Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zgordon5

trade thoughts?

5 posts in this topic

Long time lurker, first time poster. Have a big deal I'm torn on and wanted to see if I could get any feedback that would help. I receive: J. Charles, P. Harvin, 3.12I give: M. Forte, J. Maclin, 1.4, 2.3 The picks are in a developmental draft (12 teams) where young guys go early. Many are already owned. I still see 1.4 as a very valuable piece that could net me a significant player by itself. 2.3 netted Kendall Wright last year, for reference. I think Maclin is a good buy right now with Kelly coming in. Forte is 2 years older than Charles, but pretty consistent, whereas Charles has burned me with inconsistency his entire career. I currently own MJD and the NE backfield along with Forte, so I'm fairly deep at RB. Wr's are Crabtree, Maclin, D. Moore, Steve Smith, and loose change. PPR league where WRs are slightly more valuable due to starting requirements. Just took the team over, so I have no player attachments. The deal looked like a slam dunk at first, but I'm getting cold feet. Any thoughts/reactions would be appreciated.

Alot of uncertainties here. What will Charles look like with Andy Reid? What will Maclin look like with Kelly? Is Harvin staying in Minnesota? I'm not knowledgable enough to really comment on this one but it seems like it would be a boom or bust deal. Harvin and Charles have been impact players when healthy. For what its worth I just traded for Charles (Ridley + Vincent Brown + 2nd round pick for Charles + 2014 2nd round pick. 16 team - 11 keepers).Good luck.

You were right at first when you thought this was a slam dunk. Don't hesitate another moment, click accept before the guy changes his mind

You were right at first when you thought this was a slam dunk. Don't hesitate another moment, click accept before the guy changes his mind

Agreed. Charles is a better player than Westbrook was and look what Andy did with him.

two huge upgrades and the #4 pick this year is blahhhhEASY accept. SUPER easy accept.I may not even trade just Charles for Forte and Maclin.