Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Buddy Ball 2K3

Path of Exile (free to play & now on Xbone)

I think I have an extra fire trap you can have. What is your player name?

sweet!I won't be on 'til saturday, but I think I'm eom or eommage.maybe one is the char name and one the account, but I'd have to doublecheck.maybe I can give you some orb, or something -- don't know what I have.I'm not too hip to the orbs yet.
I have like 5 of them, one quality. You're welcome to one from me too, free if it's not quality. IGN Smuch or SmuchEK.

sweet!I won't be on 'til saturday, but I think I'm eom or eommage.maybe one is the char name and one the account, but I'd have to doublecheck.maybe I can give you some orb, or something -- don't know what I have.I'm not too hip to the orbs yet.
I have like 5 of them, one quality. You're welcome to one from me too, free if it's not quality. IGN Smuch or SmuchEK.
awesome - you guys are the best!I'll figure out how to get that this weekend.

awesome - you guys are the best!I'll figure out how to get that this weekend.
Lol, just found another one. Seriously guys, look me up for gems. I have like 3-4 tabs worth. For some reason, gems drop for me like currency drops for Schiznitt.

dilemma. I have over 100 chaos orbs now from farming. I am trying to buy better gear, but I am not seeing it. Is it better to ask on the forum or chat it up online? I would ask for it by name what I want, but I don't know what the weapons names are or if they exist. I just want better stuff. I post my stuff in chat and people send me offers of lesser gear? WTF?

Are you sure those are chaos orbs and not chromatic?On another note, I really hate the bartering system. Now when I post items on the forum I have to artificially inflate my prices since every time someone messages me in game for an item they are lowballing me. Then you have people I try to buy from and I offer them a chaos and they reply 2 chaos. I really don't want to do the song and dance back and forth every time I want to buy/sell an item.

Instead of looking at the character screen, look to the bottom right hand side of the screen where you map your attacks and skills to your mouse keys and to the keyboard keys.

Hover over those icons and it will show you the different DPS for each button or key.

For example my main attack is burning arrow (left mouse button), and my two AOE's, Lightening Arrow and Poison Arrow are mapped to the middle mouse button and right mouse button respectively.

All 3 have various DPS and are different from the default DPS which is shown on the character screen.

Lightning Arrow: 420.7 dps

Burning Arrow: 580 dps

Poison Arrow: 459.1 dps

Default attack: 416.7 dps

Ok your burning arrow is much better than mine. My bow sucks at my level which is my dps problem.

For your lightening arrow, what support gems are you using to keep such a high dps? Must not be using LMP or GMP.

In the first post of this thread are my old bow and new bow that I'm borrowing from BuddyBall. http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/42079/page/15 If the old bow is an upgrade for you, you're welcome to borrow it.

I am linking Iron Grip (L12), Weapon Elemental Damage (L13) and Lesser Multiple Particles (L12) to Lightning Arrow (L13).

I have pierce and added cold damage added to Burning Arrow and a 4th wasted linked spot (lightning penetration) because I don't have a good blue support gem for it.

Here's my passive tree: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAdEB5wUtCC4OrRQgFHEY2xmOGlUhYCi1KaUyCTJ-NZI26DpSQKBBqkOcRmlKfU7IUEdW-livW69gS2EhY6dko2egaoduqnKpdO108XgNeu-E74d2kAqbjZ65okCnMKlur-u18sSi037dDd1G37_tg-4O7070-Pcy-Ov8TvzF

Edited by Dragons

dilemma. I have over 100 chaos orbs now from farming. I am trying to buy better gear, but I am not seeing it. Is it better to ask on the forum or chat it up online? I would ask for it by name what I want, but I don't know what the weapons names are or if they exist. I just want better stuff. I post my stuff in chat and people send me offers of lesser gear? WTF?

Are you sure those are chaos orbs and not chromatic?On another note, I really hate the bartering system. Now when I post items on the forum I have to artificially inflate my prices since every time someone messages me in game for an item they are lowballing me. Then you have people I try to buy from and I offer them a chaos and they reply 2 chaos. I really don't want to do the song and dance back and forth every time I want to buy/sell an item.
Yes I have over 100 chaos orbs now. Are they chromos LOL. If you guys are on sometime I will link them to you. I am sitting on 8 GCP's and a Regal I picked up as well. I just can't seem to find better equipment. I saw a sweet shield last night that was a unique, but when you are on low life you slow down 40% or something like that. Plus the movement speed was already like 5% reduction. Edit to add...is there a way to link here my stuff?

Edit to add...is there a way to link here my stuff?

You can start a thread in one of the forums on the POE web site and then link all your gear into that thread and then provide link here.

Yes I have over 100 chaos orbs now. Are they chromos LOL. If you guys are on sometime I will link them to you. I am sitting on 8 GCP's and a Regal I picked up as well. I just can't seem to find better equipment. I saw a sweet shield last night that was a unique, but when you are on low life you slow down 40% or something like that. Plus the movement speed was already like 5% reduction. Edit to add...is there a way to link here my stuff?
You are officially much richer than myself - in terms of currency at least. Crafting binge, a few extravagant purhcases and I have like 10 alchs, 300 jewelers, 2 regals and a bunch of alterations, of which I burned 100 last night just making leveling gear for a character lol.If anyone needs a 5L ES chest, I have two for sale, both req. lvl mid 50s - Looking for a little over an exalt, but i'm willing to deal.As far as linking items, you would have to make a post on the forum, link the items in that thead and then link that thread to here. Edited by Run It Up

Dang man, I do not know how you guys get so much currency. In LOTRO, I had tons of cash I got from crafting and farming, probably top 5% on my server. Here, I am a pauper. 10 chaos, and a lot of lesser crap. 2 or 3 GCP. Never sniffed an exalted or even regal.

Dang man, I do not know how you guys get so much currency. In LOTRO, I had tons of cash I got from crafting and farming, probably top 5% on my server. Here, I am a pauper. 10 chaos, and a lot of lesser crap. 2 or 3 GCP. Never sniffed an exalted or even regal.

Do you vendor all of your trash or do you save it? I vendor everything and then sell the alts etc. I have 50-60 chaos 10 or 15 gcp and 5 or 6 exalts currently and i just started to farm seriously the other night.

Do you vendor all of your trash or do you save it? I vendor everything and then sell the alts etc. I have 50-60 chaos 10 or 15 gcp and 5 or 6 exalts currently and i just started to farm seriously the other night.
Thanks for the chest piece and the advice on auras. bumped my armor together almost 4000. Still way lower than yours but getting there.

Sell most of it.

Thanks for the chest piece and the advice on auras. bumped my armor together almost 4000. Still way lower than yours but getting there.
What auras do you run for what class?

No problem. Some new armor and you will be able to handle the monkey with out issue. Did you have enough stones to upgrade the ax? If not let me know, I have plenty of those as well.

Sell most of it.
You holding on to alts? Do not sell your alts at the 20:1 ratio. You can easily get 60:4

No problem. Some new armor and you will be able to handle the monkey with out issue. Did you have enough stones to upgrade the ax? If not let me know, I have plenty of those as well.
I had enough for that, thanks. I will get you the GCPs as soon as I get some. Appreciate the advice as well. I see an end path for my passives now.

I had enough for that, thanks. I will get you the GCPs as soon as I get some. Appreciate the advice as well. I see an end path for my passives now.
No hurry. planning your build is a great help.

Are you sure those are chaos orbs and not chromatic?

On another note, I really hate the bartering system. Now when I post items on the forum I have to artificially inflate my prices since every time someone messages me in game for an item they are lowballing me. Then you have people I try to buy from and I offer them a chaos and they reply 2 chaos. I really don't want to do the song and dance back and forth every time I want to buy/sell an item.

Yes I have over 100 chaos orbs now. Are they chromos LOL. If you guys are on sometime I will link them to you. I am sitting on 8 GCP's and a Regal I picked up as well. I just can't seem to find better equipment. I saw a sweet shield last night that was a unique, but when you are on low life you slow down 40% or something like that. Plus the movement speed was already like 5% reduction.

You are officially much richer than myself - in terms of currency at least. Crafting binge, a few extravagant purhcases and I have like 10 alchs, 300 jewelers, 2 regals and a bunch of alterations, of which I burned 100 last night just making leveling gear for a character lol.

If anyone needs a 5L ES chest, I have two for sale, both req. lvl mid 50s - Looking for a little over an exalt, but i'm willing to deal.

As far as linking items, you would have to make a post on the forum, link the items in that thead and then link that thread to here.

Can you link to forums the two chest pieces you have?

This is my current one

I also linked a 5L bow, a ~300 dps 2H Mace and a bunch of uniques in case anyone is in the market (check last post in link above). These items are for sale, not gift ;)

Depending on the stats on yours I might be willing to trade (maybe throw something else in as well if a huge upgrade). My piece has 78% total resists so I don't think it is too bad to have to sell, I am running CI though so a higher ES might be better for me.

Edited by Jojo the circus boy

You holding on to alts? Do not sell your alts at the 20:1 ratio. You can easily get 60:4

Can you help with conversion rates we should look for on other stuff as well? Is it best to try to convert everything to Chaos?I currently have approximately:50 augs30 alts25 jeweller's orbs80 chromatics10 fusing20 chance65 armourers scrap80 whetstones

Does anyone have the vitality and determination gems? I would have bet you $20 I had them, but they are not there for some reason.

Can you help with conversion rates we should look for on other stuff as well? Is it best to try to convert everything to Chaos?I currently have approximately:50 augs30 alts25 jeweller's orbs80 chromatics10 fusing20 chance65 armourers scrap80 whetstones
This is a good start, not always accurate (prices can change)http://www.poeex.info/

What is considered high for ES gear? I got a helm with 275 ES (lvl 59 req,3L, +35 int, 30% fire, 18% rarity) and a chest 59 lvl req, 331 evasion, 230 ES, 14 dex, 3.8 life reg, 11 fire resist, 13 inc block/stun. Worth anything?

What is considered high for ES gear? I got a helm with 275 ES (lvl 59 req,3L, +35 int, 30% fire, 18% rarity) and a chest 59 lvl req, 331 evasion, 230 ES, 14 dex, 3.8 life reg, 11 fire resist, 13 inc block/stun. Worth anything?

Your helm is better than the one on my sc character, what are you looking for in terms of a trade? (see my post above if anything catches your eye).ES can get as high as 352 up to L59 (at least doing a quick search for what is for sale). And up to 424 beyond that.The 3L hurts it a little bit, 4L is more practical once you get into end game.

Does anyone have the vitality and determination gems? I would have bet you $20 I had them, but they are not there for some reason.

I have determination gem. It may be level 61ish.

I use this site and then up it from there according to what I see going on in chat. http://poecalc.com/ (default league)For instance the exalts always try to be bought at 5 gcp in trade chat but yet they are rarely sold. I use to advertise in chat that I would sell mine for 7 gcp and I would get blasted that they are only worth 5. Well now I send a message to the buyer (after they post a couple of times in chat) that I will sell mine for 7gcp. At first they scoff and then they offer 6. From there we negotiate.

Your helm is better than the one on my sc character, what are you looking for in terms of a trade? (see my post above if anything catches your eye).ES can get as high as 352 up to L59 (at least doing a quick search for what is for sale). And up to 424 beyond that.The 3L hurts it a little bit, 4L is more practical once you get into end game.
Make an offer, I am fine giving a pretty good deal.

i have a helm that is at 20% with 569 evasion and 404 armor. not sure if this is great or not. Edited by Buddy Ball 2K3

i have a helm that is at 20% with 569 evasion and 404 armor. not sure if this is great or not.
http://poe.xyz.is/

Make an offer, I am fine giving a pretty good deal.
Maybe after/if my HC character dies, been working getting HC currency. Not looking to spend SC currency right now, but like I said if there was something I linked you like and want to trade let me know and I'll think about it.

Your helm is better than the one on my sc character, what are you looking for in terms of a trade? (see my post above if anything catches your eye).

ES can get as high as 352 up to L59 (at least doing a quick search for what is for sale). And up to 424 beyond that.

The 3L hurts it a little bit, 4L is more practical once you get into end game.

i have a helm that is at 20% with 569 evasion and 404 armor. not sure if this is great or not.
Nothing comes up

ok, getting angry seeing all this currency you guys have :)

Obviously my farming technique is way off so I am going to try something different.

Have you guys ever gone "large" chest farming? I see that there is one in Dread Thicket and that is a pretty small area to repeat. Is there any way early in the area to tell if the large chest will spawn?

Your helm is better than the one on my sc character, what are you looking for in terms of a trade? (see my post above if anything catches your eye).

ES can get as high as 352 up to L59 (at least doing a quick search for what is for sale). And up to 424 beyond that.

Nothing comes up
nothing? It seems to have good stats if only 4 come up however. I was linking it so that you guys can stop asking if something is good or not - I gave you a tool to search to get your answer.

Nothing comes up
nothing? It seems to have good stats if only 4 come up however. I was linking it so that you guys can stop asking if something is good or not - I gave you a tool to search to get your answer.
How does this tell me if its good or not? Does it link towards the prices?

Nothing comes up
You put the stats in. You search. If few come up, guess what? It's good. If you get > 300, guess what? It's common.

Does anyone have a regal orb they would be interested in selling me? I have plenty of chances or chromes if you need them.

Nothing comes up
You put the stats in. You search. If few come up, guess what? It's good. If you get > 300, guess what? It's common.
ok then when i put in all the stats nothing comes up. guess its decent. thanks and quit making me feel like my old man is scolding me!

ok, getting angry seeing all this currency you guys have :)Obviously my farming technique is way off so I am going to try something different.Have you guys ever gone "large" chest farming? I see that there is one in Dread Thicket and that is a pretty small area to repeat. Is there any way early in the area to tell if the large chest will spawn?

I don't know what large chest farming is but def sounds like something I'd be into.

ok, getting angry seeing all this currency you guys have :)Obviously my farming technique is way off so I am going to try something different.Have you guys ever gone "large" chest farming? I see that there is one in Dread Thicket and that is a pretty small area to repeat. Is there any way early in the area to tell if the large chest will spawn?

I don't know what large chest farming is but def sounds like something I'd be into.
Here is a link to explain large chestshttp://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Large_Chest

I like farming the Dread Thicket. But there isn't any early way to tell if a chest will spawn that I know of, you have to kill the bosses to find out.

I like farming the Dread Thicket. But there isn't any early way to tell if a chest will spawn that I know of, you have to kill the bosses to find out.
do you suicide run to the bottom/end or do you kill everything in your path?

Interesting. Could you run to the chest area, drop a portal, then die, respawn and drop in and loot, I wonder?

On higher levels it's dangerous to suicide run, I kill everything.

On higher levels it's dangerous to suicide run, I kill everything.
Leap slam FTW :yes:

Does anyone have any suggestions on why my character is so vulnerable to projectiles, whether it be the spitters or archers? They go through me faster than a Big Mac.

I am near a Keystone called Arrow Dodging which is suppose to double my chance to evade projectiles but I am hesitant to get it because I have Iron Reflexes and am unsure if these two keystones can work together (Iron Reflexes converts all evasion to armor).

Does anyone have any suggestions on why my character is so vulnerable to projectiles, whether it be the spitters or archers? They go through me faster than a Big Mac. I am near a Keystone called Arrow Dodging which is suppose to double my chance to evade projectiles but I am hesitant to get it because I have Iron Reflexes and am unsure if these two keystones can work together (Iron Reflexes converts all evasion to armor).

I have the same problem, I always kill archers first unless there is something more dangerous nearby.Do not get arrow dodging if you are running Iron Reflexes.

Does anyone have any suggestions on why my character is so vulnerable to projectiles, whether it be the spitters or archers? They go through me faster than a Big Mac. I am near a Keystone called Arrow Dodging which is suppose to double my chance to evade projectiles but I am hesitant to get it because I have Iron Reflexes and am unsure if these two keystones can work together (Iron Reflexes converts all evasion to armor).

I have the same problem, I always kill archers first unless there is something more dangerous nearby.Do not get arrow dodging if you are running Iron Reflexes.
Ok thanks, that is what I figured.

You can start a thread in one of the forums on the POE web site and then link all your gear into that thread and then provide link here.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/282293
I think you left gems inside one of the boots. Edited by NewlyRetired

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/282293
How much for haste and vitality?