What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Path of Exile (free to play & now on Xbone) (2 Viewers)

I only have one viable character which is a Spin To Win Cyclone Marauder.  Using Enduring Cry, Hatred, Artic Armor, Herald of Ash and Blood Rage.

I wonder if this build will fit into a sub class well.

I only have one viable character which is a Spin To Win Cyclone Marauder.  Using Enduring Cry, Hatred, Artic Armor, Herald of Ash and Blood Rage.

I wonder if this build will fit into a sub class well.
All three of the duelist subclasses as well as the Juggernaught marauder class are very good for cyclone.

Champion grants permanent free fortify and makes fortify better.

Gladiator grants 100% of your block chance as additional spell block chance.

Slayer just gives you a ton of extra damage for rares/bosses.

And the Juggernaught is just a really tanky class.

The Juggernaught    does look like it fits my cyclone build well as I use both Fortify and Endurance Charges.  

Do you know what level character they are recommending try the The Lord's Labyrinth, which looks like what starts you on an Ascendancy build?

Am I right in understanding you can only choose 6 passives from the tree which means you can only get two of the notables?

If I am reading this chart below right, it looks like I should try for Unflinching and Unrelenting which I can get to with the 6 possible passives.

http://static2.gamespot.com/uploads/scale_super/1534/15343359/2968251-juggernautascendancypassives.jpg

It does not look like I can take advantage of the Fortify notable passive...

Last edited by a moderator:
You get two ascendancy points per difficulty, for six total. The way all the ascendancy trees are laid out, you get a notable every other point. Some paths are only two points long some are four. The four point long paths have two notables in them. So unless you split your points into more than three paths, you should end up with three notables.

When they first announced ascendancy GGG said you first gain access to the labyrinth in act 3, they also said its tough and it might make more sense to progress into act 4 before coming back and getting your ascendancy points for that difficulty. 

So in normal thats probably lvl 30, in cruel 50 and in merciless 65-70

Few things today.

New Challenge leagues are called 'Perandus', Perandus is a historical bloodline in Wraeclast, typically considered prominently involved with wealth and power. Details of the new leagues will apparently be released early next week.

Kripparian will apparently be streaming a closed alpha of the new content Wednesday. The stream starts at 6pm EST, he says he will be starting out playing Hearthstone and will switch to POE a few hours later.

Kripparian will apparently be streaming a closed alpha of the new content Wednesday. The stream starts at 6pm EST, he says he will be starting out playing Hearthstone and will switch to POE a few hours later.
Very cool.  Why alpha content?  Is the upcoming release a beta release?

Thanks for the heads up on the time, that is a significantly earlier stream for Krip who usually does not cast until 11:00pm eastern every night.

You get two ascendancy points per difficulty, for six total. The way all the ascendancy trees are laid out, you get a notable every other point. Some paths are only two points long some are four. The four point long paths have two notables in them.
ahh!  yes I read the picture wrong.

http://static2.gamespot.com/uploads/scale_super/1534/15343359/2968251-juggernautascendancypassives.jpg

So I think I can get all 3 of Unflinching, Unyielding and Unrelenting, all of which should help my Cyclone build.

When they first announced ascendancy GGG said you first gain access to the labyrinth in act 3, they also said its tough and it might make more sense to progress into act 4 before coming back and getting your ascendancy points for that difficulty. 

So in normal thats probably lvl 30, in cruel 50 and in merciless 65-70
ok cool, I am going to go in with a level 87 character so I should be ok I think for all difficulty levels

to get into the labyrinth, it looks like you need to pass the 6 trials.

Are the trials going to be in fixed locations or are they randomly generated?

to get into the labyrinth, it looks like you need to pass the 6 trials.

Are the trials going to be in fixed locations or are they randomly generated?
Yeah I saw that info too. Chris went out of his way to there are 3 trials in act 3, so the other three are spread over act 1, 2 and 4 or just 1 and 2 or just 4.

No way to tell at this point.

Yeah I saw that info too. Chris went out of his way to there are 3 trials in act 3, so the other three are spread over act 1, 2 and 4 or just 1 and 2 or just 4.

Did you get a chance to watch the Krip stream?

I saw some of the Labyrinth where he got his first 2 asecdency points and first augmentation.  It looked really fun.

I am going to see if there is a twitch replay of the stream to see where he found the trials to get into the labyrinth.

The augmentation was random it looks like.  It just adds one random property to an item (in Krips case it asked for gloves).

I don't know if you can re-aug with a second run if you don't like the one you got.

edit: ok I read up more on this and you can re-aug to your hearts content.

Started playing this again after reading about the expansion.  I cant believe this game is free.

Going with a simple to play tanky, static strike Templar.  

Probably a dumb question but I'm assuming that if I level a character beyond normal and cruel, that I can still go back to those previous difficulties to get their ascendancy points?

Started playing this again after reading about the expansion.  I cant believe this game is free.

Going with a simple to play tanky, static strike Templar.  

Probably a dumb question but I'm assuming that if I level a character beyond normal and cruel, that I can still go back to those previous difficulties to get their ascendancy points?
Yes that is correct.  In the map you can choose any difficulty level you want and the jump to that spot (assuming you have already cleared said difficulty).

@ScoresmanLast night Krip recommended not trying to do the labyrinth on level 30.   It seems best to level the character a bit more and then go back.

I am going to go in with a level 88 character hopefully.  I am level 87 with 81% cleared so should get to level 88 soon and then I can die as much as I want trying to get a hang of the trials and labyrinth.

Yeah I watched the VOD this morning of him doing the labyrinth in normal, doesn't look easy for a lvl 30 character.

The final ascendancy class was revealed, the Scion Ascendant. Has 6 branchs all 3 points long. Each branch gives 40 pts worth of stats in the branch the class pertains to (40 str for marauder, 40 dex for ranger, 20 int 20 dex for shadow), the 2nd pt in the branch gives an additional passive point for the passive tree, with the third point allowing you to pick 1 of that classes three ascended classes and getting a hodgepodge of that ascended classes stuff.

For example, the Ranger Deadeye class has a lot of powerful projectile based notables. Powerful Precision grants projectiles 100% pierce chance that reduces over the distance that projectile travels, as well increasing critical strike chance by your pierce chance. It also has a notable that gives you an additional projectile, or gives your projectiles an innate ability to chain - along with other nice projectile stuff.

The Scion Ascendant branch for the Deadeye grants 50% pierce, 20% projectile speed, Projectiles gain damage as they travel further, and adds an additional projectile.

It takes elements of those trees and gives you a dialed back version and usually adds a twist. 

Very interesting and adds a lot of build diversity.

I just saw this information below posted.  I am unsure if this is based on Krip's stream or if the data comes from some where else.  I will put in spoilers in case you would rather find these by exploring if they are correct about the locations of the trials.

I think despite the nerf to Bladefall and Poison, I'm going Poison Bladefall Occultist.

Edit: And just like that I've changed my mind, can't decide between Assassin and Occultist 

Ok I got to level 88 so I should be good to go to die a lot whil learning how to deal with the trials and labyrinth.

I am interested to see how much stronger my character will get based on just the ascendency points and augments.  It feels like it could be good to get me over level 90.

if I could only afford an Atzeri's Disfavor....so damn expensive.

To be black and white about it, speed = money.

The best way to think about it is every time you kill a mob you spin a wheel, the percent that you get a significant drop (rare unique/orb) is very small. Thus, the more wheels you spin the better. Increased item rarity and quantity as well as pack size make those wheels better.

Dried Lake has a relatively small area compared to how many monsters are there, conversely maps have much larger areas with sparsely spread out mob packs. Maps have built in rarity and quantity as well as packsize, this helps bridge the gap.

The short of it is Dried Lake is better for compiling (currency drops, uniques, 6 sockets), Maps are better for other things, also great from breaking up the monotony.

Dried lake has a steady income from currency drops and 6 sockets, maps have a slightly higher chance to land one of those super rare uniques. If you can put up with the mindless dried lake farming it will be better, I find that mixing it up is almost necessary to stay sane. 

More succinct summary of what I meant, in video form.

I will say, if you have a lot of stash tabs (10) I have a tab or two that I just dump jewelry in for chaos recipes, not worth doing all the time but when you have enough for a couple sets its not a bad idea to do it.

To be black and white about it, speed = money.

The best way to think about it is every time you kill a mob you spin a wheel, the percent that you get a significant drop (rare unique/orb) is very small. Thus, the more wheels you spin the better. Increased item rarity and quantity as well as pack size make those wheels better.

Dried Lake has a relatively small area compared to how many monsters are there, conversely maps have much larger areas with sparsely spread out mob packs. Maps have built in rarity and quantity as well as packsize, this helps bridge the gap.

The short of it is Dried Lake is better for compiling (currency drops, uniques, 6 sockets), Maps are better for other things, also great from breaking up the monotony.

Dried lake has a steady income from currency drops and 6 sockets, maps have a slightly higher chance to land one of those super rare uniques. If you can put up with the mindless dried lake farming it will be better, I find that mixing it up is almost necessary to stay sane. 

More succinct summary of what I meant, in video form.

I will say, if you have a lot of stash tabs (10) I have a tab or two that I just dump jewelry in for chaos recipes, not worth doing all the time but when you have enough for a couple sets its not a bad idea to do it.
I am a very poor currency generator but I do grind as best I can.

I mostly make what little I have from vending every yellow I find to build and sell alts and then doing the chaos and regal recipes as fast as I can find amulets.

I have roughly 21 Exalts in total currency value.

I try and look up on POE.trade any uniques I find to see I should sell them but I usually find very few worth anything and even the ones worth anything, no one seems to buy even them I put them on sale lower than what I typically see when researching.

I am a very poor currency generator but I do grind as best I can.

I mostly make what little I have from vending every yellow I find to build and sell alts and then doing the chaos and regal recipes as fast as I can find amulets.

I have roughly 21 Exalts in total currency value.

I try and look up on POE.trade any uniques I find to see I should sell them but I usually find very few worth anything and even the ones worth anything, no one seems to buy even them I put them on sale lower than what I typically see when researching.
I think thats mostly a product of the Standard leagues economy being a repository for all the items in all the temporary leagues. Theres just a ton of items and currency in standard.

I think thats mostly a product of the Standard leagues economy being a repository for all the items in all the temporary leagues. Theres just a ton of items and currency in standard.
some day I am going to have to try a league but I have a mental block where it has taken me so long to generate any currency in standard that is scares the hell out of me to be broke again.

I have a stupid question.  How do you trade with players?  Like, I go on poe.trade and find something I want to trade for, what then?  I've only ever played self found.

I have a stupid question.  How do you trade with players?  Like, I go on poe.trade and find something I want to trade for, what then?  I've only ever played self found.
You whisper them in game they invite you to party, you go to their hideout and trade. Ezpz.

1) Set your poe.trade filters to search for items only for players who are currently online

2) When you find an item on poe.trade you like, look just below it for a link called "whisper".  This will copy exactly what you need to say to your clip board

3) Go back into the game and bring up the chat screen and paste what was copied from the clipboard from poe.trade

4) Then wait for them to respond.  They should add you to party and then you go to their hide out.  If you want to make the trade quicker, have your payment ready in your pack before you go to their hideout.

If you are a  cheap ******* like me, replace the "I would like to buy your..." part and enter your offer instead. With the end result being "(your offer) for your (listed item) listed for (buyout)?"

Sweet jesus, so it looks like the trade 'improvements' are coming sooner than later (tomorrow allegedly).

So it looks like POE is going to cut out the middle man (sort of) and allow you to make a shop in game instead of using a third party software such as Acquisition or Procurement. You will now be able to use stash tabs as you would those previously mentioned third party software.

A couple immediate opinions, stoked to finally be making some forward progress in the trade department. You still have to search for items using a third party indexer such as Poe.trade. This change seems to confirm that the future trade system will heavily handicap people with only a few stash tabs. Good and bad, but I like the change.

Edit: We should also be getting details on the next league tonight

That is exciting news on the trade improvements.    I would not doubt that stash tabs are one of their biggest revenue generators so I could see them adding some functionality that would encourage people to get even more.

@Run It Upcould you give me a short explanation of what is available to me once I get a Master to Level 8?  I have 4 masters in the middle of level 7 right now but I don't quite understand what meta crafting is available at level 8.

Metamods with the exception of Elreons are largely for high-end crafting. Elreon provides the multiple crafted mods suffix for 1 exalt allowing you to craft as many affixes as available slot you still have.

The others are for very specific crafting techniques, Haku provdes Prefixes Cannot be Changed for 2 exalts. If you apply this to a item and then use a scour orb to remove ONLY the suffixes. Likewise the Suffixes Cannot be Changed, also 2 exalts - does the same thing but for suffixes.

There are also Cannot roll Attack mods/Caster mods, again these are for crafting hard to make items.

@Run It UpCan you answer a question for me about the new trade system?

I understand how to make my tabs public and I understand how to set a price for an item in said tab.

But what I don't understand is the relationship between poe.trade and my public stash tab,

If I understood the old system, I did the following

1) Updated acquisition to tag an item I wanted to sell

2) Force acquisition to update the forum shop threads

3) Waited for poe.trade to index the forum shop threads and then my item would show up on poe.trade

How doe poe.trade know that I am using a public stash tab to set an item for sale?  I don't see any indication that my public stash tab is updating the forum shops when I set a price.

Any item you list for a price in your stash will now be picked up by indexers like poe.trade just as if you had tagged it in acquisition and acquisition edited your trade thread. In addition to this, the turn around to the old system Acquisition>Trade edit>Indexer registering the trade was like 15-30 minutes, its now <1 min.

As to how it works, I don't know the specifics, but I know that before the same people that created Acquisition/Procurement and the people who built and maintain poe.trade used tools provided by GGG. The change GGG implemented uses the same barebones but basically just removes the middle man and integrates it making it more accessible for everyone (that has premium tabs.)

Full Ascendancy Patch Notes

Very excited about a lot of the changes. It doesn't look like the Bladefall nerf was as bad as everyone suspected. The changes to Zana look amazing, will make mapping a lot more fun.

Best change imo:

• When you use an Orb of Fusing or a Jeweller's Orb on an item, the item's quality is no longer consumed. The way that quality affects the result has also been changed. Each 1% quality improves the result by 1%. This makes the Fusing process 20% easier on 20% quality items, for example.

Finally, can link armor without pulling your hair out.

Any item you list for a price in your stash will now be picked up by indexers like poe.trade just as if you had tagged it in acquisition and acquisition edited your trade thread. In addition to this, the turn around to the old system Acquisition>Trade edit>Indexer registering the trade was like 15-30 minutes, its now <1 min.

As to how it works, I don't know the specifics, but I know that before the same people that created Acquisition/Procurement and the people who built and maintain poe.trade used tools provided by GGG. The change GGG implemented uses the same barebones but basically just removes the middle man and integrates it making it more accessible for everyone (that has premium tabs.)
Should I just delete Acquisition now?

I do kind of like the currency counter feature it has but outside of that I am unsure what I would use it for any more....

I guess before I delete it I need to make sure I mark each item in acquisition that I have for sale using the new public stash tab method.

One thing that still confuses me is will poe.trade index the forum shops anymore if people want to use the old method?  And if they still intend to support that, how do we make sure there are not duplicates posted (say one item from your forum shop and the exact same item in your publich tash tab that you made for sale using the new method?)

Idk if the Acquisition devs will continue to support, but GGG said they would continue to allow indexers to scour the forums.

The Trials were very easy to complete but the Labyrinth is a challenge for me.

Even with a level 88 character, I am dying in normal mode trying the labyrinth.  My mouse dexterity sucks.  

The labyrinth is very fun though.  I am just going to approach this like a Souls game and just keep trying and dying until I get it right.

Wow, the labyrinth was unreal hard.  Went in with my level 45 tanky templar and barely made it out of the last boss fight alive.  The treasure and everything you get after beating it makes it so rewarding.  My dude is just tearing through content now.  And this was just on Normal.  

Is the damage caused by traps affected by armor or anything else at all?  I cant imagine a non-tank build doing that last boss fight if so.

I just finished it as well on normal.  With my level 88 character, the boss was meaningless, but I kept dying because of the stupid traps in the labyrinth itself.

Once I figured it is was bleeding that was always killing me, I just made sure I had a flask that handled bleeding and things got much easier.

I got an enchantment on my gloves called Cast Word of War on kill, but I have no idea what Word of War is.  I looked it up but the wiki page is still unpopulated.

@Scoresmanwhat did you get for your first enchantment on your gloves?

I only had one treasure key when I was done.  I figured I must have missed some along the way but I wanted to get my ascendancy skill points.  I can go back now on a future run and be more careful to take every path.

I also picked up something called "Cogs of Disruption" or something like that but I had no idea what to do with it.  It was removed from my pack when I left the labyrinth.

I only had one treasure key when I was done.  I figured I must have missed some along the way but I wanted to get my ascendancy skill points.  I can go back now on a future run and be more careful to take every path.

I also picked up something called "Cogs of Disruption" or something like that but I had no idea what to do with it.  It was removed from my pack when I left the labyrinth.
I think the treasure keys are just random.  I got 2 off the boss, then one of the chests dropped another 2 and thats all i got.  

I just finished it as well on normal.  With my level 88 character, the boss was meaningless, but I kept dying because of the stupid traps in the labyrinth itself.

Once I figured it is was bleeding that was always killing me, I just made sure I had a flask that handled bleeding and things got much easier.

I got an enchantment on my gloves called Cast Word of War on kill, but I have no idea what Word of War is.  I looked it up but the wiki page is still unpopulated.

@Scoresmanwhat did you get for your first enchantment on your gloves?
I got an enchantment that does 200-300 lightning damage everytime I hit something.  It rocks.  

I got an enchantment that does 200-300 lightning damage everytime I hit something.  It rocks.  
that sounds awesome!  

I just played around with my new enchantment and I can't figure out what it is doing, if anything.  It sounds like some sort of curse.

I am going to try the next level difficulty now for the trials and labyrinths.

Wonderful addition to an already fantastic game.

The labyrinths change every 24 hours so if you are rerunning them for different enchantments or treasures, you won't get bored from what I can tell.

Did anyone figure out the puzzle in todays Labyrinth?

I can't figure it out.

It is a floor plan of around an 8x9 tile group made of up 4 different tiles.  One is blank and the other three have pictures on them.   Depending upon how you cross the tiles seems to be how a door unlocks but I can't figure out the combo.  Every time you make a combo mistake you get shot with darts :)

Users who are viewing this thread