Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5 digit know nothing

The Joe Schmo Show

48 posts in this topic

This was already on at some point I think. Is this a reboot?http://www.spike.com/full-episodes/pykcgc/the-joe-schmo-show-the-bounty-begins-season-1-ep-101Seems like it could be entertaining.

I watched the first episode last night...very funny!

Almost started this thread last night. Really thought it was funny. This is reality TV I can get in to!

I saw bits and pieces last night. It was funny so I'm watching it fully tonight. Who does he sound like? His voice sounds like an actor of some sort. ETA: Try to tell me he doesn't sound like Harland Williams

Loved the original. Ralph Garman and Kristen Wiig were on it.

The original season of this was really good, but the second season sucked. I wonder if this will be as good as the first.

The original season of this show was sooooo great. I watched the first two episodes last night and I'm hopeful they'll match season one's level of funny. The whole schtick is hilarious but it takes them walking a very fine line to pull it off. High hopes.

watching it now.. pretty funny but the shows producers had to think a guy in the age range of the "Joe" would recognize the dude from Super Troopers

Agreed, I was entertained. Looks like they chose a good target.I like the painting on the wall in the living room w/ the bounty hunter and his wife/gf or whatever she is portraying

She is smokin hot

Dang, hope it is on demand, i loved the original

The original season of this was really good, but the second season sucked. I wonder if this will be as good as the first.

I know the woman from season 2. She was hammered the whole time.

The first season was the best television that has ever been broadcast.This season looks good so far.

I caught the end of this before wrestling last night. WTF was Lorenzo Lamas doing being led away in handcuffs?

I caught the end of this before wrestling last night. WTF was Lorenzo Lamas doing being led away in handcuffs?

He was voted off

He was voted off
:thumbup: The hunters become the hunted (bounty hunter show), get it?

Caught up, loving it. Very close to the first so far. Lamas crushed it, wish they kept him."deaf" girl with ventriloquist dummy was :lmao:

"deaf" girl with ventriloquist dummy was :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: brilliant bit. loved it :thumbup:

Amazing show. Just saw season one. Holy crap was that awesome. That guy was a casting grand slam that could never be followed

this show doesnt disappointwe did lose a little eye candy though

INteresting twist on this would be if the joe was in on it and messing with all the actors. :jawdrop:

The Indigo Girls bit last night just slayed me. Not quite as much as Carly's laughing jag though....awesome. Still loving this show.

I've tried to get into this show, but I just can't. It feels too hokey for me. Not sure what it is, but it just doesn't do it for me.

This season really sucks IMO and i loved the first two seasons after catching up on them recently.The whole show feels off to me, I cant for 1 second buy that any normal human being would believe that hardened criminals would be released for 1 day to participate in a reality show. Its just not possible to believe that. Maybe if it was prisoners serving 25 years already and had a few left, they wouldnt risk escaping because it wouldnt make sense. But to say there are guys that are a few years into 25+ sentences and this Joe believes they really are prisoners and not only that, that the Show would risk having hardened criminals chained to real contestants, that too far a reach IMO.Nothing in seasons 1 and 2 was this outrageous in terms of believe ability.Also the deaf girl has a tough part to play but her losing her marbles like that is enough grounds to alert Joe that she is not who she says she is.This season was well planned but the elaborate shtick just doesnt hit nearly as funny as the earlier seasons. The Animal shtick was cute for a second, but its so dumb at this point the Joe has to know its stupidity. In Season 1 they would break the plate of the contestant and say "you are now dead to us" that was waaay over the line but it was something that the Joe never questioned as being fake, this stuff is so fake he almost has to be in on it the whole time for him not to question it

Also the deaf girl has a tough part to play but her losing her marbles like that is enough grounds to alert Joe that she is not who she says she is.

If he didn't catch on after she heard him talking and responded to his statement, he's not going to catch on.

Season 1 still the best IMO.

INteresting twist on this would be if the joe was in on it and messing with all the actors. :jawdrop:

Just now checking out this thread - but that was my thought as well. You can't trump the original show when the only one being played was Joe Schmo; but you COULD up the ante by playing all the actors (unbeknowst to them). This would be far more elaborate as Joe would know just to play along and not let on while the "other" actors would be sweating bullets at their slightest screw up or break from character. If that is what is happening, then it is genious. If that is not what is happening then there is a likelihood that the current Joe Schmo might be the dumbest person ever. The schtick is just too over the top to be remotely believable.

:lmao: Geez, I looked it up and now I remember her. Based on IMDB, that was basically her first real role. That makes that show even better. I loved that one.

:lmao: Geez, I looked it up and now I remember her. Based on IMDB, that was basically her first real role. That makes that show even better. I loved that one.
yeah, i bet the show regrets not using her much though. Being that I watched the show recently i was obviously monitoring her character Dr Pat, the closest. She only had two real "acting" scenes in the show and she was amazing in both of them. She had to play a fake therapist to calm Matt down after there was a big fight and she was awesome there and she had to act crazy during the talent show and she bursted out a few swear words in a show with dolls and didnt break into a fit of laughter which was probably really hard to do.

Just now checking out this thread - but that was my thought as well. You can't trump the original show when the only one being played was Joe Schmo; but you COULD up the ante by playing all the actors (unbeknowst to them). This would be far more elaborate as Joe would know just to play along and not let on while the "other" actors would be sweating bullets at their slightest screw up or break from character. If that is what is happening, then it is genious. If that is not what is happening then there is a likelihood that the current Joe Schmo might be the dumbest person ever. The schtick is just too over the top to be remotely believable.
I just dont think the Joe could be playing us and the viewers since if that was the case and he was in on it, he would be creating much more drama than just right now starting the whole "is this a setup" thing. They would have had the actors, all of them on their toes way more by now if he was being instructed to mess with them.

I think he has to buy it, with so much garbage on tv, all reality shows do dumb stuff to try an make it over the top.I mean rock of love bus....

I think he has to buy it, with so much garbage on tv, all reality shows do dumb stuff to try an make it over the top.I mean rock of love bus....

This. And this is why I like the show so much. It's just so over the top and so unbelievable, but the "mark" is so emotionally involved in being on the show that I can see how they'd just roll with everything, no matter how ludicrous it might all seem. Many of the things that are done and said on the show wouldn't be funny at all if not within the context of such an outrageous setup.

Was the interpreter on the office tonight

"She said #### a duck to an actual duck"

Well, maybe now they've gone too far. I'm having an issue trying to figure out what the actual game show here is. It's not set up like it's a real show. They're not actually learning anything, and so far like a third of the "challenges" had to be called off. What's the competition here? What criteria are they supposed to be using to determine who to vote off? I'm having a hard time following the show-within-the-show, which may be part of why this season feels so off and why Chase is apparently suspicious.

Are the first two seasons of this on netflix streaming? Just heard about it for the first time recently and am intrigued.

Are the first two seasons of this on netflix streaming? Just heard about it for the first time recently and am intrigued.

Not sure but the very first season was the best

Not sure but the very first season was the best
I believe they have it, but not streaming.Agreed, first season was really good. This season has been pretty good IMO. This Joe is very likable.

This season has been terrible sadly. The pranks on the Joe are not even funny they are supposed to make him scared which is stupid since fear isnt as good as just confusing the hell out of him as they did to the Joes in season 1 and 2.I watched the other two recently so its easier to compare the shows. This season has been terrible, the actors are pretty bad, even the easiest actor to play, the A Hole is not funny. Remember how funny Hutch was? Remember the stalker Bryce? that was comedy gold, this season we have Carly when she isnt screwing up and no one else.