What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Path of Exile (free to play & now on Xbone) (1 Viewer)

So, I picked up the mind drinker talent, which gives 2% mana leech with physical damage. I'm using Ethereal Knives, which does physical damage, but the mana leech doesn't show up. Anyone know what gives?

Edit to add...is there a way to link here my stuff?
You can start a thread in one of the forums on the POE web site and then link all your gear into that thread and then provide link here.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/282293
Sweet armor. And how the hell do you get all those chaos orbs?
I didn't link all the chaos orbs. LOL I missed a stack or two.

You can start a thread in one of the forums on the POE web site and then link all your gear into that thread and then provide link here.
I hate you

I think you left gems inside one of the boots.
Yeah, they get moved in and out according to what boots I am using to farm or party. Like I said I would love boots that didn't have a penalty when on half life or lower. It is crappy to try and kite when you are running in quicksand.

So, I picked up the mind drinker talent, which gives 2% mana leech with physical damage. I'm using Ethereal Knives, which does physical damage, but the mana leech doesn't show up. Anyone know what gives?
not sure. I saw this in the wiki but I am just as confused. It seems to indicate that only gems that leech will work on the knives==========================

"Life/Mana Leech: Like all other spells, only the Life Leech and Mana Leech support gems will grant leech effects to Ethereal Knives. All other forms of leeching work only on physical damage from attacks."

Last edited by a moderator:
You should call them racks.

You should call them racks.
lolzwe need to get that started in th epoe community

How much for haste and vitality?
1 exalt each. SOLD for less
Woah, really? For non-quality? I'm pretty sure I have a few laying around, I get gems like you get Chaos orbs.

How much for haste and vitality?
1 exalt each. SOLD for less
Woah, really? For non-quality? I'm pretty sure I have a few laying around, I get gems like you get Chaos orbs.
No he was not serious. They are about an alch each on the free market. If you are lucky. I've tried selliing gems and found the best way is to look for people trying to buy in chat and jump on those.

dilemma. I have over 100 chaos orbs now from farming. I am trying to buy better gear, but I am not seeing it. Is it better to ask on the forum or chat it up online? I would ask for it by name what I want, but I don't know what the weapons names are or if they exist. I just want better stuff. I post my stuff in chat and people send me offers of lesser gear? WTF?
Are you sure those are chaos orbs and not chromatic?On another note, I really hate the bartering system. Now when I post items on the forum I have to artificially inflate my prices since every time someone messages me in game for an item they are lowballing me. Then you have people I try to buy from and I offer them a chaos and they reply 2 chaos. I really don't want to do the song and dance back and forth every time I want to buy/sell an item.
I was an active trader in this online game called guild wars, and I came to the conclusion that you are just bartering time, and the process of trading is like an extra fee -- try to keep the fee low.you don't have to haggle if you don't enjoy it, and if you don't enjoy what you're doing, what's the point?since it's all imaginary money I'd price stuff to move, just to expedite the process, and if some guy was jerking me around on something I'd just move on.eventually it got to the point where I really had nothing to spend this cash on.

Spent a fortune on a 14% Leech Mana gem and a significant upgrade of my quiver. Hope it was worth it. My character was close to being abandoned so I hope this helps.

I am about to take on Vaal to get to Act 3 on Cruel.

dilemma. I have over 100 chaos orbs now from farming. I am trying to buy better gear, but I am not seeing it. Is it better to ask on the forum or chat it up online? I would ask for it by name what I want, but I don't know what the weapons names are or if they exist. I just want better stuff. I post my stuff in chat and people send me offers of lesser gear? WTF?
Are you sure those are chaos orbs and not chromatic?On another note, I really hate the bartering system. Now when I post items on the forum I have to artificially inflate my prices since every time someone messages me in game for an item they are lowballing me. Then you have people I try to buy from and I offer them a chaos and they reply 2 chaos. I really don't want to do the song and dance back and forth every time I want to buy/sell an item.
I was an active trader in this online game called guild wars, and I came to the conclusion that you are just bartering time, and the process of trading is like an extra fee -- try to keep the fee low.you don't have to haggle if you don't enjoy it, and if you don't enjoy what you're doing, what's the point?since it's all imaginary money I'd price stuff to move, just to expedite the process, and if some guy was jerking me around on something I'd just move on.eventually it got to the point where I really had nothing to spend this cash on.
Oh god the guild wars economy was garbage.

Fuuuuuuuuu, the support gems were delayed a week... still on schedule to patch on this coming Wednesday however to introduce four new uniques.They divulged the specifics of the support gems though and I have to say, they make the current build im making obsolete and I'm butt-frustrated.

To help make the wait for the new support gems easier, here are details on what they do!-Strength Support Gem - Melee Splash: Adds an area of effect splash radius to a single target melee attack.-Strength/Dexterity Support Gem - Multistrike: Causes you to attack quickly three times with a melee attack. New targets are selected for subsequent attacks if available.-Intelligence Support Gem - Power Charge on Critical: Critical strikes with the supported skill have a chance of granting you a Power Charge.
Ffs, the power charge on crit gem completely ruins my wander at the moment, time to roll freeze pulse finally after shelving it the first week of open beta.

Fuuuuuuuuu, the support gems were delayed a week... still on schedule to patch on this coming Wednesday however to introduce four new uniques.They divulged the specifics of the support gems though and I have to say, they make the current build im making obsolete and I'm butt-frustrated.

To help make the wait for the new support gems easier, here are details on what they do!-Strength Support Gem - Melee Splash: Adds an area of effect splash radius to a single target melee attack.-Strength/Dexterity Support Gem - Multistrike: Causes you to attack quickly three times with a melee attack. New targets are selected for subsequent attacks if available.-Intelligence Support Gem - Power Charge on Critical: Critical strikes with the supported skill have a chance of granting you a Power Charge.
Ffs, the power charge on crit gem completely ruins my wander at the moment, time to roll freeze pulse finally after shelving it the first week of open beta.
I just started a frost char myself. you plan the build yet?

Adding splash to heavy strike would be massively op.

It's strength probably degrades the further out from initial target it goes.

The gems will completely change the current triangle of caster, range, melee.Imagine splash glacial hammer, or multistrike double strike.

I appreciate GGGs continued stance of not nerfing and instead buffing what is less effective.

I just started a frost char myself. you plan the build yet?
Yes and no, the way the Charge on Crit gem is worded they specifically said gives a "chance" to grant a power charge. So I'm not quite sure how many additional charges I will be going for on the tree. Also since I plan on never having a 6L I'm not building with Static Blows in mind, but if I landed one somehow I would include it.Freezing Pulse w/ Blood Magic, GMP, Life Leech, Charges on Crit (6L being added lightning damage or increased crit damage)

I'm thinking with 7 Power Charges I can get near 50% crit chance.

So I have two builds I'm looking at:

Lvl 80 Shadow More HP/Less Crit

Stats +220 to Strength +30 to Dexterity +260 to Intelligence Life 279% increased maximum Life 2.9% of Life Regenerated per Second +60 to maximum Life Mana +20 to maximum Mana Spell Damage 19% increased Spell Damage 2% increased Spell Damage per Power Charge Cold Damage 20% increased Cold Damage 5% Chance to Freeze enemies on hit with Cold Damage Resistance +16% to Chaos Resistance +25% to all Elemental Resistances +5% to maximum Fire Resistance +5% to maximum Cold Resistance +5% to maximum Lightning Resistance Cast Speed 9% increased Cast Speed Power Charge +3 Maximum Power Charge 15% increased Power Charge Duration Armour 44% increased Armour Energy Shield 44% increased maximum Energy Shield Critical Strike 130% increased Critical Strike Chance 40% increased Critical Strike Multiplier for Spells 20% increased Critical Strike Multiplier 60% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells You take 30% reduced Extra Damage from Critical StrikesandLvl 82 Shadow More Crit/Less HP

Code:
        Stats        +220 to Strength        +30 to Dexterity        +250 to Intelligence        Life        226% increased maximum Life        2.5% of Life Regenerated per Second        +60 to maximum Life        Mana        +20 to maximum Mana        Spell Damage        19% increased Spell Damage        2% increased Spell Damage per Power Charge        Cold Damage        20% increased Cold Damage        5% Chance to Freeze enemies on hit with Cold Damage        Resistance        +16% to Chaos Resistance        +25% to all Elemental Resistances        +5% to maximum Fire Resistance        +5% to maximum Cold Resistance        +5% to maximum Lightning Resistance        Cast Speed        9% increased Cast Speed        Power Charge        +3 Maximum Power Charge        15% increased Power Charge Duration        Armour        44% increased Armour        Energy Shield        44% increased maximum Energy Shield        Critical Strike        190% increased Critical Strike Chance        70% increased Critical Strike Multiplier for Spells        90% increased Critical Strike Multiplier        115% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells        You take 30% reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes        Movement        4% increased Movement Speed

Selling two 5 linked ES chests, lvl 53 (ilvl 68) and lvl 59 (ilvl 67)

Looking to get ~5 gcp each, but since they need rolled I would be willing to ~4 gcp

I have never played hardcore yet. I may try after I try a second character some day.

Is your stash in HC linked to your stash in default mode?

I have never played hardcore yet. I may try after I try a second character some day.Is your stash in HC linked to your stash in default mode?
nope, completely empty if you never played a HC character, you have access to all of your microtransaction purchases though.
ok cool.So if you play hardcore and want to bring some equipment/items to default mode from hard core, you need to let your character die? And then you can transfer to your default stash?

I have never played hardcore yet. I may try after I try a second character some day.Is your stash in HC linked to your stash in default mode?
nope, completely empty if you never played a HC character, you have access to all of your microtransaction purchases though.
ok cool.So if you play hardcore and want to bring some equipment/items to default mode from hard core, you need to let your character die? And then you can transfer to your default stash?
Yep. It's what I do with my race chars.

Or just create a hc character specifically to bring stuff and kill him off quickly.

picked up a unique robe today spider silk something or another, I was thinking "GREAT ANOTHER CRAPPY UNIQUE". Anyway I would have sold it for a chaos or two online game chat, but no one offered. So for whatever reason I put it on the POE forum. Within 5 minutes I sold it for 2 exalt! WTF!

picked up a unique robe today spider silk something or another, I was thinking "GREAT ANOTHER CRAPPY UNIQUE". Anyway I would have sold it for a chaos or two online game chat, but no one offered. So for whatever reason I put it on the POE forum. Within 5 minutes I sold it for 2 exalt! WTF!
The Covenant I'm assuming.2 Exalted is a great price, I've never seen go for more than 1.The reason its valued so highly is that it provides blood magic without the mana cost multiplier, allowing you to throw on the non-percentage auras on your life for like -500 health and then replace your chest with whatever armor you were using and then you can use the percentage auras all on your mana.You can run almost all of the auras using this method.
Spells aren't attacks. Spells can only leech mana with the mana leech gem.

Not an attack? I do around 800 dps with it at level 48, but ok.
Sorry what I meant is, attacks are separate from spells.When you look at a skill gem say for this example we use Freezing Pulse. Freezing Pulse is a Cold-Projectile-Spell, its damage is effected by anything that affects Cold damage, Spell damage or Projectiles. But if we were to look at Lightning Arrow, it is a Lightning-Attack-AoE-Bow skill.

Attacks are typically melee or bow skills and are separate from spells, because spells are designed to be separate from weapons, whereas attacks almost always use or convert damage from weapons.

When you read passive nodes, for example Mind Drinker you have to pay close attention to the wording, it specifically states it will leech 2% of Physical damage attacks as mana, so if you were doing 10k elemental damage and 100 physical damage every attack, you would only leech the 2% of the 100 physical damage, however if you were using the mana leech gem its a percentage of all non-dot damage.

Will Man Leech also leech back during DOT or is it just the initial damage it leeches?
DoTs are classified as non-player damage in every instance, this includes viper strike charges, poison arrow clouds, burn status effects and other similar stuff. You will not leech from them and your item rarity/quantity will not apply to the kills of those monsters.

Sorry what I meant is, attacks are separate from spells.When you look at a skill gem say for this example we use Freezing Pulse. Freezing Pulse is a Cold-Projectile-Spell, its damage is effected by anything that affects Cold damage, Spell damage or Projectiles. But if we were to look at Lightning Arrow, it is a Lightning-Attack-AoE-Bow skill.

Attacks are typically melee or bow skills and are separate from spells, because spells are designed to be separate from weapons, whereas attacks almost always use or convert damage from weapons.

When you read passive nodes, for example Mind Drinker you have to pay close attention to the wording, it specifically states it will leech 2% of Physical damage attacks as mana, so if you were doing 10k elemental damage and 100 physical damage every attack, you would only leech the 2% of the 100 physical damage, however if you were using the mana leech gem its a percentage of all non-dot damage.

Will Man Leech also leech back during DOT or is it just the initial damage it leeches?
DoTs are classified as non-player damage in every instance, this includes viper strike charges, poison arrow clouds, burn status effects and other similar stuff. You will not leech from them and your item rarity/quantity will not apply to the kills of those monsters.
Yeah, I'm just confused because the wiki page specifically says EK does Physical Attack Damage. And the keystone says it too.

fyi if you want to run a bunch of auras and have two pieces of 4L gear, just cast all auras from 1 4L w/ reduced mana, and then move reduced mana to other 4L gear and then cast those auras. (if you don't have two red. mana gems)

fyi if you want to run a bunch of auras and have two pieces of 4L gear, just cast all auras from 1 4L w/ reduced mana, and then move reduced mana to other 4L gear and then cast those auras. (if you don't have two red. mana gems)
SO you are saying you can run it, and remove the gem without losing the mana lost? Glitch?

SO you are saying you can run it, and remove the gem without losing the mana lost? Glitch?
yep your reserved mana does not change nor does the amount you have available, just confirmed

THAT'S A PRO TIP, DUDE.#######capsoff

thx to the guy with the fellshrine tip.

I just went through vaal ruins and had wis scrolls out the ### -- I don't know if that's common knowledge, or my imagination.

do different areas have different drops?

Yeah, I'm just confused because the wiki page specifically says EK does Physical Attack Damage. And the keystone says it too.
The skill deals physical damage, but it is a spell skill. To break it down completely, it is a projectile spell that does physical damage. Meaning, it is a spell so it is affected by increased spell damage. It is a projectile, so each of the 9 projectiles are affected by increased projectile damage and speed - increased projectile speed increases the distance a projectile will travel and the rate at which it travels there. It deals non-melee, non-attack physical damage, meaning it is affected by increased physical damage mods, but not increased melee physical or effects that only apply to physical damage attacks (%Physical attack damage leeched back as life/mana).

Ethereal Knives Skill Breakdown

Life Leech Comparison

SO just for fun I put on the chat trade online 19 chaos for 1 exalt. I got like 4 offers. I told them I already sold it to keep them off me. What gives? It says it should be 15 to 1 chaos, but people are willing to give 4 plus chaos for 1. What don't I understand.

SO just for fun I put on the chat trade online 19 chaos for 1 exalt. I got like 4 offers. I told them I already sold it to keep them off me. What gives? It says it should be 15 to 1 chaos, but people are willing to give 4 plus chaos for 1. What don't I understand.
Economy might finally be feeling the impact of the multiboxers who farmed chaos nonstop for weeks at about 75 chaos an hour.Expect chaos to be worth less and less for a few weeks before they get used up.A lot of big shakers have been trying to funnel currency out of chaos into exalteds, but I havent seen anyone pay a whole GCP or more over market. I've been seeing people buying exalteds for 16 Chaos and people selling exalteds for 17 chaos all day.

Economy might finally be feeling the impact of the multiboxers who farmed chaos nonstop for weeks at about 75 chaos an hour.Expect chaos to be worth less and less for a few weeks before they get used up.A lot of big shakers have been trying to funnel currency out of chaos into exalteds, but I havent seen anyone pay a whole GCP or more over market. I've been seeing people buying exalteds for 16 Chaos and people selling exalteds for 17 chaos all day.
Explain this to me? What is a mulitboxer? How do they farm 75 chaos hour? I thought I was doing good.

Explain this to me? What is a mulitboxer? How do they farm 75 chaos hour? I thought I was doing good.
Multiboxing is simply the act of controlling multiple accounts simultaneously. Multiboxers are responsible for two major changes in the past two patches, the first being the change to the chaos recipe, which is where all multiboxers were making their money.It was simple:-Have 400%+ Item rarity-Have 5 dummy accounts-Go to cruel Caverns of Anger, drop a TP at the entrance to Cavern of Wrath, have one of your dummies come through and drop a tp-Run through Caverns of Wrath to Merveil, when you get to Merveil drop a tp and send all your dummies through the tp for the party quantity bonus-Kill Merveil, collect all the rares-Send the dummies back to town, go through the dummies tp to the entrance to Caverns of Wrath-Reset Caverns of Wrath and Merveil-Repeat, sell a full set of unided rares for 2 chaosIts now based off item level, below ilvl 60 will get you 1 chance for a full set of identified rares, 2 chances for unidentified. For ilvl 60+ it will give you a chaos for ided set and 2 chaos for unided.The second change was obviously the proximity item quantity party bonus.

here are some pro tips

ok, I don't know if they're pro or n00b, but I just got clued in to the z key and tab a couple days ago, so they're pro to me.

When you vendor 5 of the same item type, you will receive a new rerolled unidentified item of the same type. The items must be magic or rare quality. The example below shows 5 imbued wands being vendored for a new rerolled unidentified imbued wand
Due to a recent patch, the set must now be ilvl 60+ to receive chaos orbs.

When you vendor a full set of rare gear, you will receive 1 chaos orb. If the set is unidentified you will receive 2 chaos orbs. A full set consists of a helmet, gloves, boots, chest, belt, 2 rings, and amulet. You will also need a 2 handed weapon, or a 1 handed weapon and a shield.
nevermindguess they were n00b tips

anyway, I was just checking that site for prices

Users who are viewing this thread