What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Path of Exile (free to play & now on Xbone) (4 Viewers)

I am going to roll a character just to build as an unarmed tank. Just something to play around with at lower levels. If anyone gets a Facebreaker let me know. I'm still going to get my Duelist to endgame but sometimes I need to not be in Cruel or Merciless :)

So I joined a Ledge group and was jumping around like a mofo and just owning the mobs. I was feeling awesome with the new ways I built my guy and how I respec'd the gear gems. Then I realized I was in cruel, not merciless. :bag:

So I jumped in another group, in merciless, and aside from that #######g totem, I pretty much owned again. Loving my Mexican jumping Marauder.

Argh. A cautionary tale. I've been using the same weapon for about the last 15 levels. Plated Maul, does 210-328 dps. I'm always looking to upgrade, but don't see many mauls with higher dps, other than the unique that I can't afford. So I see someone post a Karui Maul that does 302-484 dps. Sweet. I bid 2 gcps, 3 chaos and get it. Get the sockets I want, equip it. It's a dps loss. How can this be? Well, the Plated Maul has a higher weapon speed, and also has 22% increased attack speed. So it's better. I guess I'll try and sell the other one.

Tried a new build with my 59 duelist (normal not HC) on Merciless A1, Ledge (L53 area) solo and it is damn hard, seems too hard for content where I am 6 levels above. I didn't die but had to pot quite often and run away many times.

My build is very defensive and yet those archers just tear me up.

gear

stats...

w/ full 4 frenzy stack:

dps

1722 Frenzy

1592 Infernal Blow

1326 life

3810 Armor (46%)

Resists

49% Fire

38% Cold

33% Light

-60% Chaos

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried a new build with my 59 duelist (normal not HC) on Merciless A1, Ledge (L53 area) solo and it is damn hard, seems too hard for content where I am 6 levels above. I didn't die but had to pot quite often and run away many times.

gear

stats...

w/ full 4 frenzy stack:

dps

1722 Frenzy

1592 Infernal Blow

1326 life

3810 Armor (46%)

Resists

49% Fire

38% Cold

33% Light

-60% Chaos
I maxed lightning resistance first thing when I got to Merciless, helps a lot.

gear

stats...

w/ full 4 frenzy stack:

dps

1722 Frenzy

1592 Infernal Blow

1326 life

3810 Armor (46%)

Resists

49% Fire

38% Cold

33% Light

-60% Chaos
You have too little life, your armor is fine, could use better resists but they aren't necessary for ledge. But 1.3k is about 1.5k short of where you should be.

gear

stats...

w/ full 4 frenzy stack:

dps

1722 Frenzy

1592 Infernal Blow

1326 life

3810 Armor (46%)

Resists

49% Fire

38% Cold

33% Light

-60% Chaos
You have too little life, your armor is fine, could use better resists but they aren't necessary for ledge. But 1.3k is about 1.5k short of where you should be.
That seems too high. I'm level 57 and a marauder with some pretty good life nodes and am sitting shy of 2000.

gear

stats...

w/ full 4 frenzy stack:

dps

1722 Frenzy

1592 Infernal Blow

1326 life

3810 Armor (46%)

Resists

49% Fire

38% Cold

33% Light

-60% Chaos
That seems too high. I'm level 57 and a marauder with some pretty good life nodes and am sitting shy of 2000.
Yeah, I ran the ledge at 2k health with no problems.

Could someone weigh in on my character and tell me if my stats are way off? I feel like armor and health are ok but my DPS is too low for my level. I am making my way through cruel act 1 but I need to play pretty carefully.

Level 44, Ranger - Bow

Armor @1563

Health @ 1332

Mana 273

Default DPS @ 180

Lightening Res: 37

Cold Res: 46

Fire Res: 48

Chaos Res: 4

If I am looking for meat puppets for extra shielding, is Raise Zombie or Raise Spectre better? I feel like there are so few Zombies lieing around that Raise Spectre would be easier to use but am not sure.

If I am looking for meat puppets for extra shielding, is Raise Zombie or Raise Spectre better? I feel like there are so few Zombies lieing around that Raise Spectre would be easier to use but am not sure.
I like Raise Zombie better as a meat shield, paired with Minion Life support gem. You get 3 zombies vs 1 spectre without passive improvements.

I like Raise Zombie better as a meat shield, paired with Minion Life support gem. You get 3 zombies vs 1 spectre without passive improvements.
That was my initial thought too but I was worried that there were so few zombies I see laying around that the skill would almost go unused where as there are always a ton of dead bodies to raise as spectresAm I misunderstanding what can be raised as a zombie?

I have an extra chain support gem.

If anyone has a decent quiver (for a level 40+ character) or Leech Mana or Faster Attacks, please let me know if you want to trade.

That was my initial thought too but I was worried that there were so few zombies I see laying around that the skill would almost go unused where as there are always a ton of dead bodies to raise as spectresAm I misunderstanding what can be raised as a zombie?
I think so. I only played with this at the lowest of low levels with my rogue but it seemed that anything that was killed could be raised as a zombie. It seems you may be just thinking of the bodies you push over like rocks.

I think so. I only played with this at the lowest of low levels with my rogue but it seemed that anything that was killed could be raised as a zombie. It seems you may be just thinking of the bodies you push over like rocks.
Yes, that is exactly what i was thinking. So if anything can be raised as a Zombie and anything can be raised as a Specter, why the two different skills?

I have an extra chain support gem.If anyone has a decent quiver (for a level 40+ character) or Leech Mana or Faster Attacks, please let me know if you want to trade.
I have 2 level 32 rare quivers, 1 level 36, and 2 level 44s. Let me know what you're looking for, some have life, some crit, resistance, etc. For instance, one of the level 32s seems pretty good: Adds 2-4 fire damage, 2% life leech, +10 life when an enemy is killed, 61 to max life, 12% fire resist. But I don't have an archer, so I don't know what's good. I also have an extra faster attack gem.

I have an extra chain support gem.If anyone has a decent quiver (for a level 40+ character) or Leech Mana or Faster Attacks, please let me know if you want to trade.
I have 2 level 32 rare quivers, 1 level 36, and 2 level 44s. Let me know what you're looking for, some have life, some crit, resistance, etc. For instance, one of the level 32s seems pretty good: Adds 2-4 fire damage, 2% life leech, +10 life when an enemy is killed, 61 to max life, 12% fire resist. But I don't have an archer, so I don't know what's good. I also have an extra faster attack gem.
Cool. Would you like the chain for the faster attack or would you like something else?

Cool. Would you like the chain for the faster attack or would you like something else?
Think chain is worth more than faster attack, I'd take a chaos on it. Or maybe chain for faster attacks and a quiver.

Think chain is worth more than faster attack, I'd take a chaos on it. Or maybe chain for faster attacks and a quiver.
Ok lets do chain for faster attacks and a quiver. Next time we are on together you can show me some of your quivers. For comparison sake, this is the one I am using now and have been using for more than 20 levels. I'll take anything that is a decent upgrade over this. None of the stats on this are critical to me at this point.Requires Level 16Adds 2-3 Cold DamageAdds 4-6 Physical DamageAdds 5-11 Fire DamageAdds 1-5 Lightning Damage+1 Mana Gained when you Kill an enemy+13% to Fire Resistance

Yes, that is exactly what i was thinking. So if anything can be raised as a Zombie and anything can be raised as a Specter, why the two different skills?
All summons play critical roles.Skeletons are cheap and plenty. They do okay damage but are very low life.Zombies are your meat shields. With life passives and Minion life they get huge health pools. They do okay damage as well but you can only have a couple so they are worth more for meat shields than dps.Specters are your damage. You get few, only 4 max and that requires two uniques and one specific passive node. The reason Specters shine in comparison as damage dealers is because you raise anything except for a boss as a specter, so what you do is go into Solaris level 3 and find one of the champion flame ribbons with multiple projectiles or you go into Lunaris level 3 and find one of the tentacle miscreations that has multiple projectiles (these can be easily identified because instead of shoot one needle at a time 20 times, they shoot 3 at a time 20 times,) they become massive damage dealers when you consider that you can boost their damage up to 100%+ of their natural damage which is enough to wreck most players, let alone other mobs.A lot of people don't realize, most mobs do a lot more damage then players actually do.

All summons play critical roles.Skeletons are cheap and plenty. They do okay damage but are very low life.Zombies are your meat shields. With life passives and Minion life they get huge health pools. They do okay damage as well but you can only have a couple so they are worth more for meat shields than dps.Specters are your damage. You get few, only 4 max and that requires two uniques and one specific passive node. The reason Specters shine in comparison as damage dealers is because you raise anything except for a boss as a specter, so what you do is go into Solaris level 3 and find one of the champion flame ribbons with multiple projectiles or you go into Lunaris level 3 and find one of the tentacle miscreations that has multiple projectiles (these can be easily identified because instead of shoot one needle at a time 20 times, they shoot 3 at a time 20 times,) they become massive damage dealers when you consider that you can boost their damage up to 100%+ of their natural damage which is enough to wreck most players, let alone other mobs.A lot of people don't realize, most mobs do a lot more damage then players actually do.
Zombies if you are specced into the minion nodes, otherwise spell totem + summon skeletons for meat shield.

Incinerate turned out to be a disappointment so I deleted my firewitch and I'm going for a crit/fire shadow. Very flaky build, 145% in life nodes is very low even for a caster but it should do outrageous damage. There has to be a reason no one ever goes crit/fire, and I'm gonna find out why.

Zombies if you are specced into the minion nodes, otherwise spell totem + summon skeletons for meat shield.
Debatable, most builds I would agree skele brotem is better just because its disposable and dual purpose.But for casters, having some Zombies with minion life/speed supports are much better than skeletons.

Incinerate turned out to be a disappointment so I deleted my firewitch and I'm going for a crit/fire shadow. Very flaky build, 145% in life nodes is very low even for a caster but it should do outrageous damage. There has to be a reason no one ever goes crit/fire, and I'm gonna find out why.

Debatable, most builds I would agree skele brotem is better just because its disposable and dual purpose.But for casters, having some Zombies with minion life/speed supports are much better than skeletons.
Get Minion Instability if you do, might as well for more fire damage as well as Pyromaniac and the +burn damage nodes that go with it, then if you use ignite support gem w/ zombies + minion life you get a nice little dps boost.You don't have to get all of the minion nodes either so you can still do good fire damage as a caster.

Build I was using

Soul Siphon is also good for casters, but you probably already know that

Man, I am anxious to do the bust quest in Act 3 with my ranger. That will give me enough respec points I THINK with the regrets to redo this build. I just don't have the health in this build.

Man, I am anxious to do the bust quest in Act 3 with my ranger. That will give me enough respec points I THINK with the regrets to redo this build. I just don't have the health in this build.
I think I've picked up another couple of regrets since we traded, if you want some more. I'll do it for 2 alchs, I'm low on them.

I'm looking over all the recipes and trying to determine the best way to handle town runs to unload gear. What are your strats?

Right now, I'm picking up all non-whites and whites with a quality rating. Selling quality gear (indiscriminate of color) when I accumulate 40%+. ID and sell off the rest of the blues and then hang on to the yellows. Hopefully for a I guess an Orb of Chance (complete set of rares).

Is that a good basic strat, or am I missing a recipe somewhere that's awesome?

Get Minion Instability if you do, might as well for more fire damage as well as Pyromaniac and the +burn damage nodes that go with it, then if you use ignite support gem w/ zombies + minion life you get a nice little dps boost.

You don't have to get all of the minion nodes either so you can still do good fire damage as a caster.

Build I was using

I'm not going for minions on my Shadow, I won't need them, all I need to worry about is not killing myself.Build: at 79

Pluses:

-Eldritch Battery

-15% Cast Speed

-19% Spell, 20% Area, 20% Elemental, 18% Lightning, 68% Fire, 80% Burning damage.

-20% Chance to Shock when dealing lightning damage

-28% Increased Area of Effect

-44% Armour/ES

-20% All, 16% Chaos, 15% Fire, 15% Lightning Resist

-310% increased Spell Crit Chance

-150% increased Spell Crit Multiplier

Minuses:

-Eldritch Battery

-Only 150% increased Life

-Only 20% Mana Regen

-Only 8% increased Mana

Should be looking at around 3k Life but im gonna be stuck wearing Armor/ES gear just to have enough mana to support myself. Have a Searing Touch already, need a better one but ill figure something out.

Fireball w/ LMP+Added Lightning+Concentrated Effect+Life Leech

2x Fire Trap w/ Concentrated Effect+Increased Crit DMG

I'm looking over all the recipes and trying to determine the best way to handle town runs to unload gear. What are your strats? Right now, I'm picking up all non-whites and whites with a quality rating. Selling quality gear (indiscriminate of color) when I accumulate 40%+. ID and sell off the rest of the blues and then hang on to the yellows. Hopefully for a I guess an Orb of Chance (complete set of rares).Is that a good basic strat, or am I missing a recipe somewhere that's awesome?
if all your are getting is chance orbs I would skip it. It is not realy worth the work. Chance orbs are pretty weak and they have decent drop rates.

I'm looking over all the recipes and trying to determine the best way to handle town runs to unload gear. What are your strats? Right now, I'm picking up all non-whites and whites with a quality rating. Selling quality gear (indiscriminate of color) when I accumulate 40%+. ID and sell off the rest of the blues and then hang on to the yellows. Hopefully for a I guess an Orb of Chance (complete set of rares).Is that a good basic strat, or am I missing a recipe somewhere that's awesome?
I have pretty good clear speed so I become lazy when I make runs to the vendors.I pick up only high itemlevel blue jewelry and leather belts. All rares and uniques. Chromatic items (3L sockets one of each color), currency items.And most recently added high itemlevel gloves, imperial bows and glorious plate armors for crafting.At lower levels I would just fill my inventory with blue jewelry, chromatic items and all rares and then identify and sell it all to vendors for alterations.

Damn, I just tried a map. I alched it up to rare. 20% more monster health, health and mana regenerate 50% slower, you are cursed with enfeeble. Unique Rhoa boss that pretty much 3 hit me. Repeatedly, until I couldn't go back anymore.

Get Minion Instability if you do, might as well for more fire damage as well as Pyromaniac and the +burn damage nodes that go with it, then if you use ignite support gem w/ zombies + minion life you get a nice little dps boost.

You don't have to get all of the minion nodes either so you can still do good fire damage as a caster.

Build I was using

I'm not going for minions on my Shadow, I won't need them, all I need to worry about is not killing myself.Build: at 79

Pluses:

-Eldritch Battery

-15% Cast Speed

-19% Spell, 20% Area, 20% Elemental, 18% Lightning, 68% Fire, 80% Burning damage.

-44% Armour/ES

Minuses:

-Eldritch Battery

-Only 20% Mana Regen

-Only 8% increased Mana

Should be looking at around 3k Life but im gonna be stuck wearing Armor/ES gear just to have enough mana to support myself. Have a Searing Touch already, need a better one but ill figure something out.

Add Inner Force + Discipline for more mana

Build I was using

Pluses:

-Eldritch Battery

-15% Cast Speed

-44% Armour/ES

Minuses:

-Eldritch Battery

-Only 20% Mana Regen

-Only 8% increased Mana

Add Inner Force + Discipline for more mana
Thats the plan if I can't cut it without inner force, back out of a couple damage nodes, my mana pool should be fine my problem is gonna by my mana regen rate, which will go up as the size of my mana pool scales, the problem is 20% is awful, even with gear ill be hard pressed to get close to 80%.Its been so long since I played a caster I can't remember effective mana pool/regen levels.

Clarity scales so horribly even with inner force.

Damn, I just tried a map. I alched it up to rare. 20% more monster health, health and mana regenerate 50% slower, you are cursed with enfeeble. Unique Rhoa boss that pretty much 3 hit me. Repeatedly, until I couldn't go back anymore.
WOw do you get better items?
Not really. Higher item levels, I guess, but nothing special. I was probably at too low a level to run that kind of map. I tried another one with no negatives, just larger pack size and more magic monsters and I was able to finish it.

WOw do you get better items?
Not really. Higher item levels, I guess, but nothing special. I was probably at too low a level to run that kind of map. I tried another one with no negatives, just larger pack size and more magic monsters and I was able to finish it.
Rare maps are dangerous, even if you are overleveled, best to be done in groups.

Ok guys got up to level 61 today time to get serious gear at this point. I need high armour 5 link/6 life Regen and resists if you guys are sitting on one. Hit me up.

Ok guys got up to level 61 today time to get serious gear at this point. I need high armour 5 link/6 life Regen and resists if you guys are sitting on one. Hit me up.
What levels are you running at that level? My marauder is 59 but hasn't done anything except ledge in merciless.

What levels are you running at that level? My marauder is 59 but hasn't done anything except ledge in merciless.
I am in sarn merciless. Holding my own but have to kite most levels
I'll try to catch up this week and we can farm together. Fellshine would be a good spot at that level too.

Thanks Buddy Ball and Football Dummy for your help with Piety earlier. I may get in later to move on up!

I am in sarn merciless. Holding my own but have to kite most levels
I'll try to catch up this week and we can farm together. Fellshine would be a good spot at that level too.
sounds good. If you need help in act 1 let me know, I can always use more XP and maybe a gem or two.

So I figured out why no one goes fire/crit.

Just not enough points to go around, I tried to back out of my crit nodes and I picked up a Voll's Protector for cheap.

Just not enough everything. EB giving me 400 extra mana and with mana leech on fireball I can't sustain DPS.

My firetraps wreck everything, at the cost of a 6th of my mana pool each.

If you plan on going fire crit, just level something else with an early/midgame friendlier spell and then switch over after you have gear that gives you enough mana.

Ok, tip toeing though beginning of act 2 in cruel. I want to keep going with out partying until I hit a brick wall.

Thank god for you guys though for trading. I have not made a single trade outside of fbg's. Either my whispers are ignored or my posts on the forum are ignored.

Questions:

Do the currency drop rates change from normal to cruel to merciless?

If you kill a bad guy and he gets resurrected by a necromancer and you kill him again, do you get experience for killing him again?

I can't see to find an aura that works well with my elemental bow ranger. Any recommendations?

Questions:Do the currency drop rates change from normal to cruel to merciless?
Crappier orbs become more common but the rare orbs are the same rate from beginning to end game.
If you kill a bad guy and he gets resurrected by a necromancer and you kill him again, do you get experience for killing him again?
No.
I can't see to find an aura that works well with my elemental bow ranger. Any recommendations?
Grace, Wrath and Anger all of them.

Also, looking to buy some chromatic orbs - need to roll a few items and its gonna take me a while to get the right sockets (need 2 red 1 blue 2 green on a 6S evasion chest).

1x Alch for 10x Chromatics

1x Chaos for 20x Chromatics

Users who are viewing this thread