Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Buddy Ball 2K3

Path of Exile (free to play & now on Xbone)

Current for sale thread My link

I'll buy faster casting off of you, let me know your IGN and price or if there is a gem you need I have a bunch.
Just use Tarethyn as one of the names, then my comments will show me as Mad Cow.

Whew. Just finished my first race ever. 1 hour Hardcore Turbo. Turbo = Monsters move, attack and cast 60% faster. Turbo + Hardcore + Rhoas in the Mud Flats = Scary.

The good: I didn't die.

The bad: I came in 562 out of 913. I was level 9.6 at the end, the top guy was level 19. I made some rookie mistakes/discoveries. You can't just run to Hillock and get into town apparently, you have to kill at least 2 other monsters, the one at the beginning counting as one. I also ran 2/3 of the terrace without taking my Hillock quest reward, which was vital, so I had to run all the way back because I didn't find any portal scrolls. I also didn't find a maul until the Mud Flats.

Was a lot of fun though, would do again. I basically didn't do any quests except Hillock and ran to the ledge.

I also ran 2/3 of the terrace without taking my Hillock quest reward, which was vital, so I had to run all the way back because I didn't find any portal scrolls.

lol ouch

Whew. Just finished my first race ever. 1 hour Hardcore Turbo. Turbo = Monsters move, attack and cast 60% faster. Turbo + Hardcore + Rhoas in the Mud Flats = Scary. The good: I didn't die. The bad: I came in 562 out of 913. I was level 9.6 at the end, the top guy was level 19. I made some rookie mistakes/discoveries. You can't just run to Hillock and get into town apparently, you have to kill at least 2 other monsters, the one at the beginning counting as one. I also ran 2/3 of the terrace without taking my Hillock quest reward, which was vital, so I had to run all the way back because I didn't find any portal scrolls. I also didn't find a maul until the Mud Flats. Was a lot of fun though, would do again. I basically didn't do any quests except Hillock and ran to the ledge.

In a one hour race, what type of character is best to level fast with? What level were you when you hit ledge?

In a one hour race, what type of character is best to level fast with? What level were you when you hit ledge?

You have a lot of options in a one hour race. Marauder has the least competition but at the cost of sucking terribly. Templar is heavily contested but has a great combination of skills and passives making them good from beginning to end. Rangers get poison arrow, easy game. Shadow gets EK, Poison arrow, fire trap - pick one, your doing better than every other class. Witch gets Freezing Pulse and EK, pretty middle of the road considering their passive tree sucks. Duelist is becoming heavily competitive, they start with cleave and with their passive tree rework they get a great mix of passives for a one hour race.If your concerned with speed id say Ranger/Shadow, Templar, Duelist, Witch, Marauder.You should be around lvl 6 when you hit ledge and you will run it till your 8ish if you wanna kill Brutus.

Whew. Just finished my first race ever. 1 hour Hardcore Turbo. Turbo = Monsters move, attack and cast 60% faster. Turbo + Hardcore + Rhoas in the Mud Flats = Scary. The good: I didn't die. The bad: I came in 562 out of 913. I was level 9.6 at the end, the top guy was level 19. I made some rookie mistakes/discoveries. You can't just run to Hillock and get into town apparently, you have to kill at least 2 other monsters, the one at the beginning counting as one. I also ran 2/3 of the terrace without taking my Hillock quest reward, which was vital, so I had to run all the way back because I didn't find any portal scrolls. I also didn't find a maul until the Mud Flats. Was a lot of fun though, would do again. I basically didn't do any quests except Hillock and ran to the ledge.

I don't remember what level, but it was about 27 minutes in. I was playing Marauder groundslam, which apparently isn't optimal.

You have a lot of options in a one hour race. Marauder has the least competition but at the cost of sucking terribly. Templar is heavily contested but has a great combination of skills and passives making them good from beginning to end. Rangers get poison arrow, easy game. Shadow gets EK, Poison arrow, fire trap - pick one, your doing better than every other class. Witch gets Freezing Pulse and EK, pretty middle of the road considering their passive tree sucks. Duelist is becoming heavily competitive, they start with cleave and with their passive tree rework they get a great mix of passives for a one hour race.If your concerned with speed id say Ranger/Shadow, Templar, Duelist, Witch, Marauder.You should be around lvl 6 when you hit ledge and you will run it till your 8ish if you wanna kill Brutus.
Ahh thanks lots of good info. From your first couple of sentences, it sounds like you only compete against players from the same class in the race? I guess that makes sense.

I also ran 2/3 of the terrace without taking my Hillock quest reward, which was vital, so I had to run all the way back because I didn't find any portal scrolls.

lol ouch
Hey, it was my first time. Be gentle.

lol ouch
Did you pick up some reward points?

Ahh thanks lots of good info. From your first couple of sentences, it sounds like you only compete against players from the same class in the race? I guess that makes sense.
Im not certain, but I know that there are 6 main prizes, one for each top ranking of a specific class, after that its all about points.Top rank of a class nets you a demigod unique, which are limited prizes for each season. The points however add up for pretty meh uniques.

lol ouch

I got...... 1 Point. Not worth it in an overall sort of way, but I enjoyed the experience overall, so :shrug:

I know it has been established that Item Rarity must be tied to the active skill in order to work, but what about auras? Can you link it to an aura so it always works with kills?

I know it has been established that Item Rarity must be tied to the active skill in order to work, but what about auras? Can you link it to an aura so it always works with kills?

I don't think so, but I believe you can add them to AoE spells.

Curses?

Curses?
Think it has to be linked to an active skill, but I don't know for sure.

I am asking in the forums where a Mod responded. If the aura causes dmg, you would think it would work.

So apparently it must be an active skill. No to auras or curses. :hot:

I agree with the sentiment that that gem should be colorless.

OK, so I am too lazy to look it up. Does anyone have the post off hand that reviewed how to go about crafting?

So apparently it must be an active skill. No to auras or curses. :hot:I agree with the sentiment that that gem should be colorless.

Typically if you try to link a gem with another gem if the mana cost / cast speed of the spell does not change then there is no effect.

OK, so I am too lazy to look it up. Does anyone have the post off hand that reviewed how to go about crafting?

I have this one bookmarked.

I want to try my hand at crafting just for fun - do those of you experienced find more success just alch'ing the whites, or trying for chance?

I want to try my hand at crafting just for fun - do those of you experienced find more success just alch'ing the whites, or trying for chance?

I use my blessed and divines on uniques to up their stats. I just finished working on my Astrementis Onyx Amulet. It had a base of +14 to all attributes and an additional +81 to all attributes (possibly the worst roll possible) and after 3 blessed and one divine I got it to 18 & 95.

I use my blessed and divines on uniques to up their stats. I just finished working on my Astrementis Onyx Amulet. It had a base of +14 to all attributes and an additional +81 to all attributes (possibly the worst roll possible) and after 3 blessed and one divine I got it to 18 & 95.
But do I chance it with a chance, or do I just alch it and stay safe? I had a bunch of chance, but spent them all to get regrets. Now I am left with 7, meaning I could try 1 chance, then purchase a scouring if it didn't work out, I guess.

But do I chance it with a chance, or do I just alch it and stay safe? I had a bunch of chance, but spent them all to get regrets. Now I am left with 7, meaning I could try 1 chance, then purchase a scouring if it didn't work out, I guess.
I sell my chances. I figure that I will have to use a chance and a scouring so I just use alchs.

lol ouch

I got...... 1 Point. Not worth it in an overall sort of way, but I enjoyed the experience overall, so :shrug:

I think just surviving is pretty cool. :thumbup:

You probably got the point for getting to level 8.

What was the iLevel of your Onyx?

I do not recall. Sorry

For the first time last night, I gave partying a real chance, spending over an hour running the Fellshrine ruins.

I don't think my computer can handle it. With 6 people in the party and AOE's, curses and auroas all over the place I could never see any thing while fighting, it was just one huge mass of color and sound every battle.

The drops seemed ok but nothing more than I could get on my own especially with people ninjaing left and right ( much of that is my fault as my ranger is too slow to get to things, by the time the screen clears up from the AOE's, the timer is almost gone. )

For you guys that follow the forums, has GGG stated why they won't lengthen the loot timers to say even 30 seconds? They seem closer to 5 seconds right now.

Edited by NewlyRetired

I do not recall. Sorry
The last patch added this feature. I wonder if it is for only in game or will work when hovering over your stuff on the web?====The information that is put on the clipboard when you hover over and item and press Ctrl+C now includes socket information and itemlevel.

I need chaos orbs. Anyone care to trade me some? What is the conversion for 1 GCP?

Or I can trade those gems people were interested in for chaos. I NEED them, man! Hook me up! :bag:

Is my GCP drop rate normal or am i just a bit unlucky with these?

~55 hours of play and have seen exactly one GCP drop.

I'll buy faster casting off of you, let me know your IGN and price or if there is a gem you need I have a bunch.

I'll buy the reduced mana gem.

Can I get any chaos for them? :bag:

Is my GCP drop rate normal or am i just a bit unlucky with these?~55 hours of play and have seen exactly one GCP drop.

I've played longer and only seen one. You're better off trading items for them.

Sonuvagun, I traded the GCP for chaos, some jewelers for chaos, some chromatics for chaos, and still getting the old screwgie from the RNG. :hot:

If anyone comes across nice bows with 300+dps let me know as I will be interested in buying from you. Also for anyone who has completed Act Merciless and wants to run maps together (with loot going to name not FFA) let me know...In game name is Ssthla.

I have read that a 1H mace is the best weapon to build with ground slam, having dual wield maces for the extra ele dmg. If so, I think I found an awesome mace for that build - tell me your thoughts:

Phys 103-153, Elect 6-81

Attks/sec 1.20

Req lvl 60

20% Inc Elemental Dmg

146% inc phys dmg

Adds the above lightning

+5 life per hit

+28 mana

Seems like it has all the needed elements for a ground slam build, no?

I have read that a 1H mace is the best weapon to build with ground slam, having dual wield maces for the extra ele dmg. If so, I think I found an awesome mace for that build - tell me your thoughts:Phys 103-153, Elect 6-81Attks/sec 1.20Req lvl 6020% Inc Elemental Dmg146% inc phys dmgAdds the above lightning+5 life per hit+28 manaSeems like it has all the needed elements for a ground slam build, no?

I use a 2 handed mace for ground slam. 210-328 damage, 22% increased attack speed. Lower level requirement. Seems better.

I have read that a 1H mace is the best weapon to build with ground slam, having dual wield maces for the extra ele dmg. If so, I think I found an awesome mace for that build - tell me your thoughts:Phys 103-153, Elect 6-81Attks/sec 1.20Req lvl 6020% Inc Elemental Dmg146% inc phys dmgAdds the above lightning+5 life per hit+28 manaSeems like it has all the needed elements for a ground slam build, no?

The rationale on the 1H is that you get an additional 20% elemental dmg from the off-hand if you use a mace there, as well as other buffs. If you use 2H, you are limited. I read an article on it a week or so ago.I use a 2 handed mace for ground slam. 210-328 damage, 22% increased attack speed. Lower level requirement. Seems better.
The rationale on the 1H is that you get an additional 20% elemental dmg from the off-hand if you use a mace there, as well as other buffs. If you use 2H, you are limited. I read an article on it a week or so ago.ETA since it was skill based, only the weapon speed on the main hand affected anything, as well. Edited by Mad Cow

If anyone comes across nice bows with 300+dps let me know as I will be interested in buying from you. Also for anyone who has completed Act Merciless and wants to run maps together (with loot going to name not FFA) let me know...In game name is Ssthla.

Is there a way to calculate the DPS of a weapon with out equipping it and having it be affected by your other gear?

Is there a way to calculate the DPS of a weapon with out equipping it and having it be affected by your other gear?
Yes. Don't put any gems in it and look at it. For my Maurader, the main thing seems to be increased attack speed and weapon damage, ymmv.

Yes. Don't put any gems in it and look at it.
I guess what I am asking is what is the exact formula.The variables seem to be min-max physical, various min-max elementals and an attack speed.There must be a specific formula you can use to get a single DPS number so that you can compare it to other weapons for DPS. Just looking at it doesn't necc. give you a single DPS number does it(I may be missing it)? Edited by NewlyRetired

So I had Item Quantity drop for me just now. That is superior to Rarity, from what they say, yes?

Yes. Don't put any gems in it and look at it.
I guess what I am asking is what is the exact formula.

The variables seem to be min-max physical, various min-max elementals and an attack speed.

There must be a specific formula you can use to get a single DPS number so that you can compare it to other weapons for DPS.

Just looking at it doesn't necc. give you a single DPS number does it(I may be missing it)?

DPS formula is complicated because there are a ton of factors that affect it but the biggest factors to be aware of are weapon base attack speed (the one listed on the weapon), weapon base damage and the skills being used damage effectiveness (if not listed is 100%). Damage effectiveness takes the result of the damage calculation and then multiplies it by a %, popular skills such as ground slam or lightning arrow have a damage effectiveness of 70%, whereas powerful single target skills like heavy strike have a 150% damage effectiveness.

On damage calculation

Edited by Run It Up

Holy crap! I have every reason to believe that Item Quantity pVVns. 5 minutes into a Fellshire run, I have gotten 4 gems and 7 rares. :excited: