BassNBrew

****The 2017 Carolina Panthers Thread**** - :popcorn: for CMac

6,055 posts in this topic

I think we'll have a better idea of Shula's creativity after we see what does with his new toys. He hasn't really had this mind of flexibility until now. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

29 minutes ago, NCCommish said:

I think we'll have a better idea of Shula's creativity after we see what does with his new toys. He hasn't really had this mind of flexibility until now. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

#1 offense 2 years ago.  I think he is going to be just fine coming up with another high powered offense.  I just hope Jstew can keep it together and give us some pop for the tough yards. 

Tre Boston and 4 others waived today. Roster at 86. Kind of surprised about Boston. He had pretty decent numbers last year and made ten starts. I would imagine someone will sign him at least to see if he is better than what they got.

Apparently Boston's play last year earned him a big pay day this year. Performance escalators doubled his cap number to almost 1.8 million. Thinking that and the fact we have 8 safeties on the roster led to the cut.

1 hour ago, NCCommish said:

Apparently Boston's play last year earned him a big pay day this year. Performance escalators doubled his cap number to almost 1.8 million. Thinking that and the fact we have 8 safeties on the roster led to the cut.

He made way too many mistakes last year and wasn't very good. I am surprised as I would have thought he would be a good backup, but didn't know about the cap number. I am assuming that was based on starts, because I certainly don't recall any accolades. I do recall a thread on that huddle site dedicated to his mistakes and in some cases lazy play. He had a few "give up" plays.

57 minutes ago, stbugs said:

He made way too many mistakes last year and wasn't very good. I am surprised as I would have thought he would be a good backup, but didn't know about the cap number. I am assuming that was based on starts, because I certainly don't recall any accolades. I do recall a thread on that huddle site dedicated to his mistakes and in some cases lazy play. He had a few "give up" plays.

I believe the raise was based on playing time. 

Despite weight concerns Panthers pick up Benjamin's 5th year option as expected. 

Big Benji needs to get in shape.  

33 minutes ago, Jayrok said:

Big Benji needs to get in shape.  

He needs to learn to stay in shape. I mean it's his job and he gets paid well to do it. This ballooning up and then trying to drop 30+ lbs in a few weeks is not the way to go. Not for a professional athlete.

1 minute ago, NCCommish said:

He needs to learn to stay in shape. I mean it's his job and he gets paid well to do it. This ballooning up and then trying to drop 30+ lbs in a few weeks is not the way to go. Not for a professional athlete.

Agree, totally.  

Michael Oher got into a shoving match with an Uber driver. Oher charged with misdemeanor assualt.

All Panthers picks but Corn and Butker signed. All UDFAs signed. Nice to have it largely out of the way.

3 hours ago, NCCommish said:

All Panthers picks but Corn and Butker signed. All UDFAs signed. Nice to have it largely out of the way.

I believe all the picks are signed now. Not messing around this year. I think the front office is working hard to give the offense what it needed and the defense (via FA more) and getting out of the way. I am sure they are now combing through every FA on the market. Happy with this offseason, complete opposite of last year in terms of free agency and our franchise tag. Even the draft was a lot better, partially just because we sucked enough to have better picks in every round.

4 hours ago, stbugs said:

I believe all the picks are signed now. Not messing around this year. I think the front office is working hard to give the offense what it needed and the defense (via FA more) and getting out of the way. I am sure they are now combing through every FA on the market. Happy with this offseason, complete opposite of last year in terms of free agency and our franchise tag. Even the draft was a lot better, partially just because we sucked enough to have better picks in every round.

Yeah its been a decent off-season.