What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Griffin to miss 2013? - Probably not (1 Viewer)

dgreen

Footballguy
Tweets and Extremeskins posts (official Skins message board) indicating he could miss the entire 2013 season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man Of Steelz ‏@OnlyOneSteelzGuys hearing acl and pcl for RG3..pray I was told wrong but heard it from more then one person and know others have heard it to

ACL injuries only take what, 9 months? Don't know anything about PCL (actually never heard of it). Just saw what happened, didn't look good. Best wishes on a speedy recovery, whatever the injury.

Shame on skeletor and shame on Snyder for that crap field. They need to outlaw that.

Hopefully Griffin gets better quick.

ACL injuries only take what, 9 months? Don't know anything about PCL (actually never heard of it). Just saw what happened, didn't look good. Best wishes on a speedy recovery, whatever the injury.
It's apparently ACL and PCL, whatever that means.Paging, Dr. Bramel.

That would be devastating. I can't believe Shanahan played him... after the first quarter it was obvious something was horribly wrong. And that field... yikes.

Isnt that the same field ADP got hurt in 2011? What's the deal there . My division III college team has a new field turf . Spend some money Redskins.

Isnt that the same field ADP got hurt in 2011? What's the deal there .
Yes, but at least Peterson actually took a hit to his knee. I guess the turf may have been part of the problem, bur a defender pretty much made a direct hit to the outside of his knee as it was planted.

Who are these sources?

Man of Steelz? Show us something from Schefter or Peter King at least. This is just speculation.

Agreed on the shame on Shanny thing. You could tell from the start that he couldn't plant to throw. His mechanics were way off, let alone he couldn't run at full speed and couldn't cut at all. He had no business being out there.

ACL is usually the Atlantic, and he was playing on the East Coast. But PCL is the Pacific, and since he was playing on the East Coast, it makes it doubly bad.

Who are these sources?Man of Steelz? Show us something from Schefter or Peter King at least. This is just speculation.
The Redskins official message board is Extremeskins. People over there are quoting Man of Steelz as if his tweets carry some weight. I know LL @HTTR24_7 is a longtime poster over there who always has insider info. Another guy, tk, at Extremeskins is one of the message board owners (I think) and he's also saying that he's hearing ACL and PCL and likely out for the season.None of these guys are part of the official media.

An entire fan bases mental well being hangs in the balance here. Do you think it's funny?I'm only partially joking. But this seems kind of inappropriate when you're talking about a dude's career trajectory changing, possibly. Come on.
I seriously doubt his career is in jeopardy.The timing of the injury, if it's true, put next season at risk, though.

An entire fan bases mental well being hangs in the balance here. Do you think it's funny?I'm only partially joking. But this seems kind of inappropriate when you're talking about a dude's career trajectory changing, possibly. Come on.
I seriously doubt his career is in jeopardy.The timing of the injury, if it's true, put next season at risk, though.
His career is not in jeopardy but his entire style of play is unfortunately. Stinks for the kid but his style wasnt built for the NFL.

Oh my. That would be very sad. The Redskins could return to the playoffs next year on the arm of Cousins but he is not their franchise guy. Griffin is too exciting and too nice of a kid....this stinks if true.

I was just thinking yesterday before the game that the Redskins are in really good shape at QB for a few years while Cousins is signed. Both of those guys are fantastic, high quality leaders on the field and off. Washington did well to draft both. Cousins will be a starter for someone in the future.

'Da Guru said:
My daughter tore her PCL playing volleyball she jumped and had her legs cut out by a falling player and land on the floor total bodyweight knee first without breaking her fall at all. The PCL in the tendon in the rear of the knee. PCL injuries are very rare..they are called the dashboard injury because they usually only happen in car accidents when your knee is slammed into the dashboard.

I remember when were were with the doctors before her MRI. They were pretty sure her PCL was torn but not sure about her ACL and said a PCL tear on its would be the best hope for my daughter..they said an ACL-PCL tear would be the worst case.

Ihope this is not the case but the way his knee buckled without being hit leads me to believe he already had some sort of tear going on.
The "L" stands for ligament. Ligament <> tendon

His career is not in jeopardy but his entire style of play is unfortunately. Stinks for the kid but his style wasnt built for the NFL.
I think that is a bunch of bull. Why did so many want to talk with Chip Kelly for their opening at HC? Why has "the spread" or "pistol" been talked about so much in the NFL? I think the read-option QB's are a nightmare for defenses....especially when they carry out their fakes as well as RG3 does. Now maybe RG3 should limit it to either handing off or passing more often instead of running, but that offense looks very effective to me. I am not much of a x's and o's guy though so I could be way off.

I'd be very surprised if he missed the entire season, but depending on severity, who knows how ready he'll be come training camp.

The potential longer term effect is that he may have to alter his playing style somewhat.

Wasn't the PCL/ACL combo the "end" of Daunte Culpepper as a legit QB?

I think that is a bunch of bull. Why did so many want to talk with Chip Kelly for their opening at HC? Why has "the spread" or "pistol" been talked about so much in the NFL? I think the read-option QB's are a nightmare for defenses....especially when they carry out their fakes as well as RG3 does. Now maybe RG3 should limit it to either handing off or passing more often instead of running, but that offense looks very effective to me. I am not much of a x's and o's guy though so I could be way off.
I am not talking about his offense per se, just his running style. You cannot run upright in a straight line in the NFL as he did and not take some massive shots as he did. He is going to have to become a pocket passer now.

Wasn't the PCL/ACL combo the "end" of Daunte Culpepper as a legit QB?
IIRC he hurt it against the Panthers running (a la rg3) and then had to become a pocket passer something he never could quite grasp.

I agree. ACL/PCL tears are freak injuries. It's not as though the hits added up and lent to him missing time. Granted, even before this RG3 was at risk due to him being stubborn, and smaller than guys like Cam/Tebow. But this injury wasn't because of his running style.

I agree. ACL/PCL tears are freak injuries. It's not as though the hits added up and lent to him missing time. Granted, even before this RG3 was at risk due to him being stubborn, and smaller than guys like Cam/Tebow. But this injury wasn't because of his running style.
Sorry dude but it most certainly was. Go back to when he initially sprained it a few weeks ago and tell us what he was doing when it got hurt.

Sorry dude but it most certainly was. Go back to when he initially sprained it a few weeks ago and tell us what he was doing when it got hurt.
I got side-swiped while driving my car years ago. Does that mean it was due to my driving style?

The initial injury did come on a running play. You don't think that preexisting injury had anything to do with it giving out yesterday?

Using twitter as sources is so whack.
Yes, so far the only people I've seen report this are people who don't have to worry about an editorial review process and fact-checking and risk being fired if they are wrong. From that standpoint, it's nonsense. But, the people who are tweeting these reports are people who have generally been right about Redskins-related news. They have contact with people inside the organization.It could still all be crap. Or partially crap. Or completely right. We don't know for sure until we hear that he has definitely had an MRI and it definitely showed something.

I got side-swiped while driving my car years ago. Does that mean it was due to my driving style?
Is anyone chasing you and trying to run you off the road while you drive? And do you think the injuries will be the same regardless of what car you're riding in?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone chasing you and trying to run you off the road while you drive?
Yes.

Is anyone chasing you and trying to run you off the road while you drive?
Yes.
Then you're more likely to get hurt. Just like RGIII.

So because it was sprained while he was running it was due to his running style? And what of the other players in the NFL who have torn theirs - same style?

The initial injury did come on a running play. You don't think that preexisting injury had anything to do with it giving out yesterday?
I don't know, actually. I know that ACL tears have been documented as freak accidents, having little to do with the "injury prone-ness" or "style" of a player.

BTW, Shanahan's regular press conference is scheduled for 3 PM. So, we should have an answer within an hour.

Users who are viewing this thread