What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*---------> Ravens vs Broncos <---------* (1 Viewer)

BRONG

FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY
Broncos are -9. Total is 45 1/2. Cold front on the way.

:deadhorse:

It's Miller Time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes! Another week hearing about how great Ray Lewis is!!! Not one mention of how he was involved in 2 murders.

TE Pitta could be the key - I'm still not sure even during this win streak that the Broncos have cured the TE coverage problems they have shown in the past. But the above is correct - the rainbow throws to Boldin will be shutdown. The Broncos did a good job of getting in Flacco's head in that regular season game. A rested Von Miller is going to be a problem.

Broncos are -9. Total is 45 1/2.

Broncos and/to the Over. Book it now.

:goodposting:

TE Pitta could be the key - I'm still not sure even during this win streak that the Broncos have cured the TE coverage problems they have shown in the past. But the above is correct - the rainbow throws to Boldin will be shutdown. The Broncos did a good job of getting in Flacco's head in that regular season game. A rested Von Miller is going to be a problem.
they haven't, but I'm not sure it matters. If you shut down the WR's, and you contain the running game, I don't really care if a TE puts up 100/1.

they haven't, but I'm not sure it matters. If you shut down the WR's, and you contain the running game, I don't really care if a TE puts up 100/1.
Yep. The only reason(s) TEs have put up decent numbers is beause of A. Garbage time and B. They were the last option, everyone else coveredOn topic, Denver should win handily. They were up 31-3 going into the 4th when they shut down the offense and pulled several starters.

Will the Broncos put Ray Lewis out to pasture?
Ray Lewis played very well today. He'll play his heart out next week, that much I'll gaurantee. Joe Flacco is the guy that willl be put to pasture, that guy is the one who's outmatched.Denver over Ravens because of home field and Peyton over Flacco.

Unless the Ravens get a bunch of turnovers, I can't see how they beat the Broncos. The defense played well for a half against Manning here a couple of weeks ago, but he owns them. I'm thinking a score like today's - Broncos 24-9.

Ray Lewis played very well today. He'll play his heart out next week, that much I'll gaurantee. Joe Flacco is the guy that willl be put to pasture, that guy is the one who's outmatched.Denver over Ravens because of home field and Peyton over Flacco.
I think a lot of people are going to mistake Lewis' 13 tackles today as a good game. I don't think he played well today he looked slow lost and the only reason he had 13 tackles is because they were eating the middle of the field up. I know it's a great story and all, but Ray Lewis didn't do anything special today.

Its rare to have two of the best all time play on the field at the same time, so this will be at least mildly entertaining.

Its rare to have two of the best all time play on the field at the same time, so this will be at least mildly entertaining.
Not that rare. In addition to Peyton and Lewis, I'd say Champ, Brady, Willis, Calvin, Fitz, Peterson, Reed, Moss, and Polamalu all qualify, just looking at the multiple All Pros. Maybe Brees, Rodgers, Freeney, Andre, etc- depending on how liberal you want to be with the designation. With that many, you should be averaging one every few weeks.

'FUBAR said:
'johnnyboy8102 said:
Yes! Another week hearing about how great Ray Lewis is!!! Not one mention of how he was involved in 2 murders.
What is the story behind this? I have never heard of it before.
You would think a person convicted of accessory to murder wouldn't be playing in the nfl if it were relevant.
Money talks. If he were innocent, why would he pay an undisclosed sum to the family?

Easiest game to call next weekend, absent of losing the turnover battle by at least 2, the Broncos win and cover. The two worst teams in the playoffs were the Colts and Ravens and I didn't see much from the Ravens today that showed me they can keep it close against Denver.

'FUBAR said:
'johnnyboy8102 said:
You would think a person convicted of accessory to murder wouldn't be playing in the nfl if it were relevant.
Money talks. If he were innocent, why would he pay an undisclosed sum to the family?
Isn't the standard of proof in civil cases lower than in criminal cases?

I think a lot of people are going to mistake Lewis' 13 tackles today as a good game. I don't think he played well today he looked slow lost and the only reason he had 13 tackles is because they were eating the middle of the field up. I know it's a great story and all, but Ray Lewis didn't do anything special today.
They defense held Luck to about 50% completions and 5.3 yards per attempt. I will take it.

'SSOG said:
'FUBAR said:
Not that rare. In addition to Peyton and Lewis, I'd say Champ, Brady, Willis, Calvin, Fitz, Peterson, Reed, Moss, and Polamalu all qualify, just looking at the multiple All Pros. Maybe Brees, Rodgers, Freeney, Andre, etc- depending on how liberal you want to be with the designation. With that many, you should be averaging one every few weeks.
Just this week, you had AJ Green versus Watt. While not the best of all time yet, their career projections tend to look that way. Or Rodgers versus Peterson. Peterson versus Urlacher...

'SSOG said:
'FUBAR said:
Every few weeks throughout the regular season - 16 games a week (without byes), 16*3, 48... so roughly 1/48 or 2-3%, that's fairly rare. Perhaps I should have stated "top 5 players at the position towards the end of their careers in an important game." :shrug:

Looks like a big Broncos win to me. Rested team playing vs. a tired defense who was on the field a ton yesterday, on a short week.

Also, Denver strengths in a good pass rush led by speedy outside rushers, pass protection, and ability to exploit openings in the middle of the field are a perfect match with Ravens' weaknesses.

I thought Indy reached its emotional peak in Week 17 with the Pagano return and huge home win over Houston. I think Baltimore reached its peak in the Wild Card game with Ray's farewell to Baltimore and will be flat on the road.

And Manning absolutely owns the Ravens. Denver, 30-13.

'johnnyboy8102 said:
Here's the story -http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2013-01-05/sports/os-mike-bianchi-ray-lewis-0106-20130105_1_ray-lewis-jacinth-baker-joyce-lollar

I think the impending weather helps Baltimore some.
It's just going to be cold, and not really at levels that will be football impacting based in the current forecast. It would be around 20-30 at kickoff (2:30 local) and won't get any colder. Actually at that time it will probably get a bit warmer during the game. Only light winds, and the snow the day before in the forecast is minimal.Of course this is Denver in Jan, so things could change either way quickly.

Looks like a big Broncos win to me. Rested team playing vs. a tired defense who was on the field a ton yesterday, on a short week.Also, Denver strengths in a good pass rush led by speedy outside rushers, pass protection, and ability to exploit openings in the middle of the field are a perfect match with Ravens' weaknesses.I thought Indy reached its emotional peak in Week 17 with the Pagano return and huge home win over Houston. I think Baltimore reached its peak in the Wild Card game with Ray's farewell to Baltimore and will be flat on the road.And Manning absolutely owns the Ravens. Denver, 30-13.
Agreed with this.

Looks like a big Broncos win to me. Rested team playing vs. a tired defense who was on the field a ton yesterday, on a short week.Also, Denver strengths in a good pass rush led by speedy outside rushers, pass protection, and ability to exploit openings in the middle of the field are a perfect match with Ravens' weaknesses.I thought Indy reached its emotional peak in Week 17 with the Pagano return and huge home win over Houston. I think Baltimore reached its peak in the Wild Card game with Ray's farewell to Baltimore and will be flat on the road.And Manning absolutely owns the Ravens. Denver, 30-13.
Agreed with this.
Me too. And Indy was a statistic anomaly with that record to begin with. Flacco is bound to combust with Miller and Elvis coming after him...especially if Denver gets ahead.

Wow. I guess I'm the only one who thinks the Broncos don't cover.The Ravens might not be great, but they have tons of experience, and experience really helps in the playoffs. I don't see the Ravens winning, but 9 is a huge spread in a playoff game against a veteran team like the Ravens.

Thats what I'm thinkin. 52's last game will be in Mile High.
I sure hope so -- I am soooo sick of his ridiculous dance and the butt-kissing of sportscasters and TV cameras. Lewis was a great LB, one of the best ever, but father time caught up with him at least 2 or 3 years ago.
just wait - he'll be on ESPN next year. You were sick of him before, just wait until then.

'moleculo said:
'Godsbrother said:
I sure hope so -- I am soooo sick of his ridiculous dance and the butt-kissing of sportscasters and TV cameras. Lewis was a great LB, one of the best ever, but father time caught up with him at least 2 or 3 years ago.
just wait - he'll be on ESPN next year. You were sick of him before, just wait until then.
I am actually willing to give him the benefit of the doubt as a studio analyst because if he annoys me or is awful I can just change the channel. However watching Ravens games have been a chore for years because the networks love to show his stupid dance before the game and then every 5 minutes when he is standing on the sideline.

'moleculo said:
'Godsbrother said:
I am actually willing to give him the benefit of the doubt as a studio analyst because if he annoys me or is awful I can just change the channel. However watching Ravens games have been a chore for years because the networks love to show his stupid dance before the game and then every 5 minutes when he is standing on the sideline.
:goodposting: He's been pretty tiresome for a long time.

'moleculo said:
'Godsbrother said:
I think that will happen too.

People still watch ESPN?Seems he will get a bit preachy for some...that rah rah pregame pep speech type thing will only go so far with some people.I would mind hearing him break down a D or an offense though...just needs to keep it to football which I doubt he can do.

That's extremely liberal. Willis, Calvin and Peterson have only played 6 seasons (the top of that 2007 (edit) draft is incredible!).I'll give you Brady, Reed, Moss and Brees. And for Peyton and and Lewis it's more like "possibly the best all time".

Ha, love it! I'm stealing it.BTW, the silence from the Baltimore side is deafening in here. The other seven sides this weekend have had plenty to say...even the Texans fans. Are any Ravens fans going to make their case?
I can make it if need be...It will be different this time because Caldwell has had more than a couple of weeks to figure out what he wants to do offensively, and having Yanda healthy will bolster the OL which was a huge problem.On defense, obviously there is expected to be significant improvement now that everyone is healthy - Lewis, Suggs, Pollard, Ellerbe, etc. Frankly, the Baltimore D did a nice job against the Bronco O in the first half (before the Flacco pick-6).Overall, the team will continue to ride the emotional high, inspired by Ray Lewis' impending retirement. Further, the Ravens are looking forward to extracting revenge of the December game where Denver embarrassed the Ravens in Baltimore.I these are legit reasons for optimism. Looking at Ravens fan forums, there are a slew of other reasons for optimism which, IMO, are all very, very silly.

so anyone got any good suggestions for the after-party? I will be walking out of a frigid Mile High looking for a place to watch the late game. Any suggestion either really close to the stadium or along 16th street?

Ha, love it! I'm stealing it.BTW, the silence from the Baltimore side is deafening in here. The other seven sides this weekend have had plenty to say...even the Texans fans. Are any Ravens fans going to make their case?
We don't roll that way.
:lmao: There's only about 5 of us who post here and two of us are grumpy, old, pessmimistic anarchists. The_Man is the most level-headed and is picking Donks 30-13. That means roady &amp; I think it's going to be 51-3 Mannings.In truth, I'm having a hard time making a sensible, realistic case for the Ravens. If it was ANY other QB but Peyton, I'd feel better. But he has chewed Baltimore up over the years. The Ravens did a good job on him in the 1st half a month ago, though.Moleculo did a good job above, but I'll add a couple of things....T/Os: the Ravens HAVE to win the T/O battle and by more than 1. Since I doubt Manning craps the bed with 3 INTs, that means they need to get the RBs or returners to put it on the ground. I have no idea how good Moreno is in protecting the ball. On the other side, those Denver rush ends scare the crap out of me. I'm not so worried about the sacks as I am about Flacco's fumbling - hold onto the damned ball, Joe. Oh, and Ray Rice - you too.Pressure: they got to Peyton a lot in the 1st half of the most recent game. They didn't always hit him, but he seemed unable to get comfortable. Do more of that. Suggs, besides coming back from the knee injury, has been playing with one arm which has kept him from being effective. If he can get healed up a little more this week, maybe a Suggs/Kruger rush tandem can make Peyton's life miserable.Clock: run the effing ball. The one-two of Rice/Pierce has to be able to keep the ball out of both Manning's (&amp; Flacco's) hands. They don't have to average 8 ypc, just be effective and keep Joe out of 3rd and long. That would set up play action and keep Denver guessing.S/T: The_Man posted some stuff in the Ravens thread on how the Ravens had one of the best S/T years in NFL history. I'm too dumb to understand the metrics, but maybe he'll update here. Jacoby Jones has been as much an MVP as anyone on the roster, the coverage has been stellar, K Justing Tucker set a rookie record for accuracy, and Koch is still a very good punter. If the Ravens can control field position, they'll have a chance to put up some good numbers and make Peyton go on long drives.

Users who are viewing this thread