What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Griffin to miss 2013? - Probably not (1 Viewer)

I think that is a bunch of bull. Why did so many want to talk with Chip Kelly for their opening at HC? Why has "the spread" or "pistol" been talked about so much in the NFL? I think the read-option QB's are a nightmare for defenses....especially when they carry out their fakes as well as RG3 does. Now maybe RG3 should limit it to either handing off or passing more often instead of running, but that offense looks very effective to me. I am not much of a x's and o's guy though so I could be way off.
I agree. ACL/PCL tears are freak injuries. It's not as though the hits added up and lent to him missing time. Granted, even before this RG3 was at risk due to him being stubborn, and smaller than guys like Cam/Tebow. But this injury wasn't because of his running style.
The initial injury did come on a running play. You don't think that preexisting injury had anything to do with it giving out yesterday?
I don't know, actually. I know that ACL tears have been documented as freak accidents, having little to do with the "injury prone-ness" or "style" of a player.
So why do you suppose the world-renowned knee surgeon was "holding his breath" all game? I don't care about "style" as much as frequency.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, you want a valid source. Fred Smoot said on the radio (106.7) that he's heard from people inside Redskins Park that it is an ACL/PCL. Fred Smoot, everyone. Lock it up.

An entire fan bases mental well being hangs in the balance here. Do you think it's funny?I'm only partially joking. But this seems kind of inappropriate when you're talking about a dude's career trajectory changing, possibly. Come on.
I seriously doubt his career is in jeopardy.The timing of the injury, if it's true, put next season at risk, though.
His career is not in jeopardy but his entire style of play is unfortunately. Stinks for the kid but his style wasnt built for the NFL.
I think that is a bunch of bull. Why did so many want to talk with Chip Kelly for their opening at HC? Why has "the spread" or "pistol" been talked about so much in the NFL? I think the read-option QB's are a nightmare for defenses....especially when they carry out their fakes as well as RG3 does. Now maybe RG3 should limit it to either handing off or passing more often instead of running, but that offense looks very effective to me. I am not much of a x's and o's guy though so I could be way off.
I am not talking about his offense per se, just his running style. You cannot run upright in a straight line in the NFL as he did and not take some massive shots as he did. He is going to have to become a pocket passer now.
If RGIII turns into a pocket passer only it won`t be long before he will be known as Bob Griffin.

I agree. ACL/PCL tears are freak injuries. It's not as though the hits added up and lent to him missing time. Granted, even before this RG3 was at risk due to him being stubborn, and smaller than guys like Cam/Tebow. But this injury wasn't because of his running style.
Sorry dude but it most certainly was. Go back to when he initially sprained it a few weeks ago and tell us what he was doing when it got hurt.
I got side-swiped while driving my car years ago. Does that mean it was due to my driving style?
For your sake I am going to refuse to believe you are this ignorant

Who are these sources?Man of Steelz? Show us something from Schefter or Peter King at least. This is just speculation.
If it's not about the Patriots or Favre, King's not the best as inside information. And Schefter has his holes in places too (he broke the news of Forte's "high ankle sprain" in week 2). If the Redskins forums believe Man of Steelz knows his stuff, they're the best judgement. That being said, hope he's wrong. Not sure how Shanahan sleeps at night even if it's not true.

Sorry dude but it most certainly was. Go back to when he initially sprained it a few weeks ago and tell us what he was doing when it got hurt.
So because it was sprained while he was running it was due to his running style? And what of the other players in the NFL who have torn theirs - same style?
I am not sure where you are trying to go with this.He got hurt initially by running upright and getting absolutely drilled near the goalline. This lead to his sprain and to where we are now with his injury. It absolutely had an effect on him getting hurt yesterday hence the Dr Andrews angle. This is now his 2nd major knee injury as a result of his running. Not sure why you are making this difficult.

I got side-swiped while driving my car years ago. Does that mean it was due to my driving style?
I also won the lottery a few years back. It was due to my number-picking 'style'. Those who get struck by lightning are clearly injured due to their electricity-conducting 'style'.

I am not sure where you are trying to go with this.He got hurt initially by running upright and getting absolutely drilled near the goalline. This lead to his sprain and to where we are now with his injury. It absolutely had an effect on him getting hurt yesterday hence the Dr Andrews angle. This is now his 2nd major knee injury as a result of his running. Not sure why you are making this difficult.
If you want to pretend to know that his core's distance from the ground led to his injury, and to what degree, be my guest. But throwing it around as fact is silly. Plenty of players who don't run "upright" have torn their ACLs. Plenty of players have torn their ACL outside of contact, even.

An entire fan bases mental well being hangs in the balance here. Do you think it's funny?I'm only partially joking. But this seems kind of inappropriate when you're talking about a dude's career trajectory changing, possibly. Come on.
I seriously doubt his career is in jeopardy.The timing of the injury, if it's true, put next season at risk, though.
His career is not in jeopardy but his entire style of play is unfortunately. Stinks for the kid but his style wasnt built for the NFL.
It would if these running QBs learned to slide more often. RG3 would never have hurt it in the first place if he slid after getting the long run he had.

Hey, you want a valid source. Fred Smoot said on the radio (106.7) that he's heard from people inside Redskins Park that it is an ACL/PCL. Fred Smoot, everyone. Lock it up.
If true that's not good.
Re Smoot, RT @Holdenradio Smoot backtracked and said it wasn't from the building.
Washington still pays Fred Smoot? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
"Two-thirds of the world is covered by water. The other third is covered by Fred Smoot."

What a shame if true, and that's coming from an Eagles fan. He's an exciting and talented QB, a shame if he misses a full year. But those are the risks you run with a QB of his style. And to think he'll change his "style" and become more of a pocket passer is plain stupid. He'll rehab and heal, and come back as strong as ever, hopefully, playing the only "style" he knows how to.

The initial injury did come on a running play. You don't think that preexisting injury had anything to do with it giving out yesterday?
I don't know, actually. I know that ACL tears have been documented as freak accidents, having little to do with the "injury prone-ness" or "style" of a player.
So why do you suppose the world-renowned knee surgeon was "holding his breath" all game? I don't care about "style" as much as frequency.
If that was the case, Dr Andrews shouldn't have cleared him from the original injury back in Dec. All parties involved are backpeddling because it came back to bite them in the rear end. RG3 is at fault as well, becuase he should have told Shanny no i'm not ok (all warrior mentality aside).

If true that's not good.
Re Smoot, RT @Holdenradio Smoot backtracked and said it wasn't from the building.
Washington still pays Fred Smoot? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
"Two-thirds of the world is covered by water. The other third is covered by Fred Smoot."
Looks like Smoot is actually just a talking head for the Redskins now. Radio only maybe? Dunno.

My wife rarely watches football and even she was complaining that RGIII couldn't plant his foot to throw.

It would if these running QBs learned to slide more often. RG3 would never have hurt it in the first place if he slid after getting the long run he had.
Agree. His 'style', for a QB, is reckless. Until he commits to sliding, his chance of injury will be greater.

Agree. His 'style', for a QB, is reckless. Until he commits to sliding, his chance of injury will be greater.
Tom Brady should probably throw the ball less, too. Every time he attempts a pass, his chance of injury is increased. Kneeldowns are much more safe.

I also won the lottery a few years back. It was due to my number-picking 'style'. Those who get struck by lightning are clearly injured due to their electricity-conducting 'style'.
I never play the lottery, so I never have a chance to win. I never go out during thunderstorms, so I will never get struck by lightning.

Tom Brady should probably throw the ball less, too. Every time he attempts a pass, his chance of injury is increased. Kneeldowns are much more safe.
Since I am not familiar with your posts I am going to assume this is just your schtick.

No idea what he has, but as per speculation of ACL & PCL tear that can be a catastrophic injury.

NBA'r Shaun Livingston had a gruesome, gruesome one about 5 years that pretty much ended his career. Its on youtube if anyone wants to see it....But I don't so I'm not linking it! Took him a year and half to play again and he was a fraction of his former self (not that he was an all star to begin with)

Fingers crossed for RGIII... no one wants to see him out long term.

You appear to be suggesting that running QBs who don't slide have the same injury risk as pocket QBs or running QBs who slide. Do you really believe this?

:troll:

My wife rarely watches football and even she was complaining that RGIII couldn't plant his foot to throw.
My wife hates football, and she was complaining that I was watching a guy that couldn't even throw the football, for the second straight day. (Joe Webb)

My twitter feed is very quiet about this...usually if there's something like this there's at least something from one of the guys I follow.

As a dyno owner and still bitter Browns fan we didn't trade for him it's probably denial, but at least I have plausible deniability.

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=673261

My favorite part is when you tell other people that they have a blind need for attention. :lmao:

No idea what he has, but as per speculation of ACL & PCL tear that can be a catastrophic injury. NBA'r Shaun Livingston had a gruesome, gruesome one about 5 years that pretty much ended his career. Its on youtube if anyone wants to see it....But I don't so I'm not linking it! Took him a year and half to play again and he was a fraction of his former self (not that he was an all star to begin with)Fingers crossed for RGIII... no one wants to see him out long term.
Not quite the same and a lot more serious, Livingston tore all three ligaments AND his lateral menicus along with dislocating his knee. :X

Since I am not familiar with your posts I am going to assume this is just your schtick.
And some gawd awful schtick as well.

Shame on skeletor and shame on Snyder for that crap field. They need to outlaw that.Hopefully Griffin gets better quick.
That field did look awful. I wonder if it was partially responsible.
NFL needs to mandate every team plays on field turf. Just force every stadium to be the same. Look what that field has done to players the last two years....what a shame.
They need what Green Bay has, its real grass reinforced with man-made fibers...I think thats what your talking about.Article before they installed it:http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/29187164.html

My favorite part is when you tell other people that they have a blind need for attention. :lmao:
Do we have a 'creepy stalker' emoticon? I can't find it.

...he was walking fine on the sidelines and after the game
My understanding is you can walk ok on an ACL.But, yes, these are just rumors right now, albeit rumors from people who know people.
And from personal experience, you can ski on one too. Yes, that field totally sucked. I thought it would be more of an advantage....(in the words of that stupid San Fran based NFL commercial) turns out I was wrong.Fingers crossed for RG3.

I never play the lottery, so I never have a chance to win. I never go out during thunderstorms, so I will never get struck by lightning.
Glad RG3 doesn't share the same philosophy. Otherwise, he'd have a desk-job somewhere instead of being a superstar :thumbup:

Glad RG3 doesn't share the same philosophy. Otherwise, he'd have a desk-job somewhere instead of being a superstar :thumbup:
What are you talking about? He does have a desk job now, he most likely won't be a super star next year. :popcorn: Also while I won't say his running style got him injured, him being a running QB did help him get injured. If he was more of a pocket passer its probably less likely he is injured but wouldn't rule it out completely.

Do we have a 'creepy stalker' emoticon? I can't find it.
:lmao: Warrior must be code for hypocrite. Just use your avatar if you want an emoticon for it.

If that was the case, Dr Andrews shouldn't have cleared him from the original injury back in Dec. All parties involved are backpeddling because it came back to bite them in the rear end. RG3 is at fault as well, becuase he should have told Shanny no i'm not ok (all warrior mentality aside).
Except he didn't.

Wasn't the PCL/ACL combo the "end" of Daunte Culpepper as a legit QB?
Culpepper and McGahee tore their ACL, MCL and PCL.

So RG3 dynasty? Is his value top 20 at this point?
If we don't know the injury, I don't see how we can speculate. But career-threatening injuries are pretty rare, everyone should hold off on wild opinions till we hear.Some pretty wild speculation here. Griffin is going to have to change his game? Become a pocket passer? Come on. Griffin got hurt running around. QBs get hurt in the pocket, on the move, and running around. Griffin will continue to run around, then will get smarter about running around, like ALL DANG RUNNING quarterbacks. For pete's sake, they all run around and take chances when they are young. Even the ones that aren't 'running' QBs coming out of college. Vick broke his freaking leg, still running around. Tap the brakes.

Except he didn't.
Yes and no. He didn't clear him to return to that game, but he had to have cleared him to come back in for the last 2 games.

Users who are viewing this thread