What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 NY Giants Offseason (1 Viewer)

netnalp

Footballguy
From BBI:

Last Updated: January 17, 2013

Exclusive Rights Free Agents (if tendered):

OC Jim Cordle

DE Adrian Tracy

DE Justin Trattou

Restricted Free Agents (if tendered):

HB Andre Brown

HB Ryan Torain

WR Victor Cruz

TE Bear Pascoe

S Stevie Brown

Unrestricted Free Agents:

QB David Carr

HB Kregg Lumpkin

WR Domenik Hixon

WR Ramses Barden

TE Martellus Bennett

TE Travis Beckum

OG Kevin Boothe

OT Will Beatty

OT Sean Locklear

DE Osi Umenyiora

DT Rocky Bernard

DT Shaun Rogers

LB Chase Blackburn

LB Keith Rivers

CB Justin Tryon

CB Bruce Johnson

CB Brian Witherspoon

S Kenny Phillips

PK Lawrence Tynes

Re-Signed Practice Squad Players:

TE Larry Donnell (Re-Signed by Giants; 2-Years, $900,000 salary)

OG Stephen Goodin (Re-Signed by Giants; 2-Years, $900,000 salary)

OG/OT Levy Adcock (Re-Signed by Giants; 2-Years, $900,000 salary)

OT Matt McCants (Re-Signed by Giants; 2-Years, $900,000 salary)

DE Matt Broha (Re-Signed by Giants; 2-Years, $900,000 salary)

CB Laron Scott (Re-Signed by Giants; 2-Years, $900,000 salary)

Signed “Street” Free Agents:

QB Curtis Painter (Signed by Giants; 1-Year, $630,000 salary)

WR Brandon Collins (Signed by Giants; 2-Years, $900,000 salary)

WR Kevin Hardy (Signed by Giants; 2-Years, $900,000 salary)

WR Kris Adams (Signed by Giants; 2-Years, $1,050,000 salary)

OG Michael Jasper (Signed by Giants; 2-Years, $900,000 salary)

OG Bryant Browning (Signed by Giants; 2-Years, $900,000 salary)

OG Chris DeGeare (Signed by Giants; 1-Year, $480,000 salary)

DT Bobby Skinner (Signed by Giants; 2-Years, $900,000 salary)

LB Jake Muasau (Signed by Giants; 2-Years, $900,000 salary)

CB Trumaine McBride (Signed by Giants; 1-Year, $630,000 salary)

CB Antonio Dennard (Signed by Giants; 2-Years, $900,000 salary)

S David Caldwell (Signed by Giants; 2-Years, $1,050,000 salary)

Last edited by a moderator:
Of the Giants FA's the major ones seem to be:

HB Andre Brown - I think he re-signs

WR Victor Cruz - This is a major cog. I think he gets a new deal. I doubt a team will want to pay the draft pick and contract cost for him, not when Wallace and Jennings should be available. While Cruz had a good year, I think he should have had a better one but Eli slumped late in the season and Cruz had a high number of drops.

S Stevie Brown- It's expected that he gets re-signed since teams would have to pay the tenure and contract to get him.

TE Martellus Bennett- I want him to re-sign. I think he can improve upon last season's totals. The Unicorn has said he'd give the Giants a discount on price. I just hope he doesn't have many suitors because it's only been one year of production. Heading into FA I'm glad there isn't AL Davis around to screw things up by offering ridiculous contracts.

OG Kevin Boothe - I'm not convinced he's starter quality but he's the best option for LG at this time.

OT Will Beatty - Beatty has me concerned, a team could give him an offer that the Giants can't afford. While not a top 5 LT, he's still young and developing. He might get a huge offer from another team. It would majorly suck if the Giants lost Beatty.

DE Osi Umenyiora- Osi is probably gone. He doesn't seem very motivated to play for the Giants again. That's fine the Giants will probably move Kiwi back to his natural DE spot. I look forward to Kiwi being back at DE, he was off to a good start before the got hurt in 2010, having 4 sacks in the first 3 games. It wouldn't be a surprise if the Giants take a DE early in the draft with Tuck having continued neck and shoulder issues, Osi leaving and Kiwi Turning 30 this year.

S Kenny Phillips- I hope he's back but can the Giants match offers he'll get when he's often injured and they have Will Hill who has shown to be a player and Brown likely back.

PK Lawrence Tynes - On BBI people are saying it's time to let him go. I don't think he's been a bad kicker. I'd like to see him back.

Potential Cap casualties:

Diehl - He's done. Only want him back if he tears up his contract and signs for near the vet minimum.

Bradshaw - He's due $4 million next season. I think he stays another season. It doesn't seem like too much to pay even if he shares more time with Wilson.

Boley - He had a down year and he could be gone if they feel the injury prone Williams and Rivers can handle the spot.

Rolle, Canty, Baas - All have big cap numbers but I think they all stay since the replacement cost would be so high. Rolle was probably on of the better players on the Giants defense last season and his versatility is added value. Canty a bit over paid mainly due to a lack of staying healthy. But it would create too big of a hole if they let him go. Baas, not a dominant center but the team has to find an answer at RT (Brewer ready?). And both guard spots are concerns as is LT with Beatty a FA.

I don't understand why the team is ok with Snee delaying hip surgery so he can participate in the Pro-Bowl. Perhaps they figure it's just a few weeks let him collect the cash for the game.

Webster- He's due a big chunk of change, will he take a pay cut or restructure? Hopefully he just had a down year and it wasn't age. Prince should be ready to take over the #1 CB duties. But I'd rather have Webster at #2 with the uncertainty of how well Terrell Thomas gets back and the youthful but talented Hosley.

The Giants also need to find a LB. The Giants struggled with stopping the run and it seems that they don't have the talent at LB to run Fewell's scheme. Actually because of the injuries to the secondary each year with the average talent at LB, Fewell hasn't been able to run his defense like he's wanted too. I'm not sold on Fewell but I can't say he's had an easy time of it. Seems like every year he's had to shuffle players around because a key player or two has been lost for the season.

Ramses is a UFA? Figure he showed enough flashes this season someone will pay for him to be a WR #2...
He's not expected to be back even though he's said he wants too. At best he'd be competing with Hixon for the #4 spot. Word is he has trouble getting off the line vs. press coverage. I think it is also telling that they don't use the 6'6" WR in the redzone or for jump balls on 3rd down. I expect he'll be lured away by a team that will give him a better opportunity to compete for the #2 or #3 WR spot. I just don't have much confidence in him, but he still has a cult following amongst the Giants fanbase.

Re-signing Beatty is about the only offseason move I care about at the moment. Needs to be done, and similarly very worried that we won't have the ability to keep him.With Osi likely gone and Tuck's diminished output, I wouldn't mind dicking around with Kiwi (again) and still going DE in the first in the draft.

Ramses is a UFA? Figure he showed enough flashes this season someone will pay for him to be a WR #2...
He's not expected to be back even though he's said he wants too. At best he'd be competing with Hixon for the #4 spot. Word is he has trouble getting off the line vs. press coverage. I think it is also telling that they don't use the 6'6" WR in the redzone or for jump balls on 3rd down. I expect he'll be lured away by a team that will give him a better opportunity to compete for the #2 or #3 WR spot. I just don't have much confidence in him, but he still has a cult following amongst the Giants fanbase.
Ramses has his fanboys here in the SP too. He had one good game.He's just not very good, largely for the reasons you state.

Spags fired again. Can they please bring him back, in some capacity? From watching on the outside, he looked to have a real strong bond with much of that defensive unit while with the Giants. He obviously has a place in history with that magnificent game he called in the Super Bowl, and I think he came into two pretty piss poor situations after leaving New York.I'd love for them to bring him back on board.

Spags fired again. Can they please bring him back, in some capacity? From watching on the outside, he looked to have a real strong bond with much of that defensive unit while with the Giants. He obviously has a place in history with that magnificent game he called in the Super Bowl, and I think he came into two pretty piss poor situations after leaving New York.I'd love for them to bring him back on board.
:goodposting:

Or is it that his style of defense requires a world class DL and without it he isn't that good?How does Coughlin feel about rehiring people who left and bombed in a big way?

Or is it that his style of defense requires a world class DL and without it he isn't that good?How does Coughlin feel about rehiring people who left and bombed in a big way?
Couldn't tell you but I'd like to think a man in the game as long as he has been would respect those looking to improve their career. He capped off a playoff run by absolutely shutting down one of the most historic offenses in NFL history, and found himself as THE prime coaching candidate. Those opportunities do not come along very often, and as much as it sucked to see him go, that's how the NFL is.Sometime you gotta cash your stock in.See Arians, Bruce

Couldn't tell you but I'd like to think a man in the game as long as he has been would respect those looking to improve their career. He capped off a playoff run by absolutely shutting down one of the most historic offenses in NFL history, and found himself as THE prime coaching candidate. Those opportunities do not come along very often, and as much as it sucked to see him go, that's how the NFL is.Sometime you gotta cash your stock in.See Arians, Bruce
My first thought would be to want to get Spags back. But a couple weeks ago Antonio Pierce said the issue the Giants were having on defense was that Fewell was running the same defense that Spags did and the NFL had figured it out. Would Spags continue to run what isn't currently working? How close is the defense Fewell is running to Spags? Has Fewell even gotten to run the defense he'd like to with the secondary and LB injuries every year he's been with the Giants and lack of LB talent.

'netnalp said:
My first thought would be to want to get Spags back. But a couple weeks ago Antonio Pierce said the issue the Giants were having on defense was that Fewell was running the same defense that Spags did and the NFL had figured it out. Would Spags continue to run what isn't currently working? How close is the defense Fewell is running to Spags? Has Fewell even gotten to run the defense he'd like to with the secondary and LB injuries every year he's been with the Giants and lack of LB talent.
I would defer to Pierce on that fact, but I really didn't see it this year, compared to Spags final season with NY. Maybe the personnel made it look like completely different schemes, but I remember many more blitzes from the secondary position under Spgas. Again maybe its an illusion, and I have nothing against Perry. Just seems like that D flew around much more under Spags.

Did they bring back Perry Fewell? I seriously hated him as a coach, even in the Super Bowl year two years ago I felt he was horrible all year long. He just never seemed to make proper adjustments if the Defensive Ends werent going crazy on the QB

The LB coach was hired away so maybe we'll get someone that will help Fewell to adjust the defense the way it needed too. One of the personnel guys said that the Giants would be looking to bring in a college coach with experience with stopping the pistol and option offenses.

Did they bring back Perry Fewell? I seriously hated him as a coach, even in the Super Bowl year two years ago I felt he was horrible all year long. He just never seemed to make proper adjustments if the Defensive Ends werent going crazy on the QB
According to Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News, the Giants extended defensive coordinator Perry Fewell’s contract last offseason after the Super Bowl, which will take him through the end of the 2013 seasonMy link

According to Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News, the Giants extended defensive coordinator Perry Fewell’s contract last offseason after the Super Bowl, which will take him through the end of the 2013 seasonMy link
arghhhI remember reading on the BigBlueView site after the season there was an article of the Bills possibly wanting Fewell as head coach and there were like 100 Giants fans in the comments there all begging for the Bills to be moronic enough to sign him.Gmen really need athletic linebackers for once, i was hoping they could finally sign an impact FA LB for once. Last offseason i was clamoring for Poz at LB, he would have been golden in NY

'netnalp said:
I would defer to Pierce on that fact, but I really didn't see it this year, compared to Spags final season with NY. Maybe the personnel made it look like completely different schemes, but I remember many more blitzes from the secondary position under Spgas. Again maybe its an illusion, and I have nothing against Perry. Just seems like that D flew around much more under Spags.
That could just be a reflection of the DLine play - if they can hold the pressure, you can be more aggressive with the back seven. The answer may be in the development of the number of QB hurries, if it is trending up that is probably the answer.ETA: re Spags leaving, understood that he wanted to cash in, question is whether Coughlin accepts that or not. I don't know either way

I thought Spags rushed a DB or LB more often than Fewell. Fewell seems to want to get pressure with the front 4 and drop the rest back. But even in 2011, the Giants couldn't get pressure with just 4, they had to blitz 1-2 others to get pressure. At least we didn't see the rush 3 like we did in the past.

San Francisco 49ers’ Kyle Williams “Shocked” NFL Didn’t Investigate Giants After NFC Championship

Williams, as you might remember, fumbled twice in the NFC Championship game – his second leading to the game-winning field goal in overtime. Following the contest, Williams received death threats from 49ers fans, and it was later revealed that the Giants may have been targeting his head as he had a history of recent concussions.

Looking back on it now -a moment Williams considered one of the worst in his professional career- he remains "shocked" the NFL didn't investigate the Giants for what he considered equally as bad as the New Orleans Saints' bounty program.

"The only thing that was crazy to me was that nothing came of it. That was the only thing. Because I fully expected it to because of what just had happened with the Saints," Williams said. "When that came out I was like, ‘Oh, OK there’ll be the same type of thing.’ But there was nothing. I don’t know if that was because (the Giants) won it, or if it just wasn’t a big deal. But I just thought it would be exactly the same type of thing."

The Giants admitted after the game they had a strategic attack plan for Williams, who had a history of concussions, but never did they intent to purposely injury the wide receiver beyond the normal violence of a football game. As Giants 101 wrote at the time, there was a world of difference between a gameplan and a bountry program, and that's undoubtedly why the NFL didn't investigate.

"When the bounty stuff came out and Gregg Williams said the same things, basically, they went for his neck with that and they took that to the absolute highest level they could,” Williams added. “But it was almost like when the Giants said it, it was not a big deal. That’s the only thing that kind of shocked me. I thought that would have the same reaction because it was the same exact thing.”

Perhaps someone should remind Williams that his own teammate, Carlos Rodgers, admitted that the 49ers did intentionally try to injure Giants quarterback Eli Manning … and it's more amazing that the NFL didn't investigate those claims.

-------------------------------------------------

Classless whiner.

John Mara: Cruz asking for too much money right now

"The Giants have a fair amount of leverage in this situation. Mara said they would tender Cruz as a restricted free agent if they can’t strike a deal — the top tender would be $2.879 million and require another team to give up a first-round pick — and the Giants would have the right to match any offer that Cruz might receive."

-----------------------

I think something around $7-9 million a year would be his market. I wonder if Cruz is asking for top 5 WR money?

San Francisco 49ers’ Kyle Williams “Shocked” NFL Didn’t Investigate Giants After NFC ChampionshipWilliams, as you might remember, fumbled twice in the NFC Championship game – his second leading to the game-winning field goal in overtime. Following the contest, Williams received death threats from 49ers fans, and it was later revealed that the Giants may have been targeting his head as he had a history of recent concussions.Looking back on it now -a moment Williams considered one of the worst in his professional career- he remains "shocked" the NFL didn't investigate the Giants for what he considered equally as bad as the New Orleans Saints' bounty program. "The only thing that was crazy to me was that nothing came of it. That was the only thing. Because I fully expected it to because of what just had happened with the Saints," Williams said. "When that came out I was like, ‘Oh, OK there’ll be the same type of thing.’ But there was nothing. I don’t know if that was because (the Giants) won it, or if it just wasn’t a big deal. But I just thought it would be exactly the same type of thing."The Giants admitted after the game they had a strategic attack plan for Williams, who had a history of concussions, but never did they intent to purposely injury the wide receiver beyond the normal violence of a football game. As Giants 101 wrote at the time, there was a world of difference between a gameplan and a bountry program, and that's undoubtedly why the NFL didn't investigate. "When the bounty stuff came out and Gregg Williams said the same things, basically, they went for his neck with that and they took that to the absolute highest level they could,” Williams added. “But it was almost like when the Giants said it, it was not a big deal. That’s the only thing that kind of shocked me. I thought that would have the same reaction because it was the same exact thing.”Perhaps someone should remind Williams that his own teammate, Carlos Rodgers, admitted that the 49ers did intentionally try to injure Giants quarterback Eli Manning … and it's more amazing that the NFL didn't investigate those claims.-------------------------------------------------Classless whiner.
Kyle Williams is right ... The Giants punter tried to take out his knee with a football

Cruz considers himself a pretty high priority My linkI hope they don't risk losing him
John Mara: Cruz asking for too much money right now"The Giants have a fair amount of leverage in this situation. Mara said they would tender Cruz as a restricted free agent if they can’t strike a deal — the top tender would be $2.879 million and require another team to give up a first-round pick — and the Giants would have the right to match any offer that Cruz might receive."-----------------------I think something around $7-9 million a year would be his market. I wonder if Cruz is asking for top 5 WR money?
It really don't matter what Cruz is asking for right now. As noted, Giants hold all the leverage. WORST case would be some other team well overpaying AND giving up a first rounder. Unlikely. Expect something 80-90% of market, a fair deal considering the Giants hold all the cards and Cruz wille positioned to get a at longer term deal a couple years down the line. Maybe a nice bump in the early bonus but the. Manageable annuals, though that leaves the potential for a holdout down the line, but maybe that's part of the trade off.

'monk said:
San Francisco 49ers’ Kyle Williams “Shocked” NFL Didn’t Investigate Giants After NFC ChampionshipWilliams, as you might remember, fumbled twice in the NFC Championship game – his second leading to the game-winning field goal in overtime. Following the contest, Williams received death threats from 49ers fans, and it was later revealed that the Giants may have been targeting his head as he had a history of recent concussions.Looking back on it now -a moment Williams considered one of the worst in his professional career- he remains "shocked" the NFL didn't investigate the Giants for what he considered equally as bad as the New Orleans Saints' bounty program. "The only thing that was crazy to me was that nothing came of it. That was the only thing. Because I fully expected it to because of what just had happened with the Saints," Williams said. "When that came out I was like, ‘Oh, OK there’ll be the same type of thing.’ But there was nothing. I don’t know if that was because (the Giants) won it, or if it just wasn’t a big deal. But I just thought it would be exactly the same type of thing."The Giants admitted after the game they had a strategic attack plan for Williams, who had a history of concussions, but never did they intent to purposely injury the wide receiver beyond the normal violence of a football game. As Giants 101 wrote at the time, there was a world of difference between a gameplan and a bountry program, and that's undoubtedly why the NFL didn't investigate. "When the bounty stuff came out and Gregg Williams said the same things, basically, they went for his neck with that and they took that to the absolute highest level they could,” Williams added. “But it was almost like when the Giants said it, it was not a big deal. That’s the only thing that kind of shocked me. I thought that would have the same reaction because it was the same exact thing.”Perhaps someone should remind Williams that his own teammate, Carlos Rodgers, admitted that the 49ers did intentionally try to injure Giants quarterback Eli Manning … and it's more amazing that the NFL didn't investigate those claims.-------------------------------------------------Classless whiner.
Kyle Williams is right ... The Giants punter tried to take out his knee with a football
:lmao:

John Mara: Cruz asking for too much money right now"The Giants have a fair amount of leverage in this situation. Mara said they would tender Cruz as a restricted free agent if they can’t strike a deal — the top tender would be $2.879 million and require another team to give up a first-round pick — and the Giants would have the right to match any offer that Cruz might receive."-----------------------I think something around $7-9 million a year would be his market. I wonder if Cruz is asking for top 5 WR money?
Not sure what to think about Cruz. He was great his first year, but he also had a lot of 50+ yard plays. That tends to even out over time, and this season he didn't have nearly as many, dropping his YPC from 18.7 last year to 12.7 this year. He also had trouble getting separation from defenses that were keying in on him, knowing that Nicks was far from 100%.

Interesting....

Giants prioritize Hakeem Nicks' deal

By Adam Schefter | ESPN

For all the talk there has been about the New York Giants signing restricted free agent wide receiver Victor Cruz to a long-term contract, the team is putting a bigger emphasis at this time on signing wide receiver Hakeem Nicks to a long-term deal, according to league sources.

Nicks, 25, has one year remaining on his contract, but New York would like to tie him to the team long term as it views him as a legitimate No. 1 receiver.

Due to injuries to his knee and foot, Nicks failed to post 1,000 yards receiving for the first time since 2009.

Nicks finished third on the Giants with 53 receptions, notching 692 yards and three touchdowns. It was the first time in three seasons that Nicks did not have at least 76 receptions, 1,000 yards and seven touchdowns in a season.

The Giants also would like to keep the 26-year-old Cruz, but at this time, Nicks' contract status is the higher priority.

Giants owner John Mara said last week that he wants Cruz to remain a Giant, but at a reasonable price.

"We certainly want him back, but like with any player, there's a limit to where we're going to go," the Giants' co-owner told reporters Friday. "He's been a terrific player for us, he's a fan favorite, he does a lot for our franchise, but there is a limit."

Cruz is coming off consecutive 1,000-yard receiving seasons and is averaging 84 receptions, 1,314 yards and 9.5 touchdowns in the past two seasons.

My link

Bradshaw - He's due $4 million next season. I think he stays another season. It doesn't seem like too much to pay even if he shares more time with Wilson.
Ahmad Bradshaw is in a walking boot after recently undergoing "minor" right foot surgery and will be sidelined for 10 weeks.Despite the "minor" scope, yet another foot surgery is yet another red flag on Bradshaw's chronically injured feet. The latest procedure replaced a screw in his right foot. Bradshaw has now undergone three separate surgeries on his right foot, in addition to a left foot operation and surgeries on both ankles. The buildup of all the surgeries is an obvious concern for the 27-year-old's outlook. We expect 2012 first-round pick David Wilson to receive every opportunity to replace Bradshaw as the Giants' feature back in 2013 training camp. After the season, Bradshaw said he wasn't even convinced he'd be back in New York at his scheduled $3.75 million salary.

Seems like a lot to pay for someone with so many surgeries to both feet.

Interesting....

Giants prioritize Hakeem Nicks' deal

By Adam Schefter | ESPN

For all the talk there has been about the New York Giants signing restricted free agent wide receiver Victor Cruz to a long-term contract, the team is putting a bigger emphasis at this time on signing wide receiver Hakeem Nicks to a long-term deal, according to league sources.

Nicks, 25, has one year remaining on his contract, but New York would like to tie him to the team long term as it views him as a legitimate No. 1 receiver.

Due to injuries to his knee and foot, Nicks failed to post 1,000 yards receiving for the first time since 2009.

Nicks finished third on the Giants with 53 receptions, notching 692 yards and three touchdowns. It was the first time in three seasons that Nicks did not have at least 76 receptions, 1,000 yards and seven touchdowns in a season.

The Giants also would like to keep the 26-year-old Cruz, but at this time, Nicks' contract status is the higher priority.

Giants owner John Mara said last week that he wants Cruz to remain a Giant, but at a reasonable price.

"We certainly want him back, but like with any player, there's a limit to where we're going to go," the Giants' co-owner told reporters Friday. "He's been a terrific player for us, he's a fan favorite, he does a lot for our franchise, but there is a limit."

Cruz is coming off consecutive 1,000-yard receiving seasons and is averaging 84 receptions, 1,314 yards and 9.5 touchdowns in the past two seasons.

My link
I may be in the minority but I am not surprised by this at all

Not sure what to think about Cruz. He was great his first year, but he also had a lot of 50+ yard plays. That tends to even out over time, and this season he didn't have nearly as many, dropping his YPC from 18.7 last year to 12.7 this year. He also had trouble getting separation from defenses that were keying in on him, knowing that Nicks was far from 100%.
Seemed to have more drops this year too. He quietly had a decent year, better than I thought it had been. Hopefully less commitments this offseason will help his game.

Boley cutI guess they save 4 million My link
My question is who will be running the defense, although I've heard nothing about a change there - unfortunately.
If you mean defensive coordinator there doesn’t seem to be a change. Fewel was given an extension after the 2011 season
Agreed. Seems to be status quo but can't say I'm ecstatic about that.Other than the amazing super bowl run, he seems to be outmatched

Wonder if this means the Giants plan to go after some FA's heavily. They were only $5 million over the cap. Though it's possible that it will come out that these players declined to take a pay-cut or to restructure.

Wonder if this means the Giants plan to go after some FA's heavily. They were only $5 million over the cap. Though it's possible that it will come out that these players declined to take a pay-cut or to restructure.
The article I linked said that Bradshaw’s cap number for 2013 was 6 million. Canty’s cap number was 8.2.I’m not sure what Boley’s cap number was but his salary was 4 millionDoes that mean that the Giants just gained 18 million in cap space?

The article I linked said that Bradshaw’s cap number for 2013 was 6 million. Canty’s cap number was 8.2.I’m not sure what Boley’s cap number was but his salary was 4 millionDoes that mean that the Giants just gained 18 million in cap space?
Rotoworld is saying the Giants have opened up about $14 million in cap space.According to Raplh Vacchiano other cap moves:CB Corey Webster … Savings: $7.25 million (Dead money: $2.725 million)T David Diehl … Savings: $4.825 million (Dead money: $3 million)CB Terrell Thomas … Savings: $3 million (Dead money: $0) *Note: He will almost certainly be cut (or have his deal re-done) before a $6 million option is due in early March.DE Osi Umenyiora … Savings $1 million (Dead money: $0) *Note: Umenyiora's deal is voidable, so this "savings" will happen once it becomes official. ---------------------------------------------------------Early rumors are the Giants are going to heavily pursue CB Cary Williams and LB Danelle Ellerbe.

Radio host, Francesa says he heard rumors that RG Snee might retire.

The Giants like to sign their coaches to deals so that they are never under the "last year". I doubt Fewell is going anywhere because it would of happened already, but you never know.Giants are looking at big changes, and the defense needs it. I would like to see if Herzlich goes anywhere. Always heard good things at camp but never saw anything in game.

The line is concerning me. Beatty is a FA. So is Boothe but I'd like to see the team upgrade the LG spot and keep Boothe as depth. Rumors are, that Snee might retire. And they can't think for a moment that Diehl is the answer at any of the spots. That leaves Baas as the only certainty and he hasn't been horrid, but he hasn't played up to his contract.

The line is concerning me. Beatty is a FA. So is Boothe but I'd like to see the team upgrade the LG spot and keep Boothe as depth. Rumors are, that Snee might retire. And they can't think for a moment that Diehl is the answer at any of the spots. That leaves Baas as the only certainty and he hasn't been horrid, but he hasn't played up to his contract.
I don't believe Francesa for a second with the Snee rumor. He's going to get paid 6mil this year and he's only 31. Plus I don't think Christmas dinner at the Coughlins would be to comfortable if Snee doesn't come back. With that said, I'm hoping they address the line first and foremost as well.

I don't believe Francesa for a second with the Snee rumor. He's going to get paid 6mil this year and he's only 31. Plus I don't think Christmas dinner at the Coughlins would be to comfortable if Snee doesn't come back. With that said, I'm hoping they address the line first and foremost as well.
Unless his hip is more of an issue than we've been made aware of.

Users who are viewing this thread