Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlackMamba24

Team Advice

8 posts in this topic

:help: this is an underperforming team that needs help. looking for some advice from people on what i should do with my team. My RBs are a solid group and i would like to keep them together. My team needs the most help at WR and TE, that's the position that has held the team back wheather its because of injuries or not performing. My thinking is trade one of my backup qbs to improve TE or WR. in 2013 we are adding the flex position to our starting lineups, which is a good thing for my team.

10 team ppr dynasty. start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 1 D/ST. 24 man rosters.

my roster:

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Ben Rothelisberger, Colin Kaepernick

RB: Jamaal Charles, Doug Martin, CJ Spiller, Matt Forte, Michael Bush, David Wilson

WR: Victor Cruz, Eric Decker, Marques Colston, Miles Austin, Dwayne Bowe, Antonio Brown, Denarius Moore, Mike Williams, Jon Baldwin

TE: Antonio Gates. Jermichael Finley, Fred Davis

D/ST: Steelers

Draft Picks: 1.3,2.3,3.3,4.3

Before the GB/SF playoff game, i had offered Kaepernick to the Cutler/Sanchez Owner for his 1.6, which i thought was a really good trade for the guy getting Kaep. I wanted another pick so i could pick up a TE like eifert (assuming eifert doesnt make it to 2.3). The guy rejected the morning of the game. :confused: My thinking before this game was if he rejected that, I could get James Jones worst case scenario. Now however, i think Kaepernick for James Jones is selling too low. I've really have a hard time figuring out what the lowest value i should take for kapernick is, at some point I'm better off waiting for better deals. The guy also has Demaryius Thomas, Hakeem Nicks, James Jones, Vernon Davis.

with the 1.3 I am planning on either trading for a WR or drafting one.

these are some offers/scenarios i have been working on putting together but no guarantee to get interest:

(thoughts and advice on what i should offer on these, especially the 1st one, would be helpful)

A) 1.3 + Austin/Colston + ____??____ for Harvin (Harvin owner has no need for Kaep with RGIII and Cam on his team)

B) Flacco/bradford owner could potentially have interest in Kaep. He also has 1.5,1.9,2.9, Calvin, Mike Wallace, Jordy Nelson, Crabtree, Michael Floyd, Vincent Jackson, Josh Gordon.

C) Brees/Peyton owner put in a waiver claim for Kaepernick in the middle of the season, but i was able to get him. this owner won the championship and has 1.10, Dez, Desean Jackson, Maclin, Lloyd, Gronk. Hes stated before it would take a lot to get Gronk, hes not very strong at WR so i doubt i could get Dez. Probably not a real buyer for Kaep.

D) Finally, another owner has offered his A. Foster, Jared Cook to me for CJ Spiller and David Wilson. I think most people are going to say get Foster, but i really like David Wilson, and i feel like this trade will take away much needed RB depth. A couple of my runningbacks have a little injury history. Jared Cook is just meh. I already have TE's as good or better. I almost don't want to make this trade because i have bigger holes to fill. This owner has also said he could be interested in Kaep, but not interested in the prices he's been going for (understandable), especially because he has Romo and Eli. He also has players i would want in Hernandez, K. Rudolph, and has some decent WRs: julio , fitz, wayne, roddy white, torrey smith, amendola.

I need to upgrade my WRs, and add a TE through trades and the draft. Any advice or opinion on what i should do with my picks or what i should try to trade for would help!

hopefully this post isn't too much! Leave a link and ill help with your question in return. :thumbup:

Wow. I'm not sure how under performing that team is but it looks pretty good.You have a ton of depth so I think the key is to trade some depth for a better player when you can. Of the options you listed I would be most intrigued by c but I sort of agree with you on liking those young RB.My advice would be to stay patient. That is a good roster. I you can land a stud that really helps do that but I don't think you have to feel you must make a move. Move a QB if you can get a good deal since you have Rodgers.

thanks for your reply. The team is under performing enough to where it fnished 1.3 out of 10 (inconsistent at TE, needs another consistent & healthy WR).

I'm assuming you meant you were most intrigued by the Foster offer. The problem is, that would take away all the rb depth that was hard to build, and i find that rb was important especially with some of the injury history i have at RB. Wilson is very young and i think he could be special. My problem isn't at RB, i think i will keep that group together.

would you trade the 1.3 + Austin/or Colston + __??__(Moore?)___ for a young WR like Harvin? I have a good mix of young and aging WRs, but i think adding a Harvin to my lineup with Cruz & Decker would be great. Plus, It's probably time to trade one or 2 of those older WRs.

TE was the most inconsistent position on my team and one i think needs upgraded. I picked up Fred Davis and stashed him on IR towards the end of the season. My options here could be to make a trade for hernandez or rudolph or draft an Eifert/Ertz (would probably have to trade up for Eifert, doubt he makes it to 2.3).

No point in trading for someone like J Cook (as in the Foster offer above) since I have Finley... after the top 5 or so TE's, it gets to the point whered i would almost stick with what i have now at TE.

Foster - 26, CJ Spilling - 25 and still has F Jackson in the mix, even though it will be more limited, but still going to take reps. and you have Wilson (71-358-4), but, the NYGiants also have Andre Brown (73-385-8), who got hurt. Now, your opinion on Cook is spot on, you have similar types of TEs... what else does he have? Getting Foster would be my eye. You have Martin (young). Find a starved team at QB, and work something out for Roethlisberger, maybe a young RB with a lot of upside.

Foster - 26, CJ Spilling - 25 and still has F Jackson in the mix, even though it will be more limited, but still going to take reps. and you have Wilson (71-358-4), but, the NYGiants also have Andre Brown (73-385-8), who got hurt. Now, your opinion on Cook is spot on, you have similar types of TEs... what else does he have? Getting Foster would be my eye. You have Martin (young). Find a starved team at QB, and work something out for Roethlisberger, maybe a young RB with a lot of upside.

he has TEs like Hernandez and Rudolph, and some older WRs which are in my original post (see D))

i see what you're saying, but the way i see the NYG situation is they didnt draft wilson in the 1st to let him sit there on the bench over the next 3 years, especially after what he showed in limited time this past season. His time will come. I'm not sold on brown, i don't view him as a problem, and how much longer will bradshaw be a Giant? Seems like that guy is always getting hurt. I know Foster > Spiller but how much of an upgrade is it really when my other RBs are pretty solid thereselves. I need to be upgrading weak spots not strengths.

I'm sort o with bowler on this one. That may be your opportunity to land Foster and a TE upgrade. I think you are very deep with a good roster. I think you need to determine if you are willing to move some young potential for some immediate upgrade. On the Harvin trade, I think that is way too much for him. I would take the next couple of years of good production or Colston/Austin and hang onto Moore and that 1.03. I think Moore has a lot of upside too.

he has TEs like Hernandez and Rudolph, and some older WRs which are in my original post (see D))

i see what you're saying, but the way i see the NYG situation is they didnt draft wilson in the 1st to let him sit there on the bench over the next 3 years, especially after what he showed in limited time this past season. His time will come. I'm not sold on brown, i don't view him as a problem, and how much longer will bradshaw be a Giant? Seems like that guy is always getting hurt. I know Foster > Spiller but how much of an upgrade is it really when my other RBs are pretty solid thereselves. I need to be upgrading weak spots not strengths.

Never said Wilson will sit, but with Brown in the mix, he will be limited or at least sharing the load. See if you could get Hernandez by packaging any one of the 3 TEs you have. I have Hernandez in my dynasty (but I do have Graham). He's 2nd fiddle to Gronkowski, but still top TE. You could lose any of the 3 you have for that upgrade. Or instead of Cook, ask for Rudolph

I'm sort o with bowler on this one. That may be your opportunity to land Foster and a TE upgrade. I think you are very deep with a good roster. I think you need to determine if you are willing to move some young potential for some immediate upgrade. On the Harvin trade, I think that is way too much for him. I would take the next couple of years of good production or Colston/Austin and hang onto Moore and that 1.03. I think Moore has a lot of upside too.

both of you may be right. if the 1.3 + austin + ______ for Harvin is too much, then what would be a better deal for harvin? Harvin is going to be a better option than anyone at 1.3 IMO.i figured something like 1.3 + Moore + 3.3 for Harvin wouldnt be enough. I like Moore's upside too, but would much rather have Harvin. I have no problem putting someone like miles austin into a deal. he will be 29, changes in dallas are expected and jerry jones might even approach austin about a restructure. I don't know what will happen in dallas. Supposedly the thought is that his roster spot isn't a sure thing. http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4059/miles-austin