What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 2013 KC Royals Thread (1 Viewer)

Royals in first place in the early going, I guess we see if their for real when they play the tigers starting today. Good luck Royals

Nice start especially from their starting pitchers. Except for the ridiculous two game interleague series agains Atlanta, they've played teams that have been either poor or cold.

We'll see in a couple of weeks but my bold prediction that Ned Yost would be the first manager sacked isn't looking very good.

Bump - taking 3/4 from Boston and basically winning every series since the all-star break is giving me a pretty big boner.

Don't think we can make the wild card or win the division because detroit is sick.... but we might just be one big HR guy away from being a potential playoff team in '14

Bump - taking 3/4 from Boston and basically winning every series since the all-star break is giving me a pretty big boner.

Don't think we can make the wild card or win the division because detroit is sick.... but we might just be one big HR guy away from being a potential playoff team in '14
how about that wil myers kids?

shadyridr said:
Dentist said:

how about that wil myers kids?
Will Myers kids? Are you looking for pics?

It was a nice run for awhile. Royals are gonna get buried this weekend.
Doubt it. They have outplayed the Tigers all year so I'm just hoping to win the series.

Royals are in good shape and the acquisition of Bonerface only adds to the speed already on hand. He plays some tragic defense though, so don't expect a Cain/Dyson compliment in LF or wherever he mostly plays (2B?). If they weren't in the Tigers division I'd be rooting for them, heck of a second half run to even be in the conversation IMO.

Royals 9th Kevin Pillar in left Casey Janssen pitching: David Lough : Strike looking, Ball, Lough hit by pitch. Jarrod Dyson : Strike looking, Strike swinging, Ball, Ball, Dyson struck out swinging George Kottaras hit for Alcides Escobar. George Kottaras : Ball, Ball, Strike looking, Kottaras singled to right, Lough to third Chris Getz ran for George Kottaras. Alex Gordon : Strike looking, Ball, Ball, Foul, Gordon struck out swinging. Emilio Bonifacio : Ball, Strike looking, Foul, Ball, Ball, Getz caught stealing,catcher to shortstop. End of Inning (0 Runs, 1 Hit, 0 Errors) Winning run at the plate and you get caught stealing to end game?

someone needs to start a 2014 thread, the Royals are one of the best stories in mlb in 2014

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep looking at this team and thinking, "Who are these guys?"

Some very nice young players for sure. That being said, I am rooting hard for them to win the Central and set up an ALDS match-up with the Orioles, as the Tigers rotation (Verlander's struggles notwithstanding) scares me in a playoff series.

Great season so far, and I hope they keep it going.

Some very nice young players for sure. That being said, I am rooting hard for them to win the Central and set up an ALDS match-up with the Orioles, as the Tigers rotation (Verlander's struggles notwithstanding) scares me in a playoff series.

be hard to hold off the tigers, but the royals are fun to watch

Another come from behind victory for the Royals, down 1 zero after 7 and win 6-1 (disclaimer playing Twins), but this team is looking more and more like the real deal.

A lock down end of the pen shortens any game too. Wade Davis is out of his mind crazy dominant this season.
They tried Davis at the back of the rotation twice and he was terrible. Then they give him 8th-inning duty and he's unhittable. With Davis and Holland to pitch the 8th and 9th backed by spectacular outfield defense (if a ball to the outfield has a bow on it and stays in the park, it's caught), it's really tough to win from behind. You gotta take care of it by the 5th or 6th.

A lock down end of the pen shortens any game too. Wade Davis is out of his mind crazy dominant this season.
They tried Davis at the back of the rotation twice and he was terrible. Then they give him 8th-inning duty and he's unhittable. With Davis and Holland to pitch the 8th and 9th backed by spectacular outfield defense (if a ball to the outfield has a bow on it and stays in the park, it's caught), it's really tough to win from behind. You gotta take care of it by the 5th or 6th.
Or... Survive the 9th and win it in extra innings. :wall:

The Royals will be honoring U.L. Washington's toothpick prior to their first playoff game.
If I had to guess the ceremonial first-pitch thrower, is go with Willie Wilson. George Brett is a VP with the team, Frank White is running for office. Wilson has rallied from drug problems and bankruptcy and put his life back together. Would be nice to see him out on the field next week.

The Royals will be honoring U.L. Washington's toothpick prior to their first playoff game.
If I had to guess the ceremonial first-pitch thrower, is go with Willie Wilson. George Brett is a VP with the team, Frank White is running for office. Wilson has rallied from drug problems and bankruptcy and put his life back together. Would be nice to see him out on the field next week.
Jorge Orta.

Jorge Orta.
Yeah, I'm going to have to go Bugs Meany on your ### for that one. :boxing:

OK, Great Season, now I hope they no longer keep it going.

Where you Royals fans at?

Excited for the start of the 2015 Royals campaign.

• Royals payroll over $100M
  • Ventura locked up for the next 5 years
  • Holland, Davis, Herrera - wicked shutdown bullpen
Lots of optimism in KC these days.

Couldn't make it to opening day - got tickets for the family for next weekend.

Excited for the start of the 2015 Royals campaign.

• Royals payroll over $100M
  • Ventura locked up for the next 5 years
  • Holland, Davis, Herrera - wicked shutdown bullpen
Lots of optimism in KC these days.

Couldn't make it to opening day - got tickets for the family for next weekend.
The division is going to be tough and they are going to miss Shields, but the Royals should be a lot of fun to watch with their running game and outfield defense.

The K is a great place to catch a game. I like hitting up the Friday Night Fireworks nights 1-2 times a season: friendly crowd, relaxing ballpark with great sightlines and views, postgame fireworks show incorporating the outfield fountains is a nice bonus and spreads out the postgame traffic a bit. But really, any game night there is a fantastic way to spend an evening with the family. Have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread