What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My friend's movie STRAY is about to get made! Thanks for the h (1 Viewer)

cosjobs

Footballguy
UPDATE 6/27

The Kickstarter project is looking really good. She's at $38,150. If she hits 40K an angel investor has promised to pay the final $10K. Since the deadline is Sunday, I'm certain she will make it. If anyone wants to be part of the winner, the link is here:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/893367623/stray-a-feature-film

I will do a drawing this weekend for the AO stay I promised in the original post.

UPDATE 3/20

Nena is going to take the project to kickstarter. She has posted here again asking for some feedback or any guidance anyone may have in doing that. Any moral support you can afford her would be appreciated by us both.

==================

One of my favorite people in the world is making a movie. She has been working on it for a long time and the time has come to get investors and try to make the dream finally come true. I'd you to take a moment and go to her Facebook page to see the trailer/short and "Like" it. I think a bunch of Likes would go a long way towards helping her find investors. If you like me, please do me this favor, if you don't know me or don't like me, please know that this would be helping one of the kindest people I have had the good fortune to know. I met met her in 1976 (yes we are old) when she formed a comedy troupe (Eat More Theatre) in Huntsville TX (not the prison). Those were some of the best times of my life. Since then I have pursued a myriad of things, but she steadfastly focused on doing film. She has racked up a ton of work in the industry and finally, this is her "shot" to do a movie. To show my appreciation to the community, I will take the names of all FBGs who Like and comment on the page, throw them in a hat and draw a winner who will receive a free weekend at property in Austin (Albert Oaks.com), complete with airport pickup, daily shuttle downtown, two bottles of wine or champagne. and two meals a day, good on a mutually agreeable non-peak weekend. Since non-FBGs will also be commenting on the page- please post in this thread if you comment on the Stray Facebook pages, so that I can enter you name in the drawing. Since I am restricting the drawing to folks coming from FBGs, please do not mention anything about the prize on the Facebook page.

Drawing will be held in June 2013. The Facebook page is linked below. To see the clip/short, scroll down and its on the right. Its a psychological thriller that will end up with an R rating, like every other film of the genre. Nothing outside the norm, but possibly inappropriate to play aloud on your work computer. The short is actually the first 10 minutes of the film. My link

Last edited by a moderator:
Liked it, despite the fact that it reminded me of some of the crazier women I've been with.There's something wrong with the initial scene when she stabs the guy's hand--a couple things, actually. The sound isn't right and the movement is off.

:thumbup: Is the movie done? I wanna see the rest.
Script is done. Actors and director in place. Need funding to do the remaining 90 min. We're hoping a lot of positive feedback on the Facebook page might help her find that funding.

I met met her in 1976 (yes we are old) when she formed a comedy troupe (Eat More Theatre) in Huntsville TX (not the prison). Those were some of the best times of my life. Since then I have pursued a myriad of things, but she steadfastly focused on doing film.
I'm having a hard time coming to grips with the fact that you were likely in the town of my birth when I was born. And now we are friends all these years later. CRAZY WORLD WE LIVE IN.

Liked it, despite the fact that it reminded me of some of the crazier women I've been with.

There's something wrong with the initial scene when she stabs the guy's hand--a couple things, actually. The sound isn't right and the movement is off.
I'm hoping that's from bandwidth issues at Vimeo (where the clip is hosted). I doubt there has been an onslaught there like the FFA is providing now. But I will check into it. Also, I am trying to get her to change the name of the film to Knuckles.

I met met her in 1976 (yes we are old) when she formed a comedy troupe (Eat More Theatre) in Huntsville TX (not the prison). Those were some of the best times of my life. Since then I have pursued a myriad of things, but she steadfastly focused on doing film.
I'm having a hard time coming to grips with the fact that you were likely in the town of my birth when I was born. And now we are friends all these years later. CRAZY WORLD WE LIVE IN.
I know what you're thinking but I swear I never fooled around with your mother, son good buddy.

I know what you're thinking but I swear I never fooled around with your mother, son good buddy.
Ask them if they ever frequented Evolution Records, Southern Comfort Cafe or Guaranteed Wholesome Saloon. Those were my preferred hangouts.

Liked it, despite the fact that it reminded me of some of the crazier women I've been with.

There's something wrong with the initial scene when she stabs the guy's hand--a couple things, actually. The sound isn't right and the movement is off.
I'm hoping that's from bandwidth issues at Vimeo (where the clip is hosted). I doubt there has been an onslaught there like the FFA is providing now. But I will check into it. Also, I am trying to get her to change the name of the film to Knuckles.
it's not bandwidth. it's the sound when she hits him with the knife...it sounds like a crappy old foley. the reaction is also...off. the rest looks professional and well-enough acted. that scene looks and sounds amateurish.

Done.I agree with the others. I would totally want to see the rest of that flick. Looks awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread