What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Robert Griffin III - RGIII RG3 (1 Viewer)

ImTheScientist said:
jurb26 said:
PatsWillWin said:
jurb26 said:
zftcg said:
jurb26 said:
It's probably a bit earlier for the trade speculation, but how serious is it? RG3 is still working off a rookie contract so it's not like he's a huge cap problem.
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/rg3-robert-griffin-10-possible-destinations/
I doubt Buf has the ammunition to get RG3. I'd imagine he still fetches at least a 1st and some other stuff. They don't have a 1st. I'd love to see him end up there, however.It would be somewhat hilarious if he ended up in St. L after all is said and done.
:no:
Kolb fetched a 1st and a pro bowl CB.
Looks like you still overrate bob griffin .... He is not good
Neither are your Seahawks

Rotoworld:

Sources tell the Washington Post it's "highly unlikely" Robert Griffin III will return to the Redskins next season.

On draft day in 2012, the Redskins gave the Rams their first-round picks in 2012, 2013 and 2014 in addition to a 2012 second-rounder for the right to take Griffin No. 2 overall. He was spectacular while leading the Redskins to the playoffs as a rookie, but suffered a career-altering ACL tear in the Wild Card game against the Seahawks. Since then, RG3 has tanked in terms of on-field performance, getting benched by Mike Shanahan late last year and again by Jay Gruden this year. Gruden appears to have convinced meddling owner Dan Snyder that the Redskins need to find a quarterback that fits his pocket-passer scheme, meaning Griffin can likely be had for pennies on the dollar this offseason.

Related: Colt McCoy, Kirk Cousins

Source: Washington Post
Nov 27 - 9:20 AM

It's probably a bit earlier for the trade speculation, but how serious is it? RG3 is still working off a rookie contract so it's not like he's a huge cap problem.
I doubt Buf has the ammunition to get RG3. I'd imagine he still fetches at least a 1st and some other stuff. They don't have a 1st. I'd love to see him end up there, however.It would be somewhat hilarious if he ended up in St. L after all is said and done.
Because he was a backup to a good quarterback and people thought he was good. That's a little different than people thinking you were good, and then your team benching you for Colt McCoy.

Because he was a backup to a good quarterback and people thought he was good. That's a little different than people thinking you were good, and then your team benching you for Colt McCoy.
It was a 2nd and DRC

No comparison, would be lucky to get a 5th.

@AdamSchefter: There's a "real chance" Robert Griffin III will be Washington's starting QB before this season is over, per source.

For Jay Gruden, the best place for Robert Griffin III is elsewhereJay Gruden wanted Robert Griffin III to succeed, but he felt he had no choice last week other than to bench the Washington Redskins’ once-apparent franchise savior despite the wide-ranging consequences. And while it’s unclear whether owner Dan Snyder and President and General Manager Bruce Allen are in lock step with their coach, it’s helpful to examine what convinced Gruden that the franchise must part ways with the 2012 offensive rookie of the year. By making the bold move, Gruden has set the tone for Griffin’s future as the offseason draws near, and the power of Gruden’s assessment will be crucial as he tries to persuade Snyder and Allen to follow him.

Although Gruden had doubts about Griffin before coming to Washington in January, Griffin was his unquestioned starter from the offseason workouts through training camp to Week 1 of this season. After working with Griffin for more than 10 months, however, Gruden is now done with him, according to people within the organization.

Through three preseason games and five starts in the regular season, Gruden has seen enough to realize Griffin at best is a long-term project as a pocket passer. Griffin was too deliberate reading defenses and displayed poor footwork and an alarming lack of pocket presence for a signal-caller in his third NFL season.

Also, Gruden’s assessment goes deeper than Griffin’s play. He has major concerns about Griffin’s decision making off the field, which has come to light through conversations with team officials at Redskins Park.

To Gruden, Griffin seemed more concerned about enhancing his brand than about honing his pocket skills. Often, Gruden rolled his eyes after being informed about the life lessons the 24-year-old offered on social media. Gruden became frustrated that Griffin, even after Gruden benched him, failed to acknowledge his role in his failure.

If it were up to Gruden, the Redskins would make a clean break in the offseason, taking whatever they could get for Griffin in a trade. But despite Griffin’s awful performance — he hasn’t won a game in more than a year while being benched in successive seasons — the situation may not be so clear-cut for Snyder and Allen, who had key roles in the decision to trade four high-round draft picks for the opportunity to select Griffin.

It wouldn’t be surprising if Snyder and Allen were tempted to give Griffin another shot at reclaiming the starting job. Or they could take a hard-line approach in trade talks, hoping to recoup a portion of the king’s ransom it took to get Griffin. In either scenario, the Redskins would wind up as losers.

In the NFL, the head coach-quarterback relationship is the most important on the team. A productive one can help provide the foundation of a championship organization. Conversely, it’s a bad idea to force a coach to work with a quarterback in whom he has no confidence.

If Gruden were merely aggravated about Griffin’s miscues, Gruden could work through that. Early in Brett Favre’s career with the Green Bay Packers, Mike Holmgren often wanted to strangle Favre for his blockheaded play. During their days with the New York Giants, Bill Parcells repeatedly blasted Phil Simms on the sidelines. Terry Bradshaw and Chuck Noll had such a contentious union that they barely spoke for 20 years after Bradshaw retired.

But Holmgren, Parcells and Noll all believed they were working with quarterbacks capable of achieving greatness. Gruden does not share that view about Griffin.

If Griffin were willing to remain in the background, perhaps Gruden could tolerate having him on the roster as a backup next season. But Griffin craves attention. The spotlight always finds him — or he makes sure it does.

The belief around the league is that for Griffin to have any hope of reviving his career, he must get his priorities in order. To say the least, the Redskins won’t have a ton of leverage in trying to trade Griffin.

Considering Gruden’s firm stance, though, trading Griffin is the logical option. And if Snyder and Allen drag their feet or tell Gruden he must give Griffin one more chance, then Gruden may have to come up with an exit strategy even faster than Mike Shanahan did.

Realizing he faces a formidable challenge, Gruden is eager to roll up his sleeves. To help Gruden get the job done, Snyder and Allen should remove the albatross around his neck.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/for-jay-gruden-the-best-place-for-robert-griffin-iii-is-elsewhere/2014/12/03/911e0cde-7a69-11e4-9a27-6fdbc612bff8_story.html?wprss=rss_redskins-page-shell&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

That's the Washington Post

Trade him where? Who would want a 3rd string quarterback who views himself as an elite talent?

Jay Gruden - C - Redskins

The Washington Post reports the Redskins are considering firing Jay Gruden after the season.

Despite signing a fully guaranteed five-year deal this offseason, Gruden could be "one and done" in Washington. Owner Daniel Snyder and GM Bruce Allen were not completely on board with the decision to bench Robert Griffin III, leading to reports that Griffin could still make more starts this year. Gruden has led the Redskins to just three wins and regressed the careers of both Griffin and Kirk Cousins. If ownership decides to commit to Griffin in 2015, Washington could move on from Gruden.

Source: Washington Post Dec 6 - 5:58 PM
This is such a bad idea if true and not because I think Gruden is a great coach, far from it in fact. However, how would Snyder and Allen ever expect to attract qualified head coaching candidates in the future if they pulled this. It blows my mind. It's the exact, 180 degree wrong thing to do, which is why I'm sure it will happen. Poor Redskins fans.

The Washington Post reports the Redskins are considering firing Jay Gruden after the season.

Despite signing a fully guaranteed five-year deal this offseason, Gruden could be "one and done" in Washington. Owner Daniel Snyder and GM Bruce Allen were not completely on board with the decision to bench Robert Griffin III, leading to reports that Griffin could still make more starts this year. Gruden has led the Redskins to just three wins and regressed the careers of both Griffin and Kirk Cousins. If ownership decides to commit to Griffin in 2015, Washington could move on from Gruden.

This is such a bad idea if true and not because I think Gruden is a great coach, far from it in fact. However, how would Snyder and Allen ever expect to attract qualified head coaching candidates in the future if they pulled this. It blows my mind. It's the exact, 180 degree wrong thing to do, which is why I'm sure it will happen. Poor Redskins fans.
:lmao:

Five seasons of pay for one season of work? I imagine coaches would be lining up.

Wow.

Snotbubbles can you go shine the Eagles SB trophies instead of taking shots at RG3? Oh wait....

Archer said:
Snotbubbles can you go shine the Eagles SB trophies instead of taking shots at RG3? Oh wait....
Would rather have no Superbowls than have any from over 20 years ago and have to watch the joke of an organization you guys do for the foreseeable future.

Snotbubbles said:
Archer said:
1960 NFL champions. Redskin fans only have stuff from 25 years ago to cheer about I thought you'd know about that trophy.
Whoa! Yeah, I guess it's easy to forget about that 1960 championship. :lol:

Rotoworld:

Robert Griffin III will be the Redskins' starter for Week 15 if Colt McCoy (neck) can't gain medical clearance.
Another week, another episode of As the RGIII Turns. Coach Jay Gruden was evasive when asked if McCoy would remain under center if cleared. It's obviously not a certainty, but we'd guess RGIII is reinserted against the Giants. The Redskins are accomplishing nothing by playing journeyman McCoy. RGIII has been dreadful in 2014, but it's not as if more time in Gruden's offense could hurt things long term.

Related: Colt McCoy

Source: Redskins on Twitter
Dec 8 - 3:06 PM

Faust said:
Rotoworld:

Robert Griffin III will be the Redskins' starter for Week 15 if Colt McCoy (neck) can't gain medical clearance.
Another week, another episode of As the RGIII Turns. Coach Jay Gruden was evasive when asked if McCoy would remain under center if cleared. It's obviously not a certainty, but we'd guess RGIII is reinserted against the Giants. The Redskins are accomplishing nothing by playing journeyman McCoy. RGIII has been dreadful in 2014, but it's not as if more time in Gruden's offense could hurt things long term.

Uggghh, The only reason any of this matters is do I pick up the opposing Defense or not. Otherwise, an irrelevant QB on an irrelevant Franchise.

Give the guy a break. He has almost as many wins in his first three years as Joey Harrington.

And those were Joey's good years!

Rotoworld:

Uggghh, The only reason any of this matters is do I pick up the opposing Defense or not. Otherwise, an irrelevant QB on an irrelevant Franchise.
If Griff starts, I'm starting the Giants.

Only question is what to do with Reed.

Rotoworld:

If Griff starts, I'm starting the Giants.

Only question is what to do with Reed.
BOOM

Rotoworld:

Speaking Thursday, Redskins coach Jay Gruden said he doesn't need to see any more of Robert Griffin III in action to know what he can and cannot do on a football field.

It essentially means Gruden has zero faith in RGIII's ability to get better. It's a damning indictment considering Gruden is currently going with pop-gun armed, journeyman Colt McCoy under center. RGIII has been horrendous in limited action this season, and Grudes apparently believes that's just who he is as a quarterback. RGIII badly needs a second chance with a different team. His affinity for drama makes him a poor fit on the circus-like Redskins. It's quite possible Griffin simply isn't the same since tearing up his knee in January 2013, but it's too early to throw in the towel.

Source: Dianna Marie Russini on Twitter

Dec 11 - 1:30 PM

Rotoworld:

Speaking Thursday, Redskins coach Jay Gruden said he doesn't need to see any more of Robert Griffin III in action to know what he can and cannot do on a football field.

It essentially means Gruden has zero faith in RGIII's ability to get better. It's a damning indictment considering Gruden is currently going with pop-gun armed, journeyman Colt McCoy under center. RGIII has been horrendous in limited action this season, and Grudes apparently believes that's just who he is as a quarterback. RGIII badly needs a second chance with a different team. His affinity for drama makes him a poor fit on the circus-like Redskins. It's quite possible Griffin simply isn't the same since tearing up his knee in January 2013, but it's too early to throw in the towel.

Oh my God people! Why does this thread keep getting bumped?

Seriously, he sucks. It would be just as useful to discuss "what's ahead for Christian Ponder" at this point.

Rotoworld:

Seriously, he sucks. It would be just as useful to discuss "what's ahead for Christian Ponder" at this point.
Seriously, at least Ponder has a smokeshow wife.

Rotoworld:

Speaking Thursday, Redskins coach Jay Gruden said he doesn't need to see any more of Robert Griffin III in action to know what he can and cannot do on a football field.It essentially means Gruden has zero faith in RGIII's ability to get better. It's a damning indictment considering Gruden is currently going with pop-gun armed, journeyman Colt McCoy under center. RGIII has been horrendous in limited action this season, and Grudes apparently believes that's just who he is as a quarterback. RGIII badly needs a second chance with a different team. His affinity for drama makes him a poor fit on the circus-like Redskins. It's quite possible Griffin simply isn't the same since tearing up his knee in January 2013, but it's too early to throw in the towel.

Seriously, at least Ponder has a smokeshow wife.
To be fair, RG3's wife is pretty cute, too.

Rotoworld:

Robert Griffin III - QB - Redskins

Speaking Tuesday, coach Jay Gruden said it's important for the Redskins to get an early lead in Saturday's game against the Eagles so they can limit Robert Griffin III's dropbacks and reading of the defense.

Gruden might as well have just come out and said he thinks RGIII stinks. Gruden also said Griffin needs to "get up quicker," and "avoid awkward hits and falls." He wants RGIII to be "more savvy." Gruden hates the way RGIII plays quarterback, and he's making sure he gets it on the public record before the offseason. Grudes has supposedly been told he'll be back for 2015, so it's seeming safer and safer to assume Griffin is a goner in Washington.

Source: Mike Jones on Twitter

Dec 16 - 2:44 PM

Rotoworld:

Redskins coach Jay Gruden's Tuesday comments about Robert Griffin III come across much softer in context.

"(It's) important for us to try to have some success on first and second down so we don’t have to drop back and throw it 30 times a game," Gruden said. "(When) you get behind, you get in third down, you get behind the chains, those have to be accomplished — the drop-back reads and progressions have to be accomplished, and that’s something we’re fighting through right now." Gruden's comments are non-controversial when taken in their full form, but came across as inflammatory in a series of tweets from the conference call. It took hours for the comments to be presented in their proper context. Regardless of today's brouhaha, Gruden is clearly not RGIII's No. 1 fan. It's hard to see the two coexisting for 2015.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

Dec 16 - 5:37 PM

Users who are viewing this thread