What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL 3 Draft Commentary (1 Viewer)

Robert Griffin III QB WAS

Josh Freeman QB TBB

Marshawn Lynch RB SEA

Chris Johnson RB TEN

Jordy Nelson WR GBP

Danario Alexander WR SDC

Lance Moore WR NOS

Solid if unspectacular. In retrospect I probably would have waited another round for QB2

Team Holloway

Matt Schaub QB Houston

Doug Martin RB TB

Roddy White WR ATL

Vincent Jackson WR TB

Steve Johnson WR BUF

Greg Jennings WR GB/FA

Kyle Rudolph TE MIN

Went into the draft focused on getting a top running back and then loading up at wide receiver as long as I though that I was getting value. Might possibly have taken one too many, but really liked getting the value of Greg Jennings in the fifth round. Was getting very antsy at the quarterbacks disappearing in the sixth round, but thrilled to get Schaub who passed for over 4,000 yards lastyear as the 21st QB taken. Was hoping that one of Daniels or Rudloph fell to me so also happy with Rudolph.

Definitely need some help at running back and tight end depth, but very happy now with Jennings as my 4th wide receiver since I was able to get Schaub and Rudolph.

The end of Tuesday puts us two weeks into the draft. Based on a 4-5 week goal, we should be at the end of round 9 at that time. If you guys aren't thru round 9 by Wednesday morning, the 8 hour clock is being cut to 6 hours and all 50% / 75% clock reduction (time out penalties) will be based on the 6 hours.

QB Russell WilsonQB Jake LockerRB Frank GoreRB Mikel LeshoureWR Julio JonesWR Cecil ShortsWR Brian HartlineTE Jimmy GrahamFelt I needed a second QB with the pickings getting slim. Picking at the turn will force your hand on these things. My WR core seems more opportunistic than talented, which can be problematic in a WSL.

Every week trr survives is another week the rest of the league basically has a bye week.Sorry to say trr, but this hasn't been one of your best efforts.

Every week trr survives is another week the rest of the league basically has a bye week.Sorry to say trr, but this hasn't been one of your best efforts.
Bass,Many people may want to make fun of me and my teams and most of them I will laugh off. You sir, I respect and appreciate the feedback, no matter how dismissive. I will be posting my thoughts later and hope to hear from you then. Until then, I will indulge in a cool one and ponder why a man would run farther than the distance that killed a Greek messenger.peace

1.14 teamramrod - Demaryius Thomas WR4will be top ten next year, Go Payton Go2.3 teamramrod - Alfred Morris RB10Someone has to run it and RB is a young man's game3.14 teamramrod - Matthew Stafford QB8Who else has won the Comeback Player of the Year Award twice4.3 teamramrod - Heath Miller TE5Solid TE at the draft spot and what else was on the board5.14 teamramrod - Mike Williams WR33Break out year baby, not bad for my WR26.3 teamramrod - Jaquizz Rodgers RB26Turner is still on the board, so the draft thinks JR will be the starter next year7.14 teamramrod - Denarius Moore WR46I wear glasses with the chain on them , so this is my holla back to the mad genius8.3 teamramrod - Ryan Fitzpatrick QB24QB 2 that is a starter, only room to improve here.2 Qbs2 RBs3 WRs1 TENow I can go into 9-16 grabbing WRs, a TE or two and a 3rd RB.Its my strategy. It is also WSL. A lot of looking in the rear view mirror of 2012 here. But it helps to polish my spring draft by getting "what have you done for me" out of my system.Peace

Last edited by a moderator:
1.14 teamramrod - Demaryius Thomas WR4will be top ten next year, Go Payton Go2.3 teamramrod - Alfred Morris RB10Someone has to run it and RB is a young man's game3.14 teamramrod - Matthew Stafford QB8Who else has won the Comeback Player of the Year Award twice4.3 teamramrod - Heath Miller TE5Solid TE at the draft spot and what else was on the board5.14 teamramrod - Mike Williams WR33Break out year baby, not bad for my WR26.3 teamramrod - Jaquizz Rodgers RB26Turner is still on the board, so the draft thinks JR will be the starter next year7.14 teamramrod - Denarius Moore WR46I wear glasses with the chain on them , so this is my holla back to the mad genius8.3 teamramrod - Ryan Fitzpatrick QB24QB 2 that is a starter, only room to improve here.2 Qbs2 RBs3 WRs1 TENow I can go into 9-16 grabbing WRs, a TE or two and a 3rd RB.Its my strategy. It is also WSL. A lot of looking in the rear view mirror of 2012 here. But it helps to polish my spring draft by getting "what have you done for me" out of my system.Peace
I like most of your picks, but the Miller and Fitzpatrick picks surprised me. Miller's status is unknown with the knee injury and Fitzpatrick could easily be replaced via FA or the draft. I liked the rest.

Rivers / CutlerMcCoyRidleyD WilliamsLamar MillerH NicksGronkAm I missing something on Gates? Falling to the 8th now.Pettigrew, Finley.... Also 8thI'm kinda regretting the Gronk pick with that value - injury risk? (already fell dancing again)If I did it over, I'd roll with Tom Brady in round 2 and think about going 1 QB or a late backup instead of "wasting" two top 6 picks on a Cutler/Rivers combo which I felt backed into...2 Massive WR runs caught me on the end as well...ROUND 3WhiteHarvinCobbWelkerVJaxj NelsonFitzDeckerCrabtreeColston... Leaving me with ugggh.... H NicksAnother one in round 7. Missed out by 1 on Denarius Moore.Not loving my team but, if Gronk has the season he can then he's a big boost - Cutler/Rivers can combine for top QB scoring and McCoy needs to do his thing... of course Nicks needs to stay on the field....Now to find some wr's.Early offseason talk of Lamar Miller being the man and Nicks getting a new deal - could very possibly both be talk just to get Cruz and Reggie Bush to sign though and leave my guys in the dust.

Rivers / CutlerMcCoyRidleyD WilliamsLamar MillerH NicksGronkAm I missing something on Gates? Falling to the 8th now.Pettigrew, Finley.... Also 8thI'm kinda regretting the Gronk pick with that value - injury risk? (already fell dancing again)If I did it over, I'd roll with Tom Brady in round 2 and think about going 1 QB or a late backup instead of "wasting" two top 6 picks on a Cutler/Rivers combo which I felt backed into...2 Massive WR runs caught me on the end as well...ROUND 3WhiteHarvinCobbWelkerVJaxj NelsonFitzDeckerCrabtreeColston... Leaving me with ugggh.... H NicksAnother one in round 7. Missed out by 1 on Denarius Moore.Not loving my team but, if Gronk has the season he can then he's a big boost - Cutler/Rivers can combine for top QB scoring and McCoy needs to do his thing... of course Nicks needs to stay on the field....Now to find some wr's.Early offseason talk of Lamar Miller being the man and Nicks getting a new deal - could very possibly both be talk just to get Cruz and Reggie Bush to sign though and leave my guys in the dust.
The fall off of many of these TEs was insane. I had a feeling they'd fall, but not quite that far. I think it was a case that most of us saw a half a dozen of similair options left on the board so we postponed picking one. When everyone else did the same thing, they just went into free fall.I like Nicks over half of the guys you listed. I don't think you missed out there at all.I do think you invested too much into RB. Not sure you'll get the return that you invested in that talent and will end up leaving a lot of 10-12 pt scores on the bench.I like your QB combo. I don't think you wasted any picks here given what else has happened in this draft. I'd rather have Rivers/Cutler then Brady/Ponder in this format.

I do think you invested too much into RB. Not sure you'll get the return that you invested in that talent and will end up leaving a lot of 10-12 pt scores on the bench.
Interesting though - As I said, I got caught behind some hellish WR runs - so much so, that I just looked over at your draft and 2 of wr's I missed out on in round 7 (D Moore and K Britt).. You got in rounds 8 and 9!!!!I probably don't grab 2 RB's there if I felt the same WR value was in this draft at 7/8As this draft is going, It doesn't look like the WR value is going to change much from the last 2 rounds to these next 2....

I do think you invested too much into RB. Not sure you'll get the return that you invested in that talent and will end up leaving a lot of 10-12 pt scores on the bench.
Interesting though - As I said, I got caught behind some hellish WR runs - so much so, that I just looked over at your draft and 2 of wr's I missed out on in round 7 (D Moore and K Britt).. You got in rounds 8 and 9!!!!I probably don't grab 2 RB's there if I felt the same WR value was in this draft at 7/8As this draft is going, It doesn't look like the WR value is going to change much from the last 2 rounds to these next 2....
Understand what you are saying. That's why I went QB/QB in the 3rd and 4th. Got the WRs I would have drafted in the 3rd and 4th in the 4th and 5th. BPA is a viable strategy since you can cover a weakness with depth given we have 20 picks.

Its my strategy. It is also WSL. A lot of looking in the rear view mirror of 2012 here. But it helps to polish my spring draft by getting "what have you done for me" out of my system.
I would argue that drafting Heath Miller that high completely goes against that.

Josh Freeman QB TBB

Marshawn Lynch RB SEA

Chris Johnson RB TEN

Beanie Wells RB ARI/FA

Jordy Nelson WR GBP

Danario Alexander WR SDC

Lance Moore WR NOS

Antonio Gates TE SDC

Josh Freeman QB TBB

Marshawn Lynch RB SEA

Chris Johnson RB TEN

Beanie Wells RB ARI/FA

Jordy Nelson WR GBP

Danario Alexander WR SDC

Lance Moore WR NOS

Antonio Gates TE SDC
Griffen is a plus until he misses a game, Freeman can be a top 10 QB next year.Lynch is solid, CJ2K a coin flip, Beanie is a reach, but not bad for RB 3.

WRs, I cant rate. Personally I don't like any of them, but all are in positions to get touches depending on who else is still around them.

Gates....you are at the bottom half of the league in TE1.

Overall a C so far IMHO and usually wrong opinion.

Peace

'teamramrod said:
'valence said:

Josh Freeman QB TBB

Marshawn Lynch RB SEA

Chris Johnson RB TEN

Beanie Wells RB ARI/FA

Jordy Nelson WR GBP

Danario Alexander WR SDC

Lance Moore WR NOS

Antonio Gates TE SDC
Griffen is a plus until he misses a game, Freeman can be a top 10 QB next year.Lynch is solid, CJ2K a coin flip, Beanie is a reach, but not bad for RB 3.

WRs, I cant rate. Personally I don't like any of them, but all are in positions to get touches depending on who else is still around them.

Peace
Gates owners will get more weekly scores posted for them than Miller owners get from Miller.

QB RyanRB Spiller, Bradshaw, Bernard ®WR Wayne, Maclin, LloydTE WittenHoping to have picked up 3 #1 RBs. Waited long at WR and missed on some targets for WR2 and WR3 but Maclin could bounce back and Lloyd will produce as long as he stays with Brady.

'teamramrod said:
'valence said:

Josh Freeman QB TBB

Marshawn Lynch RB SEA

Chris Johnson RB TEN

Beanie Wells RB ARI/FA

Jordy Nelson WR GBP

Danario Alexander WR SDC

Lance Moore WR NOS

Antonio Gates TE SDC

Peace
Gates owners will get more weekly scores posted for them than Miller owners get from Miller.
I think I may still owe you from a 2009 side bet, but a nice cold Bass vs a nice cold Urquell some day on this prop?Peace

'teamramrod said:
'valence said:

Josh Freeman QB TBB

Marshawn Lynch RB SEA

Chris Johnson RB TEN

Beanie Wells RB ARI/FA

Jordy Nelson WR GBP

Danario Alexander WR SDC

Lance Moore WR NOS

Antonio Gates TE SDC

Peace
I think I may still owe you from a 2009 side bet, but a nice cold Bass vs a nice cold Urquell some day on this prop?Peace
Your on.I think half the board owes me side bets. Batting 100% in winning, below the Mendoza line on collection.

is Miller even going to be ready to start the season....i thought that knee injury was all kind of nasty....

'teamramrod said:
'valence said:
Its my strategy. It is also WSL. A lot of looking in the rear view mirror of 2012 here. But it helps to polish my spring draft by getting "what have you done for me" out of my system.
I would argue that drafting Heath Miller that high completely goes against that.
He was TE 4 or 5 for 2012...so not sure what you are saying here.peace
Chasing Miller's 2012 stats in 2013 is foolish imo. Even if he is fully healthy I think TE5 is too high by at least 4-5 spots

'teamramrod said:
'valence said:

Josh Freeman QB TBB

Marshawn Lynch RB SEA

Chris Johnson RB TEN

Beanie Wells RB ARI/FA

Jordy Nelson WR GBP

Danario Alexander WR SDC

Lance Moore WR NOS

Antonio Gates TE SDC

Peace
As TE14 I am obviously in the bottom half at TE. That said I think Gates is a value pick in 2013 and the rumors of his demise are greatly exaggerated. No longer top 5, but I would argue top 10. The SD offense as a whole should see a fairly significant uptick in 2013 if they can get even mediocre play from their offensive line.

'teamramrod said:
'valence said:
Antonio Gates TE SDC
Gates....you are at the bottom half of the league in TE1.Peace
As TE14 I am obviously in the bottom half at TE. That said I think Gates is a value pick in 2013 and the rumors of his demise are greatly exaggerated. No longer top 5, but I would argue top 10. The SD offense as a whole should see a fairly significant uptick in 2013 if they can get even mediocre play from their offensive line.
This is significant to the production not only of Gates, but even moreso to Philip Rivers and Ryan Mathews. The Chargers really need to improve their offensive line.

The end of Tuesday puts us two weeks into the draft. Based on a 4-5 week goal, we should be at the end of round 9 at that time. If you guys aren't thru round 9 by Wednesday morning, the 8 hour clock is being cut to 6 hours and all 50% / 75% clock reduction (time out penalties) will be based on the 6 hours.
The clock has been cut for this draft.

Love the Gonzo pick by Norse. Was using a pick at the next turn.Damn
I would live it as a 2nd TE, pretty risky as your 1st TE
at this point everybody left is risky as a TE #1
I agree with you and if Gonzalez plays then the pick will reap benefits. However, if he doesn't play then his next TE selection will be his top TE and I would not want that risk for my team. If on the other hand, Norseman had already chosen Daniels or Pettigrew, then adding Gonzalez late could be a blockbuster pick, but does not have the exposure of Gonzalez as your first TE pick.

I agree with you and if Gonzalez plays then the pick will reap benefits. However, if he doesn't play then his next TE selection will be his top TE and I would not want that risk for my team. If on the other hand, Norseman had already chosen Daniels or Pettigrew, then adding Gonzalez late could be a blockbuster pick, but does not have the exposure of Gonzalez as your first TE pick.
I had planned to take Gonzalez all along, but was hoping to get one earlier. They all were taken before I picked and I didn't want to "reach" for one. I had to pull the trigger on him after some one in league 1 picked him, and from HT's comment it was just in time.

I had planned to take Gonzalez all along, but was hoping to get one earlier. They all were taken before I picked and I didn't want to "reach" for one. I had to pull the trigger on him after some one in league 1 picked him, and from HT's comment it was just in time.
Almost went TE/TE at the last turn wirh Gonzo but thought it was a safe gamble he would last until my next back to back.

I was surprised how many TEs ended the year on IR or injured. Gronk miller housler chandler Myers someone else I'm missing.

QB Russell WilsonQB Jake LockerRB Frank GoreRB Mikel LeshoureWR Julio JonesWR Cecil ShortsWR Brian HartlineWR Nate WashingtonTE Jimmy GrahamTE Martellus BennettDespite having the #1 TE, I couldn't resist the urge to pick up another, especially given the scoring in these leagues. Perhaps I could have waited a few more rounds and scooped two TEs in a row, but I want to give myself the ability to be flexible with defenses and kickers coming up shortly.I read that Bennett is a free agent. I'd guess he ends up back in New York, but what do I know?Nate Washington seems a bit undervalued in these leagues. I am concerned about Britt and Wright eating into his production, but his threat as a deep ball receiver is something I like to roster in these best ball leagues.

At the halfway point, and not very happy overall largely due to my shambles of an RB corps... of course, I felt the same way in Anarchy this year, and finished 3rd (after foolishly choosing Mike Wallace over Brandon Marshall), so what do I know...QB 1.12 BreesIn retrospect, should have gone RB here (McCoy) and picked up 2 QB's laterRB 4.05 Mathews 5.12 Greene 8.05 Moreno 10.05 Andre BrownThis is a big ol pile of "gonna need a lot of luck". Might need to add 2 more just to rub some good scores together this year - and will still need a ton of luck.WR 2.05 Bryant 3.12 Crabtree 7.12 Roberts 9.12 MorganI like Bryant a lot and Crabtree seems to come into his own. Hopefully, he doesn't turn missing out on the game winning TD into a repeat of Kevin Dyson's post-Super Bowl career. Big fan of Roberts since his college days - hoping with better QB play, he will have an even better 2013.TE 6.05 OlsenI kept meaning to grab a backup, but there were so many good ones I kept passing (as noted above). Now they're largely gone so I'll probably end up waiting a really long time on a backup here (or grab one in the 11th - definitely one of those 2).

10 picks in and I'm happy with the composition of my roster thus far:QB - Carson Palmer (9th) Should be the start and the team will being playing from behind so hopefully that means solid numbersRB - Arian Foster (1st) Solid #1 starter and bell cow for this rosterRB - DeMarco Murray (2nd) Went back to back RBs - don't often do that but I like the pair and value of Murray at 15th RBRB - Jonathan Stewart (6th) Depending if Williams is released or not this could be a solid pick for my rosterRB - Ryan Williams (8th) Again depending what happens in the backfield in Arizona Williams could be the main guy thereWR - Wes Welker (3rd) If Welker stays in NE then this is a solid pick here if he moves on then who knows what production he getsWR - Justin Blackmon (4th) Possession type receiver just need to get him a QB that can throw the ball...WR - Steve Smith (5th) Getting older but still manages to put up solid numbersWR - Greg Little (10th) I think the Cleveland offense will progress and open up next year under Weeden or another QBTE - Owen Daniels (7th) TEs tumbled this year in all the drafts. If Daniels stays healthy he can be a top 5 type TEOverall I think that this a solid start and several of my selections have come later in this draft than in the other WSL drafts so hopefully that means that I found some good players at bargin prices...

QB - Tom Brady Mike VickRB - Trent Richardson Vick Ballard Daryl Richardson WR - Larry Fitzgerald Pierre Garçon Antonio Brown Danny AmendolaTE - Tony GonzalezDEF-ChicagoAfter 11 rounds I am pretty happy with my team. Obviously I am all in on Gonzalez at TE. If he does retire I have little chance to go far. But after coming in 2nd twice this year I decided to roll the dice on a probable top 4 TE in the 9th round. I have a perennial top five quarterback And a high ceiling low floor quarterback in Vick, who is always capable of throwing up a huge score. I just need to add depth at running back and wide receiver and who knows maybe another tight end or three.

QB Russell WilsonQB Jake LockerRB Frank GoreRB Mikel LeshoureWR Julio JonesWR Cecil ShortsWR Brian HartlineWR Nate WashingtonWR Devone BessTE Jimmy GrahamTE Martellus BennettDEF Cincinnati BengalsI immediately recognize I should've taken a RB instead of a WR. I love Bess in this format, but I need some depth at RB. I'll have to attempt to correct that with numbers later.I wanted Denver's defense, but they were taken a few picks earlier. Cincinnati is a solid option, and I had to have one this turn with the run on. I doubt they equal their sack total from last year, but I really like their chances to finish around defense six, which is where I drafted them.

4.7 Andrew Luck QB 11 7.10 Ryan Tannehill QB 22 2.7 Forte RB 11 6.7 David Wilson RB 27 9.10 Bryce Brown RB 43 1.10 Marshall WR 2 3.10 Decker WR 16 5.10 James Jones WR 32 11.10 Randle WR61 8.7 Gresham TE 12 10.7 D. Allen TE 19 Drinking the Trestman kool-aid with my first two picks. Decker and Jones value picks. Wilson and Brown should be committee backs. Luck top 5 QB? Solid TE play. Add a defense-by-committee and add some depth.

4.7 Andrew Luck QB 11 7.10 Ryan Tannehill QB 22 2.7 Forte RB 11 6.7 David Wilson RB 27 9.10 Bryce Brown RB 43 1.10 Marshall WR 2 3.10 Decker WR 16 5.10 James Jones WR 32 11.10 Randle WR61 8.7 Gresham TE 12 10.7 D. Allen TE 19 Drinking the Trestman kool-aid with my first two picks. Decker and Jones value picks. Wilson and Brown should be committee backs. Luck top 5 QB? Solid TE play. Add a defense-by-committee and add some depth.
12.7 DuJuan Harris RB GRB steal of the draft IMHO....good pick OFGI can see him as the main man in GB and he can catch....Peace

QB Matt RyanQB Christian PonderQB Alex SmithRB CJ SpillerRB Ahmad BradshawRB Giovanni BernardRB Fred JacksonWR Reggie WayneWR Jeremy MaclinWR Brandon LloydWR Brandon LaFellTE Jason Wittennot sure 3QBs like this is a winning strategy with an elite-type guy in Ryan already on the squad and the Bradshaw release likely hurts, but I like this team if a couple things break my way.

QB Matt RyanQB Christian PonderQB Alex SmithRB CJ SpillerRB Ahmad BradshawRB Giovanni BernardRB Fred JacksonWR Reggie WayneWR Jeremy MaclinWR Brandon LloydWR Brandon LaFellTE Jason Wittennot sure 3QBs like this is a winning strategy with an elite-type guy in Ryan already on the squad and the Bradshaw release likely hurts, but I like this team if a couple things break my way.
Solid team and I think that Bradshaw can be productive wherever he lands, possibly back in New York for less $. I may regret going with Geno Smith over Alex a round or so ago.

Team Holloway6.13 Matt Schaub QB Houston11.14 Geno Smith QB Rookie1.4 Doug Martin RB TB9.4 Shane Vereen RB NE2.13 Roddy White WR ATL3.4 Vincent Jackson WR TB4.13 Steve Johnson WR BUF5.4 Greg Jennings WR GB/FA12.7 Keenan Allen WR Rookie7.4 Kyle Rudolph TE MIN8.13 Jermichael Finley TE GB?10.13 Brent Celek TE PHI13.4 Green Bay Packers DSTSurprised that my heavy focus on wide receivers did not generate any discussion. The wide receiver position is really becoming more important in the NFL and I wanted to offset the week to week variability there by having at least three highly rated players. I wound up drafting four in a row because I loved the value offered by Greg Jennings.Similarly, with only two scorers required at running back, combined with the league-wide shortage of three down running backs, I wanted to avoid loading up early at the running back position, particularly after I drafted a solid top ten candidate.I got very nervous late in the fifth round and all through round six, but was thrilled to get Schaub who passed for over 4,000 yards last year as the 21st QB taken. I considered Alex Smith in the 11th round, but went with the rookie currently considered as the top quarterback candidate since there are several teams almost desperate for a quarterback.I also played a waiting game at tight end. I would have considered any of the top four tight ends at my 2nd round pick, but they were all gone. I was pleased that the group as a whole ignored the position so that I could get Kyle Rudolph as the 10th tight end. Similarly, I was happy to get Finley in the 8th round. I definitely solidified my standing among the top tight end rankings by adding Brent Celek as my 3rd tight end near the end of the 10th round. Having three for only one score might be a little over the top, but with the 2 points per reception at the position, it is comforting to have three guys, each capable of posting a solid score.Right now, I would rank both my wide receivers and tight ends among our league’s elite and I still have seven more draft picks to solidify the running backs, defense, and kickers. Even though, I have two positions that are clearly in the lower half of the rankings, I like the composition of the team.Feel free to offer comments or criticisms though, because the discussion is the most important reason for having these early, early drafts.

Team Holloway6.13 Matt Schaub QB Houston11.14 Geno Smith QB Rookie1.4 Doug Martin RB TB9.4 Shane Vereen RB NE2.13 Roddy White WR ATL3.4 Vincent Jackson WR TB4.13 Steve Johnson WR BUF5.4 Greg Jennings WR GB/FA12.7 Keenan Allen WR Rookie7.4 Kyle Rudolph TE MIN8.13 Jermichael Finley TE GB?10.13 Brent Celek TE PHI13.4 Green Bay Packers DSTSurprised that my heavy focus on wide receivers did not generate any discussion. The wide receiver position is really becoming more important in the NFL and I wanted to offset the week to week variability there by having at least three highly rated players. I wound up drafting four in a row because I loved the value offered by Greg Jennings.Similarly, with only two scorers required at running back, combined with the league-wide shortage of three down running backs, I wanted to avoid loading up early at the running back position, particularly after I drafted a solid top ten candidate.I got very nervous late in the fifth round and all through round six, but was thrilled to get Schaub who passed for over 4,000 yards last year as the 21st QB taken. I considered Alex Smith in the 11th round, but went with the rookie currently considered as the top quarterback candidate since there are several teams almost desperate for a quarterback.I also played a waiting game at tight end. I would have considered any of the top four tight ends at my 2nd round pick, but they were all gone. I was pleased that the group as a whole ignored the position so that I could get Kyle Rudolph as the 10th tight end. Similarly, I was happy to get Finley in the 8th round. I definitely solidified my standing among the top tight end rankings by adding Brent Celek as my 3rd tight end near the end of the 10th round. Having three for only one score might be a little over the top, but with the 2 points per reception at the position, it is comforting to have three guys, each capable of posting a solid score.Right now, I would rank both my wide receivers and tight ends among our league’s elite and I still have seven more draft picks to solidify the running backs, defense, and kickers. Even though, I have two positions that are clearly in the lower half of the rankings, I like the composition of the team.Feel free to offer comments or criticisms though, because the discussion is the most important reason for having these early, early drafts.
I like your overall strategy...it should work out well. Not really that big on White/VJax/Johnson. White had 7 weeks with 11 pt or less...6 of those for VJax...5 for Johnson. Those are the big horses you'll be riding and you'll have to hope they don't disappear in mass one week.You'll be fine at QB and loaded at TE. I see a lot of TDs from your TE position. There's enough scraps left at RB that you'll hit on something that will score.This should be a fun team to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread