What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Better Deal ? (1 Viewer)

SwampDawg

Footballguy
Season 2 of our league and I am light on pitching. I've got Kershaw ($41) and CC ($30) at the top of the rotation and Alex Cobb under a franchise player option for only a $1 but after that the cupboards are bare. Not a lot of talent available in the upcoming free agent draft (AJ Burnett, Paul Maholm, Wandy Rodriguez, Andy Petitte, Jason Hammel, etc) basically a bunch of guys I would be ok with as my 4th/5th starter but I would like a more solid #3 SP. Lucky for me I do have some cap space available and a few guys are up against it so I might be able to take on an overpriced salary in a deal. I have a couple possible deals in the works and want to see which you guys would take and if there are any you flat out would not take.Deal #1 (I like this the best so far but the other guy isn't sure)I get - Johnny Cueto (4 years @ $8) and Carlo Gonzalez (1 year @ $40)I give - Aramis Ramirez (2 years @ $22), John Jay (2 years @ $1) or Michael Cuddyer (2 years @ $12) and Matt Barnes minor league rights.Deal #2 (Same owner as deal #1, guy is loaded with pitching but up against the cap and in need of hitting)I get - Felix Hernadez (2 years @ $36)I give - Aramis Ramirez (2 years @ $22)Deal #3 (Different owner)I get - Dan Haren (1 year @ $29) and Trevor Cahill (1 year @ $4)I give - Aramis Ramirez (2 years @ $22) and Mason Williams minor league rights.With deals 2 and 3 I have a 50/50 chance of flipping Cuddyear for Will middlebrooks and the #1 pick in this years minor league draft. Deal 1 I would need to figure out 3B as the pickings in the free agent draft are really slim but I love the idea of Cueto as my #3 starter at $8 for the next 4 years and CarGo could give me a nice boost this year if he bounces back.

Tough decision between Deal #1 and Deal #2. Wouldn't even really consider Deal #3 with those other two on the table. I lean Deal #2.

Tough decision between Deal #1 and Deal #2. Wouldn't even really consider Deal #3 with those other two on the table. I lean Deal #2.
Agreed. Should probably take Cueto and Cargo because of the four-year deal on Cueto, but locking down King Felix for two seasons seems like a nice option as well.

Users who are viewing this thread