What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****The 2019 Carolina Panthers Thread**** We Rhule At Losing (1 Viewer)

It appears Star will be out several weeks with either a stress fracture or a stess reaction, depending on which report you read, same foot as was injured last season. No timetable given.

It appears Star will be out several weeks with either a stress fracture or a stess reaction, depending on which report you read, same foot as was injured last season. No timetable given.
Not off to a great start this season.
This bothers me way more than Hill. Star is such a big part of the success the front 7 have had. Hoping he can be back in time for the regular season.

Any news on how Ealy looks? He came alive towards the end of the season and might be a bit of a breakout player this year.

Any news on how Ealy looks? He came alive towards the end of the season and might be a bit of a breakout player this year.
The only Ealy mention I have seen recently is that Oher held his own against him. I think Alexander is your breakout guy.

Today Funchess left practice after landing on his shoulder. All reports are that it was minor. Boykin had his best day as a Panther making some nice catches including a TD.

On a side note just a reminder I will be at camp Sunday for the afternoon practice if anyone would like to meet up.

Panthers are doing a series called "Camp Confidential" which looks to be their idea of Hard Knocks. First 30 minute episode is up on Panthers.com. check it out.

They weren't really set up to handle the crowd well. Upper deck didn't have any concessions open and a few of the ramps/escalators blocked off.

Went to camp today. First time. It was fun. We had a good day for it as it was warm but cloudy so we didn't get cooked. Wasn't packed but a pretty decent crowd was there.

Got to see Kelvin continue his outstanding camp. Made a couple of highlight catches and didn't drop anything that I saw.

Stewart and Artis-Payne were running strong.

Norman made a great play knocking a ball away.

Bersin made a couple of nice catches including one between two defenders.

Boykin made some real nice catches and seemed to be continuing his recent good play.

Saw Williams make some good blocks at RT.

Generally was watching the offense.

Nice facility, easy to get to, and parking was decent. No problem getting in or out. A good time was had by all.

Forgot to include Byrd. They are looking for ways to get him the ball and he looked pretty good. I am really starting to think they keep 7 WRs. Coach even hinted at it himself.

Went to camp today. First time. It was fun. We had a good day for it as it was warm but cloudy so we didn't get cooked. Wasn't packed but a pretty decent crowd was there.

Got to see Kelvin continue his outstanding camp. Made a couple of highlight catches and didn't drop anything that I saw.
This just reaffirms my belief that KB is going to have a really really good year.

Forgot to include Byrd. They are looking for ways to get him the ball and he looked pretty good. I am really starting to think they keep 7 WRs. Coach even hinted at it himself.
Super quick. I enjoyed watching him make plays at South Carolina. Hope he makes the team. With him, Ginn and Brown, there is some really good speed at slot/wideout to go with the other big strong targets we have.

simey said:
Cam and Josh Norman got into a fight today on the field. :boxing: link
I thought they were going to get into it yesterday. They were talking the whole practice. Camp frustration setting in, time to have someone else to hit.

Looks like Oher had a nice game. And those are some pretty good ends. If this is a trend the Panthers might have a serviceable LT.

Funchess with a couple of nice grabs. Slow start for Cam and the offense, but that was a nice last drive for the first offense.

To see the enthusiasm from the sidelines after the last score and 2 pt conversion was so refreshing. If you didn't know any better you'd think they just won the NFC championship game. Don't know how many starting QBs would be first on the field to congratulate the third team offense like that. Good leadership by Cam, imo.

BassNBrew said:
Actually this isn't a huge concern for me. While he's a good player, I think Funchess can potentially fill his role.
I think so too, but aren't two of these guys a LOT better than one? Its very concerning, its not like Funchess was going to ride the bench while Benjamin played.

BassNBrew said:
Actually this isn't a huge concern for me. While he's a good player, I think Funchess can potentially fill his role.
Funchess hasn't shown the same step up now that Benji did. The idea was he'd have a year to grow into it because he needed the coaching. Now tweaked hammy and all a lot of pressure just fell on him. I am worried. Not panicked,yet, but worried.

BassNBrew said:
ZWK will probably tell you he's better than Benjamin.

Do the Panthers give Reggie Wayne a call?

Maybe trade with the Giants who are pretty deep at WR and have a relationship with Gettlemen (sp) ?

BassNBrew said:
Wishful thinking? They're in pretty much the same spot as last year now, except I personally have no faith in Funchess. Hopeful sure, but I was looking forward to KB developing.

Olsen is gonna be busy.

Maybe trade with the Giants who are pretty deep at WR and have a relationship with Gettlemen (sp) ?
That would be great. Why is he still a FA anyway?

Don't see a big trade going down, doesn't seem to fit the Panthers mo.

That would be great. Why is he still a FA anyway? Don't see a big trade going down, doesn't seem to fit the Panthers mo.
He's 37 and hasn't broken the 800 yard mark in the last 2 years. Not sure how much he has left.

Users who are viewing this thread