What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL 2 Draft Commentary (1 Viewer)

Phenix

Footballguy
ADP and Foster are the top 2 picks!Sure did not expect ADP to go #1, but it is not a reach by any means. Foster, barring injury, is still a #1 pick in my eyes.

I'll be hit and miss today - travelling form Seattle to Portland. I can pick from the phone, but PMs may be tough and there may be a section of low coverage. I'll work on getting lists together. Is someone going to be around mostt of the time who can take lists?

With about 150 carries CJ was almost top 5... so I am figuring more carries this season with better coaching staff to vault CJ into the top 3 RBs. 200+ carries, 50+ catches, 2000+ combined yds, 10+ tds is the potential in 2013. I also figure Spiller will be the primary RB for 2013 which is my basis of the additional stats.

Last edited by a moderator:
The RB run was tempting, but after the bloodbath we had at TE this year, I'm happy to get one of the clear cut elite options at #10

The RB run was tempting, but after the bloodbath we had at TE this year, I'm happy to get one of the clear cut elite options at #10
was hoping the injury would allow him to fall all the way to me at 14...he was still the highest average scoring non QB....

'Sigmund Bloom said:
meh, the gap seems to have closed, especially in a bb format.

'Sigmund Bloom said:
really? w gates fading, heath miller suffering a torn ACL late in the season, and gonzo on verge of retirement? If anything, the gap is getting larger

'Sigmund Bloom said:
really? w gates fading, heath miller suffering a torn ACL late in the season, and gonzo on verge of retirement? If anything, the gap is getting larger
I was all prepared to bring facts that supportted my position, but after researching and typing up a reply, I determined that nothing really changed over the last couple of years. I think you're perceiving the gap getting larger based on last year's breakout candidates having ho-hum seasons and I'm perceiving it getting smaller because I'm over rating these breakouts guys.

'BassNBrew said:
I was all prepared to bring facts that supportted my position, but after researching and typing up a reply, I determined that nothing really changed over the last couple of years. I think you're perceiving the gap getting larger based on last year's breakout candidates having ho-hum seasons and I'm perceiving it getting smaller because I'm over rating these breakouts guys.
I can get with that. Definitely a lot of guys w 40+ catches last year

And the QB seal has been broken... I'm not solid on Jamaal Charles. KC just isn't far enough along with talent to have him produce weekly. Too many sub par weeks from him and in this format, one of those could end it. I would also not be surprised if they get another RB in the draft.Albeit, being my first winter draft, this sure has a heck of a lot more 'divination needed' due to how far from the season we are and pre-NFL draft and everything! I won't be surprised if come August and I look at the team I drafted here, I might be wondering what the heck was I thinking back in January! :excited:

So I feel like I just slapped yo momma and stole her baby. Charles at 2.1? Thought for sure he'd be long gone.
Yeah, too bad Andy Reid is his coach now.
Didn't he coach Westbrook and McCoy? They had some nice FF seasons for me over the years.
True, but hasn't Andy been more of a pass first lately?
I think Charles could be the leading receiver in KC.
I think he wont be the leading receiver in KC.

pretty interesting to see some of the differences in the three drafts this year....in the past, it seemed liked they mirrored each other pretty close....guys going off within a few picks of each other with a few exceptions thrown in....with the return of some of the RB's and a few more QB's that seem to have shown that they can put up some points with the big boys, many are sitting on the QB spot this and waiting...kinda looking forward to see how these first 10 rounds or so shake out this year....

'WisWolvrns said:
:yawn: at 1-2 rounds/week this thing might be still going during the NFL draft...
No it won't. If the drafts start dragging on too long, Bass will put a 4 hour timer on the league.

while we all know we need to be checking in, the guys within a few spots of the turn should know they need to check in pretty quick after the pick leading into the turn.....that next pick usually can come pretty quick.....then after that pick you can be safe to wait awhile...

Do we really get our timer cut in half on the first pick? Finding out that the clock started from a random BnB post a day ahead of time is a little short on notice.

Do we really get our timer cut in half on the first pick? Finding out that the clock started from a random BnB post a day ahead of time is a little short on notice.
not a big deal in my book...
Well, it is a big deal in my book. It isn't like we did not know when it was going to start. A couple points...1) If you sign up it is your responsibility to make sure you check in more often, you would see that BnB said it would start the week after conf championships.2) I understand things come up, and stuff is more important than this, but when you sign up you make a commitment to making sure you pay attention for the duration of the draft. If you have to log in more, that is what you do regardless of your everyday routine. I'm sick of excuses from people who have done this a while and know whats up, people in WSL 1 have had no problem.

Hey I'm headed to Vegas for super bowl, if you see I'm on the clock, email me and I'll pick. Scott@fftoolbox.com will be checking periodically but just in case

1/5th of the way home....

2.03 Aaron Rodgers QB GB

3.14 Steven Jackson RB ?

1.14 Julio Jones WR ATL

4.03 Eric Decker WR DEN

1.14: as the first round made it's way down, I was hoping McCoy/Richardson/Gronk would fall to me but no such luck. Green/Spiller are about the only guys taken before me that I wouldn't have taken here. With only two drafters after me I knew if I wanted one of Rodgers/Brees/Brady that I could get one on the way back. I wanted no part of Charles in this format with the first pick. I am of the opinion that Marshall will struggle to put up the numbers again that he did last year. Considered Witten and Hernadez here, but eventually settled on Jones. I like him a lot. Thought he might not make it back around the turn so I pulled the trigger. Gotta start 3.

2.03 Didn't really expect all 3 QB's to still be there. Not big on Forte or Murray here or any of the other RB's (although I sniffed MJD). Again Witten and Hernadez were considerations but in the end the chance to get the best QB in the second round was too tempting. Knew all three would be gone by 3.14. Pretty easy pick here.

3.14 Probably raised a few eye brows here but this is the type of RB I knew I would be staring at after having passed on them in the first 2 rounds. (would have liked Sproles or Ridley) Last year I had some success waiting on RB until like the 5th or 6th rounds, but not enough success. 18 RB's off the board by this pick. I honestly didn't lock myself into a RB pick here but out of what was left at the position I liked Jackson the best. From looking at the other drafts, it appears I could have definately got him with my next pick after the turn and maybe even in the 5th. My thouught process was this: the two drafters behind me only had 1 RB between them, there was a group of WR's in my mind (led by Decker who I later got) that I would have been happy with in the 4th. I didn't want to take a chance that Sinrman or TL had the same feelings I did about what was left at RB and me wanting Jackson more than any of the others is what made me go ahead and take him here. The (?) next to his name above may be the most important part of this pick. He is only 29 and uber talented, I have a feeling he will be in demand by some teams that could put him in a much more successful position to succeed then he is in STL. Rolling the dice here and hoping it pays off. Landing in some rumored spots (GB/PIT/ATL) could be gold. Probably his last contract I think he signs someplace that he thinks is a contender and that he can be a big part of, and that ain't STL, even if it means less money. We'll see.

4.04 Easy pick for me here over the other WR's in this range and will discuss that later as the draft moves on. Did sniff a RB here but gambling he makes it back in the 5th.

:banned:

Reagrding the Steven Jackson pick StinkinRef made at 3.14, he went at 5.7 in WSL 3. I suspect that Domination got a serious bargain, but still it was over a round and a half later than here.Jackson has always been a steady producer, but lots of questions about next year at this point.

I'm really liking the start Nugget has had. I think CJ/Nicks/Brees all offered value where he got them. I'm kink of :meh: about Gore, but you have to draft some RBs.

Reagrding the Steven Jackson pick StinkinRef made at 3.14, he went at 5.7 in WSL 3. I suspect that Domination got a serious bargain, but still it was over a round and a half later than here.Jackson has always been a steady producer, but lots of questions about next year at this point.
there wouldn't have been much of a difference if I take him at 3.14 or 4.03....but I doubt I get him at 5.14...for me I guess there are some questions....but with his pending free agency....I think his arrow is pointing up more then it is staying the same or pointing down should he stay in STL and compete with Richardson for carries....I don't put a ton of weight into a round more or a round and a half more, or two rounds more...etc...for me it was based on draft position and either get him with one of these two picks or probably not get him at all....it kinda makes it look like I got no value, but I don't give a crap....if I think he is 4th or mid 5th round value I had to take him with my 3rd or 4th pick which were only seperated by 4 picks....don't think he makes it to 5.14....so yeah, I favor the Domination got serious bargain side of the coin....

CAREER UNDERACHIEVER

no offense to the guys that have drafted him in these leagues this year....but am I missing something on Quiz..... :confused:

I got S-Jax at 5.11 in WSL1. I feel like it just came down to people looking at S-Jax's age and uncertain return destination and that kept them away, Guy still had back to back 1,000 yard seasons with 40 receptions tho, so I mean he's certainly solid value as RB20ish or so.

Quick heads up. You guys need to pick up the pace. I target a 4 week completion time for these drafts with a max of 5 weeks. This draft is behind the 5 week pace. I'll revisit this next Monday and adjust the clock as need to get get this draft back on pace.

Quick heads up. You guys need to pick up the pace. I target a 4 week completion time for these drafts with a max of 5 weeks. This draft is behind the 5 week pace. I'll revisit this next Monday and adjust the clock as need to get get this draft back on pace.
For example, how does a guy in Shadowfox who knows he would be up by morning not check in by now? I'm calling everyone in this league out, you all are so dang slow its pathetic. Have done a bunch of these and have never seen one this slow. You all should be ashamed to sign up for something and treat it with total disrespect like the league revolves around you. Want me to stop complaining pick up the pace, if the pace does not pick up then I will not shut up and you will have to put me on ignore because I will cry whine and complain until it picks up not to mention fill your in box until you get the clue.

For example, how does a guy in Shadowfox who knows he would be up by morning not check in by now? I'm calling everyone in this league out, you all are so dang slow its pathetic. Have done a bunch of these and have never seen one this slow. You all should be ashamed to sign up for something and treat it with total disrespect like the league revolves around you. Want me to stop complaining pick up the pace, if the pace does not pick up then I will not shut up and you will have to put me on ignore because I will cry whine and complain until it picks up not to mention fill your in box until you get the clue.
Just a suggestion, but let it go. Peer pressure works to a point and then it becomes counter productive. I'll manage this so we finish in the same window we usually do. Let the people complain about how I'm being unfair but you're not going to make any headway here. Feel free to pm me with complaints. Just have some faith we'll get this on track.

Just a suggestion, but let it go. Peer pressure works to a point and then it becomes counter productive. I'll manage this so we finish in the same window we usually do. Let the people complain about how I'm being unfair but you're not going to make any headway here. Feel free to pm me with complaints. Just have some faith we'll get this on track.
Fair enough, had to let it out.

I do not see Turner in Atl next season. His productivity dropped this year and he is on the wrong side of 30. Tie that in with a more pass based offense and the retirement of Gonzalas, there are a bunch of carries and receptions to be had in Atlanta. I envision Sproles type stats.

Users who are viewing this thread