Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IgglesDanny

Need some help

10 posts in this topic

Currently I am in a 16 team dynasty league. I finished the year before at 10-4, although I feel like I majorly overachieved to reach that record. It showed in the first round of the playoffs when I got beat by a team with a worst record, definitely a better team. I am taking this off season to begin a rebuilding process although I don't believe I need a total rebuild. My first move was to rid my team of the often injured Hakeem Nicks. Now I'm looking to ship Matt Stafford and this is the deal I was offered:I get: Jake Locker, Jacquizz Rodgers, and the 1.01 in 2013They get: Matt StaffordJust looking for some sound advice about this trade.

stafford for me. I would think you could get a better deal.but i don't really like locker...not sure if rodgers is ever going to be THE guy in Atlanta. who would you pick with the first pick?

In a 16 teamer it is hard to come by this many options as starters so I am leaning toward you taking the deal however I would like to know who your other QB is because I wouldnt want to rely on Locker 100%.Stafford is better than all players on your side, but the depth is nice.

In a 16 teamer it is hard to come by this many options as starters so I am leaning toward you taking the deal however I would like to know who your other QB is because I wouldnt want to rely on Locker 100%.Stafford is better than all players on your side, but the depth is nice.

My general thought process is to take the deal. If I have to run with Locker, then I have to run with him this season. If for some reason he works out and becomes a viable NFL starter great, if not, I have two options: Draft a QB in the late 1st round early 2nd round of this year's draft as a project or if my team is terrible I can draft a QB at the top end of next year's draft.

It helps to know who you could get at 1.1 versus what you would get if you just have your first round pick. Both of those guys are question marks where Stafford is a little more reliable. So for me it would come down to who you could get at 1.

It helps to know who you could get at 1.1 versus what you would get if you just have your first round pick. Both of those guys are question marks where Stafford is a little more reliable. So for me it would come down to who you could get at 1.

Consensus is saying that this draft is weak in skill position players. But as we all know you don't have a draft like 2012 every year. So my thoughts are that within the fantasy football realm you have Keenan Allen, Giovani Bernard, and Geno Smith that I expect to be regularly popping up as 1.1's depending on need. What's your thoughts on this?

If Locker becomes your starter after this trade I would hang onto Stafford. Curious what you got for Nicks now....

If Locker becomes your starter after this trade I would hang onto Stafford. Curious what you got for Nicks now....

Real quick, I would not be able to hang onto Stafford if I get Locker. As far as the Nicks' trade it was as follows:Nicks & 2013 4th round pick for 2013 1.11 and 2.13I'm not sure how I feel about the trade. On one hand Nicks has yet to be healthy for a full season. He seems to be forever injury prone. On the other hand if he can bring it all together and stay healthy I don't doubt his ability to be a productive fantasy WR with WR #1 upside.

I would have rather had Nicks than a late first. Injuries have been an issue but the talent is there and he has had some big stat. games too.It seems like you are blowing this up by moving the wrong pieces in Stafford and Nicks.

I would have rather had Nicks than a late first. Injuries have been an issue but the talent is there and he has had some big stat. games too.It seems like you are blowing this up by moving the wrong pieces in Stafford and Nicks.

Explain. I respect other's opinions on this. The Nicks' move I probably could have gotten more, I agree. As far as Stafford goes I actually think that trade was extremely fair and that in the long run I may get the better of the deal. Thanks for your feedback.