What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Path of Exile (free to play & now on Xbone) (2 Viewers)

patch notes...??

Posted by JJAbrahamon June 2, 2013 9:22 AM

Banned

"
Nice catch, looks legit, not the complete notes but will probably be pretty close.

Crystal Skin, Elemental Adaptation, Inner Force and Static Blows all nerfed.

Ethereal Knives and Freezing Pulse both nerfed.

Everything else buffed - Looks great. Can't wait to reroll in Anarchy not sure what as yet, was considering EK with the Phys damage buff, looking iffy now.

haha...I haven't even got a guy to merc, yet -- tops is ~45.

I keep wanting to make new char, and now I have to start a guy in anarchy.

just scored facebreakers off normal merveil, and was wanting to make a guy for them, so maybe that's the one.

haha...I haven't even got a guy to merc, yet -- tops is ~45.

I keep wanting to make new char, and now I have to start a guy in anarchy.

just scored facebreakers off normal merveil, and was wanting to make a guy for them, so maybe that's the one.
If you wanna play in anarchy the patch will be live for a couple of days before the new leagues start if you wanted to try out your build you wouldn't have to wait.

Was partying doing M2M with my map. Unique map drops to a guy, he doesn't even blink hits me up in trade and hands it over not even identified. I was like WOW, that is some cool ####. Had to be hard turning it over I would think. Mountain Ledge Map.

Was partying doing M2M with my map. Unique map drops to a guy, he doesn't even blink hits me up in trade and hands it over not even identified. I was like WOW, that is some cool ####. Had to be hard turning it over I would think. Mountain Ledge Map.
Don't wanna cut you down, but those maps are awful, like all of them lol.I had 3 different unique maps drop for me in the span of two days and spent 3 weeks trying to sell them with no luck (got down to like 3 gcp ea), finally ran all 3 in a row and got literally nothing but a bunch of 66 maps.

Don't wanna cut you down, but those maps are awful, like all of them lol.I had 3 different unique maps drop for me in the span of two days and spent 3 weeks trying to sell them with no luck (got down to like 3 gcp ea), finally ran all 3 in a row and got literally nothing but a bunch of 66 maps.
Thanks, my point wasn't about the map, but rather that someone actually turned over the unique map.

why do people refer to life as HP? also, what am I missing with these chests and armor when people are wanting HP points when my character is over 3500 life? what is 98HP going to do for me?

why do people refer to life as HP? also, what am I missing with these chests and armor when people are wanting HP points when my character is over 3500 life? what is 98HP going to do for me?
I think HP stands for the old school terminology of Hit Points. 3500 of life is pretty good depending on your level and type of character. Other character types have a harder time building life, so getting as much life as possible on gear is important. Note that this may all change in 0.11 where the developers seem to not want life to be so important any more.

HP = Hit points. It's a common term in gaming. If you have over 3500 life, you've probably taken a lot of life nodes, which increase your base life by percentages. So 98 won't be 98, it will be a lot more.

HP = Hit points. It's a common term in gaming. If you have over 3500 life, you've probably taken a lot of life nodes, which increase your base life by percentages. So 98 won't be 98, it will be a lot more.
This, the super majority of your life comes from 'Base Life Points'. You start out with 50 base life and gain +6 life every level (524 base life at lvl 80 with no mods) and also receive +5 base life per 10 strength.Any life on gear is added to your base life. So you can see how literally any amount of life is a huge addition when compared to 500 some odd life.Well once you have your modified base life it is then multiplied by your health nodes, so the higher your base health, the more effective your health nodes are.For example:

Lvl 76 Base life: 500200 Str Bonus: 100Life on gear (avg 50 per piece): 350 (very easy to obtain, you should be shooting for over 500)---Modified Life: 950%increased maximum life: 200%Total effective life: ((950) * 2) + 950 = 2850 Lvl 76 Base life: 500200 Str Bonus: 100Life on gear (avg 75 per piece): 525 ---Modified Life: 1125%increased maximum life: 200%Total effective life: ((1125) * 2 + 1125) = 3375Lvl 76 Base life: 500200 Str Bonus: 100Life on gear (avg 75 per piece): 525 ---Modified Life: 1125%increased maximum life: 225%Total effective life: ((1125) * 2.25 + 1125) = 3656Lvl 76 Base life: 500200 Str Bonus: 100Life on gear (avg 75 per piece + Kaoms): 1450---Modified Life: 2050%increased maximum life: 225%Total effective life: ((2050) * 2.25 + 2050) = 6662
Also in regards to the vernacular, people use hp because its a common two letter abbreviation for life - laziness.

I think with the new patch HP "life" will not be such a high concern.

Also, anyone else going to use their "reset" to make a new character out of an old one? I am thinking of it. I have 3 characters over level 70. Would be fun to try something new

SHIZNITTTT said:

Also, anyone else going to use their "reset" to make a new character out of an old one? I am thinking of it. I have 3 characters over level 70. Would be fun to try something new
Absolutely. Gonna test a few builds with existing characters before trying them in Anarchy.

SHIZNITTTT said:

I just make new char from the ground up -- they level pretty quick, and to me early game is part of the challenge.

I just get them a few convenience items like +move boots, and stuff like that, and let them fend for themselves.

jumping right to the 70 grinding seems to suck some of the fun out of it for me.

I'm mostly a little concerned that I won't have a copy of the old tree for a reference when they change stuff around, although I guess that's not a huge deal.

also, my guys are all fairly low level, anyway, so they're still works in progress.

as for the hit points -- it's all incremental.

the 98 gets multiplied out by all your nodes, and unless you got kaom's, if you had the attitude of 'what do I need this 98 for?', you'd never get to 3500 in the first place, which doesn't sound like a lot, btw, not that I would have any firsthand experience at that level.

they all add up.

I could just as easily say, 'what do I need that +20% res for?', 'what do I need that bit of extra armor for?', etc.

usually you aren't going to be draped in superitems.

I'm mostly a little concerned that I won't have a copy of the old tree for a reference when they change stuff around, although I guess that's not a huge deal.

also, my guys are all fairly low level, anyway, so they're still works in progress.
To my knowledge, there is no actual change to the layout of the passive tree they are simply reducing the values of life, energy shield, elemental adaptation, inner force and static blows nodes and increasing the values of all the physical damage nodes.

I'm mostly a little concerned that I won't have a copy of the old tree for a reference when they change stuff around, although I guess that's not a huge deal.also, my guys are all fairly low level, anyway, so they're still works in progress.
To my knowledge, there is no actual change to the layout of the passive tree they are simply reducing the values of life, energy shield, elemental adaptation, inner force and static blows nodes and increasing the values of all the physical damage nodes.
They are also renaming notables such that no two notables will have the same name any more.

These are cool. I was hoping these would make it in and they have

*The Orb of Fusing and Jeweller's Orb now consume all the quality on an item to increase the chances of rolling more sockets/links.

*Once you're right clicked on a currency item, you can now shift-left click on an item repeatedly to apply that type of currency item multiple times. If you're applying a currency item that increases quality then shift-left clicking will increase the quality to the point where the next usage would not give you full value.

*The "/remaining" command will now tell you how many monsters remain to kill in the current area. This is useful for some of the new challenges.

These are cool. I was hoping these would make it in and they have*The "/remaining" command will now tell you how many monsters remain to kill in the current area. This is useful for some of the new challenges.
Yeah I was surprised by this one, I've always wanted a feature like this in maps its really annoying to have to worry about missing burrowed mobs or ambushers. I don't wanna walk the entire layout of the map just to make sure I'm not missing loot.

I am wondering if I should change up my character/s? I may try out a new build on one of them, but I need to find a build guide. I am not about to try it on my own LOL

I am wondering if I should change up my character/s? I may try out a new build on one of them, but I need to find a build guide. I am not about to try it on my own LOL
I am in act 3 of merciless with my second character so I am just going to continue on and see what happens. The fire witch I am running should not be too affected by the changes. My next character is going to be a ground slam/heavy strike maurader and I might need to rethink that once the ios app is updated to bring in all of the changed nodes.

OOPSIE people already complain that dexterity is changing for their characters. :lol: People with level 20 gems not having enough dex to use them OUCH

If you spend a passive point you lose your total respec.Also new item info:Agate Amulet 16-24 Str and IntCitrine Amulet 16-24 Str and Dex

Turqoise Amulet 16-24 Dex and Int

Diamond Ring 20-30 Crit Chance

Moonstone Ring 15-25 Base Energy Shield

Amethyst Ring 9-13% Chaos Resistance

I am in act 3 of merciless with my second character so I am just going to continue on and see what happens. The fire witch I am running should not be too affected by the changes.My next character is going to be a ground slam/heavy strike maurader and I might need to rethink that once the ios app is updated to bring in all of the changed nodes.
note the +30 int savant node changed to +20 ele dam.

outside of that, I think witches just got the 2% life/es shave as everybody else to worry about.

although, up by MI there's a life cluster which used to be 8/8/18 I think, so the final 18% node was worth basically 2 nodes.

changing it to 6/6/16 makes that final node closer to 3 standard nodes in efficiency, if you're up that way.

also, I think the dex nerf comes from that +30 dex node in the shadow sector that got shaved down to 20.

just have to gear up a little different, or use respec to add dex -- I'll probably have the same issues on at least one guy.

If you spend a passive point you lose your total respec.Also new item info:Agate Amulet 16-24 Str and IntCitrine Amulet 16-24 Str and DexTurqoise Amulet 16-24 Dex and Int Diamond Ring 20-30 Crit ChanceMoonstone Ring 15-25 Base Energy ShieldAmethyst Ring 9-13% Chaos Resistance
Do you know which of these is available in the various leagues?

If you spend a passive point you lose your total respec.Also new item info:Agate Amulet 16-24 Str and IntCitrine Amulet 16-24 Str and DexTurqoise Amulet 16-24 Dex and Int Diamond Ring 20-30 Crit ChanceMoonstone Ring 15-25 Base Energy ShieldAmethyst Ring 9-13% Chaos Resistance
Do you know which of these is available in the various leagues?
They are all available in both new leagues.Ran a few 69 maps, I got like 3 69 map drops each, I think they buffed the map drop rate.Mobs hit for much much less and are a little squishier.Think I'm gonna run either Rain of Arrows or Lightning Arrow Duelist

Well, I'm leaning Chaos Inoculation physical Templar.

Build

156% Increased ES

Chaos Inoculation

Zealot's Oath

Ghost Reaver

Unwavering Stance

7 Max Frenzy Charge

60% increased weapon elemental dmg

136% increased phys dmg

140% increased crit chance

30% increased crit multiplier

54% increased accuracy rating

19% increased attack speed

Planning on using Glacial Hammer with ele prolif for single target and either Sweep or Ground Slam for aoe.

Build

156% Increased ES

Chaos Inoculation

Zealot's Oath

Ghost Reaver

Unwavering Stance

7 Max Frenzy Charge

136% increased phys dmg

Planning on using Glacial Hammer with ele prolif for single target and either Sweep or Ground Slam for aoe.
Are the build tools that calculate all the stats of your tree already updated or did you hand calculate?

Build

156% Increased ES

Chaos Inoculation

Zealot's Oath

Ghost Reaver

Unwavering Stance

7 Max Frenzy Charge

136% increased phys dmg

Are the build tools that calculate all the stats of your tree already updated or did you hand calculate?
If you're talking about the offline skill planner to update it all you do is delete the data folder, it will delete your saved builds but it will update to the new skill tree.

Also reconsidering this build, tried it out with a character I respecced, was incredibly gear dependent.

Guess im back to Duelist Rain of Arrows

Build

156% Increased ES

Chaos Inoculation

Zealot's Oath

Ghost Reaver

Unwavering Stance

7 Max Frenzy Charge

136% increased phys dmg

If you're talking about the offline skill planner to update it all you do is delete the data folder, it will delete your saved builds but it will update to the new skill tree.Also reconsidering this build, tried it out with a character I respecced, was incredibly gear dependent.

Was referring to this online toolhttp://www.exilepro.com/build-summary

Build

156% Increased ES

Chaos Inoculation

Zealot's Oath

Ghost Reaver

Unwavering Stance

7 Max Frenzy Charge

136% increased phys dmg

If you're talking about the offline skill planner to update it all you do is delete the data folder, it will delete your saved builds but it will update to the new skill tree.Also reconsidering this build, tried it out with a character I respecced, was incredibly gear dependent.

Was referring to this online toolhttp://www.exilepro.com/build-summary
Aw, no I was using the offline skill planner. Exile Pro's build summary hasn't been update yet.

0.11.0b is out already

Version 0.11.0b (Current Version)Increased Melee Splash radius by 17%.Fixed a bug where Projectile Speed bonuses did not apply to Spark when used with a Spell Totem.Fixed a client crash related to mini life bars.Fixed a bug introduced in 0.11.0 where Passive Skill Refund Points would not be saved when changing areas.Fixed a realm crash introduced in 0.11.0.

well, I reworked my first char, who is a fire witch with minor in summons -- probably lost 5-10% hp from the nerf, but gained ~+50% fire dam and +8% chaos res from the respec, plus better positioning for future points.

don't think my other chars will need much respec -- maybe 2 or 3 points.

duelist uses melee splash, so that's pretty sweet, and I just read that heavy strike confers its bonus to a life on hit support?

I didn't know that, but I'll take it.

well, I reworked my first char, who is a fire witch with minor in summons -- probably lost 5-10% hp from the nerf, but gained ~+50% fire dam and +8% chaos res from the respec, plus better positioning for future points.

duelist uses melee splash, so that's pretty sweet, and I just read that heavy strike confers its bonus to a life on hit support?

which nodes changed to increase the fire damage?

For Heavy Strike, is that something new? I was intending on pairing Life Leech as a support to Heavy Strike. Would LGOH be better now?

haha...I just had life leech on it and swapped for loh.

put the life leech on my melee splash/infernal blow where I had the loh.

I'm working with 3L's.

I just found that life leech in a ship's graveyard instance along with gmp, so that was a good instance, but it's still lvl 1, I think.

5% life leech x ~500 dps heavy strike = ~25 life/sec ---

obviously, the dps fig is a generalization, and will change according to what I'm fighting.

I attack ~2/s with heavy, and my loh is leveled a bit, so it gets me 20 life/hit x 1.5 x 2 h/s = 60 life/s

assuming I don't miss, ofc

now that I think about it, to take it a little further, let's say I hit a damaged mob with only 100 hp left --- I won't be getting the full dps from my attack because I'll only do 100 to leech off of, whereas a hit is a hit whether the target has 1 hp or 1000.

basically, heavy strike is my bossbuster, so I'd prefer the extra life gain on there, even if I sacrificed some from infernal splash -- it would vary, I think, depending on your char.

the only witch node that changed was savant, which gives +20% dam, but it was my first char, and I had gone down to necro aegis, so I scrapped that and was much more efficient in using nodes for dam instead of stats.

mostly the repathing I did that buffed me.

Last edited by a moderator:

For Heavy Strike, is that something new? I was intending on pairing Life Leech as a support to Heavy Strike. Would LGOH be better now?
LGOH will almost never be better for single target attacks.

Even if you paired Heavy Strike which has a 150% lgoh multiplier with splash for aoe I don't think it would even come close to the new life leech values.

did the volume go up in some of the voices for the patch? I had my headphones on last night and it scared the crap out of me when my witch screamed for needing more mana. I never noticed that before.

Even if you paired Heavy Strike which has a 150% lgoh multiplier with splash for aoe I don't think it would even come close to the new life leech values.
ok, so I will stick with life leech for Heavy Strike.

Any recommendations for Ground Slam between the two(life lech of lgoh)?

well, I reworked my first char, who is a fire witch with minor in summons -- probably lost 5-10% hp from the nerf, but gained ~+50% fire dam and +8% chaos res from the respec, plus better positioning for future points. don't think my other chars will need much respec -- maybe 2 or 3 points. duelist uses melee splash, so that's pretty sweet, and I just read that heavy strike confers its bonus to a life on hit support?I didn't know that, but I'll take it.
which nodes changed to increase the fire damage? For Heavy Strike, is that something new? I was intending on pairing Life Leech as a support to Heavy Strike. Would LGOH be better now?
LGOH will almost never be better for single target attacks. Even if you paired Heavy Strike which has a 150% lgoh multiplier with splash for aoe I don't think it would even come close to the new life leech values.
ok, so I will stick with life leech for Heavy Strike. Any recommendations for Ground Slam between the two(life lech of lgoh)?
If you are mostly physical life leech. If you are mostly elemental, still probably life leech.Certain aoe skills really aren't that great with LGOH. Ground slam has a 70% damage effectiveness, which scales your life gain on hit. At 20 LGOH gives 44 life per monster hit, this is reduced to 30 life gained per hit.Life Leech can heal for an infinite amount but only at a rate of 20% of your max life, so if you have 3k life you can only heal for 600 life per second from leach. This number isn't hard to reach with how easy it is to get life leech from physical. So to get 600 life per second from life gain on hit on ground slam you would have to hit 20 mobs with ground slam. This is a little disingenuous as most people attack more than once per second, so if you have 2.0 attacks per second you only have to hit 10 targets. If you have 1.5 attacks per second you have to hit 15 targets.

did the volume go up in some of the voices for the patch? I had my headphones on last night and it scared the crap out of me when my witch screamed for needing more mana. I never noticed that before.
my sound is completely funky now -- I don't know what they did.
New patch completely overhauled the Dialogue audio, a side effect of this was it reset the dialogue volume slider to maximum, found out the hard way while listening to music and playing with my headset up pretty loud. RIP ears.

It depends on your level. Lower levels LGOH is better. At some point, around lvl 30-50, I don't remember, life leech becomes better.

ok, so I will stick with life leech for Heavy Strike.

Any recommendations for Ground Slam between the two(life lech of lgoh)?

Still theorycrafting builds for the four month and I decided to revisit my CI Physical build I don't think will be practical and tweak it into a life build instead.

This is what I came up with: Build

Still plan on using Glacial Hammer w/ Ele Proliferation and Sweep or Groundslam.

Unwavering Stance
Resolute Technique
Iron Reflexes
20% increased Area of Effect

162% increased Maximum Life

2.5% Life Regeneration

40% increased Mana Regeneration

267% increased Physical Dmg

84% increased Weapon Elemental Dmg

30% increased Weapon Fire Dmg

8% increased Area Dmg

37% increased Attack Speed
10% reduced Enemy Stun Threshold

My next 5 pts would give me 41% more elemental dmg.
I don't know how it will turn out, but I love the way it looks.

my sound is completely funky now -- I don't know what they did.
New patch completely overhauled the Dialogue audio, a side effect of this was it reset the dialogue volume slider to maximum, found out the hard way while listening to music and playing with my headset up pretty loud. RIP ears.
it wasn't that, for me -- my slider is the same.

but, I'm in these towns, and there's this really loud ambient sound, like everybody stomping around like they're running on a drum, water in sarn and that disfigured guy(?) whimpering while a bird is chirping --- it's all really loud and tha sliders do nothahng /arnold

also, I had it set to mute when in background and apparently that doesn't work anymore.

in a way it's kind of cool, actually, but I haven't road tested any zones yet........

Still theorycrafting builds for the four month and I decided to revisit my CI Physical build I don't think will be practical and tweak it into a life build instead.

Still plan on using Glacial Hammer w/ Ele Proliferation and Sweep or Groundslam.

Unwavering Stance

Resolute Technique

Iron Reflexes

2.5% Life Regeneration

8% increased Area Dmg

yeah, I think ima make a 2H glacial hammer or maybe claws + cold guy --- those are the frontrunners, anyway.

guess I better get it figured out pretty quick.

do you think loh from claws gets drowned out by leech at higher levels, as you mentioned?

claws are sounding like they might have a shelf life.

Unwavering Stance

Resolute Technique

Iron Reflexes

2.5% Life Regeneration

8% increased Area Dmg

yeah, I think ima make a 2H glacial hammer or maybe claws + cold guy --- those are the frontrunners, anyway.

guess I better get it figured out pretty quick.

do you think loh from claws gets drowned out by leech at higher levels, as you mentioned?

claws are sounding like they might have a shelf life.

Not sure how good the LOH on claws is since they buffed the Life Leech.

You get 3-6% leech on the claw itself and then on top of that all the soul raker nodes got buffed from 1%/1%/2% to 4%/4%/4% - 12% life leech from 3 nodes is absolutely ludicrous. I wanted to make a claw build I just don't like the current claw skills. Heavily considered making Claw Cyclone before deciding on this.

Users who are viewing this thread