Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dewmass

Josh Gordon

20 posts in this topic

I'm trying extremely hard to buy Gordon in my standard scoring dynasty league. The owner is a good player and won't let him go for anything I've offered so far. Would 1.04 be offering up too much for him? He's only going to compete with Britt for RB3 status as I have Julio and Harvin, but I'm on the Gordon bandwagon and really want to get my hands on him.Thoughts?

Compared to what you can get for 1.04 I think it is totally worth it. At 1.04 you would be getting an unknown, especially in this years draft, as there is no AJG, JJ etc.

Traditionally, in any rookie draft, the players that are considered the elite of that class go 1.01 to 1.03. Some years (like in 2012) as far as 1.05, but usually the top tier is no more than three.With that in mind the 1.04 is not too much to give up, particularly for a player with the upside of Gordon. And if you really want to get your hands on any player, overpaying should not be an issue IMO.

Even the 1.04 won't get it done, counter offered wanting Ryan Willaims on top so he values Gordon even more than I do.

Even the 1.04 won't get it done, counter offered wanting Ryan Willaims on top so he values Gordon even more than I do.

I don't blame him.

Stay away from this one...

I dont think it's the value of Gordon you differ on. You value pick 4 far too high.Pick 4 for Gordon is easy. 4 adn Williams for Gordon, I still do

I dont think it's the value of Gordon you differ on. You value pick 4 far too high.Pick 4 for Gordon is easy. 4 adn Williams for Gordon, I still do
Really? I must admit I thought the 1.04 had good value, was thinking I may grab a similar talent in Keenan Allen/Lattimore there. As is my only pick in the draft perhaps I'm getting carried away with tts value. Still feel that plus Williams is too steep though

I would pass on the 1.04 and RyWill. If you believe as I do that Gordon will develop as a solid #2WR option with low end #1WR upside, what would be the point? You are gambling on a more unknown commodity and an injury plagued RB. Lots of risk.

Really? I must admit I thought the 1.04 had good value, was thinking I may grab a similar talent in Keenan Allen/Lattimore there. As is my only pick in the draft perhaps I'm getting carried away with tts value. Still feel that plus Williams is too steep though
I agree with you. 1.4 and Ryan Williams is too much for Gordon (and I have Gordon in most of my leagues).

I dont think it's the value of Gordon you differ on. You value pick 4 far too high.

Pick 4 for Gordon is easy. 4 adn Williams for Gordon, I still do

I agree with you. 1.4 and Ryan Williams is too much for Gordon (and I have Gordon in most of my leagues).
Agreed.

Lattimore at pick 4, really? I would take Gordon over pick 4 and Williams UNLESS I was desperate at RB, and then probably try to draft a RB at 4. The value of a trade like this will also depend on roster sizes and how many guys you can keep from year to year. But generally speaking, I think Gordon holds more value. I would probably trade the #1 pick this year for Gordon, again unless I BADLY needed a RB

Side question. Who do you take straight up in a 12 team dynasty. Gordon, or Jonathan Stewart?Assume you have no "needs"

Side question. Who do you take straight up in a 12 team dynasty. Gordon, or Jonathan Stewart?Assume you have no "needs"

No "needs" probably Gordon.

Stewart 4 me...but can't fault you for choosing Gordon

There are always needs. :hophead: Six of one, half dozen of another. Stewart is being taken ahead of Gordon 1-3 rounds in startup drafts. Starting RBs are hard to come by and at some point Stewart should get his chance (although his owners have been waiting about 5 years). So not knowing anything else, Stewart. If I were a Stewart owner and was offered a straight up trade, I think would ask for just a little something extra (like maybe a 2nd round draft pick) or a marginal player with upside.

There are always needs. :hophead: Six of one, half dozen of another. Stewart is being taken ahead of Gordon 1-3 rounds in startup drafts. Starting RBs are hard to come by and at some point Stewart should get his chance (although his owners have been waiting about 5 years). So not knowing anything else, Stewart. If I were a Stewart owner and was offered a straight up trade, I think would ask for just a little something extra (like maybe a 2nd round draft pick) or a marginal player with upside.
Strange, all the startups I have seen (well, 3 of 4 anyway) have Gordon going ahead of Stewart by a little bit.

I'm the chairman of the Stewart fan club and would take him over Gordon, but only just. In our leagues RBs are at a real premium but the Stewart owner was one of the many who now really dislike him and I got him for the cheap price of a 2.10 last week. Shame the Gordon owner wasn't so easy to deal with, I ended up trading for Jordy Nelson to solidify my WR3 instead for Dujuan Harris, Celek and Chris Givens

I'm the chairman of the Stewart fan club and would take him over Gordon, but only just. In our leagues RBs are at a real premium but the Stewart owner was one of the many who now really dislike him and I got him for the cheap price of a 2.10 last week. Shame the Gordon owner wasn't so easy to deal with, I ended up trading for Jordy Nelson to solidify my WR3 instead for Dujuan Harris, Celek and Chris Givens

both of those were complete robbery, nice work