds might be selling just to raise cash for all of the IPOs this week and not for any other reason.

$U, jeez. 
SMH for hesitating on that one. Hard to buy a company at 70x sales and growing at 50%. Great growth rate but way to high a valuation. TWLO is growing at the same 50% rate and has a slightly higher market cap. Difference is that TWLO’s current revenue rate is more than double U. Same growth rate, both high margin software type companies, almost same market cap but one has far less revenue. At least U isn’t SNOW, lol with a 200+ P/S ratio. That’s astounding.

In related news IPOC-IPOF are all having good days again.  I'm well up on these and will continue to hold.
You should. The max gain so far on those is 10%. It’s nice to be green, but you are holding these for a bigger pop. I’m still holding IPOC even though it’s announced a merger because I think it’s got a future. The other two are hopes for bigger pops on the announcement.

You should. The max gain so far on those is 10%. It’s nice to be green, but you are holding these for a bigger pop. I’m still holding IPOC even though it’s announced a merger because I think it’s got a future. The other two are hopes for bigger pops on the announcement.
Up 15% on IPOD, but in essence you are right here.

I haven't checked lately, but is Tesla now valued more than all the other auto manufacturers combined?
Probably. What’s amazing with this year’s run up is that it has almost nothing to do with fundamentals. S&P 500 inclusion, stock split and just some mania. I mean if I told you a company that was only profitable due to tax credits (that we’re going away) even with $20B+ in revenue and that it’s 2020 revenue growth was around 15-20% after 15% growth from 2018 to 2019, what would you think the stock would have done this year? Would you think 500-600% return?

I wish I hopped on the train but I sure wouldn’t want to be the last one in right now. It’s definitely in the super frothy bucket.

Damn, LAZR is crazy. It was up almost 20% and now down. People who bought in at the open assuming it’s going to rocket higher have lost almost 20% in an hour.

What shoved a rocket up FSLY's ###?
Don’t know. I thought about adding back in what I sold at $135 when it was in the $60s. Would have been a nice way to double my shares for the same cost. Still have a bit over 100 shares so no problem with today!

Any interest in tracking some real life portfolios?  I have a traditional IRA with about $9000 in it. I won’t be adding to it but I’d like to try a couple predefined moves with it in 2021 and see how it matches up against the market. 
I'm going to play a little game with myself - see if a 2 fund portfolio can outperform S&P500 with almost no inputs or changes.  I'm going to use TNA/TMF and a target 60/40 allocation.  Will rebalance to this ratio on 3/16, 6/28, 9/28.  Starting position is 100 TNA, 103 TMF, nominal cash.  Goals are to look at volatility decay, take market timing out of play, and as a comparison for my more active accounts.  No additional funds will go into this account.  

Dec 8 - 9600.56  - Dec 8 Portfolio

If you execute two more round-trip orders within the next five business days, this account could be flagged as a pattern day trader account

dont buy sell same stock /  sell buy in the game day is that right

QS exploded on some pretty exciting news. Any folks know what Tesla’s battery charging time is? The PR said 80% charge in 15 minutes with I think no degradation. If you can charge up 200 miles in 15 minutes, that’s big. I think stuff like this causes problems for charging stations (maybe BEEM) that don’t do a fast charge being connected to the grid. Not sure, would be interested in the Tesla real world specs. How fast can you charge to almost full capacity?

If you execute two more round-trip orders within the next five business days, this account could be flagged as a pattern day trader account

dont buy sell same stock /  sell buy in the game day is that right
Basically, that is my understanding.  I think it's 4 within 5 days.

so uh,, anyone pull out of their 401k to throw into the market and play around with? dumb move ?

i want to get over that 25k hurdle so i can daytrade

401k loans are 0.1 interest

Trading within the 401k ftw. I probably trade more in my BrokerageLink account than I do in my Brokerage account these days. 

Users who are viewing this thread