What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Path of Exile (free to play & now on Xbone) (2 Viewers)

My Ranger is Blitzokrieg - will it matter if I reroll?
No, once you are connected with a single character name, everything is then tied to your account from that point forward so we will see any new character you create. I will add you shortly. Thanks!

Has anyone else had Mainland China try to hack their account? Twice now. It is funny because it is a free game. There cannot be that much money in it.
How did you find out they tried to hack you?
If you log on to your account from a computer different from the one you last logged on with, then the account is immediately locked and they email you to give you the unlock code. In that email, it tells you where it was attempted to be logged in from. I know this well since I log in back and forth between home and work, so daily have to do the unlock dance. However, I have received 2 emails lately in the dead of night from China trying to log on to the account.

Since I feel like my Ranger is likely going to hit a brick wall in Cruel, I am starting to think of another character while I continue to play with the Ranger. I have been researching Witches and have come up with the following. All comments are welcomed.

* Pure Caster eventually using Blood Magic (will manage Mana until about level 30 or so)

* Concentrating on Fire with ignite

* Main skill will be Fireball (10% quality in my stash), supported with LMP, Concentrated Attack and Fire Penetration

* AOE skill will be Firestorm (7% quality in my stash), supported with Increased Duration and Chance to Ignite

* Meat shield will be Raise Zombie supported by Minion Life (this is just to lightly distract enemies since the Lord of the Dead notable is easy to get with this build.)

* Curse skill will be Flammability

* Try to pick up as much life passives as possible

* Perspective Fire Witch with Blood Magic Build

My main worry with this build is almost nothing is put towards armor or energy shield outside of what I can pick up in equipment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I feel like my Ranger is likely going to hit a brick wall in Cruel, I am starting to think of another character while I continue to play with the Ranger. I have been researching Witches and have come up with the following. All comments are welcomed.* Pure Caster eventually using Blood Magic (will manage Mana until about level 30 or so)* Concentrating on Fire with ignite* Main skill will be Fireball (10% quality in my stash), supported with LMP, Concentrated Attack and Fire Penetration* AOE skill will be Firestorm (7% quality in my stash), supported with Increased Duration and Chance to Ignite* Meat shield will be Raise Zombie supported by Minion Life (this is just to lightly distract enemies since the Lord of the Dead notable is easy to get with this build.)* Curse skill will be Flammability* Try to pick up as much life passives as possible* Perspective Fire Witch with Blood Magic BuildMy main worry with this build is almost nothing is put towards armor or energy shield outside of what I can pick up in equipment.
Check this variant of your build - uses same number of pointsyour build:Health:+96% + 0HP + 1.2% regenResists:18 light + 18 fire = 36 totalArmor:0Movement:0my build:(can start from Maurader instead if u want - look at gem quest rewards to make the decision easier - I think Maruader has more reduced mana gems as rewards = 1gcp(?) each when you sell them)Health:+61% + 30HP + 1.9% regenResists:+15-All + 30-Fire = 75 totalArmor:+43%Movement:+2%no blood magic (use blood magic gems instead for fireball and firestorm and allows you to run as many % based auras you want)Regardless which build you roll with be sure to spend 3 points and get InnerForce - it's that good (it's located, from witch, when you take a left to go to the middle at that intersection)Also be sure to have extra fire resist for elemental reflect mobs

Since I feel like my Ranger is likely going to hit a brick wall in Cruel, I am starting to think of another character while I continue to play with the Ranger. I have been researching Witches and have come up with the following. All comments are welcomed.* Pure Caster eventually using Blood Magic (will manage Mana until about level 30 or so)* Concentrating on Fire with ignite* Main skill will be Fireball (10% quality in my stash), supported with LMP, Concentrated Attack and Fire Penetration* AOE skill will be Firestorm (7% quality in my stash), supported with Increased Duration and Chance to Ignite* Meat shield will be Raise Zombie supported by Minion Life (this is just to lightly distract enemies since the Lord of the Dead notable is easy to get with this build.)* Curse skill will be Flammability* Try to pick up as much life passives as possible* Perspective Fire Witch with Blood Magic BuildMy main worry with this build is almost nothing is put towards armor or energy shield outside of what I can pick up in equipment.
Check this variant of your build - uses same number of pointsyour build:Health:+96% + 0HP + 1.2% regenResists:18 light + 18 fire = 36 totalArmor:0Movement:0my build:(can start from Maurader instead if u want - look at gem quest rewards to make the decision easier - I think Maruader has more reduced mana gems as rewards = 1gcp(?) each when you sell them)Health:+61% + 30HP + 1.9% regenResists:+15-All + 30-Fire = 75 totalArmor:+43%Movement:+2%no blood magic (use blood magic gems instead for fireball and firestorm and allows you to run as many % based auras you want)Regardless which build you roll with be sure to spend 3 points and get InnerForce - it's that good (it's located, from witch, when you take a left to go to the middle at that intersection)Also be sure to have extra fire resist for elemental reflect mobs
thanks! Using the Blood Magic Gems instead of taking the Keystone does appear to make for a stronger character!Thank you for the advice!

Trying to decide if I want to cut bait on the early armour bonuses with my marauder and grab more life over the build. . .

My main worry with this build is almost nothing is put towards armor or energy shield outside of what I can pick up in equipment.
It all looked good until this part.If you're going armor you shouldn't really have to worry about it, but if you are going hybrid or ES you will.

Also you should try Conc Effect on firestorm, if it still works it makes it more likely that your target will be hit by multiple fireballs.

Where should I farm/level build as a Level 30 approaching the Act II boss? Don't think I'm quite ready to take him on as my first run through the pyramid had several very close calls and an eventual death just before reaching him.

Where should I farm/level build as a Level 30 approaching the Act II boss? Don't think I'm quite ready to take him on as my first run through the pyramid had several very close calls and an eventual death just before reaching him.
This is about the time I learned the importance of elemental resistances.

This is about the time I learned the importance of elemental resistances.
Yeah - I had fire and lightning each at 50%. I could lose the fire and get lightning to 75% with equipment juggling.I'm not far from a few elemental boosts in the passive tree but was going to focus on life boosts for the next 8 levels or so.

With no XP loss penalty in normal I would try Western Forest first, but if you are looking for a more relaxing zone then Felshrine Ruins is good. Western is quick and risky, Felshrine is a little slower and almost zero risk.

With no XP loss penalty in normal I would try Western Forest first, but if you are looking for a more relaxing zone then Felshrine Ruins is good. Western is quick and risky, Felshrine is a little slower and almost zero risk.
If you want risk/reward, the Dread Thicket has a higher than normal chance for a large chest to spawn. I like farming it when I'm at the right levels. The snakes with annoying chaos damage don't show up until cruel.And do the boss in a party, makes it lots easier.

What is the max elemental resistance you can run with?And why the crap do I have -20% chaos resistance? Is that standard? I do not see it on my gear or in passives.

What is the max elemental resistance you can run with?And why the crap do I have -20% chaos resistance? Is that standard? I do not see it on my gear or in passives.
In normal you have 0% all resists.In cruel you have -20% all resists.In merciless you have -60% all resists.There is a node near the Marauder that gives you +5% max elemental resists which raises your max (normally 75%) to 80%, additionally you can use the Purity Aura which at level 20 gives another +5% max resists.There are some uniques(maybe one or two) that also raise max resists of a specific element 5%.So 75% normally, 80% with the node, 85% with the node+purity and 90% of a specific element with the node+purity+unique.Chaos is always 75% max unless you take Chaos Inoculation then its always 100%(immunity.)

It's -20 for cruel. Wait til you get to Merciless, it's -60. I just spent an Exalted on a 5 link chest Armour because it had high life, armor, and chaos resistance (and 5 linked red sockets). And Exalted was my best gem.

It all looked good until this part.If you're going armor you shouldn't really have to worry about it, but if you are going hybrid or ES you will.

Also you should try Conc Effect on firestorm, if it still works it makes it more likely that your target will be hit by multiple fireballs.
Thanks for the advice.I think with either my build or the better one JoJo suggested I should have enough strength to go with armor.

If you want risk/reward, the Dread Thicket has a higher than normal chance for a large chest to spawn. I like farming it when I'm at the right levels. The snakes with annoying chaos damage don't show up until cruel.And do the boss in a party, makes it lots easier.
At no point in Act 2 have I felt even remotely threatened by anything prior to the pyramid.ETA - not true. My first time through the Temple of Sins was rough. That's why I got some equipment to take my lightning resistance to 75%

At no point in Act 2 have I felt even remotely threatened by anything prior to the pyramid.ETA - not true. My first time through the Temple of Sins was rough. That's why I got some equipment to take my lightning resistance to 75%
Just get in a party. It's not only faceroll easy, it's quicker, because someone will have a TP up at the boss. Unless you want to slog through the Pyramid.Example: Last night in Merciless I joined a party for Marveill. Just as I was zoning in, they killed her. I still got credit. Then we all went to town, then ran the entire chamber of sins. All in under an hour. It would have taken me at least 3 hours, not to mention possible deaths and experience loss. Here's a tip: When at the higher difficulty levels where you lose experience on death, try to do the hardest bosses immediately after you hit a level, that way there's nothing to lose.

Chamber of Sins especially level 3, is the bane of my existence in this game. I always party up for that quest, spark is just ridiculous.
I want to buy a Blood Magic gem. What is the going rate?
Cheap, wouldn't pay more than a chaos for one.

I see AndyLovesHisBge in my friends list, is that NewlyRetired? Does the FBG group show up somewhere else?

Is there a way to get back to Brutus quickly? Sucks that you have to clear 2 levels of a dungeon to get to him. I cleared the whole second floor before advancing, hoping to find a portal.

Is there a way to get back to Brutus quickly? Sucks that you have to clear 2 levels of a dungeon to get to him. I cleared the whole second floor before advancing, hoping to find a portal.
Drop a portal scroll on his level. That will give you a direct connection between the town and the boss.

Drop a portal scroll on his level. That will give you a direct connection between the town and the boss.
Doh! The portal lasts as long as the instance?Can I use the portal to heal & recharge while he stays weak?

I see AndyLovesHisBge in my friends list, is that NewlyRetired? Does the FBG group show up somewhere else?
Yeah that's me Dragons. There is no "group" per say we just add each other to our friends list. AndyLovesHisBge is my user name and BigGreenEgg is the character I am playing with (you will see character name when I log in and username when I am offline)See this post for a list of character names you can add to your friends list from FBG. http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=675512&st=800&p=15339046entry15339046

Doh! The portal lasts as long as the instance?Can I use the portal to heal & recharge while he stays weak?
Yes to both questions. It is a common trick to use when fighting bosses solo.

You can also use it to get back to him if he kills you, the damage you've done will still be there. Make sure and drop another one as soon as you get there in case he kills you again.

Social options would be nice. In MMO's you can have group chats where you chat with people just in that group. It was great to sit and chat while playing LOTRO with people you knew.

You can also use it to get back to him if he kills you, the damage you've done will still be there. Make sure and drop another one as soon as you get there in case he kills you again.
yeah, I learned that lesson the hard way. I did not realize you could only use them once if using it from the town side.Also, there is a unique Gem called a Portal Gem. I have never seen it though. I think it is white and fits in any socket.

With the availability of portal scrolls, I am not sure I understand the need to make this a unique gem.

Social options would be nice. In MMO's you can have group chats where you chat with people just in that group. It was great to sit and chat while playing LOTRO with people you knew.
I agree, the idea of forming a group seems to be missing from the social bar. You can just add individual friends and whisper to them only one on one.

I agree, the idea of forming a group seems to be missing from the social bar. You can just add individual friends and whisper to them only one on one.
Maybe this is what separates MMORPGs from whatever they classified PoE. I'm sure it'll come eventually, though. Hell, the first online game I played, Meridian59 (mid 90's) had the ability to set up chat channels, it's not like it's hard.

yeah, I learned that lesson the hard way. I did not realize you could only use them once if using it from the town side.Also, there is a unique Gem called a Portal Gem. I have never seen it though. I think it is white and fits in any socket.

With the availability of portal scrolls, I am not sure I understand the need to make this a unique gem.
I also learned this the (almost) hard way, but luckily I survived the second attempt.

A decent VOIP would be nice, as well, unless we go about setting up a TS or Vent server.

They should be adding a group/clan chat option at some point this year, they have been looking into it for a while.

So I jumped on for a little last night. Within one hour, I had done the busts, got the spindle, finished that one, killed the general, killed Piety and then started merciless. All by jumping group to group. Now how fast can I get to the ledge from Hillock. . . :)

'Mad Cow said:
So I jumped on for a little last night. Within one hour, I had done the busts, got the spindle, finished that one, killed the general, killed Piety and then started merciless. All by jumping group to group. Now how fast can I get to the ledge from Hillock. . . :)
Damn, and I just got to act 3 cruel.

'Mad Cow said:
join a group and get the wp :)

'Mad Cow said:
join a group and get the wp :)
He will have to do a quest to open up the passage first. Its fairly simple to collect the 3 items and open up the submerged passage.

Yeah, hopefully finish that today. I just got so tired of getting waxed by act 3 mobs.

Hmmm...Something seems strange with the security or maybe I don't understand the mechanics

Last night I was informed that someone from Canada tried logged into my account, so GGG locked my account and sent me an unlock code to my email.

That worked fine.

This morning the same thing happened, but what seems strange to me is that the location that tried to access my account was literally 5 minutes from where I am sitting right now. That seems way to coincidental to me. Need to unlock again.

Users who are viewing this thread