What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****The 2019 Carolina Panthers Thread**** We Rhule At Losing (1 Viewer)

It may be time to get a new coaching staff.  And can Hurney.  Our 2nd and 3rd round pick were healthy scratches last night as was our 3rd round pick from last year.  Yeah. thats not a good look.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember the good ole days when 4th and inches was an easy QB sneak for big Cam Newton.  Where for art thou?  He can't get it anymore?  Fine, put K. Short and Poe in the backfield and just push Cam over the line from behind.  Easy peasy.   Instead, let's have Cam walk to the TE spot like he's calling an audible.  Everyone on the field and all 35 people in the stands knew it was a direct snap to CMC.  

BTW, Christian is going to watch that back this morning and realize he had a walk in TD if he would have just made a hard stop/cut  back inside and behind his blockers (before he got outside the numbers on the field).  White shirts were out of position to stop him if he had cut up field.

I also remember when Cam had the ability to scramble out of trouble.  Two rushes for 0 yards.  If he was a good pocket passer it would not be such a glaring stat.  If he spent as much time working on his game as he does on his wardrobe... well, at least he looks good... in his eyes.  

Daryl Williams... OMG he is a disaster at LT.  

4-12 or 3-11

It may be time to get a new coaching staff.  And can Hurney.  Our 2nd and 3rd round pick were healthy scratches last night as was our 3rd round pick from last year.  Yeah. thats not a good look.
How is Greg Little going to learn if he is on the practice squad?  He sure as hell couldn't do worse than D. Williams.  They should have switched Moton to LT in the 3rd.  Or better yet, can Alex Armah not pass protect?  McCaffrey spent the whole 2nd half trying to pick up blitzes.  Where is the help for that dreadful Williams?  

I know its crazy premature but if that came to pass would you cut ties with Cam and start over and draft one of the stud LT in this draft?

At this point I am conflicted but one thing is for sure Hurney is getting canned.  100%
Looking at the schedule I honestly don't see where they get more than 4 wins.  OOC is Houston, Tenn, Indy, Jax (maybe), Washington, SF (maybe) and of course, like every single year, Seattle.  

I'd certainly draft the best OT available in the 1st. We may have a top 5 pick.  Not sure I'm ready to cut ties with Cam, not for next year's QB class (not a fan of Tua as a pro).  Wouldn't mind trading him for a good haul, if possible.  If he can't run, he is a mediocre QB, at best.  

With you on Hurney.  Hope Tepper finds a good GM to take over.  Rivera is also about to run his course.  

Looking at the schedule I honestly don't see where they get more than 4 wins.  OOC is Houston, Tenn, Indy, Jax (maybe), Washington, SF (maybe) and of course, like every single year, Seattle.  

I'd certainly draft the best OT available in the 1st. We may have a top 5 pick.  Not sure I'm ready to cut ties with Cam, not for next year's QB class (not a fan of Tua as a pro).  Wouldn't mind trading him for a good haul, if possible.  If he can't run, he is a mediocre QB, at best.  

With you on Hurney.  Hope Tepper finds a good GM to take over.  Rivera is also about to run his course.  
I doubt you are going to get much as 2020 is the last year of his contract.  But, yeah, I think we're out of time on the Rivera/Cam era.

The energy level, especially for the offense, is just non-existent the last couple of years.  That starts with the QB.  And the head coach.  Speedy WR are not very useful if the QB can't hit them in stride.  Do they start to lose confidence in the QB? 

Maybe they can trade one of those 8 defensive linemen for some OL help.   Trade McCoy and/or Poe or V. Butler (another brilliant early round pick).  

I doubt you are going to get much as 2020 is the last year of his contract.  But, yeah, I think we're out of time on the Rivera/Cam era.
Yeah, I don't know of many teams in search of a QB.  Maybe Jacksonville if their new guy doesn't work out.  Tough spot we're in with Cam.  I sincerely hope they don't give him anywhere near a max contract next year.  Rivera/Cam/Hurney can all go imo.  

Yeah, I don't know of many teams in search of a QB.  Maybe Jacksonville if their new guy doesn't work out.  Tough spot we're in with Cam.  I sincerely hope they don't give him anywhere near a max contract next year.  Rivera/Cam/Hurney can all go imo.  
There will be a few teams like there always is, but I just don't see a big market for Cam unless he turns it around.  He just looks done.

On another note, looks like Gano may have lost his job.  Hopefully they can cut that salary and Slye will be our guy and have a Morten Anderson type career.  Love that Slye's kickoffs are all touch backs. 

Might give Cam one more week since it’s Arizona, but I have a short bench league and might have to pick up Big Ben or Stafford (not much else).

The throwing motion I can understand, but he’s not a pocket passer. Let Cam be Cam.

On another note, looks like Gano may have lost his job.  Hopefully they can cut that salary and Slye will be our guy and have a Morten Anderson type career.  Love that Slye's kickoffs are all touch backs. 
Mark my words. Joey Slye will set the NFL record for longest FG in history.

It may even happen this year.

So much this. Freaking yikes.

Cam is still hurting. Imo. 

5 days in and I am already close to not caring about football. Thanks, Panthers.
Yeah they needed to give that LT some help last night. Shaq Barrett looked like he was 1st All Pro last night 

Really thought they would try the 63 yd FG early in the 4th.

Kid was putting them thru halfway up the posts from 50+. 

Would have tied the game at 17 there and they would have only needed a FG to tie at the end instead of needing a TD.

They need to get Cam some runs. He just never really looked into it last night. Slow to get off the knee from the huddle. Just low energy and when Cam is low energy the offense is. He needs that spark a run gives him. And CMC needs him to run as well to help take the pressure off. Whatever the game plan has been they need to trash it.

How is it possible that we are in week 3 of the season and we are more than likely out of the playoffs with this roster?  Unreal.  Why did we play cam for 2 weeks if he was hurt? 

I think its a very likely possibility that the Cardinals get their first win on Sunday.

If he is out for an extended period of time just trade him to the bears or whoever fire everyone and make Licoln Riley an offer he cannot refuse and pray he can figure out how the NFL thing works. 

pantherclub said:
How is it possible that we are in week 3 of the season and we are more than likely out of the playoffs with this roster?  Unreal.  Why did we play cam for 2 weeks if he was hurt? 

I think its a very likely possibility that the Cardinals get their first win on Sunday.

If he is out for an extended period of time just trade him to the bears or whoever fire everyone and make Licoln Riley an offer he cannot refuse and pray he can figure out how the NFL thing works. 
The Bears are fairly happy with their cheap QB. Cam isn't getting traded. And college coaches succeeding at the pro level has a lot of history going against it. Especially if they have no prior pro coaching experience.

Said it in the Cam thread, I honestly think he retires after this season, or pulls an Andrew Luck. He just doesn't seem like he cares anymore. The passion isn't there. And let's be honest, he's been AWFUL. I hope the Panthers plan on drafting a QB next year because its a huge need right now. 

Well alright.  I know it was the Cards and not the best defense out there, but what an impressive performance.  Loved his accuracy, a word that isn't usually associated with Cam. It's nice to see open receivers catch the ball instead of watching it sail over their head.  

He also looked more mobile in the pocket than Cam has in 2 years. 

8 sacks.  The one INT from Jackson was  :eek: .  Dude got up.  

The general enthusiasm on both sides of the ball was refreshing.  Winning does that of course, but this is the first game they've shown that type of love this season.  Love Cam but he can be a bummer, and it rubs off.  

We knew the talk of the NFL this morning would be all about Daniel Jones' debut for NY, but I'll take the debut of Allen.  Want to see more.

I want to see more, too. And I agree the energy of the team was really different. I think of all the crap Cam gets about his play his inaccuracy and his tendency to be a front-runner in terms of disposition and leadership are the most fair/accurate. If Allen can show out in more than one game things could get interesting at least from a fan/media perspective.

My expectation from the team's perspective is that Cam gets his job back as soon as he's well. I hope they're more flexible than that and allow on field results to shape their decision (if Allen plays well for more than a game or two). But given Cam's status with the team I think he's probably viewed in he "earned the right" to get his job back category. That seems to be the overriding culture of the NFL for players with his track record (though maybe I am forgetting previous cases where an established player was left on the bench after full recovery).

sooooo....am I the only one that thought he'd do well?  I didn't think he'd do THAT well, but he played well against NO last year too.  I'm not over the moon on this keeping in mind it IS Arizona, but the opportunity is certainly there for him to take.  Looks like he's giving it his best shot.  I think I am ok with that.

sooooo....am I the only one that thought he'd do well?  I didn't think he'd do THAT well, but he played well against NO last year too.  I'm not over the moon on this keeping in mind it IS Arizona, but the opportunity is certainly there for him to take.  Looks like he's giving it his best shot.  I think I am ok with that.
I most certainly didnt think he would be that efficient and calm.  I dont care if it was the Cardinals the kid looked good.   The schedule looks good for the next month, sit cam let allen play and see what happens.  I think things get interesting if Allen goes something like 4-1 over the next 5.

I most certainly didnt think he would be that efficient and calm.  I dont care if it was the Cardinals the kid looked good.   The schedule looks good for the next month, sit cam let allen play and see what happens.  I think things get interesting if Allen goes something like 4-1 over the next 5.
The longer he has success the less the excuse "we needed Cam to play as soon as he was healthy" fades.  If he's even serviceable, there is no reason to rush Cam back..none.  Get him healthy and then have the discussion about the future.

The longer he has success the less the excuse "we needed Cam to play as soon as he was healthy" fades.  If he's even serviceable, there is no reason to rush Cam back..none.  Get him healthy and then have the discussion about the future.
Its going to be interesting to see what Cam thinks/does during all this.  Hopefully he is a good teammate

Its going to be interesting to see what Cam thinks/does during all this.  Hopefully he is a good teammate
You think the beauty queen who is more concerned that his scarf matches his glasses is going to be a good teammate? No way Cam doesn’t act like a big baby who had his toys taken away. If Allen continues to play anywhere close to the way he did yesterday, the blessing may be Cams expected temper tantrum that gives reason to end the relationship with Cam the Clown.

I feel like we're still stuck on the treadmill. It's looking like yet another season where the team is good enough to not have a high draft pick and not good enough to contend. Don't get me wrong, there are some positives. The front seven feasted on two bad o-lines in a row, but the pass rush is nice to see nonetheless. Allen didn't blow up but made some key throws. But what direction is the team headed in exactly? McCaffrey is amazing but where's the development of the offense beyond him (the lack of targets for Moore is especially baffling to me)? 

Allen's ball security is troubling.  Take away the 6 fumbles and we win comfortably.  Defense was good, especially Bradberry's defending of Hopkins.  And of course the pass rush.  Joey Slye is very good. 

Hear the comparisons of Moore to Steve Smith but he doesn't have the killer instinct that Smith had.  The will to get open and make plays.  At least not yet.  Samuel is developing into a nice WR.  

Any win is a good win and other than the QB mistakes, the Panthers looked very good this week.  Look what the Bucs did to the Rams in LA.  That loss back on the Thursday night doesn't look quite as bad as first thought, imo.  

BassNBrew said:
Back to square one. We stole one today. 

Jags, bucs, 49ners.  Should be able to win two
This seems unfair. Against a pretty decent defense an oline with a rookie left tackle held it's own and looks to be coming together as Paradis looks more comfortable every week. The defense continues to look ever more dominate. One of the best pass defenses in the league and tied for first in sacks. And we are missing KK. CMC now shares a record with Jim Brown for rushing and touchdowns in the first 4 games. And Will "who?" Allen kept his composure and kept playing. We got a second road win in a row. That is not an easy thing even at the best of times. Much less when your franchise QB is out and there is no real timetable for his return. This was a good, neccessary win that we will hopefully follow up successfully. 

I thought Allen looked fantastic in just his 3rd start
Yeah even though he's been around for a bit he's still kind of like a rookie as far as playing time goes. So I expect mistakes I just want to see them not be repetitive.  I think he throws a decent ball. Good placement mostly. If he can keep.growing we may have a pretty decent QB on our hands. And as I've said before I don't think Cam gets another big dollar contract here if they have a viable alternative. 

Allen looked fine and made a few key throws that secured the win.  He was stripped of the ball while in the pocket 3 times, that's all.  

Users who are viewing this thread