Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

49ernut

Dynasty Trade

8 posts in this topic

What improvements, if any would you make with my roster in a PPR dynasty league? I'm coming off winning the title and at this point unless I can get a top tier WR or RB, I don't see any moves that need to be made. Have inquires on Russell Wilson and could get a 2nd or maybe 1st and Vincent Brown or Ryan Williams for him. Could even package Wilson and D. Richardson for a pick and both Brown and Williams. I'm always looking to build my depth and I will need a successor for Andre at some point in the next year or two. Leave me a link and I will answer yours.

I wouldn't deal Wilson for that.

Why's that? The way I see it, Wilson is my third best QB, granted, he could end up better than Kaepernick but from what I've seen, Kaepernick is the better one at this point because of his running which scores him like a RB. I'm looking to maybe deal him to a Ray Rice owner and upgrade my RB position. A Spiller/McCoy/Rice would be dang nice. Thanks for the feedback though.

I wouldn't deal Wilson for that.

Why's that? The way I see it, Wilson is my third best QB, granted, he could end up better than Kaepernick but from what I've seen, Kaepernick is the better one at this point because of his running which scores him like a RB. I'm looking to maybe deal him to a Ray Rice owner and upgrade my RB position. A Spiller/McCoy/Rice would be dang nice. Thanks for the feedback though.
I agree with JPeso. I would not deal Wilson for that. and if you look over the weeks of 10 and 17, you will see that Wilson's PPG is better than Kaepernick's total. Wilson has solid running skills also as if you take the same time frame as that is when Kaep's started regularly, Wilson was 49 attempts - 334 yards - 3 scores, Kaep was 50 - 306 - 4. Pretty darn close. And if you are looking to deal Wilson to the Rice owner, you will probably have to pony up a lot more to get him.

I'd simply rather play keep away than deal him low just because it is a position of strength.

I'd simply rather play keep away than deal him low just because it is a position of strength.

agree with this. I am in a similar position as the OP, wanting to trade one of my backups (kaepernick) for help elsewhere on my roster. but i wouldnt trade him for a 2nd, ryan williams and v. brown. I will continue to wait for better offers. i think you should try to get a better deal.patience, grasshopper.

agree with this. I am in a similar position as the OP, wanting to trade one of my backups (kaepernick) for help elsewhere on my roster. but i wouldnt trade him for a 2nd, ryan williams and v. brown. I will continue to wait for better offers. i think you should try to get a better deal.patience, grasshopper.
I see what you're saying and i'm in no hurry to deal off one of my QB's. What used to be a position of weakness has now turned into a very strong position. I see 3 potential managers who need a qb, one has RG III and one has Rivers. I'm thinking of packaging one QB along with either a lower tier WR to get a Dez/Julio or the QB along with a lower tier RB like Charles for a Ray Rice type. But at this point I am going to sit tight and see where the pieces fall and see what offers role in. In no way do I need to settle as I do have decent depth up and down my roster. Thanks for the input guys!

Your team is pretty stacked. I think you can just stand pat for a while and see if anybody else gets desperate for a deal and then work from there. Your team looks strong all around at this point.