What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Path of Exile (free to play & now on Xbone) (3 Viewers)

OK, once more - explain the maps to me. I have 2 now, both level 66. What level should I realistically attempt them? Do I chance them first? What stats are desirable to get? Do you keep using alts until you get the mods you want? How long do they take typically to solo?
On 66s you should be able to do them as long as you can do docks.Also on 66s, I would just do map mods that don't adversely affect you. Two schools of thought when rolling maps, get as much %quantity on a map, or get good mods and as much %quantity on top of those good mods.The positive map mods do not add quantity, so its a balancing act, since I run maps solo or duo quantity is less important to me, so I run the best mods I can get with a limited amount of rolls.For indoor maps I try to get Maze and % Monster Pack Size, for outdoor maps I try to get % Large Area Size and % Monster Pack Size. Other mods that are good %increased number of rare monster, %increased number of magic monsters, players cursed with warlords mark, patches of burning ground, 20% reflect whatever damage type you dont use.Area inhabited by skeletons or sea witches are also good neutral map mods, however area inhabited by undead is AWFUL, I refused to run maps with the undead mod - literally all mobs are undead and EVERY rare is a rare necromancer...

I don't think I'll ever use another Divine ever again...this has to be a bug right?This is an iLevel 78 Thicket Bow:http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/4888/reallyo.pngapparently Divine only randomizes the numbers within the same "tier" and cannot jump tiers
That's why you only use them when the rolls are already in high tiers and you want to max them. That bow wasn't very good to start.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, once more - explain the maps to me. I have 2 now, both level 66. What level should I realistically attempt them? Do I chance them first? What stats are desirable to get? Do you keep using alts until you get the mods you want? How long do they take typically to solo?
On 66s you should be able to do them as long as you can do docks.Also on 66s, I would just do map mods that don't adversely affect you. Two schools of thought when rolling maps, get as much %quantity on a map, or get good mods and as much %quantity on top of those good mods.The positive map mods do not add quantity, so its a balancing act, since I run maps solo or duo quantity is less important to me, so I run the best mods I can get with a limited amount of rolls.For indoor maps I try to get Maze and % Monster Pack Size, for outdoor maps I try to get % Large Area Size and % Monster Pack Size. Other mods that are good %increased number of rare monster, %increased number of magic monsters, players cursed with warlords mark, patches of burning ground, 20% reflect whatever damage type you dont use.Area inhabited by skeletons or sea witches are also good neutral map mods, however area inhabited by undead is AWFUL, I refused to run maps with the undead mod - literally all mobs are undead and EVERY rare is a rare necromancer...
See, I love zombies. They are easy fodder for leap slam. I would think with skeletons, it would be harder since they have archers. Interesting.

Wow, what a difference. I ground myself up to level 56 to get my bow upgrade.

My dps is almost double for every attack/skill. My main attack DPS went from 500 to a hair under 1000.

This combined with my new 14% Mana Leech gem and I feel like the character has some miles yet to go. On to act 3 of Cruel.

Will be alternating life and resistance nodes for the next 4 passive points I get.

Has anyone been able to patch or connect? It is still saying patch server unable to connect and no login when it goes to that page.

Has anyone been able to patch or connect? It is still saying patch server unable to connect and no login when it goes to that page.
The America server seems to be getting crushed today, I have about a 30 second delay when I login and my client takes about as long to check for updates.Also thanks for the waypoint, I'm incredibly lazy :bag:

The America server seems to be getting crushed today, I have about a 30 second delay when I login and my client takes about as long to check for updates.Also thanks for the waypoint, I'm incredibly lazy :bag:
Anytime, sorry it took a while. I am usually AFK and working, only occasionally glancing over, so it worked out.

I was playing in the middle of the night, last night, and I kept getting dumped.I had to run the same level of some unholy church probably 3 or 4x -- it got pretty annoying.luckily, I'm way outleveled for that map.that's kind of a downside to this game -- I outlevel a lot of maps (normal act 2)

Pretty decent day of progression, lvl 60 on my Cold/Crit, still using Volls Protector so I only have 1k armor. Need a 5L Astral Plate and a Divinarius. Ugh im poor.

I am upset that you can't use the exploit anymore. Well just upset that I didn't use it. People where getting tons on chaos per hour.

I am upset that you can't use the exploit anymore. Well just upset that I didn't use it. People where getting tons on chaos per hour.
I didn't do it even with knowledge of it, incredibly broke in need of gears lol. Had to mark down my 5L ES chests I was selling by like 50% because the inflation exploded...

I didn't do it even with knowledge of it, incredibly broke in need of gears lol. Had to mark down my 5L ES chests I was selling by like 50% because the inflation exploded...
Is that the Mereveil exploit you talked about?
Its the one im talking about at least, wouldn't really call it an exploit - the only reason I didn't do it is my GPU wants to burst in to flames, didn't wanna give my RAM or CPU a reason to do the same.

Just had culling strike drop - isn't that one of the most desired? I have not even looked at it.

Someone have me a free invite to one of those multibox sites. But I am to stupid to figure it out. Plus you only get chance orbs now.

Just had culling strike drop - isn't that one of the most desired? I have not even looked at it.
It's a quest reward and I think it is a situational gem. It is most often used on a secondary weapon set in a 4L w/ an "attack" gem, IIR and IIQ.At least on HC reduced mana is still one of the most sought after gems that goes for 2 chaos on average. Faster casting and Faster attacks are also pretty valuable imo.This is ignoring things like GMP and Chain etc...which are still worth more, I was talking about quest reward gems.

It's a quest reward and I think it is a situational gem. It is most often used on a secondary weapon set in a 4L w/ an "attack" gem, IIR and IIQ.At least on HC reduced mana is still one of the most sought after gems that goes for 2 chaos on average. Faster casting and Faster attacks are also pretty valuable imo.This is ignoring things like GMP and Chain etc...which are still worth more, I was talking about quest reward gems.
Dang, I am still trying to sell faster casting AND faster attack - not much biting.

Dang, I am still trying to sell faster casting AND faster attack - not much biting.
You could try to get creative and ask for trades in chat for reduced mana for either of those, might get some bites. I was able to sell 1 of my quest rewards for reduced mana (they chose faster attacks).

'Mad Cow said:
'Run It Up said:
'SHIZNITTTT said:
Is that the Mereveil exploit you talked about?
What was it?

Anyone available to jump online and help with the final Piety (Act III) in Cruel? I'm at the portal, afraid to step through /shudder

Does anyone know if the game has a set amount of gems and orbs? Or Does The game just keep putting them out?
I think they are just random drops. Each time you kill a guy or open a chest, they run a calculation based on your level and the level of the area you are in to see what drops.

Anyone have an idea how far this is outside my price range? Guy won't respond to price request.

Grim Shelter Destiny Leather 6L (3g3r)

Quality 20%

Evasion 863

+16 Dex

+291 Evasion

+92 Max Life

34% fire resistance

21% cold resistance

Reflects 44 physical damage

Anyone have an idea how far this is outside my price range? Guy won't respond to price request.Grim Shelter Destiny Leather 6L (3g3r)Quality 20%Evasion 863+16 Dex+291 Evasion+92 Max Life34% fire resistance21% cold resistanceReflects 44 physical damage
goodness. That has to be multiple exalts I would think. I am not good a this pricing but the Evasion is good, it is a 6L and has good life and good resistance.I hate when they won't respond. Is it that hard to say "sorry I am looking for at least X?" Probably just means the person selling does not really know what it is worth either.

What's c/o stand for in the trade chat?
I think it means Current Offer and b/o means Best Offer but I am not sure as I don't quite get the difference (to me by definition your current offer is your best offer, unless best offer is meant to mean the price you will automatically sell at like a Buy It Now on Ebay.).

Anyone have an idea how far this is outside my price range? Guy won't respond to price request.Grim Shelter Destiny Leather 6L (3g3r)Quality 20%Evasion 863+16 Dex+291 Evasion+92 Max Life34% fire resistance21% cold resistanceReflects 44 physical damage
goodness. That has to be multiple exalts I would think. I am not good a this pricing but the Evasion is good, it is a 6L and has good life and good resistance.I hate when they won't respond. Is it that hard to say "sorry I am looking for at least X?" Probably just means the person selling does not really know what it is worth either.
Ok, so when the guy didn't respond directly, he did re-list w/ c/o something or other, but I don't think it was currency. So he must have been indicating he was taking offers.So, I found a 6S Bone Bow. Spend 13 fusings trying to get a 5L or 6L. If I had more, I probably would have used more, but I think I'm better off trying to sell. Anyone have an idea what I should sell it for?Also, I found a leap slam gem. Is that valuable?

Ok, so when the guy didn't respond directly, he did re-list w/ c/o something or other, but I don't think it was currency. So he must have been indicating he was taking offers.So, I found a 6S Bone Bow. Spend 13 fusings trying to get a 5L or 6L. If I had more, I probably would have used more, but I think I'm better off trying to sell. Anyone have an idea what I should sell it for?Also, I found a leap slam gem. Is that valuable?
What itemlevel is the bow? If it's not high, I would just vendor it for jewelers orbs. Leap slam is a quest reward, so it's worth something between an alch and a chaos. Probably closer to an alch, if you're lucky. I think I have 4 of them, 2 quality, they aren't uncommon.

What itemlevel is the bow? If it's not high, I would just vendor it for jewelers orbs. Leap slam is a quest reward, so it's worth something between an alch and a chaos. Probably closer to an alch, if you're lucky. I think I have 4 of them, 2 quality, they aren't uncommon.
Oops, I forgot to mention it's 10% quality leap slam. That changes things, right?The bow is level 50. I'll vendor it.

So I have 2 items I am curious about. I have 2 4L pieces of headgear. The iLevel for each is 59. However, their required level is much lower. 26 for one, 38 for the other. You would think they would be very desirable because they would be god-like for leveling, and yet I cannot get anyone to get interested. Thoughts here?

Link to the thread I started to sell them

Explain "God Like"

Also, what is the most pre fixes and suffixes an item can have? 7?

I have seen a lot of 6 item rares but today I got a robe with 7 and no bites on trading chat. I vendor it for next to nothing.

Explain "God Like"Also, what is the most pre fixes and suffixes an item can have? 7?I have seen a lot of 6 item rares but today I got a robe with 7 and no bites on trading chat. I vendor it for next to nothing.
God-like meaning it could be alchemy'd and have amazing stats for a level 26, aside from being a 4L. You would have a fantastic helm for at least 30-40 levels.

Explain "God Like"Also, what is the most pre fixes and suffixes an item can have? 7?I have seen a lot of 6 item rares but today I got a robe with 7 and no bites on trading chat. I vendor it for next to nothing.
I think 7 is the max, one inherent property and 6 available on rare equipment.

God-like meaning it could be alchemy'd and have amazing stats for a level 26, aside from being a 4L. You would have a fantastic helm for at least 30-40 levels.
Except that making it rare can actually increase it's required level.

In doing some trading and killing today with rapid road runs in Fellshrine, I have increased my stock of GCPs to 4 and chaos to 15. Have a ton of alts to sell, as well as jewelers. I just need to get to 70, then will start running maps and see if I cannot upgrade some of my gear.

What's c/o stand for in the trade chat?
c/o = current offer (or minimum selling price, depending on what type of scumbag you are dealing with)b/o = buy-out (buy it now)bin = buy it now (buy-out)Also 6Ls are kind of a sellers market, the prices fluctuate outrageously.

Users who are viewing this thread