What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

He's in the best shape of his life 2017 - "It's that time of year, people" (1 Viewer)

Victor MartinezBrandon IngeJhonny PeraltaAll in the best shape of their careers/lives. Inge is rumored to be going to Minnesota or Japan btw.

I saw a picture of Lance Lynn of the Cardinals on Twitter the other day. Didn't even recognize him. Lost 20 lbs, cut the hair and shaved the beard. Looks like he will get the 4th spot in the rotation with Carp being out for the year.

Indians manager Terry Francona did not need to see right-hander Carlos Carrasco to be enthused about him Friday morning at Progressive Field.Francona simply needed to listen.The more audible the pop from Carrasco's pitches to a catcher's glove in an indoor cage, the wider Francona's smile."Granted, he was in the cage," Francona said. "But that ball was making a loud noise. It was exciting. If he's not healthy, nobody is."
Third baseman Lonnie Chisenhall is noticeably thicker. He said he has gained 15 pounds since the end of last season -- most, if not all, appears to be muscle."I've been eating everything in sight," he said. "Lots of chicken and steak. No junk food."Chisenhall said he expects to begin spring training at 215-216 pounds. At the beginning of last season, he was listed at 6-2, 190."I didn't set out to gain a certain amount of weight, but I definitely wanted to get stronger," he said. "I've done that without losing flexibility or agility."

Twitter should be great for this. I did a search:Vinnie Pestano ‏@VinnieP52 Ok now its baseball time. 1 more week! Best shape I’ve been in a long time…maybe ever. Can’t wait for Baseball back on Sportscenter #letsgo

Trevor Cahill!
Yahoo! Sports (blog)-by Andy Behrens-5 hours agoWe should note that Josh Hamilton apparently dropped 20 pounds during the off-season, reporting at 225 ("Best shape of his life! Career year!)
From the worst shape file:
Andrew Baggarly of CSN Bay Area wrote on Sunday that backup catcher Hector Sanchez reported to camp without exactly being in the best shape of his life, either. Baggarly wrote:Add Sanchez to the list of Giants who will be doing extra conditioning work this spring, Bochy said. They aren’t just picking on Pablo Sandoval. Sanchez arrived a bit heavier than the club wanted, too
BOY GEORGE!
Boy George has always been a bigger man, but at age 51, the English singer-songwriter looks like he's in the best shape of his life. After tweeting a photo showing off his svelte new frame, George unveiled his secret for losing the pounds: Amelia Freer's Freer Nutrition plan.
Maybe best shape?
Lone Star Ball-Feb 18, 2013Darvish has come to camp down in weight but with more upper-body muscle. No word on if this means he's in the best shape of his life or not.

I'll take the 12 hole and CC/Halladay at the 84/85 7th/8th turn, TYVM. With ADP's of 88/92 (FFToolbox), I'd do that all day with an IF and 2 OF spots set.

Indians manager Terry Francona did not need to see right-hander Carlos Carrasco to be enthused about him Friday morning at Progressive Field.

Francona simply needed to listen.

The more audible the pop from Carrasco's pitches to a catcher's glove in an indoor cage, the wider Francona's smile.

"Granted, he was in the cage," Francona said. "But that ball was making a loud noise. It was exciting. If he's not healthy, nobody is."
Third baseman Lonnie Chisenhall is noticeably thicker. He said he has gained 15 pounds since the end of last season -- most, if not all, appears to be muscle.

"I've been eating everything in sight," he said. "Lots of chicken and steak. No junk food."

Chisenhall said he expects to begin spring training at 215-216 pounds. At the beginning of last season, he was listed at 6-2, 190.

"I didn't set out to gain a certain amount of weight, but I definitely wanted to get stronger," he said. "I've done that without losing flexibility or agility."
Classic tag on line to the "I've juiced my balls off"

Harper has reported to camp having added nearly 20 pounds of muscle to his frame, the Washington Post reports. "I take a lot of pride in my workouts," Harper said, sitting in the clubhouse at Space Coast Stadium this week. "I work as hard as I can to get ready for the season."

Utley said Friday that he plans to play in Grapefruit League games this month and be in the Opening Day lineup, MLB.com reports. "I feel pretty [darn] good right now," Utley said. "I think I trained a little more differently. I trained to play baseball, not just to take pressure off my knees. So it's worked. It's given me strength in my legs, which I can already feel a difference taking ground balls, swinging the bat.

There is something there, where in the last few years there hasn't been."

Among the foes is left-hander Scott Kazmir, whose battled injuries the last several years but began to show a healthier arm over the winter. Manager Terry Francona said Thursday that Kazmir has "looked so good it's scary."

Among the foes is left-hander Scott Kazmir, whose battled injuries the last several years but began to show a healthier arm over the winter. Manager Terry Francona said Thursday that Kazmir has "looked so good it's scary."
Kazmir is apparently the main catch partner of famed rapper Trevor Bauer and his magical 300 foot long toss sessions.

Carlos Quentin in best shape of his life
San Diego Padres outfielder Carlos Quentin appears to be in the best shape of his life, according to Annie Heilbrunn of Fox Sports. The news comes amid reports that the 30-year-old hired a chef to cook inflammation-fighting food and also began a training regimen that includes Bikram Yoga. Quentin, a San Diego native and former Stanford Cardinal star, hit .261 with 16 home runs and 46 RBIs in just 86 games. The commitment he’s shown to his fitness coupled with the kind of shape he’s in bodes well for him to take a leap forward in his progression into what could be a special season.

He could have always been this way, but Russell Martin looks to be in incredible shape in the photos I've seen of him in Pittsburgh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread